johngage Publish time 2-3-2008 09:51 AM

Sweden has 50-60 Gripen A/B's which they may be willing to sell. Admittedly, there are around 10-15 years old but they can be upgraded to the C/D standard for around $15-20 million. These Gripens are destined to be scrapped and there is no reason for the Swedish Air Force to keep them once they get their hands on the E/F model. It strikes me that this could be a good solution for Malaysia to enable us to buy a large number of capable aircraft at a reasonable price.

belacan79 Publish time 2-3-2008 02:44 PM

Rusian equipmen must be check becuz rusian seller are very cuning. They care about money first. Indian air fos has so many preblem with MKI for many years. Even the kurent My mkm is having prebelms with sistem integreton. Reported in some mags. I hope this not big isue. India took 7 year plus with isreal help to fix bugs in MKI plaine. Rusian will only help if buyer pay them more $$$.

Hear old report abt indian su-30 k

India grounds Sukhoi jet squadron due to technical problems: report

NEW DELHI (AFP) Sep 06, 2003
The Indian air force grounded a squadron of Russian-built Sukhoi 30-K combat aircraft after they developed nicks in their engine blades, The Hindu daily said Saturday.

Indian air force officials demanded the defective parts be replaced for free, but the Russian manufacturers insisted on payment saying the warranty period had expired, the newspaper said, quoting unidentified sources at the air force.

The report said air force officials have threatened to stall a long-term contract for supply and manufacture of the Sukhoi in India unless the warranty is extended to cover the replacement of the parts.

India has 28 Sukhoi planes, which with modification can carry nuclear weapons.

The report said the problems developed with the first lot of Sukhois that have completed on average 700 hours of flying time each since their arrival 25 years ago.

Russia, a Cold War ally of India, remains the country's largest supplier of military hardware, accounting for more than 70 percent of army, air force and navy equipment.

While India has increasingly been branching out to Western military equipment, Russian hardware is generally priced lower.

http://www.spacewar.com/2003/030906073213.ehaajwpv.html

[ Last edited bybelacan79 at 2-3-2008 02:48 PM ]

belacan79 Publish time 3-3-2008 03:12 AM

Tiz latest Sg F15Sg pic from sg porem :)

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa66/Storm123_2007/F15SG_11.jpg

hyazinth79 Publish time 10-3-2008 12:04 PM

RMAF should wait for the future or new generation aircraft, pak fa, future gripen nad f35, not wasting money for something which will be replace by new aircraft at any time now.2 mrca which Rmaf might operates is enough to close the gap before the roll out of the mew generation aircraft

Robotech Publish time 11-3-2008 04:07 PM

My advice, dont get Russian stuff unless we have to.

Well, given the current Govt. (post 12th GE) is hardpressed in regards of MY purse strings (thanks to the stronger Opposition), there's high probability that Ruskies military products may given higher priority. Or, there might not be any new replacement at all.

malberi8 Publish time 11-3-2008 04:24 PM

Reply #145 Robotech's post

we have to .. no choice, you wanna be like pakistan or indon..with arm
embargo and etc.. ? and we r not consider friendly as singapore or israel.. uncle
SAM will only provide MY with downgraded system , like our hornet...

why spend money on something that is clearly inferior to our neighbours and
at a higher cost? and US can use this as a way to control MY in future..

johngage Publish time 12-3-2008 02:19 AM

Originally posted by malberi8 at 11-3-2008 04:24 PM http://forum3.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif
we have to .. no choice, you wanna be like pakistan or indon..with arm
embargo and etc.. ? and we r not consider friendly as singapore or israel.. uncle
SAM will only provide MY with downgrad ...

Why not just get another squadron of SU-30MKM's? I say get rid of the F/A-18D's and the MiG-29N's and Hawks, and put all our money to developing the SU-30MKM into as potent a package as possible. Think of how much money we would save by not operating US/British aircraft, think how much money we would save in logistiics, spare-parts, weapons, AWACS integration...etc

Just have ONE basic trainer (Pilatus), ONE advanced trainer (Aermacchi) and ONE frontline combat aircraft (SU-30MKM), we would save so much money by making our logistics simpler instead of operating a zoo. We could also have a large school of pilots as we would save money instead of training them on so many different aircraft. Think about how much money we would save, we would pay for ONE expensive SU-30MKM simulator, intead of four, ONE order of spare-parts instead of four, ONE set of weapons instead of four, ONE set of ECM instead of four, ONE type of radar instead of four.Furthermore, there is no danger of embargo from Russia. They supply arms to North Korea and Myanmar, two of the most embargoed nations in the world. i don't think there is any danger Russia would embargo Malaysia.

[ Last edited byjohngage at 12-3-2008 04:47 AM ]

mentosonline Publish time 12-3-2008 08:55 AM

Reply #147 johngage's post

In reality, it's not so simple.
With a strengthened opposition, every single government policy will be scrutinised and re-scrutinised.
Even attempting to decommission F-18s and Mig-29s prematurely may be used by the opposition against the BN.

But if RMAF manages to clear all the hurdles, such a procurement strategy would turn out to be pretty decent.

areguard Publish time 12-3-2008 09:22 AM

Aden rasa strategis dan pemikir pertahanan MINDEF pun pening kepala dengan aset ala zoo TUDM ni...pelbagai jenis dan kurang dari segi numbers. Korang ingat depa tak terfikir ke ni semuatapi nak buat macamana..yg diminta F16 dapat A4 Skyhawk seken hand...contoh je la..:'(

yaminz Publish time 12-3-2008 09:30 AM

Reply #149 areguard's post

Xtau lak Msia nak dpt F-16, stahu Msia nak dptkan A-7 Corsair o F-4 Phantom bfr choosed A-4 Skyhawk...

areguard Publish time 12-3-2008 11:13 AM

Aden kata contoh...:lol: anyway shud be worried with keupayaan cegah rintang TUDM dgn hanya 8 F18D, a couple of outdated analog Migs and not fully operational 10 SUs... :L :L

StealthTuah Publish time 12-3-2008 12:34 PM

Reply #147 johngage's post

Still Aermacchi not even in the LIFT class, meaning another training type is needed. I agreed Su-30 must be multiplied but somehow I believe RMAF love-hate relationship with US plane has been always because of its efficiency, high technology, reliability, low maintenance cost and firepower.

Firepower as in the wide ranging of missiles and bombs which i know many will said RMAF will only get a handful of old tech missiles.Yet the capability of this weaponry has been demonstrated by various war recently.making RMAF more drooling on them.Russian missiles even looks menacing enough especially with their supersonic capability has been regularly reported has problem with inaccuracies and less-than-advertised capabilities.

Which turn us back to square one.we still need the US plane.other than to maintain relationship, we have to agreed their arsenal is indeed one of their best.european solution meanwhile is pretty pricey which already a hindrance.

Yet I agreed Mig must go so we can focused on a much efficient AF.BUt with a decent replacement in quality and numbers.

johngage Publish time 12-3-2008 06:42 PM

Still Aermacchi not even in the LIFT class, meaning another training type is needed.

But I still don't understand why another training type is needed :mad:Look at the Royal Air Force:

Basic training is done by the Tucano T1

Advanced is done by the Hawk T1

Why can't the RMAF do the same? If the Aermacchi is not up to the job, get rid of the Aermacchi and replace it with the Hawk instead.

I agreed Su-30 must be multiplied but somehow I believe RMAF love-hate relationship with US plane has been always because of its efficiency, high technology, reliability, low maintenance cost and firepower.

Firepower as in the wide ranging of missiles and bombs which i know many will said RMAF will only get a handful of old tech missiles.Yet the capability of this weaponry has been demonstrated by various war recently.making RMAF more drooling on them.Russian missiles even looks menacing enough especially with their supersonic capability has been regularly reported has problem with inaccuracies and less-than-advertised capabilities. Which turn us back to square one.we still need the US plane.other than to maintain relationship, we have to agreed their arsenal is indeed one of their best.european solution meanwhile is pretty pricey which already a hindrance.

Yet I agreed Mig must go so we can focused on a much efficient AF.BUt with a decent replacement in quality and numbers.

I am a big fan of the F/A-18E/F. But since the APG-79 AESA is not going to be offered to Malaysia, its a whole lot less capable. In my opinion, an F/A-18D is significantly less capable than an Su-30 MKM. Now would it still be useful due to the US bombs and missiles it can carry? Sure, the access to even basic JDAM'S is almost worth it. However IMHO that alone is not worth the compromised capability and logistical complications of operating a ORBAT consisting of US and Russian aircraft which share nothing in common, even the weapons loadout. However the same could said for operating MiG 29's and F/A-18D's as well, so who knows what the logic is. Perhaps you are right, that its more political rather than operational, keeping defence ties strong with the west and east? Because it makes absolutely no sense logistically :'(

By far the best option for the RMAF IMO would to be to buy another squadron of SU-30MKM aiming for an ORBAT of around 54. There are just too many compromises with US aircraft for Malaysia and theres no point in complicating our logistical constraints by having a half US and half russian aircraft with different weapon requirements, and spare-parts that are not interchangable. IMHO Its a waste of time and money :'(

yaminz Publish time 13-3-2008 09:15 AM

Reply #153 johngage's post

Basic training for RMAF is Pilatus 7... For Advance training RMAF using MB-339AM to be decommisioned (replaced with MB-339CM), and Hawk 108...

For me, better Msia using twin engine (SU-30MKM) and single engine (JAS-39)... Only 2 types... :lol: :lol: :lol:

aemilius Publish time 13-3-2008 12:03 PM

Originally posted by yaminz at 13-3-2008 09:15 AM http://forum3.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif
Basic training for RMAF is Pilatus 7... For Advance training RMAF using MB-339AM to be decommisioned (replaced with MB-339CM), and Hawk 108...

For me, better Msia using twin engine (SU-30MKM) ...

That's what I don't understand if the RAF uses just one aircraft for basic (Pilatus) and one aircraft for Advanced (Hawk), why can't the RMAF do the same?

StealthTuah Publish time 13-3-2008 12:45 PM

Reply #153 johngage's post

I'm not sure why but RMAF has been pursuing for LIFT for reason that only forumer from RMAF can explained.

But it seems RMAF wanted a supersonic LIFT rather than something like Macchi or Hawk. clearly they wanted a more modern light supersonic training aircraft perhaps with glass cockpit

And indeed I have been longing for at least 4 squadron of Sukhoi as well.Needless to say the more the merrier

curryjames71 Publish time 13-3-2008 02:29 PM

Rasanya 3 skuadron dah cukup. Tak yah byk sgt MRCA ni.

superhornet Publish time 14-3-2008 03:36 PM

Reply #69 tin's post

sowi lambat balas kat opis line internet problem ... maksud aku ialah aper pilihan terbaik untuk RMAF dari pandangan ko ler sebab aku kurang arif dan ingin menuntut ilmu ...

yaminz Publish time 14-3-2008 04:09 PM

Reply #155 aemilius's post

Dunno, but RMAF may go to use LIFT jet... For now, RMAF already choose MB-339CM strangely it is not LIFT type... Wonder why??? :L :L :L

supergripen Publish time 15-3-2008 10:33 PM

i've said my peace and seems the Gripen is still in front..good job guys.

hope the Gripen will be seriously considered.. i've also high hopes for the current political situation where transparency and close scrutiny is at least a possibility where military purchase is concerned.i'd hate the for the current fiasco in the RMAF to be repeated.

Su-30MKM,Gripen E/F and the Erieye2000.. godspeed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
View full version: M-MRCA utk TUDM

ADVERTISEMENT