six_points Publish time 2-2-2012 12:14 AM

2012 Toyota Avanza launched – RM64,590 to RM79,590

http://cdn0.paultan.org/image/P1070521b-500x329.jpg

UPDATE: Hi res gallery of studio images added

UMW Toyota officially launched the new Toyota Avanza hours ago. This is the second generation Avanza introduced in Indonesia late last year, and our Avanzas now come from that neighbouring country, no longer assembled by Perodua in Rawang. You should know plenty about it already – we covered the Indonesia-spec car and also posted up a scan of the official UMWT brochure in December.

Here’s a recap. This full model change Avanza comes after 140,000 units of the first gen MPV have been sold in Malaysia since October 2004. The Avanza was a pioneer in the affordable MPV segment, and was once the best selling non national vehicle in Malaysia, outselling passenger cars. This new one wears more sculptured styling for a more dynamic outlook relative to the original. More 3D, car companies like to say.

The profile is also less upright, and the lights at both ends wrap around the body. Current Avanza owners will also notice that the door handles have changed from the lift up type to the grip type, which looks and works better. The wing mirrors have a more streamlined look and incorporate turn signals. The windscreen washer nozzles have been relocated to below the glass for a smooth bonnet.

It’s not just a facelift as some believe. The new Avanza is 20 mm longer and 30 mm wider than before, while front and rear tracks are up by 20 mm. The platform has been carried over, and the RWD layout remains. Toyota says that RWD gives better maneuverability via a better turning circle, which is best in class at 4.7m. The range topping 1.5S has a different grille and bumper (larger intake) than the G and E specs.

Under the hood lies the familiar 3SZ-VE 1.5-litre VVTi engine. It puts out 103 PS and 136 Nm, which is less than before because this engine adheres to Euro4 standards, according to UMWT. In case you didn’t know, Malaysia is one of the few markets that are still on Euro2; our neighbours and markets like China and India have progressed.

So perhaps it’s too much of a hassle to “customise” a Euro2 engine for us – the official line is that UMWT is not sure when the Govt will jump from Euro2 to Euro4, so they decided it’s better to bring in the latter.

The 1.3L model, which can only be had with a 5-speed manual gearbox, makes 91 PS and 117 Nm of torque. This K3-VE VVTi powered variant is the lightest, naturally, at 1,070 kg. The range topping 1.5S weighs 1,105 kg. There’s no manual option for the 1.5L engine – a four-speed auto is mandatory.

Despite the slightly lower figures, acceleration is improved and fuel economy is better than before, so it’s win-win for the consumer. FC wise, the new Avanza 1.5 is rated at 12 km/l (7% better) while the 1.3 model does 12.6 km/l, which is 9% better than before. Toyota attributes this to lower rolling resistance tyres (by 10%), improved aerodynamics, lower weight (15-20 kg depending on variant) and the adoption of Electric Power Steering (EPS).

UMWT further tells us that noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) has been improved over the old car, and the suspension has been retuned to offer better ride comfort, including for the last row. For NVH, Toyota has added a resonator to the air cleaner hose to reduce engine boom at high rpms. The 1.5L gets a revised exhaust pipe design to further lower noise.

http://cdn0.paultan.org/image/P1070529b-500x332.jpg

Kit wise, the 1.5S and 1.5G comes with 15-inch alloys (185/65 tyres), fog lamps, multi info display, tilt steering with audio buttons and a 2-DIN head unit with AUX, USB and six speakers. ABS, EBD and dual airbags are also included.

New features across the board include a one-touch tumble down function for the middle row seats, which now can be slid fore and aft. The top of the centre stack has an additional air vent; this one blows re-cooled air to the rear blower for better cooling performance. The interior theme is black for all variants and there’s a new meter design. Look at the brochure scan for the full spec break down.

http://vcdn.paultan.org/image/avanza-specs-500x351.jpg

Click to enlarge spec sheet

Price wise, the Avanza 1.3 is priced at RM64,590, the 1.5E at RM72,590, the 1.5G at RM77,290 and the 1.5S at RM79,590. These are on the road prices including insurance, for metallic colours. The options list has two items – Toyota Standard Solar Flim and an Aerokit.

Credit: paultan.org

{:3_91:}

masa_lalu Publish time 2-2-2012 12:54 AM

nak lawan alza ni..
bagus la toyota ada model baru sbb aku tgk kat jalan mmg dah kurang avanza plet baru..
anyway kalau suruh pilih alza atau avanza aku pilih alza:laugh3:

otai_g Publish time 2-2-2012 01:00 AM

masalah avanza lama bumping kuat sgt kalo langgar bumper.

harap masalah ni dah fix dkt avanza baru nih..

btw, cun gak kete nih, dr alza baik amik nih.

p/s: x dpt vios, dpt avanza pun jadik lah :lol:

biosfree Publish time 2-2-2012 07:14 AM

ala...bye2....avanza...

al-asil Publish time 2-2-2012 07:32 AM

apa la yang toyota ni susah sangat nak buat kerusi baris kedua tu sliding macam alza:(

al-asil Publish time 2-2-2012 07:38 AM

ops silap, buleh sliding rupanya:lol:

fredbok87 Publish time 3-2-2012 10:31 PM

lebih lawo drpda current avanzoooo{:1_132:}

mif_emmett Publish time 3-2-2012 11:20 PM

Xsabo nak try test.

BeeHaa Publish time 4-2-2012 07:49 AM

apesal lah x kuar tahun lepas jer. penat jer beli tahun lepas. zzzzzzz...
harga yg baru ni beza 2k++

by the way dari luar x de nmpk sgt beza pun. ke aku yg rabun

BeeHaa Publish time 4-2-2012 07:50 AM

nak lawan alza ni..
bagus la toyota ada model baru sbb aku tgk kat jalan mmg dah kurang avanza plet ...
masa_lalu Post at 2-2-2012 00:54 http://mforum2.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif

i dah try bawak 2 2..alza vs avanza.. i go for avanza..huhuhuh

BeeHaa Publish time 4-2-2012 08:19 AM

Reply 48# six_points

pre facelift tu model sampai tahun lepas punye kan ?

avanza ada yg model lama punye ..yg x berapa sporty sgt..entah tahun bila punye.kalu tgk kat jln avanza lama tuh plat WK.. camtuh lah.. ppastuh dari plat WS..sampai i punye last year...dah lain rupa dr yg lama..

dah bape kali facelift daaa..

BeeHaa Publish time 4-2-2012 08:39 AM

Post Last Edit by BeeHaa at 4-2-2012 08:40

Reply 51# six_points

i punye warna kelabu itu. susah lah nak beza ngan model 2012 ni. psl gambo tuh x de dari side ke.

kat lambang toyota tuh..3 line jadi 1 line. dah macam rupa alza eh..

BeeHaa Publish time 4-2-2012 09:03 AM

Reply 53# six_points

much more better. ty six points.

mmg lain lah..tang lampu belakang tuh kan..ada lekok gitu

BeeHaa Publish time 4-2-2012 09:04 AM

Reply 53# six_points

u pun pakai avanza ker ?

BeeHaa Publish time 4-2-2012 09:12 AM

Reply 57# six_points

superb tang mana eh ? i mean bukan tang physical look. tang smooth driving. x do lompat2 lagi dah ke ? selama ni baik punye lompat kalo di bumper.. ala2 malas nk tekan break betul2..sure bumpy ride. org depan x rasa lah. sesekali dok belakang ngan anak2..baru la terasa

dune1989 Publish time 4-2-2012 01:52 PM

Avanza in the short run memang sangat reliable,
my family ada Avanza satu beli late 2008,
until my mom not complaint a single thing about it,
saya curi2 drive(kalau balek dari ipoh), memang sedap lagi driving dia even sudah masuk 30,000km, Toyota kalau jaga service memang marbeles,
hopefully can serve my family for another 2-3 years..
dah kira sempit dah Avanza ni bila campur semua my family,
dkt 8 orang lagi2 aku ni yg dah sama besar dgn bapak aku,
hehe, my mom target Innova when the times come..
puas cakap takmo try Exora ke.. hehe.. klu dah rasa syok kat Toyota takmo dah dia.. :lol:

dune1989 Publish time 4-2-2012 01:55 PM

Avanza klu dok belakang mmg bumpy, kalau haku la dok ngan adik bongsu,
dah mabuk2 sket hehe.. slalu tido je ngan adik takmo kasi pening2 hehe :lol:

kivio Publish time 4-2-2012 07:02 PM

Ala-ala Wish sikit la kan..

Zep Publish time 5-2-2012 02:49 PM

Antara alza dengan avanza, aku prefer avanza. famili aku pakai avanza first model. so far memang jarang sangat lah ada problem. memang puas hati. :D

akeyron Publish time 6-2-2012 01:32 PM

mmg cun!!!!
Pages: [1]
View full version: 2012 Toyota Avanza launched – RM64,590 to RM79,590

ADVERTISEMENT