Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 1-2-2006 11:06 AM | Show all posts
John Abraham's Rendezvous with Priyanka

The ever-so-popular celebrity chat show Rendezvous is back with a bang in a revamped version. The first guest will be John Abraham. Apart from him, other guests include Priyanka Chopra, Zayed Khan's family which includes his parents, his sisters and his wife Malaika, Hrithik with Suzzanne and many others.
What's different about the show this time is that it has new guests with new stories to tell. Simi Garewal herself has designed the set of the show. While she has maintained the feel of the old set, this time there is a lot of work in gold as well. The latest season of show will premiere on the tube on February 12th.

Priyanka Chopra

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-6-2007 12:47 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-2-2006 11:46 AM | Show all posts
Pooja Bhatt signs Meera for her film

After dad Mahesh Bhatt's film based on the life of Parveen Babi and her conflicting relationships, Pooja Bhatt is all set to make another film that draws from the late actor's story.

Says Pooja: "The film is not based on Parveen Babi's life as is being perceived, but it does have shades of her character. In essence, it is the story of an actress who has passed her prime and is desperate to make it in the world of showbiz."

Pooja has confirmed Pakistani actress Meera to play the central character in the film. The film scripted by Mahesh Bhatt, will have a young actor opposite Meera. "He is the best person to write the film considering the fact he has seen the industry from close quarters,"says Pooja.

Pooja Bhatt

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 10:30 AM | Show all posts
Getting jiggy with Abhishek!

Would Right here right now be the same without Abhishek Bachchan? Would another other actor have the same impact in Kajra re? Would Dus Bahane work with another actor?
Abhishek Bachchan has had his share of great songs. And while rediff.com continues to celebrate the rising star's 30th birthday on February 5, we take a look at some of his foot-tapping numbers.

Kajra re
Film: Bunty Aur Babli
As his career picked up, so did the songs. They rocked the nation last year and will always hold a special place in the history of Indian cinema.Topping the list was Kajra re from Bunty Aur Babli. It redefined Indian film music because of its blend of the qawwali and an item song. Choreographed by Vaibhavi Merchant, with music by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, it was a big draw.Aishwarya Rai looked gorgeous, as did the pair of Amitabh and Abhishek. A Number One on every chart in 2005.

Dus Bahane
Film: Dus
It was sleekly shot, but what people loved more than the script were two songs off it.Dus bahane and Deedar de were both rocking. And though the song was filmed on Abhishek, it was a female lead track sung by Sunidhi Chauhan.Interestingly, many viewers complained about the song coming on too early in the film. If you missed the beginning of the film, you missed the song.

Right here right now
Film: Bluffmaster
The film was a real test for Abhishek as it was his first solo release of 2005 after hits like Sarkar and Bunty Aur Babli. The latter two featured Amitabh with him. Here, Abhishek had to prove himself on his own.Bluff Master didn't turn out to be a big hit, but it was an average success. The songs were huge though, and this one was among the most popular.

Yeh hawayein
Film: Bas Itna Sa Khwab Hai
Music director Anu Malik once said that singer Shaan was best suited for Abhishek Bachchan's voice.This was way before the release of Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon in 2003, a film he was scoring the music for. We went back to check which song Shaan had sung for Abhishek and we found Yeh hawayein from Bas Itna Sa Khwab Hai.When we told Abhishek it was one of his best songs, he laughed and said, "Thank you. You are one of the few to say so."

Panchi
Film: Refugee
If Sandesen aate hai from Border was one of the most melodious songs in the decade of 1990s, then Panchi,Nadiya pawan ke jhoke from Refugee was another song that was outstanding.In fact, all songs from Abhishek's debut film were exceptional, including Mere humsafar filmed on Kareena Kapoor and Abhishek. Kareena's career flew after the film, but Abhishek had to wait for six long years to prove himself.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 10:32 AM | Show all posts
Hrithik & Isha to endorse Hide-n-Seek

Our Bollywood celebrities seem to be endorsing biscuits a lot these days. After Kajol抯 Anti Marie campaign, it is the turn of Hrithik Roshan and Isha Sharvani to be roped in by Parle for their Hide-n-Seek biscuits.
The company hopes to attract the attention of the 18-25 years age group, by this move. With the presence of both Hrithik and Isha, one can expect a grand dance performance in the commercial. A choreographer from London has been specially called for this commercial.

The teasers will be on air soon. The full commercial will be seen around mid or late February.

Hrithik Roshan

Isha Sharvani

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 10:54 AM | Show all posts
After Ash's bye-bye,Salman-Viveik bhai-bhai

Never-say-die Salman Khan offers olive branch to pet peeve Viveik Oberoi because he's split up with Ash?

Nearly three years after he harangued,threatened and abused fellow actor Viveik Oberoi on the phone,followed by Viveik's by-now infamous media briefing,Salman Khan has once again begun calling the younger star.

Only this time,with a different message: A close friend of the two actors said that Salman is keen to befriend Viveik Oberoi now that he is no longer reportedly seeing Aishwarya Rai.

Of course,his friendship message wouldn't ever make it to a card. "Teri woh panvati nikal gayi," (The bad omen has passed) is what Viveik was told.

Subsequently, one of Salman's closest friends called Viveik again with this untranslatable gem: "Jab se Bhai ki life se woh panvati gayee hai bhai ka career nikal pada, abhi tu dekh tera bhi career accha hoga."

In this mellow mood,Salman has also spoken to director friends of his to offer the currently struggling Viveik good roles.

"Bhai feels that whatever Viveik did was stupid but he considers him a good actor and,sooner or later,he might be working with him," says the friend.

Before he went to the media with his story of harassment,Viveik was considered to be one of the more promising stars in Bollywood.

However, after he spilt the beans on the intimidation he faced, Salman's clout ensured that the film industry closed ranks, leaving Viveik on the other side of the window pane,with only Aishwarya Rai for company.

But six months ago, Ash,who has had a frenetically busy 2005,is alleged to have told him they were through. When the news of the split leaked out recently,Salman's heart welled up with empathy.

"Bhai was concerned. He has sympathy for him; he wished Viveik good luck and assured him that he no longer had any panga with him," says our source.

The general consensus between the newly discovered Bhai and bhai was that it was most unfair on the part of the beauty queen to dump Viveik at a time when his career was in the,well...,dumps.

While Viveik and Salman remained incommunicado,Aishwarya's spokesperson conveyed her "hurt at being thus maligned and that she would continue to be Viveik Oberoi's well-wisher." Looks like he has two of them now.

Aishwarya Rai

Salman Khan

Vivek Oberoi

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 10:59 AM | Show all posts
Oscar: Shah Rukh Khan says he's not disappointed

Bollywood leading man Shah Rukh Khan said Wednesday that he wasn't disappointed his movie failed to win a nomination for the best foreign film at the Academy Awards.

Khan's film ``Paheli,'' or ``Riddle,'' was India's entry for the foreign film category, and the actor said in an interview with the NDTV news channel that he was proud of his work, even if it didn't make the Oscar cut.

``If it could have happened through a film that I was associated with, it would have made be doubly proud. It makes me proud anyway,'' Khan said. ``I am not disappointed.''

Nominations for the Oscars were announced Tuesday.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-2-2006 11:01 AM | Show all posts
Hot! Kareena on Maxim cover

Maxim, the largest selling men's lifestyle magazine in the world, recently launched its Indian edition. Actress Kareena Kapoor will appear on the cover of the February issue of the magazine. The readers will be treated to an unrestricted interview with the actress along with an exclusive photo shoot. The photographs have been shot by ace photographer Dabboo Ratnani.
Last month, the magazine had featured former Miss World and actress Priyanka Chopra. This version of the magazine will feature a lot of Bollywood personalities.  

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 12:16 PM | Show all posts
Arjun

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-2-2006 12:23 PM | Show all posts
Esha and Fardeen's Honeymoon

"It's been a long wait - four years - since Filhaal," sighs the reclusive (though not by choice) Meghna Gulzar. "But I guess everything happens when it happens."
The second film is always tougher than the first. But then everyone knew Gulzar Saab's shy but sure daughter would make it beyond her debut. "It feels like a long exile. Everyone presumed I wasn't making another film. But I wasn't sitting around waiting for opportunity to fall into my lap匢t never does. But neither could I go around asking producers to give me a film. That isn't me."

She tried putting together a project called Mehfooz. "But that didn't work out. I know I'll make that film someday . Maybe the one after my second film

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 12:36 PM | Show all posts
Dino抯 憈hreesome

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 01:05 PM | Show all posts
Esha Deol抯 憇in-rinsing

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 01:07 PM | Show all posts
Tusshar Kapoor: Mixing work and play!

One actor who knows how to mix work and pleasure is Tusshar Kapoor. The actor, who is quite excited about the Satish Kaushik film he抯 doing, was recently holidaying in Dubai with his friends, and gave them quite a scare. Tusshar went crazy shopping for clothes and accessories as if he抎 developed a sudden craze for apparel. It was only later that they realized that Tusshar was actually filling his wardrobe for his new look which he is planning for Kaushik抯 film. So he was actually working on holiday. Is Satish K smiling away already? After all, actors don抰 come any more committed than this!   

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 01:08 PM | Show all posts
Bobs best B-day gift!  

Birthdays are always special days, and Bobby Deol got the sweetest gift one could receive on a day like this. He was traveling homewards when his car halted at a signal. A little boy selling flowers tapped on Bob抯 car window, and he graciously rolled down the glass, and that抯 when the boy sprang a surprise on him. He coyly wished Bobby on his birthday and handed over the bunch of flowers to him. Totally taken aback but delighted, Bobs was speechless at the lovely act and all he could do was flash his million dollar smile. His little fan, of course, considered that payment enough!   

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 01:15 PM | Show all posts
The truth behind Hrithik's weight loss

Getting into the skin of the role is second nature to Hrithik Roshan. He effortlessly shed weight for his role in Koi Mil Gaya, only to put on 12 pounds for his character in Krrish. And now he is at it again. Director Sanjay Gadvi and producer Aditya Chopra have asked Hrithik to undergo a make-over for Dhoom 2, something which he has willingly complied to do.

So, the first thing one notices while chatting to him at his plush Juhu apartment are the blonde streaks in his wavy hair. 揟hat's my new look for Dhoom 2,

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2006 01:25 PM | Show all posts
Stars and their crazy phone tunes!

You are, therefore your caller tune. Well, we aren抰 sure about that, but you could find out if that抯 true, checking out what you get to hear if you call these celebs on their cellphones

Calling Bipasha Basu...
The tune: Is my phone ringing...Posto get my phone... hello, Ama phone kuthe aahe... Postu where is my phone, Suzy get the phone... I can't believe it... this is the problem people will think I don't want to talk to them... I can't believe it; this is a mad house...

Calling Sameera Reddy...
The tune: 'You and I... in this beautiful world'
揟his has been my caller tune for a long time and I refuse to change it because it's very romantic and a personal favourite.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2006 11:35 AM | Show all posts
Aishwarya Rai to play Sonia Gandhi?

London-based producer Dr J Murli Manohar, who produced last year's Ramji Londonwale and is behind the in production real to reel tale of spousal abuse Provoked, wants to make a film on Congress president Sonia Gandhi.

"We have bought the rights to [journalist] Rashid Kidwai's biography of Sonia Gandhi. The script is being readied," reveals the non-resident Indian ear, nose and throat surgeon who has produced 29 movies so far.

"Jagmohan Mundhra was supposed to direct this film before Provoked. But we thought doing Provoked would bring Jag [Mundhra] to a new level in his career and prepare audiences to see him handle a subject as sensitive and epic as Sonia Gandhi," he adds.

Which brings us to the inevitable question: Who will play the lead role in the movie?

"Mundhra is of the opinion that we should have an authentic international face to play Sonia. He has spoken to Carla Gugino, the actress from Spy Kids 2. He has also spoken to Preity Zinta in India," says Dr Manohar.

But he wants his perennial favourite Aishwarya Rai -- who starred in the producer's 1998 movie Jeans and plays the lead in Provoked -- to play the United Progressive Alliance chairperson.

"We aren't looking at the politics of Sonia Gandhi. We want to make the film on the woman, not the politician. Jag wants the film to reflect a catch-line: 'She came for the love of her life. She stayed for the love of her land'," the NRI producer says.

Why Jagmohan Mundhra? "He has it in him. He is a very learned filmmaker," replies Dr Manohar. "And he knows how to control budgets. Lots of filmmakers are functional only with big budgets and big stars. Jag doesn't function that way. He knows the value of money. He had to make the films that he did because he wanted to be noticed in Hollywood."

Carl Austen, who has written Provoked, will script Sonia.

Dr Manohar says "various names are being thrown around" for the role of Rajiv Gandhi, Sonia's late husband and former prime minister of India.

"It would have to be an international name like Jimmi Mistry -- like how they did Gandhi with Ben Kingsley [in Richard Attenborough's classic]. We want this film to get optimum international attention," he adds.

Dr Manohar started his movie innings with Indian Summer in 1986.

"It had a complete British cast and crew. I made it in India and sold it worldwide. Earlier, when the Indian government had allowed the import of English language films into India, I brought around 200 English films to India," says the surgeon-turned-producer.

"I did Bloodstone with Rajnikanth, directed by Dwight Little, in 1988.  Then I went into production with Ashok Amritraj for Tropical Heat and Inferno. Then [I did] Jeans, which was a huge success in Tamil and Telugu, though not in Hindi," the NRI producer continues.

"In fact, Inferno was Madhavan's first feature film. Our association has continued ever since. I did a hit film called Minnale in Tamil with Maddy," he adds.

Dr Manohar has just completed a Tamil film, Thambi, with Madhavan.

"All I can say is Maddy has played a character whose ideology is a combination of Mahatma Gandhi and Subhas Chandra Bose. It will take his [Madhavan's] career to another level."

What about Provoked? "There's a lot of international interest in the film. I'm currently in Chennai with my director Jagmohan Mundhra finalising the background score with A R Rahman," Dr Manohar says.

"The theme [of spousal abuse] needed an intense support. Rahman takes the poignant tale to another level," he adds.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-2-2006 11:45 AM | Show all posts
Break-up with Rai a boon for Oberoi  

It can't be easy being dumped by one of Bollywood's most beautiful leading ladies. But for Vivek Oberoi, it might just help his career.

The split between Oberoi and mega-star beauty queen Aishwarya Rai has paved the way to ending one of Indian cinema's most famous feuds - between Oberoi and Bollywood leading man Salman Khan.

Khan, who is well-known for his lead roles in action and romantic movies called Oberoi to offer him his support after reports of the break up surfaced, the Times of India reported.

Khan and Oberoi have been on bad terms since Oberoi gave an interview complaining that he was being harassed by Khan, who also dated Rai in the past. In the wake of the interview, Khan reportedly used his clout in the film industry to torpedo Oberoi's career.

But now that Rai is out of the picture, Khan has asked his Bollywood friends to help Oberoi find a good role, the Times quoted a friend of Khan as saying.

Khan called Oberoi to say, "The bad omen has passed," the report said. Rai, meanwhile, has decided that commenting on the break-up is beneath her - she says she has the support of God and her family.

Aishwarya Rai

Vivek Oberoi

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2006 11:55 AM | Show all posts
Top Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan says remakes help retell great stories

Bollywood leading man Shah Rukh Khan says Indian filmmakers should take some lessons from Hollywood and remake more Hindu movie classics.

Khan has begun shooting a remake of the 1978 Don, playing a man who looks just like a mafia lord and secretly takes his place after the kingpin is killed by police. The scam unravels when the gang finds out.

"In Hollywood people remake films and they are appreciated," Khan said in an interview in Thursday's Mumbai Mirror newspaper. "They don't have as many prejudices as we have about reworking old films."

He said if a remake came after 20-25 years, the next generation can have a chance to enjoy a classic. The timeless quality of the old classic Devdas prompted him to act in a 2002 remake of the film, he said.

Khan played a young aristocrat in Devdas, a movie about doomed love between childhood sweethearts. "I felt the story needs to be told time and again, such stories are immortal," he said.

Khan has acted in some 50 movies, including blockbusters like Main Hoon Na (I'm Here), Kal Ho Naa Ho (Tomorrow May Never Come) and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (Some Happiness, Some Sorrow).

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2006 12:29 PM | Show all posts
1993 blasts: Sanjay Dutt gets a breather

A designated Terrorism and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act court on Thursday exempted ollywood actor Sanjay Dutt and 85 other accused in the 1993 bomb blast case from personal appearance for the day and asked them to appear on February 16.

Most of the accused did not appear on Thursday and their lawyer Farhana Shah urged for their exemption saying that they were not required for the hearing as extradited gangster Abu Salem was produced for remand.

Thirty other accused, lodged in central prison, were, however, produced before the court.

Sanjay is facing the charge of possessing an AK-56 rifle and destroying the weapon. The Central Bureau of Investigation has alleged that underworld don Abu Salem had gone to his residence along with other accused to deliver the weapon.

The CBI has examined 686 witnesses and the evidence has crossed 13,000 pages. The accused are charged with carrying out serial blasts on March 12, 1993, killing 256 people and injuring 713 others besides damaging property worth Rs 27 crore.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2006 01:10 PM | Show all posts
True life figure inspires Bipasha抯 role in Corporate

It looks like a season of real-life characters on screen. By now everyone knows Madhur Bhandarkar's Corporate - the second part of his proposed trilogy on metropolitan mores and communities - will feature Bipasha Basu as a steel-willed business tycoon.

What is not known is that the character is based almost lock, stock and barrel on a real-life female entrepreneur. She is apparently a very high-profile woman and well known in social circles for her power panache and sex appeal.

"That's why I wanted to cast a woman and not a girl. The trouble is most of our high-profile heroines seem to have stepped out of their teens, which is a good thing really. But not for this film," Bhandarkar says.

"While Page 3 needed an innocent girl to play the ing閚ue, Corporate needs a full-blooded woman with tremendous reserves of sensuality, nerves of steel and the look of gritty determination. Bipasha fitted the bill perfectly. I don't think she has ever done a role like this before. In fact, I don't think any leading lady in our film has done something like Corporate," he added.

The film produced by Sahara's Percept Pictures, who produced last year's top grosser No Entry, is almost ready.

"Besides Bipasha, KK Menon, Sammir Dattani and Minissha Lamba, not too many faces will be known or recognisable. I wanted to get actors from theatre who would look their parts," said Bhandarkar.

"I wanted the film to be as hard-hitting, edgy, raw and real as Chandni Bar and Page 3. There were no compromises. Yes, the film will have songs composed by Shamir Tandon. But they will be part of the narrative. Why should I get away from the musical format when it served my narrative's purpose so well in Page 3?

"The important thing for me is to build on the reputation of an intense filmmaker which I have earned again after Page 3," said Bhandarkar.

Page 3 was the closing film at the 10th Kerala Film Festival last year.

As Corporate completes filming, speculation about Bipasha's true-life parallel is bound to grow. "I can see a lot of Page 3 regulars looking into the mirror to ask, 'Is it me?' grinned Bhandarkar.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 05:29 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.310865 second(s), 41 queries .