CARI Infonet

Title: Reaksi Orang Tempatan Terhadap Pelancong(14pics) [Print this page]

Author: abgsedapmalam    Time: 17-4-2014 08:48 PM
Title: Reaksi Orang Tempatan Terhadap Pelancong(14pics)
'F*cking Tourist' Series Will Make You Think Twice About How You Travel                   The Huffington Post                                                             | by                                                                  Priscilla Frank

It probably doesn't come as a huge surprise that tourists are amongst the most reviled subgroups of human beings. Butchering languages, crowding up local spots, snapping photos without permission and dropping a few offensive comments along the way, few tourists manage to explore a new locale without vexing many a local in the process.
Photographer Nicolas Demeersman makes the universal aversion to tourism very, very clear in his photography series "fxxkxxxg Tourist." Demeersman captures portraits of citizens of Peru, Jordan, Cuba, Lebanon and beyond, dressed in local garb that many tourists might deem worthy of a snapshot. The one thing all Demeersman's subjects have in common? A proudly wielded middle finger, saying to tourists what so many wish they could -- a big fat "f*ck you."

Demeersman explained how the concept was born in an email to The Huffington Post: "I was motivated by a man who refused me asking to take his portrait, which he answered: 'fxxk off, I don't want to end up in a postcard.'" Thus the phrase "fxxkxxxg tourist" came to mind.
"Every time I take a picture I spend some time in discussion with locals to understand the culture and the way they perceive tourists," Demeersman added. He then uploads the photos onto a blog, accompanied by a brief snippet of the conversation leading up to the image. One such conversation with a farmer in Bali reads:
The farmer:  "The problem here is water."
Photographer:  "But you have running water..."
The farmer:  "In your hotel, yes."

Demeersman's series combines humor and gravity to shine light on a cultural practice that, while everyday and nearly ubiquitous, is a pretty ridiculous tradition when you think about it. The next time you're abroad and ask to snap a picture of a local, imagine their intense desire to flip you off. You probably won't be too off target.
"fxxkxxxg Tourists" is currently on view at Galerie Geraldine Banier in Paris.

Last edited by abgsedapmalam on 17-4-2014 09:04 PM

Author: Pailang    Time: 17-4-2014 09:17 PM
ahmad idham umur 45+++

Last edited by Pailang on 17-4-2014 09:18 PM

Author: munchkin    Time: 17-4-2014 09:43 PM
bendalah ni tunjuk middle finger. esok lusa korang travel. orang lain pulak buat kat korang cam ni
Author: anees~nuhara    Time: 18-4-2014 10:17 AM
dah kenape mcm nk carik gaduh?
Author: amyainsamad    Time: 18-4-2014 11:45 AM
smua tunjuk middle finger
Author: Artemesiaa    Time: 18-4-2014 12:24 PM
Ke photographer tu guna ayat salah masa nak approach dia orang tu yang kena middle finger
Author: miss_qasehs    Time: 18-4-2014 01:30 PM
apa benda ni...
Author: shiraloveyou    Time: 18-4-2014 01:32 PM
natang hapo nih
Author: lylea    Time: 18-4-2014 01:58 PM
tak paham aku.. apa benda ni
Author: syadail    Time: 18-4-2014 04:06 PM
rasanya makcik ulu tu dipaksa tunjuk middle finger tu. MAnalah dia tahu maksudnya.
Author: duniaku85    Time: 18-4-2014 04:51 PM
syadail posted on 18-4-2014 04:06 PM
rasanya makcik ulu tu dipaksa tunjuk middle finger tu. MAnalah dia tahu maksudnya.

betul..kesian makcik tu tak bersalah

Author: WawaRaRa    Time: 18-4-2014 05:27 PM
rasanyer cameraman yg suh diorg pose cam gitu...
Author: solstice    Time: 18-4-2014 06:05 PM
Elok lah tu
Harap x de gmba org msia
Kita negara sopan khennnn
Author: alphawolf    Time: 20-4-2014 08:58 AM
Konsep dia gini, walaupun industri pelancongan mendatangkan pendapatan yang tinggi kepada negara dan mereka yang terlibat dalamnya, para pelancong secara amnya dianggap menyusahkan, terutama kepada warga tempatan. Jadi jurugambar ni buat photo essay pandangan warga2 tempatan mengenai para pelancong.....
Author: Jejaka88    Time: 20-4-2014 11:33 AM
TERUK  NYA

Welcome to CARI Infonet (https://mforum.cari.com.my/) Powered by Discuz! X3.4