babe Publish time 2-9-2009 10:55 PM

my review on la mer.. i started using it 2 years back... habis 3 bottle cream de la mer and so far i was loving it.. tapi disebabkan harganye babe tot of switching to another brand.. tapi switch nye switch.. last week i finnally bought a nother jar... n i swear im still loving it.. the texture is quite heavy... but since babe tgh buat laser treatment and babe rasa lately my skin quite kering disebabkan of the treatment... i guess it works best for me right now... babe sempat tanye the salesgirl about the facial.. its rm330 for one hour... dia org pakai semua produck la mer tanpe berjimat cermat... anyone pernah try.. review please..

sueism Publish time 3-9-2009 01:36 PM

sorry menyampuk , sue memang pakai lamer since last year...first my skin is always dry...lepas pakai lamer memang kulit tak kering especially pakai time malam...bangun bagi memang rasa best...memang rich what i do is i take cuma sikit aje...then warm with my fingers and sapu kat muka satu jar 1 oz tu can last me 8 months..memang mahal tapi berbaloi sebab muka tak kering ...

xarra Publish time 29-3-2011 12:19 PM

Dia ada range fir body care x?

zagzigzug Publish time 2-4-2011 05:50 PM

sesape penah try la prairie?
It's Switzerland product gak
dah search tp tak jumpe
any review?

azilamie2 Publish time 19-9-2013 03:15 AM

la mer ni amat la mahallll xbape nak mampu mencubanya huhu

missmechy Publish time 19-9-2013 09:25 AM

grrrrr..berapa range harganya dr cleanser,toner,moisturiser n serum?

PutriJ Publish time 19-9-2013 09:37 AM

missmechy posted on 19-9-2013 09:25 AM static/image/common/back.gif
grrrrr..berapa range harganya dr cleanser,toner,moisturiser n serum?

rm 300 and above

green~tea Publish time 19-9-2013 09:47 AM

sorry la... bukan niat tea nak kutuk product nie.. tp below review from beautypedia, is worth a reading.. La mer is a good product, but it's too pricey...

La Mer At-A-Glance

Strengths:Effective cleansers; one very good serum, though less-expensive options are available from other Lauder-owned lines; mostly good foundations; supremely good powders; the makeup brushes.

Weaknesses: Outlandish claims; ultra-pricey; several products contain irritants, including eucalyptus oil and lime; no AHA or BHA products; an incomplete makeup selection; one of the foundations with sunscreen does not provide sufficient UVA protection.

The original Creme De La Mer was launched by Estee Lauder as a miracle product for wrinkles based on research from Max Huber, an aerospace physicist. How does space technology relate to wrinkles? Well, it doesn't, although it may lend an air of expertise (if you can do rocket science, the assumption is you can do anything). Huber at one time suffered severe chemical burns in an accident. Then, according to the Max Huber Laboratories, after 12 years and 6,000 experiments, he came up with a special cream. The company refers to its key element as "miracle broth," and it's said to take months to concoct and ferment. In this case, the process that goes into making La Mer products gets as much talk as the product itself. So be prepared for formulary information that sounds a lot like alchemy.

Huber's experiments took place over 30 years ago. Given that none of his self-experimentation was ever documented or published, there is no way to know what Huber was using before, what was unique about this formula, or what went wrong with the 5,999 or so other experiments that preceded the final discovery. It turns out that the original Creme De La Mer was, and still is, almost exclusively algae, mineral oil, Vaseline, thickening agents, and lime extract. Not very exciting stuff, but most of it will make dry skin look and feel better, although the jar packaging doesn't provide much hope for the algae. The notion that anything in this product can be a miracle for burns—or any aspect of skin care—is strictly folklore and has nothing to do with rocket science or even cosmetic chemistry for that matter.

Given the cult status the original Creme De La Mer enjoys, it's hardly surprising that Lauder has spun an entire skin-care line out of a product that was initially sold as the be-all and end-all antiwrinkle solution (in jar packaging, no less, which would have the effect of rendering the algae—the cornerstone of the product—unstable). In the world of skin care, if one product sells well, then other related products that carry the same name will experience increased sales, too. With today's expanded range of La Mer products, Estee Lauder has added a slew of hocus-pocus ingredients to the continuing list of concoctions that were never in Huber's original formula. So much for the credibility of that mythic story, because it obviously wasn’t good enough to be repeated.

These supplementary products contain malachite, a range of other minerals, diamond powder, something called "declustered" water, and another semiprecious stone, tourmaline (which is now being downplayed in favor of the semiprecious stone du jour, malachite). It's almost too outlandish to even begin explaining, but the declustered water deserves some elucidation. Before reading on, keep in mind that if these products were the ultimate for the Estee Lauder company, why are they still selling all those other anti-aging products in the dozen or so other lines they own and retail just around the cosmetics counter next door?

Supposedly, the La Mer products are worth the money because most of them contain declustered water. Declustered water is water manufactured to have smaller ions, which supposedly makes the water penetrate the skin better. There is no proof that this synthetic water does what the company claims, but even if the water could penetrate better, is that better for skin? There is definitely research indicating that too much water in the skin can make it plump, but that could also prevent cell turnover and renewal, and inhibit the skin's immune response. Either way, skin likes taking on water—it plumps to a thousand times its normal size just from taking a bath—and it doesn't need special water to help the process along, nor would that be good for skin in the long run. Moreover, if the declustered water were indeed capable of carrying La Mer's miracle broth further into skin, that would only make matters worse because some of the components in this broth are documented irritants.

Other gimmicky ingredients La Mer products contain are fish cartilage, algae (explained in the Creme De La Mer review), and the rarefied blue algae, which La Mer claims can "biologically lift" skin due to its nutrient-dense nature. While all of these may have some water-binding properties, the fiction that any of them could have an impact on wrinkles is not substantiated in any published scientific study.

For more information about La Mer, owned by Estee Lauder, call (866) 850-9400 or visit www.cremedelamer.com.

cruz2 Publish time 19-9-2013 09:54 AM

Chef wan pengguna tegar La Mer ni

missmechy Publish time 19-9-2013 12:27 PM

PutriJ posted on 19-9-2013 09:37 AM static/image/common/back.gif
rm 300 and above

mcm ok grrrrrr
tp takut nk tukar la plakkk sbb dh lama pki skincare yg skrg ni

kak Putri,nak cube keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee {:mldance2:}

PutriJ Publish time 19-9-2013 01:50 PM

missmechy posted on 19-9-2013 12:27 PM static/image/common/back.gif
mcm ok grrrrrr
tp takut nk tukar la plakkk sbb dh lama pki skincare yg skrg ni

Frankly speaking,

memang skincare very important..however, the most important things is supplement.
for me, kalau dah pakai SKII, Estee Lauder..Clarins, dan supplement Collagen dan lain2.. tu dah cukup bagus..

kalau nak lebih dari itu ? better jumpa Doctor but not La Mer ..yang too pricy.

most of my friends kulit muka mcam porcelain...teruja kan????

They used Tabita.. ( I do not recommended Tabita to uolss )

bIla mereka nak switch Tabita kepada product yang selamat, mereka jumpa Doctor for treatment....

jadi kita jangan mudah percaya dengan skincare yang di kaunter..boleh buat muka mcam Barbie Dolls.

{:mlshy:}peringatan juga utk diri sendiri

missmechy Publish time 19-9-2013 02:13 PM

PutriJ posted on 19-9-2013 01:50 PM static/image/common/back.gif
Frankly speaking,

memang skincare very important..however, the most important things is supplem ...

haah tu la pasal..skincare yg pakai skrg pun dh puas ati sgt2
tp bila akak sebut La Mer,jd gatal tgn lak..hahah

mmg akan problem if dh pakai product mengelupas then nk tukar ke product kaunter..sbb kulit muka dh rosak..product kaunter bukanlah product yg bole berikan kesan dlm masa seminggu terus nmpk cantik
muka terbiasa dgn cantik mengejut tetiba nk pki product slow n steady..paham2 je la kan..
naz sendiri pki since 2007 until now..apepun kena konsisten {:mlpomelo:}

PutriJ Publish time 19-9-2013 05:19 PM

missmechy posted on 19-9-2013 02:13 PM static/image/common/back.gif
haah tu la pasal..skincare yg pakai skrg pun dh puas ati sgt2
tp bila akak sebut La Mer,jd gatal...

SK II pun dah cukup bagus...

La Mer kawan akak pakai yang Gel..

for her ok...
tapi Gel ni cepat kering...tapi x tahulah kalau kita berpeluh jadi apa kan? mungkin ok.

ada tu x sesuai pasal pasal sensitif dengan bahan2 lautan..

mmang gatal jadinya

pinksarah Publish time 19-9-2013 06:10 PM

PutriJ posted on 19-9-2013 09:19 AM static/image/common/back.gif

La Mer mmg pricey..

cream cleanser dia aje dh £50 (rm260)

i pakai the cleanser,ok la tp i combine dgn benda lain..

utk skincare sekarang ni i serasi dgn clinique..

their moisturiser yg bottle warna kuning tu highly recommended,lps tu you top up dgn moisture surge..it locked your skin moisture from getting dryer..

my problem,dah susah nak pakai skincare dr pharmacy..i cuba tp ended up x cukup moist..

lg teruk,my skin jenis combination/dry..very difficult to find a suitable skincare..

before i pakai clarins,harga cheaper sikit,jenis matte of moisturiser but x tahan lama,still gelupas especially around tepi mulut..

lg pun,brand yg i pakai ni not as expensive as La Mer..

cepheid Publish time 19-9-2013 06:40 PM

Sapa rajin sila la baca artikel ni
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2418153/Claire-used-1-Nivea-cream-half-face--105-Cr-la-Mer-The-results-VERY-revealing.html

Claire used £1 Nivea cream on half her face - and £105 Crème de la Mer on the other. The results are VERY revealing

Ni kesimpulan dari artikel tu

SO WHICH WAS THE CREME DE LA CREME?

I return to Nicolas for the final results and he's unequivocal. According to the dermatologist's scans, Nivea has performed best. He says the left-hand side of my face - where I used Nivea - has retained better hydration than its rival. Not only this, but my redness has reduced and some of the fine lines around my eyes have disappeared.

On the Nivea side, he thinks I have the skin of someone five years younger than I am.

While I felt that both creams made my skin look great, if you can get better results for a fraction of the price of Crème de la Mer and a lot less hassle in the morning, the winner is obvious.

So when a friend rings me from Lidl to tell me Nivea Crème is on special offer - a 200ml pot is just £1.99 - I ask her to buy me two.

missmechy Publish time 19-9-2013 09:37 PM

PutriJ posted on 19-9-2013 05:19 PM static/image/common/back.gif

ya la kak..cont ja dgn sk2
malas dah nk pikir2
tp haippp kak..jgn gode sy lagiiiiii {:mlblossom:}

PutriJ Publish time 20-9-2013 08:45 AM

pinksarah posted on 19-9-2013 06:10 PM static/image/common/back.gif
La Mer mmg pricey..

cream cleanser dia aje dh £50 (rm260)

CC cream tu u pernah try? Clinique?

PutriJ Publish time 20-9-2013 08:46 AM

missmechy posted on 19-9-2013 09:37 PM static/image/common/back.gif
ya la kak..cont ja dgn sk2
malas dah nk pikir2
tp haippp kak..jgn gode sy lagiiiiii {:mlblossom: ...

CC cream Clinique ...macam best....

jojot Publish time 20-9-2013 01:56 PM

la mer mmg mahal..
tp ramai ckp bagus
n yg ramai gune, Chinese aje r :)

reenz013 Publish time 20-9-2013 02:17 PM

lamer mahal sgt mampoo tgk jelah
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
View full version: All About La Mer

ADVERTISEMENT