Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 11-2-2006 01:46 PM | Show all posts
Is Dino Morea抯 love-life rocking?  

This is one couple that is spotted together almost everywhere, yet, they claim they抮e going nowhere. Strange, eh? Well, we haven抰 quite figured the Dino Morea-Nandita Mahtani romance, err協riendship (whatever else they want to call it), because the two of them are spotted together in the party circuit way too often, the most recent being Abhishek抯 B-day bash. And yeah卼hey look like a real comfy couple too. Now if Dino insists he抯 just being a 慻ood friend

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-2-2006 01:47 PM | Show all posts
Bobby needs a chill pill!  

Salman Khan has found a new fan in Deol junior. No not Bobby, silly, although Bobs and Sallu are buddies, alright. Apparently, Aryaman (Bobby抯 elder son) is a crazy Salman Khan fan. And ever since the Just Chill Chill song hit the charts, this li抣 Deol loves him even more. The minute he hears it playing on television, he drops everything else and shakes his hips to the song. And we hear he抯 got the dance moves down to perfection. If Bobs is going off his rocker trying to control this li抣 fan, all we抣l say is - take a chill pill, Bobs!  

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 01:48 PM | Show all posts
Preity抯 憌orm

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 01:49 PM | Show all posts
Fardeen's hairy tales!  

The dashing Khan is back from a lovely long honeymoon in South Africa. Sure, the holiday with his lovely wife has completely de-stressed FK, but now that he's back in Mumbai there's a lot of catching up to do. "We had an amazing honeymoon, but I'm back to a whole lot of stress now. I don't even have time to catch up on some sleep, or unpack. I start shooting for Pyare Mohan right away, and I haven't even organized my clothes. Can you imagine, I haven't had time for a haircut in two months, "exclaimed Fardeen. Well FK, maybe it抯 time your better-half takes control and sets it all straight for you. Wives are great at that, aren't they?  

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 01:50 PM | Show all posts
Amrita Rao: Nothing sexy about being sexy!  

Well, there's no big deal about being sexy. Not for actresses like Amrita Rao, at least. "I like experimenting and looking different in my films (if not so-called conventionally 'sexy'), but I don't think the only reason to be there in the film industry is to look glamorous. We call ourselves 'actors' at the end of the day remember?" Yeah gal, we'll remember that, and we aren't 'acting' when we're saying that!  

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 01:51 PM | Show all posts
Hrithik Roshan: 'Super'man is back!  

For all those wondering what Rakesh Roshan would do next to outdo the 'magic' of Koi Mil Gaya, the wait seems to be over. And for those who've seen the teaser promos of 'Krrish' on air, it promises to be much more 'supermagical'. And even batman might baulk at this one, but superheroes beware. No one ever looked as good in a caped coat and cat mask as Hrithik Roshan is in this one. And he's literally leaping in the air and flying high - pumped with powers that belie the normal Hindi film hero. His superman act in dad's sequel is really impressive - special effects and all. The latest Indian caped crusader (yes, body suit et al) is all set to fight crime in style. And if the kiddies loved jadoo in the first, (the alien is missing from this one) a muscled Duggu going through awe inspiring SFX will have them clapping. Though what we adults think ... hmmnnn ... we'll wait for the film and then comment. Such journos we are.  

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-2-2006 01:52 PM | Show all posts
What's ailing Preity?  

Preity just turned 31 years old and it was boyfriend, the Wadia scion Ness who decided to do the honours. We are told Ness decided to throw a surprise party for his actress girlfriend and invited all her close friends. Preity was so touched that she simply let her hair down and enjoyed the party to the hild. So much so that she actually fell ill the very next day with a stomach infection and needed bed rest and urgent medication. Hope she recovers quickly to enjoy the rest of the celebrations!   

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 01:53 PM | Show all posts
Rani shifts out of her house!  

Rani Mukherjee has moved out of her house with bag and baggage. Not only Rani, but the entire Mukherjee clan has literally moved out of their house. And before you guys put too much of thought into it, here's the other side of the story - Going by the recent success enjoyed by Rani, the Mukherjees have decided to go in for a major revamp of their old house and an interior decorator has been roped in to do the needful. And the family, for the time being, has moved into a 5 star hotel and will stay put till their house is ready. Talk of 5 star comfort!  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-2-2006 01:54 PM | Show all posts
Filmmakers after Salman's hair!  

Salman's baldness has had a telling effect on his filmmakers, but they can't help but wait for the star抯 hair to grow back and then resume shooting. And though producers are tearing their own hair in despair, no one is willing to talk about it. "We are helpless. My entire schedule has gone haywire. But what can I do? He had a genuine problem and has lost his hair, so we have to learn to cope with it," says a director who's waiting for Salman's hair to grow back. Meantime, the hair-raising stories of his producers continues.   

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 01:56 PM | Show all posts
Urmila's birthday secret!

How does the coming year look?
Equally fulfilling as last year. I'm doing a Ram Gopal Varma film with a new director Taufeeq. All I can tell you at this point is that it is a very intense subject and that I'm definitely doing it. There is also Pankaj Parasher's Benaras which will release shortly. Then there's the Harry Baweja-Vikram Bhatt's thriller which has been titled Speed. There's also Onir's film Bas Ek Pal Ke Liye, where I'm with Sanjay Suri, Juhi and Rehaan Engineer. I like working with actors I haven't worked with before.

Another year gone by, how does that make you feel?
It was an interesting year. It started with Naina, who's thumping opening surprised people. Naina had no star value except me. People were too shaken up. Then I had Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara for which I was praised. When I read the script I knew it was Anupam's film and not mine. But I was impressed by the Gandhian theme and its relevance in today's time.

What did you do on your birthday?
As much as I'd like to, I won抰 be working in Karan's Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehna. Who wouldn't want to be in a Karan film? But, even without his film as a birthday present, I spent the evening watching the Bryan Adams' concert which was fantastic. Each year I celebrate my birthday with a very close circle of family and friends. To me there can be no better gift. There was a bit of work to be done in the morning, which was fun. I was rehearsing for a Marathi awards function where I'll be paying a tribute to all the great Marathi actresses.

It's amazing how you haven't allowed your professional relationship with Ram Gopal Varma to suffer in spite of all the speculation surrounding the both of you?
I think it's high time all of us viewed working relationships in the film industry with a mature perspective. Just because two individuals work well together it doesn't mean their relationship should be subject to constant scrutiny. Likewise actors should not allow unsavoury talk to colour their professionalism. I've said innumerable times that if there's something worth doing with Mr. Varma I've no problems doing it. We've done some brilliant work together in the past. And I've no intention of lowering the standard for our collaboration. And for those who keep harping on why I'm not working with Mr. Ram Gopal Varma, let me remind them...even when they were harping about the two of us not working together we did Ek Hasina Thi.

It got me several best-actress nominations and it even did well at the box office, although it was song-less unconventional thriller. I think it's high time people stopped creating news when there's none. At least a certain breed of film-makers and stars who have a mutual respect and who do productive work together should be exempted from malicious gossip and scrutiny. I don't want to trivialise our collaboration by constantly defending it. But our next movie will definitely be a step forward for the two of us. Mr Varma is a fine filmmaker. It would be stupid on my part to stop working with him just because of all the nonsense that's written. I treat all the idle gossip as a professional hazard.

Tell me about this tribute to the Marathi actresses at the Marathi Zee awards?
It's very exciting. It starts with Nutanji, then goes on to Tanuja (who was my first screen mother) then Smita Patil and Madhuri Dixit. Finally, it ends with my 慍hamma chamma

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 02:00 PM | Show all posts
POOJA'S MUSICAL VOYAGE YET TO HIT DESTINATION

Pooja Bhatt is back again as a director. It was two years back when this darling of the Bhatt camp decided to call shots and made her directorial debut in 'Paap'. Pooja continued the tradition of his father (Mahesh Bhatt) to give break to new artists in her films too. If Udita Goswami got her big break in 'Paap', this time she has placed Ongelle Nair in the limelight. She also gives erstwhile composer Ranjit Barot his first chance as an independent music director. The film that we are talking about is this Friday's release 'Holiday'.

Though the movie was planned to release last year, it went on being deferred at least three times. And, finally when the film has seen the daylight, there is not much anticipation left among viewers. Having turned producer before her last film as an actor in 'Zakhm', Pooja's credentials need applause for the fact that in a short span of nine years as film producer she has delivered nine films, including much-talked about films like 'Dushman', 'Sangharsh' and 'Sur'. In 'Holiday', she delves on relationships. She tries to transform her characters from subtlety to uniqueness. A theme that she has tried to weave in all her films, no matter whether she directed it or some one else.

Papa Mahesh Bhatt once again writes poetry in the form of story for his daughter's directorial venture. As has been the case with most of Mahesh Bhatt written films, 'Holiday' takes inspiration from western flicks too. Many may find resemblance in Dino Morea and Ongelle Nair's characters with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey in 1987's hit 'Dirty Dancing'. Not a big deal though as Bollywood hardly finds a fresh story to make a film these days. So, you can call that Pooja Bhatt's latest venture is 'inspired' by this western film.

This is the season of love and cupid; and Pooja has presented 'Holiday' to her fans. The movie could have been a perfect outing for a weekend, but a loose script and not so happening music has marred its prospects. Moreover, there is no oomph or ooze imbibed under the shadow of story demand. Hence, we watch a film from the Bhatt bastion with a 'U' (Universal) certificate by Censor Board. Isn't it strange?

In terms of story, 'Holiday' sails along with its main character - Muskaan (Ongelle Nair). Muskaan is in Goa for a month long vacation with her family comprising sister Samara (Nauheed Cyrusi), mother Nandini (Anahita) and father Dr Daksh Suri (Gulshan Grover). Samara is an out and out spoilt brat kind of girl and she enjoys every heck of her life. Though being real sister of Samara, Muskaan is poles apart from her as far as living life is concerned. An introvert Muskaan prefers to live in solace by choice.

During these vacations, Muskaan finds herself in the company of a group of dancers and comes to know that a tragedy is facing them. Before she finds any solution to the problem, she is dragged therein; she has to stand for a dancer who is not able to perform for being pregnant. The dancer in question has an affair with the hotelier's son (Sanjit Bedi) who is now flirting with Samara. Muskaan learns new lessons in dance and life too while being in the company of this dance troupe. It is during this training of music and dance that Muskaan finds out her inner powers and also a new feeling that she has never felt in her life before. Is it love or just a feel for the person who cares for her? Questions and clashes surface one after another.

While the story is unfolding on the screen, there is a lot of inputs from here and there. Once you see some dashes of a famous soap opera, next you feel the fragrance of a Mills and Boon kind of story and before you could settle to find what the real theme of the film is, you bump in another tricky situation. Kashmira Shah arrives from nowhere and though she does give some shots of exotica in the narration, she also works as a catalyst for the main character of the film.

As a writer, Mahesh Bhatt has tried to weave in more and more emotions in the story but he fails to keep a grip on the main track. So, the movie moves on a linear track, a must for these kinds of films. Pooja who has showed immense maturity in her debut 'Paap', once again shows capabilities of her grip on the medium. However, she ought to learn that she must not get in love with locations. She also needs to be selective in her stories. It will be better for her, if she chooses stories that are more attached to commoners in society.

Technically, the film is not weak at all except for its music part. Though Ranjit Barot has tried his best to leave an impact on narration and succeeds in composing some very good melodious tunes, his music does not elevate the film. The slow pace of songs causes hindrance in progression of the story. As for performances of the actors, Ongelle is a winner. Facing the camera in a debut that too without make-up is not an easy task.

A trained Kathak dancer, Ongelle shows comfort in western steps too. Dino is still where he started from in 'Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi'. He is learning but not at pace demanded by the time. Gulshan Grover is apt in his role whereas Nauheed sparks in a brief role. On the whole, 'Holiday' is just an average film, no big deal, no big stakes and no big initial at box office, maybe the film picks up with word of mouth publicity but that is not an easy task for a film with no stars.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 02:02 PM | Show all posts
SONALI BENDRE HAS NO REGRETS

Sonali Bendre, who started out as a model before being selected for the Stardust Talent Search, switched on to Bollywood with 'Aag Aur Naraz' in 1994. After a spate of flops - 'Takkar', 'Bhai', 'Diljale', 'Duplicate', Sonali Bendre finally made it with 'Sarfarosh'. She has faced a lot of rejections and a large number of flops as a newcomer. But with a face and figure like hers, she has a certain kind of oomph and aura around her that makes her so special. With her reticence, reserve and accentuated coyness, she has displayed how the end-millennium woman can be traditional too: a perfect counterfoil to the aggressive, all-West Indian woman. With charm and good-natured humor, Sonali Bendre commands affection from friends and strangers alike. We caught up with her recently during her visit to Delhi for promoting Omega watches.

What kind of watches do you like?
I like Omega watches, and have been using these watches only. A watch should be comfortable while wearing, scratch-proof and durable, which Omega watches are. I wear watches of different designs, shapes and color.

Why only Omega?
I started by wearing Omega watches and since then I prefer only Omega. This watch is comfortable.

Do you think the heroes always get the better deal in Hindi films?
You mean better money? Better roles? That doesn't really bother me. I don't really care as long as I get good roles.

Looking back, what do you think of the song and dance roles you have done?
I do admit I did my share of running around the trees. I played a bimbette in 'Sarfarosh'. It takes a lot of intelligence to play a bimbette though . And I'm not a bimbette! But I managed pretty well. Isn't it so? Stardom for me hasn't been a cakewalk. It's been a struggle.

Professionally, what are you looking forward to?
Right now, nothing as I am busy with my family, especially my child, who needs a lot of attention as he is just five months old.

How was your experience hosting a talent-hunt show?
Fun. I enjoyed very much. It sure is - especially with all those kids. Their energy, their enthusiasm is contagious. It feels good to be part of a talent hunt show. I was excited when I first got the offer. And it was perfect because they only wanted me to work six days a month. I couldn't have spared more time. My plate's more than full with the five films on hand.

Any regrets?
I have no regrets in life. Life goes on and one should look ahead and not backward.

Why this shift towards television?
I have never planned my career. I never wanted to be an actress. Even films were instinctive, just like modeling and television.

What is the difference between Marathi films and Bollywood?
There is no comparison between Bollywood and Marathi films. Both have their own charm.

Why did you drop out of the television?
You get too tied up. But yes, if there is an interesting story, I will surely do it. I am open. I did television when most film stars were not doing it. It is time-consuming and a lot of hard work. So far, I have not got anything interesting.

Which is the most satisfying role you have done so far?
'Anaahat' is satisfying. But the most satisfying is still to come.

How has life changed for you after marriage?
Why, didn't I do it before? It is wonderful that you have someone to share something. It is amazing that you get strength. I suppose you will call it growing together. Goldie was a friend, then was a boyfriend and is now a very supportive partner.

Are you involved in your husband's work?
I encourage him by not interfering in his work. Behind the camera is a specialized field. Therefore, I keep away.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 02:06 PM | Show all posts
Priyanshu loves to be nice actor

Actor Priyanshu Chatterjee says that he felt happiest on the release of his first movie. He aims at becoming an excellent actor in life, and also a good human being. "I shall not leave any stone unturned to achieve my life's aim." Since he doesn't believe in rebirth, so he wants to do his best in this life.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 02:08 PM | Show all posts
Bipasha's close circle

Once known as Bollywood's sex bomb Bipasha Basu has a close circle of several intimate and reliable persons, including John Abraham on the top. First and foremost is her father Heerak Kumar Basu who is very intelligent and good natured too. Then comes the turn of Jatin Rajguru who manages Bips' commercial as well as personal matters. Besides, she has a friend designer named Rocky S, who is always ready to help her. Though Bips has no real brother, but her brother-in-law (her sister's husband) Gopekumar Panikkar treats her as his younger sister. Bips loves Gopekumar's son aged four named Anitej too much. Apart from these persons, others in Bips' good books are her driver and the spot boy. She has full faith in both of them, it is said.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 02:12 PM | Show all posts
Jimmy in Benegal's movie

Jimmy Shergill is confident of faring much better during 2006 unlike 2005 when he didn't bag many big roles or movie offers. He has already been signed by Shyam Benegal for his 'Chamki Chameli'. Besides, he is looking forward towards his forthcoming movies like Karan Razdan's 'Umar' and Nasseruddin Shah's 'Yuh Hota Toh Kya Hota'. Jimmy is very proud and so is Deepak Tijori, director of 'Tom Dick And Harry' in which Jimmy has played a mute boy.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-9-2006 05:03 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 02:13 PM | Show all posts
Gracy shifts to Punjabi

Actress Gracy Singh of the Aamir starrer 'Lagaan' goes to Punjab for her future career. She is presently acting in 'Chudiyan' of director Sukhwant Dhaddha of the 'Ek Chaadar Maili Si' fame. When asked why she has shifted to a Punjabi movie, Gracy felt that it might be due to her loss of touch with Aamir Khan. Interestingly, her movie 'Churiyan' will be dubbed in Hindi. She is optimistic about her career in Punjabi movies where other Hindi actress Juhi Chawla has also moved to. Anyway, Gracy is much younger to Juhi Chawla.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-2-2006 02:13 PM | Show all posts
Saif declines big offers

The latest National Award winner Saif Ali Khan is choosy about his movie offers but very polite too. This is evident from the recent incident when he said no to famous directors like Ram Gopal Verma and Maniratnam for acting in their movies. Though Saif has attributed this to his difficulty in giving dates to these directors as desired by them in the wake of his preoccupation, industry circles speak contrary. They say that Saif has very courteously declined their offers. After all, he has to be choosy now unlike in the past.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 02:15 PM | Show all posts
Priyanka's eyes on Yash camp

Priyanka Chopra who has already got a special position in the industry for herself has now fixed her eyes on Yash Chopra's movies. This isn't unusual though as every actor or actress loves to work under his big and prestigious banner. Priyanka has another reason too. She seems to be having a sort of cold war with former Miss World Aishwarya Rai. In the past, Priyanka snatched away from Aish two prestigious movie offers - Rakesh Roshan's 'Krish' and Rohan Sippy's 'Bluff Master'. She doesn't want to have a grip on the Yash camp too.

Priyanka Chopra

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 02:16 PM | Show all posts
Priyanka Chopra rocks Bollywood.

With the release of Rohan Sippy's 'Bluff Master', the stunning and talented Priyanka Chopra is achieving her full potential which can only serve to enrich the movie industry. She is now looking forward to new projects 'Don' and 'Krish' among others.

Miss World 2000, Priyanka Chopra was born on 18th July 1982 to the family of Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra & Dr. Madhu Chopra. Born in an Army family, this first born girl grew up in the warmth & Love offered by her grandparents, aunts & uncles.

Priyanka, earlier decided to become a software Engineer. Suddenly, her life took turn with the Femina Miss India contest, which she won with aplomb.

According to Priyanka, Bluffmaster' has been a very special film for her as she made great friends during the shoot . She is even grateful to the viewers who appreciated her work. She also feels it hard to perform different roles at one time.

Priyanka, one of the beauty queens to join the Bollywood bandwagon, began her film career with 'Andaaz' opposite Sunny Deol. Subsequently, she featured in movies like 'Aitraaz', 'Karam', 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi', 'Barsaat', 'Waqt' and 'Yakeen'.

'Salaam-E-Ishq', 'Don', 'Krish', 'God Tussi Great Ho' and 'Aap Ki Khatir' are few projects lined up in Priyanka's kitty.

The World of Hindi cinema literally seems to be at her feet today.

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 11-2-2006 11:38 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2006 11:51 PM | Show all posts
For Akshay, comedy hour is nearly over

Akshay does have a sense of humour. And you don't need to watch him in Garam Masala to know. At the Screen Awards, he went on stage to receive the award for best editor

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 11:52 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.084637 second(s), 41 queries .