Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 5688|Reply: 18

[2016] THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN [2016]

[Copy link]
Post time 16-10-2016 01:31 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by annehuda at 16-10-2016 07:00 PM

Release Date06 Oct 2016LanguageEnglishSubtitle-GenreMystery / ThrillerRunning Time113 minutesDirectorTate TaylorCastEmily Blunt, Rebecca Ferguson, Haley Bennett, Justin Theroux, Luke EvansDistributorUNITED INTERNATIONAL PICTURES

Synopsis :
After her divorce, Rachel Watson takes the train to work every day, and each day, the train passes by her old house, which her ex-husband now lives in with his new wife and child. To distract herself from her pain, she starts to look at a pair of young couple who lives a few houses down, Megan and Scott Hipwell, and every day, she would fantasise about how happy they are as a family. But one day, she sees something shocking and is filled with rage. The next morning, she wakes up with a horrible hangover, various wounds and bruises, and no memory of the night before. Then she sees on TV that Megan Hipwell has gone missing. Rachel decides to investigate what happened to Megan and also try to find out what has she been doing the same night Megan went missing.

source - GSC

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 16-10-2016 01:32 AM | Show all posts
The Girl on the Train is a 2016 American mystery thriller drama film directed by Tate Taylor and written by Erin Cressida Wilson, based on Paula Hawkins' 2015 debut novel of the same name. The film stars Emily Blunt, Rebecca Ferguson, Haley Bennett, Justin Theroux, Luke Evans, Allison Janney, édgar Ramírez and Lisa Kudrow, and follows an alcoholic divorcée who becomes involved in a missing persons investigation.
Principal photography began on November 4, 2015 in New York City. Produced by Marc Platt and DreamWorks Pictures, The Girl on the Train was the first DreamWorks Pictures film to be distributed by Universal Pictures, as part of DreamWorks' new distribution deal.[3] It premiered in London on September 20, 2016 and was theatrically released in the United States on October 7, 2016.[4] The film received mixed reviews and has grossed $55 million worldwide.

Plot
Rachel Watson (Emily Blunt) is an alcoholic who divorced her husband, Tom Watson (Justin Theroux), after catching him cheating on her with their real estate agent, Anna Boyd (Rebecca Ferguson). During their marriage, Rachel was prone to alcohol-induced blackouts during which she engaged in self-destructive behavior that Tom later informed her about, and to which she attributes the ending of their marriage, in addition to her being sterile.
Rachel shares an apartment with her friend Cathy (Laura Prepon). She spends her days commuting on a train and often stalking Tom, Anna, and their newborn daughter Evie. During her trips, Rachel grows fascinated with Tom's neighbors, Scott (Luke Evans) and Megan Hipwell (Haley Bennett), a young couple in what Rachel believes is a perfect marriage. In reality, Scott is aggressive and controlling, while Megan is detached and unfaithful, maintaining affairs with numerous men, including her psychiatrist, Dr. Kamal Abdic (édgar Ramírez).
While passing by the neighborhood one day, a drunken Rachel spots Megan kissing Abdic on her balcony and becomes infuriated by what she perceives as Megan's "ruining" her perfect marriage. After a drinking binge, Rachel leaves the train to confront Megan, only to black out and awaken hours later at her apartment, injured. Rachel later finds out that Megan is missing and presumed dead, and is questioned by Detective Sergeant Riley (Allison Janney), who suspects Rachel might be involved due to her recent erratic behavior.
Rachel, pretending to be a friend of Megan's, approaches Scott and tells him about Megan's affair. Scott identifies Abdic as Megan's lover. Believing Abdic is behind Megan's disappearance, Rachel schedules an appointment with him, wherein they discuss Rachel's troubled relationship with Tom, particularly an incident in which she lashed out at an office party and aggravated Tom's boss' wife Martha (Lisa Kudrow), leading to Tom's being fired.
At a bar, Rachel recognizes another commuter, who reveals that he followed her when she left the train the night that Megan disappeared and heard her cursing at a woman before being beaten by an unseen figure in a tunnel, where the commuter later found Rachel, although she declined his help. Rachel returns to the tunnel and remembers seeing Anna with Tom and shouting at her before being ambushed. Meanwhile, Anna becomes convinced that Rachel is involved in Megan's disappearance after noticing her in the neighborhood. When Sgt. Riley dismisses her concerns, and Tom insistently denies Rachel's involvement, Anna decides to hack into his computer; in the process, she finds a secret phone with several voice messages to another woman Tom is having an affair with.
Megan is found dead and forensics determine she is pregnant, but the child was neither Scott's nor Abdic's. Scott becomes a suspect and confronts Rachel, believing she is conspiring against him, and in the process he reveals he assaulted Megan prior to her death. Rachel runs into Martha and apologizes for her behavior at the party, only to discover she didn't lash out or get Tom fired, but rather Tom was fired for having sexual relations with numerous co-workers. Rachel realizes Tom planted false memories in her head to account for his own abusive behavior.
Anna identifies the woman Tom was exchanging phone calls with as Megan, and finds out Tom and Megan were having an affair. Rachel realizes Megan was pregnant with Tom's baby and confided that to Abdic, and she misinterpreted the nature of their encounter on the balcony. After leaving the train that day, Rachel caught Tom meeting with Megan and shouted at her, mistaking her for Anna. Tom then beat Rachel before returning to Megan, who announced she was keeping the baby, which would thereby expose their affair and thus drove Tom to murder her.
Rachel goes to Tom's house to warn Anna, but Anna reveals that she already knows. Tom arrives and confronts them, and while he argues with Anna, Rachel steals a corkscrew and steps outside to call the police. However, Tom catches up to her and attempts to strangle her, as Anna watches from the window. Rachel stabs Tom in the neck with the corkscrew. Anna exits the house and pushes the corkscrew deeper into Tom's neck, killing him.
Rachel and Anna come to an understanding and separately confirm to the police that Rachel killed Tom in self-defense, after he revealed himself to be Megan's killer. One year later, Rachel has become sober and found a new job, and while still commuting on the same train, she sits on the opposite side, leaving her old neighborhood in the past.
Cast

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-10-2016 01:41 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 16-10-2016 10:08 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Belum lagi tgk movie nih, tapi iklan sungguh best

Use magic Report

Post time 16-10-2016 10:11 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Psychological thriller pasal 'gaslighting'. Very interesting

Use magic Report

Post time 17-10-2016 11:30 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Muvie2 oscar ni takut nk tgk. Takut bosan.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 18-10-2016 11:59 AM | Show all posts
Dah tengok..for me x best & i tertido dlm pangung

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-10-2016 12:02 PM | Show all posts
SiKecil replied at 18-10-2016 11:59 AM

len kali bw bantal bucuk...............

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-10-2016 08:23 PM | Show all posts
Emily blunt ni iras2 saida, kakak tokti.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2016 10:53 AM | Show all posts
SiKecil replied at 18-10-2016 11:59 AM

sapa yang jahat...

bekas suami dia ke?

hehehhee...

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2016 02:41 PM | Show all posts
tak abis baca buku ni dah kuar wayang
tgk review dri US pun kate flop..

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2016 04:14 PM | Show all posts
oh my God, come to cinema tonight rightnow

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-10-2016 06:30 PM | Show all posts
aku bolum tgk,so no comment.............

Use magic Report

Post time 8-2-2017 11:28 AM | Show all posts
It was good. Boleh lah masuk antara my top book-to-movie adaptation list 2016.

Storyline pasal ex-wife (Emily Blunt as Rachel) yang gila talak dekat ex-husband (Justin Theroux as Tom) yang kaki perempuan. Menyampah. Cerai guna alasan nak anak, tapi sebenarnya gila seks. Akhirnya kantoi, wife baru (Rebecca Ferguson as Anna) yang perampas tu pun kena tipu dek si suami tu. Tom ada affair dengan nanny (Hailey Bennett as Megan) anak diorang sendiri. Pergolakannya adalah bila Megan hilang berhari tak balik rumah, akhirnya jumpa mayat. Tom yang bunuh, motifnya freak out lepas dapat tahu Megan tu pregnant & she said the baby is possibly his.

To me cerita ni macam Gone Girl. Mood sama, environment lebih kurang. Tapi GG way better, lagi dahsyat & unexpected. TGOTT ni macam tak berapa kemas, laju sangat. Cast pun berapa ketul je. Overall okaylah, cast okay, cuma watak Tom tu tak sesuai to me. Amiklah handsome sikit, at least setaraf suami Megan si Scott (Luke Evans) tu

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2017 01:02 PM | Show all posts
dah tengok citer ni.punya la eksaited nak tengok citer ni, last2 ending sangat taik lah.

nak tiru gone girl tapi sangat lah tak jadi. yang tak boleh belah, pembunuh dalam citer ni memang takde satu clue pun dari awal filem sampai habis. memang sgt anti climax bila tahu pembunuh tu laki tu. memang patut pun dapat bad review. padan muka

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2017 06:39 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
hanakikan replied at 9-2-2017 01:02 PM
dah tengok citer ni.punya la eksaited nak tengok citer ni, last2 ending sangat taik lah.

nak tiru ...

Yes. I tengok cerita ni, try nak feel tapi tak sampai langsung feeling tu.

Gone girl ada sequel nanti kan? Gila psiko cerita tu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-2-2017 10:56 AM | Show all posts
ceta ni agk slow tp okla boley layan, tp x sebest gone girl...padan muka ex husband tu...perangai mcm ape lg,hahaha

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2019 07:00 PM | Show all posts
Edited by manjalara_01 at 24-3-2019 07:21 PM
bluecheese replied at 16-10-2016 10:11 AM
Psychological thriller pasal 'gaslighting'. Very interesting

Yes...

dah nk masuk 3/4 plot baru la dpt tahu true colours Tom..depan wife baru kemain sweet caring..tp rupe2nye..psycho!

watak Rachel pulak..dah nak separuh cite i sort of like speculate.. she might be the murderer cause u know, sungai yg tenang jgn sangka xde buaya kan? ..haha boy was i wrong..yea la i mean Rachel ni nampak innocent, timid sgt2..obviously emotional & mentally unstable..tp as a part of the audience i am clueless about her background..

yg kite tahu she's an alcoholic...griefing from the divorce...and x dpt baby...other than that we are in the dark about her past

manja baru tgk smlm..cause sblum ni rs mcm x menarik...sbb watak Emily sorg yg looney...

manja bg 8/10...it was so good...

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2019 07:02 PM | Show all posts
and 1 more thing..watak Emily reminded me of lakonan Juliettle Lewis...The Other Sister..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 07:25 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069348 second(s), 44 queries .