CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Buku] ...Quotables @ Bookshelf ...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 6-3-2019 06:54 PM | Show all posts
“I am beginning to think that love itself is never wrong. It is what love can drive people to do that is the problem.”

ROBIN LAFEVERS, MORTAL HEART

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 7-3-2019 08:22 AM | Show all posts
“Be yourself and people will like you.”
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 10:55 PM | Show all posts
“May you walk a lighted path. May you fight for truth - your truth, not someone else’s - and may you understand, above all things, that you are the most important concept, theory, and philosophy I have ever known.”

MARISHA PESSL, SPECIAL TOPICS IN CALAMITY PHYSICS.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 10:55 PM | Show all posts
“Sometimes you’re lying when you say nothing at all.”

ALICE KUIPERS, 40 THINGS I WANT TO TELL YOU

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 10:56 PM | Show all posts
“If the moon smiled, she would resemble you.
You leave the same impression
Of something beautiful, but annihilating.”

SYLVIA PLATH, ARIEL

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 10:56 PM | Show all posts
“So much of life is in the smallness of moments…but they are harder to mark. So we need the grander celebrations and occasions. People like to feel significant.”

ALLY CONDIE, ATLANTIA

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 7-3-2019 10:57 PM | Show all posts
“People will believe the crisis is over because they want to believe their world is safe.”

JOELLE CHARBONNEAU, GRADUATION DAY

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 10:57 PM | Show all posts
“We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, ‘I survived’.”

CHRIS CLEAVE, LITTLE BEE

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-3-2019 10:58 PM | Show all posts
“Wasn’t that the definition of home? Not where you are from, but where you are wanted.”

ABRAHAM VERGHESE, CUTTING FOR STONE

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 10:59 PM | Show all posts
“Don’t let us forget that the causes of human actions are usually immeasurably more complex and varied than our subsequent explanations of them.”

FYODOR DOSTOEVSKY, THE IDIOT

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 10:59 PM | Show all posts
“There are always scary things happening in the world. There are always wonderful things happening. And it’s up to you to decide how you’re going to approach the world…how you’re going to live in it, and what you’re going to do.”

DEBORAH WILES, COUNTDOWN

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 11:00 PM | Show all posts
“We all have our la-la-la song. The thing we do when the world isn’t singing a nice tune to us. We sing our own nice tune to drown out ugly.”

RITA WILLIAMS-GARCIA, ONE CRAZY SUMMER

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 11:00 PM | Show all posts
“Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. … It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world’s greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see.”

ANN PATCHETT, BEL CANTO

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 11:01 PM | Show all posts
“Don’t worry about wanting to change; start worrying when you don’t feel like changing anymore. And in the meantime, enjoy every version of yourself you ever meet, because not everybody who discovers their true identity likes what they find.”

ANTONY JOHN, FIVE FLAVORS OF DUMB

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 11:02 PM | Show all posts
“There are things we never tell anyone. We want to but we can’t. So we write them down. Or we paint them. Or we sing about them. It’s our only option. To remember. To attempt to discover the truth. Sometimes we do it to stay alive. These things, they live inside of us. They are the secrets we stash in our pockets and the weapons we carry like guns across our backs. And in the end we have to decide for ourselves when these things are worth fighting for, and when it’s time to throw in the towel.”

TIFFANIE DEBARTOLO, HOW TO KILL A ROCKSTAR

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2019 11:02 PM | Show all posts
“It’s funny how bed and pillows and covers can change a conversation. Words turn quiet and you mean more and say less. It’s like you can build your own little world, Population: 2.”

ROBIN BENWAY, AUDREY, WAIT!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-3-2019 11:03 PM | Show all posts
“What transforms this world is — knowledge. Do you see what I mean? Nothing else can change anything in this world. Knowledge alone is capable of transforming the world, while at the same time leaving it exactly as it is. When you look at the world with knowledge, you realize that things are unchangeable and at the same time are constantly being transformed.”

YUKIO MISHIMA, THE TEMPLE OF THE GOLDEN PAVILLION

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-3-2019 08:37 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2019 04:13 PM | Show all posts
“This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!”

JULIA CHILD, MY LIFE IN FRANCE

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2019 04:14 PM | Show all posts
“Stars, too, are time travelers. How many of those ancient points of light were the last echoes of suns now dead? How many had been born but their light not yet come this far? If all the suns but ours collapsed tonight, how many lifetimes would it take for us to realize that we were alone? I had always known the sky was full of mysteries - but not until now had I realized how full of them the earth was.”

RANSOM RIGGS, MISS PEREGRINE’S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

9-6-2024 02:28 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083466 second(s), 48 queries .