Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 1-6-2007 10:49 AM | Show all posts
'Nobody can replace Aishwarya'
Cutting down speculation that Aishwarya Rai is having "second thoughts" about doing Sarkar 2, Ram Gopal Varma gives detail on his "first sequel ever".

The film which starts shooting in June 2007 has already acquired the stars' dates. "Amitji, Abhishek and Aishwarya have confirmed their dates. There's no question of Aishwarya having second thoughts.

She has heard her role and then consented. She plays a very very strong character, far more so than the women in the first part of Sarkar.

You could say, Aishwarya is as much a part of the central drama as the Bachchans. I went to her because I needed a leading lady of her stature. I wouldn't waste my time and hers offering her a role that anyone else could do."

Written by Abbas Tyrewala Sarkar 2 carries the story of the desi Corleone family forward.

Laughs Ramu, "But you must understand Sarkar 2 won't be akin to Godfather 2 in the sense that it won't have the son taking over the family business from the father.

Amitji will continue to be a powerful force in the drama. I had openly acknowledged my debt to Francis Coppola's Godfather. Sarkar wouldn't have been possible without The Godfather. But Sarkar 2 will owe no debt to Godfather 2."

Elaborating on the plot Ramu says Sarkar 2 will go into the politics of rural Maharashtra and into the power corridors of Delhi.

In this prolonged seasoned of remakes and sequels is Ramu jumping into both bandwagons to be fashionably marketable.

"For your information Sarkar 2 was conceived with Amitji and Abhishek even when Sarkar was being made. Finally the audience doesn't care where a film comes from.

If Lage Raho Munnabhai has done well it's not because it's a sequel. But because it's a terrific entertainer.

I don't want audiences to come to see Sarkar 2 only because they liked the earlier film."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-6-2007 10:50 AM | Show all posts
I've never had a problem with Bebo
"I've never been more frightened," Priyanka is still shivering from her experience at Latur last week. "Anything could've happened. If I've survived, it's because someone up there cares for me."

Priyanka Chopra's fans now subsume a wide range from Randhir Kapoor who spoke in glowing terms about the actress on Koffee With Karan, to the population of Latur that went wild when she was there on Friday.

"When they asked me to come to the CM's birthday bash in Latur I readily agreed. I like to go to small towns. They never get to see celebrities in such places. I went for very selfish reasons.I wanted to see them smile. I feel really awful about what happened.

To begin with the crowds were so wonderful. They had my posters and they were dancing to my songs. I wish it had ended nicely. But finally it was a scary experience all right. There was a crowd of 20,000 people.

Naturally there weren't that many cops. The bandobast was fine. But the crowds started breaking barricades. The CM's son Amit Deshmukh was being so sweet trying to protect me. But I was caught in the middle of this whole crowd. It was terrible."

Priyanka brightens up while talking about Randhir Kapoor praising her to the skies. "I think it was really sweet of Daboo uncle on Karan's show. I didn't see it. My father told me about it. I've never really had a problem with Bebo.

We met at Karan Johar's birthday party last week. And we were fine with one another. We're both professionals, aren't we? From my side there was never any problem."

Priyanka hasn't signed anything new this year. "I'm looking at scripts. I'm told I need to do something substantial.But I think it's first very important to establish yourself as a mainstream actress than experiment with roles."

More cheering news. Priyanka's dad who has been seriously ill is now recovering. "In fact he's now back to work. He just performed his first surgery after his illness. And he felt so motivated."

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 10:51 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%][tr][td=2,1]Saif ditches Karan Johar![/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1]Saif Ali Khan was supposed to act in a film to be produced by Karan Johar抯 Dharma Productions, but now the actor has now excused himself from the project.

Saif, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai had been finalized to play main roles in the film. But now, Saif has opted out because he doesn抰 have the dates to spare.

The yet to be titled film will mark the directorial debut of Karan抯 assistant Tarun Mansukhani, who has been working with Karan since 慘uch Kuch Hota Hai

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 10:52 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%][tr][td=2,1]My lady love has to be an Indian: Akshaye Khanna[/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1]Akshaye Khanna is considered to be one of those actors who have kind of distanced themselves from the media. Hence when we got the chance we grabbed it for a candid chat with this versatile actor.

Q: Tell us about your character in 'Naqaab'?
A: 'Naqaab' is a suspense thriller. There have been a lot of suspense thrillers made before but this film is not like those. It is very different from what the Indian audiences has seen before. The story is complex and I cannot explain it to you in words.

I can only tell you that I am playing a character named Karan. He is a person who thinks that struggle is the route to success. Bobby Deol and a newcomer Urvashi Sharma are also a part of this film.

Q: How was it working with Bobby and newcomer Urvashi Sharma?
A: I am very good friends with Bobby. W had worked together in Humraaz. He is a sincere and a good human being. Urvashi is an intelligent girl and also lucky that she has bagged Naqaab as her first film. She has a pivotal role in the film.

Q: Is it so that you were pretty close to Urvashi?
A: Really! I have not heard something of this sort. You are the first one to ask me such a question.

Q: This is your third film with Abbas Mustan. Seems you have a pretty good tuning with him?
A: Yes it is true. Abbas Mustan duo is not just a friend of mine but I consider them a family member. They are one of those few directors who know exactly what they want out of me and extract it too. In a similar way, even I understand what they want from me.

Q: Tell us something about your film Race?
A: Shooting is still going on for Race. I would prefer talking about Naqaab rather than Race. We will talk about Race when time comes.

Q: Apart from serious roles, you have also been appreciated in comic roles. Any comedy films in the pipeline?
A: Not yet. I have not signed any comedy film till now. Let抯 see if a good script comes my way, I might do it.

Q: Any other film with Priyadarshan after Hungama and Hulchul?
A: No not yet.

Q: You had said that there are a few projects that you would not like to associate yourself with

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 10:58 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%]
Shilpa Shetty steps up her glamour quotient
[/td][/tr][tr][td]

Shilpa Shetty

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 10:59 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%]
The Ever-Sizzling Priyanka Chopra
[/td][/tr][tr][td]

Priyanka Chopra in a still from Salaam-E-Ishq.
Not many in the film industry have had the luck of Priyanka Chopra. The daughter of two middle-class doctors, she was a high school honors student in America who eventually went on to Jai Hind College in Mumbai and then won the Miss World contest as a teenager in 2000. She made a clean sweep for India along with Lara Dutta and Dia Mirza, who won the Miss Universe and Miss Asia-Pacific titles respectively. In fact, a huge billboard plastered with their faces graced the city of Mumbai that year. The girl certainly knows how to make an entrance!  Priyanka shot a film with Sunny Deol called The Hero which didn抰 do much for her career or future but then went on to a string of hit films with costar Akshay Kumar. The movies Aitraaz, Mujhse Shaadi Karoge and Waqt put her on the map, as did working with the Big B himself. The success of Aitraaz, a Bollywood remake of the movie Disclosure, gave her a Filmfare award for Best Villain in 2004 and put her on the map.  Her onscreen chemistry with Kumar, a notorious khiladi before his marriage to actress Twinkle Khanna sparked rumors of an ongoing affair. The rumors were vehemently denied by both the stars. Priyanka was cool about the entire incident, claiming in interviews that she would work with Akshay again given the opportunity. He stated that he would work with her, but not at the moment. Her presence of mind during the entire crisis, allegedly instigated by a leak of cell phone bills by her former assistant, proved the girl could stand up to pressure when needed.  She could also deliver glamour when needed as well. During the seduction scene in Aitraaz, when she crossed and uncrossed her legs a la Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct, the physical appeal of hers was unmistakable. After Kumar came another hot affair with star son Harman Baweja, a tall drink of water she had been seen with at various social functions. While she didn抰 deny knowing Baweja, she never admitted to a liaison either, saying that she and Harry 搘ould always be very good friends.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 1-6-2007 11:00 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%]
Kareena Kapoor to star in Karan Johar's next film?
[/td][/tr][tr][td]

Kareena Kapoor in a still from Don
The shelving of Lajjo must have come as bad news for Kareena Kapoor who is currently filming Yash Raj Films Tashan. The film additionally features Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Akshaye Khanna and Saif Ali Khan. With filming for Farhan Akhtar / Zoya Akhtar film Kismet Talkies not expected to start before 2008 Kareena will be out of work once Tashan is completed by end of October as scheduled.  Kareena, who used to command a price of Rs 1

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 11:02 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%]
Film with Aishwarya omitted from Salman Khan Retrospective at IIFA
[/td][/tr][tr][td]

Salman Khan

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-6-2007 11:02 AM | Show all posts
Shah Rukh Khan gets a gift of two big paintings from Salman Khan!

Salman and Shah Rukh Khan. Photo Credit: Sawf News
You've probably read about how enthusiastic artist Salman Khan jumped onto the stage of a charity art auction conducted by the Bachchan sis-in-law Ramola Ajitabh Bachchan for Plan India and retrieved his painting from the auction, hoping to get a better price.  You also probably know that Salman then sold his very same canvas based on the theme of mother-child love to a certain art collector called Ramesh for the whopping sum of Rs. one crore, with the money going to the Salman Khan Foundation for its charity work.  Now comes the news that Salman has strengthened his new bonding with past-irritant Shah Rukh Khan by gifting him two life-size paintings, for which canvases were brought from London.  Mumbai Mirror says that the Bollywood brat wished to 'shower' gifts upon the Bollywood Badshah before he moved to his new six story apartment home, which stands behind his heritage bungalow Mannat in Bandra, Mumbai, and is almost ready.  A friend of SRK says in the Mumbai Mirror, "Shah Rukh is extremely happy with the gift. He is glad that Salman is pursuing his hobby with such passion."  With wife Gauri and kids Aryaan and Suhana away to London for a holiday in his London home, Shah Rukh is alone in Mumbai because of his shooting assignments.

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 11:04 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%]
Madhuri Dixit gets a surprise holiday gift from husband Dr. Nene
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Madhuri Dixit did not return to the US as media reported. Her husband came to Mumbai and gave her and the kids a surprise holiday in Mauritius before returning home!
Madhuri, 39, recently completed her come-back film, Aaja Nachle in a record span of four months.  She came to Mumbai with her children, put them in play school and got down to rigorous rehearsals every day before she went to the studio for the shoots.  She worked with choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant overtime to master the skills of dancing because the film is the story of a dancer.  She took her children to movies, restaurants and malls to play games

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 11:06 AM | Show all posts
Star Progeny Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor

Kareena Kapoor is from Bollywood抯 first family. Her grandfather was Raj Kapoor, her father is Randhir Kapoor, mother Babita and sister actress Karisma Kapoor. Boyfriend Shahid Kapoor is the son of actor Pankaj Kapoor. The two have been seeing each other for quite some time now, having made an appearance on Koffee With Karan along with Kareena抯 sister Karisma. They have also made a films together.
Both have an appeal to Generation Y, a solid chemistry together and a natural respect for one another which came out while sharing a sofa on Karan Johar抯 hit show. Karisma has even confessed to siding with Shahid in the middle of a dispute between him and her sister!  Kareena Kapoor, or Bebo as she is better known to friends and family, made her debut in 2000 with the film Refugee opposite Abhishek Bachchan, her sister抯 boyfriend at the time. Before that, she studied computers in Harvard抯 summer program and subsequently joined Kishore Namit Kapoor acting school. Post-Refugee Kareena had little success until the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham directed by Karan Johar. K3G put her on the map as a bankable star and the industry took notice. She also lensed a film with boyfriend Shahid entitled Fida which didn抰 do much for her career but encapsulated the beginning of their professional life together.
After another slow period in her career came the critically-acclaimed role of Chameli in 2004. She is the actress who dared to take on an unconventional role for A-list heroines and gave it her own touch. She has in fact, made it in vogue to essay such a role. Her next film Omkara won her similar rave reviews and an invite to Cannes film festival to promote it. She was however, already committed to her world tour Rockstars, which included Salman Khan, Zayed Khan, John Abraham, Shahid Kapoor, Esha Deol, and Mallika Sherawat in May 2006. The tour was a resounding success and increased her already immense popularity overseas.

Kareena recently appeared on Kaun Banega Crorepati抯 season finale with Priyanka Chopra. She donated her winnings, half of the fifty lakhs to nursing homes in Maharashtra state.
Aside from the almost thirty films to her credit, Kareena is also well-known as a style icon. The lissome lass has been featured in Rediff抯 list of Bollywood抯 Best-Dressed Women, an honor for any A-list celebrity. Her favorite casual looks include tee shirts and jeans while she prefers ethnic outfits for formal occasions. A consummate foodie, she enjoys Chinese, Italian and Thai cuisines. Bebo抯 closet is packed with Italian couturier Versace while she wears Dune fragrance as her preferred scent. Kapoor抯 holiday of choice includes cities Goa and London, a favorite for Bollywood actors. A card-carrying resident of Andheri West, she has represented name brands Pepsi cola, Lux, Citizen Watches and Garnier抯 Nutrisse hair color. Her most recent film Don- The Chase Begins Again was a runaway success, both for her acting and dancing prowess. She continues to live up to the family name, having won no less than four Filmfare awards and giving sister Karisma a run for her money.  

Shahid Kapoor in a still from Deewane Huye Paagal. Photo Credit: UTV
Shahid Kapoor made his debut in the film Ishq Vishk and won several awards for his work. His career graph then dipped for a while with comedy Dil Mange More with Soha Ali Khan until shooting 36 China Town which became a major hit. His latest film, a period piece called Vivah opposite Amrita Rao, was commercially successful although critics felt it out of date. It was his second film with the actress. Shahid, apart from being an actor, is also a trained dancer, having studied under Shiamak Davar. Shahid has endorsed Clinic All Clear shampoo and as a child posed in ads for Complan, a nutritional beverage supplement for children.  The couple has been perceived as extraordinarily close, working together whenever possible. Bebo and her boyfriend fell into some controversy in 2005 when they were photographed kissing in a public place by people with their cell phones. They however, have ridden it out to emerge as a successful pair, nothing to sneeze at in the fragile world of the Bollywood press. Kareena has been in fact, tied with several of her costars but she has categorically denied all of them.  One of the few couples who don抰 believe in hiding their affair from the public, Kareena and Shahid pose a shining example to their peers. They were seen taping for a week in Shimla for their next film The Train after a night of taping in Manali. Clearly, the pair that works together stays together!

Kareena Kapoor

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 11:08 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%]
Even today an Amitabh Bachchan, Rekha pairing would sizzle on screen
[/td][/tr][tr][td]

Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha in a still from Silsila.
The Amitabh Bachchan, Rekha pairing may be a distant memory today but it made magic while it lasted. Their fans all over the country would be delighted to see the two team up again for a movie to reinvent that old magic again.  Amitabh and Rekha have never openly acknowledged their fascination for each other! Most likely, that is not because it never existed but, because it never needed to be acknowledged.  Tell-tale remarks through the past decades have given star-gazers a glimpse of at least Rekha's bleeding heart. On the Simi Garewal show, Rekha once said that Mr. Bachchan

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 11:16 AM | Show all posts
Picky Priyanka has only two films in her kittyThe twin success of 'Krrish' and 'Don' haven't galvanised Priyanka Chopra into signing a series of new films. She says she wants to do only challenging roles.

Apparently, Priyanka is being offered two roles everyday but has no films in her kitty after 'Love Story 2050' and 'Drona'.

'It's true that I'm being very careful post 'Krrish' and 'Don'. I want to do films that would challenge me as an actress,' Priyanka told IANS.

'I've signed just one film 'Drona'. And I'm taking a long break after that. I'm not getting the kind of film that grabs my attention immediately. I want to do only roles of some calibre. I don't want to rush into anything. It could be anything.'

In the interim, Priyanka has plunged into her athletic role in 'Drona' and is learning Latin dancing.

'Better hone my skills than do bad films,' said Priyanka who is playing Abhishek Bachchan's bodyguard in 'Drona'.

Priyanka, who got into martial arts for 'Don', has learnt a new form of self-defence for 'Drona'.
'This is a totally Indian skill for 'Drona'. It's a very Indian form of fighting. That's all I can tell you on record. I worked with a professional trainer who came down from a certain part of the country.'

She plans to use her free time grooming herself.

'I'd much rather work on myself. I want to do Latin contemporary salsa, jazz, whatever. That excites me. Any new skill would be an asset for me as an actress.'

After 'Krrish', both 'Drona' and 'Love Story 2050' are also FX-motivated.

'I don't know what it is with my special effects. I guess FX has become an integral part of cinema. In Hollywood even the sweetest of love stories have them. That's happening in our cinema too.

' 'Drona' is fantasy and will have loads of FX. In 'Don' there was so much FX we couldn't even see it. In 'Love Story 2060' we're creating the future.'

Is she thinking of creating the future with her co-star Harman Baweja?

'That's the craziest thing I've heard. Harman is a buddy. I came into the picture late. But now it's my film. I'm fully into it. In the past there were so many films that I left and were done by other actresses. Likewise, this film passed on to me (from Kareena Kapoor). Now it's mine.'

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 11:24 AM | Show all posts
Salman's master stroke

SALMAN KHAN knew the worth of his creation well when he pulled out his painting from an auction in a suburban hotel, recently. The painting that had earlier attracted only a paltry sum of Rs 20 lakh, was sold at a whopping one crore. If you thought that the painting was sitting pretty at home you must hear this. Ramesh, an art lover, who had heard about Salman pulling a painting out of an auction, contacted Salman. Says a source, 'The deal took place over the phone between Salman and Ramesh. He bought the painting for a crore.'
Sunaina Narula, chairman Plan India 梐 charitable organisation, had said in an earlier interview, 'We were auctioning Salman's paintings and the bidding started from Rs 10 lakhs and came up to Rs 20 lakhs. However, Salman was not very happy about the price so he came up to the stage and stopped the auction. He said that it was a very precious painting as it speaks about the emotions between a mother and a son.
He took the painting back and informed us that he had a figure in mind and once he got the price he would send the entire amount to Plan India.' Narula further informed, 'It was Anil Kapoor who spoke to Salman and convinced him to bring his paintings for the auction.'
However, this time around the proceeds from the painting will go to the Salman Khan Foundation. Says a source close to the actor, 'It was a good decision as Salman has fetched a bigger amount for the same painting. Moreover, the funds will be sent to the Salman Khan Foundation, which will now be richer by one crore.'
Salman's father Salim Khan confirmed this deal. He says, 'Yes, Salman has sold the same painting, which he had pulled out earlier. Though I am not aware of the exact amount it has fetched, or, who it is sold to, I know for sure that the amount has gone to Salman Khan Foundation. The NGO organises charity shows. It will benefit the needy that the foundation supports.'

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 11:37 AM | Show all posts
Akshaye Khanna and Urvashi Sharma
[table=300]
Tips Films

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2007 11:48 AM | Show all posts
Shilpa on 'Koffee with Karan' with mom, sister

Reality show Big Brother winner Shilpa Shetty along with sister Shamita and mother Sunanda Shetty will be seen on Koffee With Karan on June 3 at 9.00 PM on Star One and Star World.

In this week's episode, Shilpa talks about success post Big Brother, the ups and downs in her Bollywood career, the Jade Goody episode and the fact that she is not in touch with Goody, after the show. Shilpa further adds that she was extremely hurt when the Indian press wrote her off and even referred to her as a B-grade actress, a release here today said.

While sister Shamita says back home they were quite worried about Shilpa because on every news channel they would see her crying but later were ecstatic when she won Big Brother.

On the other hand, the person who has been a constant support in their lives, mother Sunanda Shetty talks about the fact that she had predicted international fame for her daughter Shilpa and also shares that she was upset by the remarks that were being made about Shilpa's participation in the show within the country.

In the rapid fire round Karan asks, if Shamita was approached for the next season of Celebrity Big Brother, what would she say? The funniest proposal that Shilpa got, after she won Celebrity Big Brother and many more, the release added.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-6-2007 01:17 PM | Show all posts
Kareena and Karan in a photoshoot together

It was quite a kodak moment when Kareena Kapoor and Karan Johar came together for a photoshoot on Wednesday.

Well, the cold war between them is clearly over. Kareena and Karan are now good buddies once again.

Just yesterday, they posed together, along with other celebrities, for the photoshoot of the promotional campaign of the paint brand Delux.

Looking dazzling, Kareena and Karan stood shoulder-to-shoulder, flanked by actresses Amrita Arora , Isha Sharvani and fashion designers Rohit Bal and Varun Bahl.

The chemistry between Kareena and Karan was quite apparent.

Later, Kareena said she shares a strong emotional bond with Karan and sees him like her elder brother. She says Karan is one of the few people with whom she can freely discuss anything.

Amrita Arora said the photoshoot was fun as all the celebrities were friends.

By the way, Karan Johar has plans to cast Kareena in one of his forthcoming films. It would be a long time since Kareena would act in a Dharma productions movie after Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham .

Kareena Kapoor

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 10:26 AM | Show all posts
Preeti doing item number in a Sindhi movie!
Preity actresses Preeti Jhangiani will be seen doing an item number in a Sindhi film called Pyar Kare Dis - Feel The Power Of Love .

According to the director, this film is a family entertainer and portrays the realities the communities are facing today. The film has been directed by Kamal D Nathani and produced by M Harwani.

Preeti next venture is Anant Mahadevan's remake of Victoria No. 203.

Preeti Jhangiani

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 10:26 AM | Show all posts
Will Emraan play with Mallika again ??

Mallika Sherawat and Emraan Hashmi, the hot duo in ' Murder', had the possibility to work together again but it didn't seem to work out.

The fact is that when Himesh Reshammiya cast Mallika for a 10-minute cameo in his debut film for an enormous Rs 10.5 million, he also approached her 'Murder' co-star. But the offer didn't appeal to Emraan and he decline.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 10:27 AM | Show all posts
'BAFTA' will honour BIG B !!

India 's biggest entertainer Amitabh Bachchan will be honoured this month by British Academy of Film & Television Arts (BAFTA) in London .

He will depart for Britain early in June - on 6, 7, 8 and 9, he will be in Yorkshire for IIFA (the International Indian Film Academy awards). Then he will go to London for the BAFTA awards.

He said 揟hey're honouring me over the weekend (June 16 and 17) with a retrospective of my films."

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

5-6-2024 06:04 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.055339 second(s), 41 queries .