Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 12-2-2006 02:17 PM | Show all posts
Decoding Fardeen Khan

Fardeen Khan really couldn't ask for more. He has just come back from Africa after an amazing honeymoon and now he is gearing up for the shooting of Pyare Mohan.

Double delight: After his hyped shaadi, Fardeen Khan had two honeymoons with wife Natasha. The first, a three-week trip to New Zealand was 揺xciting,

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-2-2006 02:25 PM | Show all posts
Let us give you some more news from Mahima Chaudhary.

Apparently, the actress is annoyed that Souten director Karan Razdan has used wicked camera angles to show off more of Mahima than Mahima wants to.

'I am not going to promote for the film because of this wrongdoing by Karan Razdan,' says a miffed Mahima.

Incidentally, Souten has a stunning storyline. In the film, Mahima tries to seduce the husband of her stepdaughter. Therefore, she is the souten -- the other woman -- for her own daughter.

Are we the only ones wondering whether this film will go on to be bigger than Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge if Mahima promotes it?

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2006 02:32 PM | Show all posts
What irks Bipasha Basu

Bipasha Basu is peeved over a Mumbai newspaper's report about her playing Draupadi in Rituparno Ghosh's forthcoming Hindi-English bilingual of the same name.

Talking to rediff.com, the actress refused to discuss the film as she felt "it would not be professional to comment on a project which is still in my mind".

"There is nothing official about me acting in Ritu's film as yet. Ritu and I had a discussion and he showed interest to cast me in the role. I have reciprocated positively," she added.

"He has the mammoth task of finalising the details of such a complicated film. Once he is through and I sign on the dotted line, [then] I will be in a position to talk about Draupadi."  

Ghosh, however, confirmed he has found his Draupadi in Bipasha and that his long search for a "dark actor" for the title role of the film culled from the Mahabharat has ended.

"I always wanted to do a film on Draupadi, a ravishing combination of beauty and brains, how she epitomises power and how she is an extension of Kunti, the mother of the Pandavs," Ghosh had said in an earlier interview.

"For the past few years, I have concentrated on several nuances of the epic. The film will be a reflection of my thoughts," he adds now.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2006 02:34 PM | Show all posts
Jackie Shroff: Carnatic singer

The strains of a classical alaap compel us to enter a hall where a concert is supposedly 'in progress'. On stage is the singer, dressed in an immaculate dhoti-kurta, a chain around his neck. It's Jackie Shroff.

He looks every inch the Carnatic singer, complete with trademark kumkum on his forehead. The stage has posters of Jackie as a musician, caught in different moods. There are other musicians playing the violin, mridangam, ghatam and tanpura.

Jackie is making his foray in an untitled Telugu film by well-known director Suresh Krissna. Produced by Raju Harwani, it has Vishnu Babu and Anushka in the lead roles. Sharad Babu, Sumalatha and Rahul Dev also have roles to play.

For the moment, Jackie is excited about the film. Taking a break from his alaap and swaras, which he masters over a few minutes, he talks about being on Southern terrain. "I have done Hindi movies for 22 years. After doing the Bengali Antar Mahal, I felt I should work with all Indian languages. While shooting for Kyon Ki, I met Suresh Krissna with Priyan. I liked the role of a singer, which I have never done in my life. The South is a place for music, dance and culture. What better to enter than as a classical musician?" He does not divulge much about the role though.

Incidentally, Jackie will shortly be seen in a Malayalam film as well. "Shooting is likely to begin in February and I play a cop," he says.

Jackie seems to get the nuances right

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2006 02:36 PM | Show all posts
Tabu, Bhoomika: Separated at birth?

The Screen Awards -- the first movie awards ceremony of the year -- were given away in Mumbai.

While Black seemed to sweep the star-studded event, the dress code seemed to match.

Astonishingly, Tabu and Bhoomika Chawla also wore identical outfits.

The actresses were seen together in Khalid Mohamed's Silsilay, which bombed at the box office.

Anyone looking to cast sisters in a movie?

Tabu & Bhoomika Chawla

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2006 02:43 PM | Show all posts
The star siblings that failed

Arbaaz Khan
The brother of Salman Khan had a perfect debut in Abbas-Mustan's Darrar (1996). He played a negative role as a hero and everyone thought he would do a repeat of Shah Rukh Khan's Darr. Coincidentally, Juhi Chawla was the heroine. But it didn't work.The film failed and so did Arbaaz's fortune. Three years later, he reappeared in a big way with Salman doing Hello Brother (1999), but audiences rejected the film. Then came half a dozen forgetful roles before the hit Qayamant, where he played a villain.He was last seen in Akbar Khan's Taj Mahal in the role of Emperor Aurangzeb.

Faisal Khan
Another Khan, this brother of Aamir made his debut under Vikram Bhatt's direction in Madhosh.The year was 1994 and Faisal followed it up with a disappearing act. He appeared in Dharmesh Darshan's Mela (2000) with Aamir, but the film was a no show. Audiences rejected the film outright and it is possibly the worst film Aamir has ever done.Faisal did try his luck with lesser-known films like Basti later, but those failed too.

Rinkie Khanna
As the daughter of Rajesh Khanna and Dimple Kapadia, she had to make news on the big screen.However, the only role one can recall is that of Tushaar Kapoor's sibling in the hit Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai. Her sister Twinkle was fortunate to get a big debut with Bobby Deol in Barsaat. She also climbed ladders in the industry and did films with all three Khans.Although Rinkie's debut in Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi was hyped, the film didn't do well. She then settled for second lead roles and was last seen in 2003's Jhankaar Beats.

Uday Chopra
We assumed his brother - the biggest showman in the film industry - Aditya Chopra was out to prove he could make a star of Uday even if the latter's looks and acting talent weren't up to the mark.Aditya directed one of Bollywood's biggest films, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. He then took the reins from father Yash Chopra and made films like Hum Tum and Salaam Namaste, to name a couple. Uday acted in Dhoom, which became a hit, but the credit went to John Abraham and Abhishek Bachchan.We thought Aditya would repeat the magic with Uday in Neal `n' Nikki, but the film bombed badly.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 12-2-2006 02:44 PM | Show all posts
Viveik Oberoi, by now, is in the Sab Ki Leta Hai hall of fame.

The latest we hear about this actor is that he has gone to Kerala's famed Shabrimala Temple, with actor Sonu Sood.

Sonu who?

Oh, yes! The actor who appeared in films like Siskiyaan and the skin flick Aashiq Banaya Aapne last year. What a fall from limelight! From the likes of Ajay Devgan, John Abraham and Karan Johar, Viveik has now made friends with Sood.

The actor must be wondering when his life changed. He changed his spelling from Vivek to Viveik, and that didn't help his Home Delivery, the film you voted the worst movie of the year.

It seems Viveik has been going to the Shabrimala temple for the last three years, but god has still not shown his films any mercy.

Our advice to him: Just watch what you say, and think twice before signing a film.

What say you?

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2006 02:45 PM | Show all posts
Khas utk Blackmore...yg perna minta artikel abt Johnny Lever..hehehe

Generally we don't give sermons in Sab Ki Leta Hai because it is a fun column.
However, we would like to give one serious advice to all the aspiring actors. Never say no to television.

This advice frankly is because you never know when you will be out of work in films.

Remember Amar Upadhyaya, who played Mihir in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi? After he became a star of sorts, he said no to serials and tried his luck in films. His career went nowhere, and he came back embarrassed and started working in serials.

The latest to fall in line is a big name, Johnny Lever.

The comedian, who ruled the film industry with his presence in virtually every film over the last decade, always refused to work in serials, saying it required too much discipline and time.

Now Johnny is out of work, as most film producers think his repetitive kind of comedy isn't what viewers want anymore. They have moved on to other comedians like Rajpal Yadav and Boman Irani.

So what is Johnny doing now? No prizes for guessing. He is doing a television show for Zee, called Johnny Aala Re.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-2-2006 02:52 PM | Show all posts
As 2006 begins in earnest, it's award season in Bollywood. We at rediff.com decided to kick things off with our very own picks of the best from the year gone by. Ladies and gentlemen, without any further ado, here are the winners of the Rediff Movie Awards 2006:
Best Music: Bluffmaster

One of the coolest soundtracks of the year, this boasted of music by Vishal-Shekhar, the UK based Trickbaby, remixes by Sameeruddin, and more. The result: an edgy album that hit home with hiphop listeners and Bollywood lovers alike. Nice.

Newcomers of the Year: Chitrangda Singh, Abhay Deol
The ravishing Chitrangda wowed audiences and critics alike with her astonishing debut in Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, and was hailed as 'the next Smita Patil'. But she vanished into thin air and announced a sudden retirement.

Yet another star-child, Dharmendra's nephew Abhay popped up on screen opposite Ayesha Takia in Imtiaz Ali's Socha Na Tha and proceeded to deliver a refreshingly natural performance with great restraint and likeability.

Best Actor in Villainous Role: Nana Patekar (Apaharan)
Tabrez Alam was a well-written character, but would possibly have come across as just another cardboard villain without this spirited performance from the intense Nana Patekar. Compellingly played.

Best Actor in Comic Role: Akshay Kumar (Garam Masala)
It's been a gradual transformation, but action star Akki has now completely metamorphosed into one of the industry's most gifted comic actors. With stellar timing and extraordinary restraint, he made Garam Masala a laugh riot - all on his own steam.

Best Supporting Actress: Ayesha Kapur (Black)
Capable of putting many established stars to shame, little Ayesha stole the spotlight completely in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Black. An incredible debut from an unschooled actress, Ayesha was naturally wonderful.

Best Supporting Actor: Riteish Deshmukh (Bluffmaster)
Suddenly hailed as this generation's least contrived actor, Riteish is an absolute natural, making his every character seem an effortless portrayal. As Dittu in Rohan Sippy's conman comedy, he whisked the limelight casually away from Abhishek Bachchan, playing the over the top sidekick to perfection.

Best Director: Sudhir Mishra (Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi)
Always a fine director, Mishra never seemed more in control of his craft than with this elygiac look at the 1970s. A very nuanced film about realistic human relationships was an absolute treat to watch.

Best Film: Iqbal
Thank you, Nagesh Kukunoor. A powerful, well-meaning script, laced with just the right amounts of cliche and mush resulted in a feel-good film that found unanimous applause. Iqbal brought filmmaking back to roots, and gave us a sports movie we can really be proud of.

Best Actress: Rani Mukerji (Black)
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's masterstroke was in casting this woman for his lead. While critics debated subtext and meaning, most of them applauded Ms Mukerji's brave portrayal of the severely handicapped Michelle.

Best Actor: Shreyas Talpade (Iqbal)
Beating off competition from Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan and Saif Ali Khan is no easy task, but if Indian cinema has seen an underdog champion in 2005, it is the man who made us believe in Iqbal. With a smashing bowling action, Talpade showed off a lot of heart as he gave his all to the role.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2006 02:54 PM | Show all posts
Where are these heroines now?

Aishwarya Rai
She's been all over the place on the international television circuit, gushing about her films -- but when will we finally get to see one of them?Ash has an impressive 2006 slate, with films like The Mistress Of Spices, Provoked, The Last Legion, Dhoom 2, Umrao Jaan, and Akbar-Jodha. Plus several other big-name ambitious projects announced.Here's to a year where Ash could truly go global.

Tabu
Widely considered as our most talented leading lady, Tabu has been queerly absent from the spotlight for a very long time. Despite two releases in 2005 (Silsiilay and Bhaggmati -- the lesser said the better) we miss this stunning heroine.2006 presents Tabu in some interesting films, including Mira Nair's adaptation of Jhumpa Lahiri's novel, The Namesake, and Kunal Kohli's Aamir-Kajol starrer, Fanaah.

Urmila Matondkar
Missing Bollywood's resident scream-queen? Urmila is back with a bang in 2006, with a slew of high-profile releases.Among her credits this year are Pankaj Parashar's Benaras, Shyam Benegal's Chamki, Rajkumar Santoshi's Saamna.Also, she might be starring in Karan Johar's multistarrer, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, and if the film ever gets on the floors, she'll be jiggling her booty for Ram Gopal Varma's Sholay.

Manisha Koirala
Sometimes wrong choices can wreck a perfectly good career. What else can explain the presence of Manisha Koirala, a lovely A-list actress, in B-grade skin flicks like Chaahat Ek Nasha?Unfortunately, 2006 doesn't look dramatically great for the actress either, Farah Khan's Happy New Year the only major one in her kitty so far - since production on that film hasn't started yet, lets just hope its out this year.Tragic to see such a fine performer being wasted like this.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2006 02:56 PM | Show all posts
Shahid Kapoor is everywhere.

Always in the papers, hanging with Kareena Kapoor or in glossy ads telling people how he keeps his hair smooth. The only place he isn't seen much is in theatres.

After all, with a string of flops, most of his films are withdrawn from theatres almost instantly after their release. In December 2005 alone, he gave us three duds -- Deewane Huye Paagal, Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi, and Shikhar. This year, his last hopes lie with 36 China Town and Sooraj Barjatya's Vivaah.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2006 02:56 PM | Show all posts
Raveena Tandon

The lesser written about this actress of yesteryear, the better it is for all of us.
Note: We are using the word 'yesteryear' because we don't know why she appears in the news all the time.

The last hit Raveena gave was Dulhe Raja in 1998, with Govinda. For the last seven years, she has been in the news for inexplicable reasons. We assumed she would finally retire after marrying Anil Thadani. But she made news on the first day of 2006 by throwing wine on Anil's ex-wife, Natasha Sippy.

Why did she do that? What motivated her? God alone knows. But it did get her headlines.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2006 03:10 PM | Show all posts
Whom To Watch Out For In 2006

For lovers of Hindi cinema, there's much to look forward to over the next 12 months. New roles, of course, a lot of experimentation, big names that have a lot to prove. All in all, it should be a blast.

To kick things off, the first thing to look forward to is Aishwarya Rai in Umrao Jaan.In recreating an era and aura that Rekha already has, Aishwarya is taking a great risk. Comparisons, as they say, are inevitable. "But Ash's Umrao is diametrically different from Rekha's. Ash is doing it in her own way. And it's certainly unique and outstanding," says movie mogul J P Dutta, all set to prove himself a ladies' director.Before Umrao, Ash bathed herself in glamorous glory, playing Paro in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas. In Umrao, the scent of this woman is amazing. All those who think she's had her best innings are going to sit up and watch. Says co-star Divya Dutta, "The minute Ash walks in, we are transported into another time zone." Ash laughs, "You know I've been told so many times that I belong to a different era. Maybe Umrao is my chance to really prove it."

Aamir Khan in Rang De Basanti
Aamir didn't exactly cover himself with glory in Mangal Pandey. He goes compulsively contemporary in Rakeysh Mehta's expertly crafted celebration of youthful aspiration, Rang De Basanti.Close watchers believe marriage will prove lucky for Aamir. Says his co-star Madhavan, "Aamir's acting is so effortless, it's a pleasure to share the screen with him. He was not just a co-star, he was also a colleague, comrade and buddy throughout the making of Rang De Basanti." Wow, Aamir, the mellow do-gooder.

Saif Ali Khan in Vishal Bhardwaj's Omkara (Othello)
Vishal goes back to Shakespeare and turns the arch-villain in Othello into a lout from Uttar Pradesh for Saif who declined Ramu's Sholay to do this. It's a performance that will compete for all the best villain's awards next year."I've already started preparing my speech, body language and look," says Saif.

Hrithik Roshan in Krrish
Quietly he creeps back into the limelight. So what if Lakshya didn't do as well as expected? Hrithik grew his hair and toned up his muscles to do two sequels for Dhoom and Koi匨il Gaya.Priyanka Chopra, who co-stars with him in Krrish, the Koi匨il Gaya sequel, can't stop raving about him. "Every day I learnt something from him on the sets."Hopefully, the lessons won't go to waste.

Akshaye Khanna as Harilal in Feroz Khan's Mahatma Versus Gandhi
Though the project is being kept completely under wraps by producer Anil Kapoor, the shy retiring Khanna is all set to emblazon the screen with the role of Mahatma Gandhi's neglected, persecuted, angry and frustrated son who sees his father neglect family for nation.It's a role that will finally take Akshaye to places he was meant to go before a sort of stagnancy set in. The fog clears. This year, Akshaye will emerge a clear winner. No one is allowed to talk about the film, but someone who has seen the rushes swears by Akshaye's performance. He is the dark horse of 2006.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-4-2006 04:06 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 08:56 PM | Show all posts
Kareena's beau loves to sleep  

Popular Indian actress Kareena Kapoor said yesterday boyfriend Shahid Kapur wouldn't give up his sleep for anything or anyone. The couple have recently begun speaking to the media about their two-year relationship and are frequently seen together in publicity campaigns and movie premieres.

Kapoor told The Times of India newspaper that if she didn't go to his home to wake him, he'd sleep through the day.

Kapoor said even if Hollywood star Angelina Jolie was next to him, Shahid would politely tell her he needed to catch his sleep and didn't want to be disturbed.

The 25-year-old actress has starred in more than a dozen films over the past six years. Shahid, 24, has acted in some seven movies since his 2003 debut. Despite their off-screen romance, the couple's on-screen chemistry has failed to ignite audiences - they starred together two years ago in a thriller Fida or (Smitten) - which bombed at the box office.  

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 08:58 PM | Show all posts
Rani at the inauguration of ISCKON temple

Rani Mukherji was in Ujjain recently for the inauguration of another ISCKON (The International Society For Krishna Consciousness) temple. Other followers who were present included Alfred Ford of Ford Motors. The temple was constructed in Ujjain since it is said that Lord Krishna and Balaram studied there, in an ashram. Rani was grateful to the group for inviting her. She also spoke about how her entire family has been involved with ISCKON since years.  

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 08:59 PM | Show all posts
Preity's day out

Remember we had reported recently that Preity Zinta was to present the Dr. S C Jain Sprinters' Trophy at Royal Western India Turf Club (RWITC) on 12th February. Well, the event was quite a hit. And so was Preity! Dressed in an all white ensemble, her hat and shoes were a contrast, in black! But she sure could carry it off. Though we did wonder how she didn't melt in that black hat! Our celebs certainly have to go through a lot of pains! All in the name of fashion!  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-2-2006 09:09 PM | Show all posts
Juhi pledges to donate her eyes

After Aishwarya Rai, actress Juhi Chawla has pledged to donate her eyes. She did this few days ago when she went to the Dhamecha Eye Hospital at Porbandar for a Family visit.
According to Juhi, when she went to Porbander for a familiy visit there she was asked to lend her support to an eye donation camp which was also carrying out free cataract operations. Her support to the camp got 40,000 pledges for eye donations in three months.

Speaking on the same she said, 揟his time when I went, they made a special occasion out of it. While there, I pledged to donate my eyes. They do such wonderful work that my deed seems like a drop in the ocean. But if every such deed helps to light up someone抯 life, then why not?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 09:26 PM | Show all posts
Most Romantic Couples

It's 14th Feb and romance is in the air. But there are some for whom it has been a life of love and romance with their loved one. Check out the most romantic and perfect couples that we have amongst us.

John Abraham & Bipasha Basu
They are the hottest couple in the industry right now. Unlike most Bollywood couples, these guys had no qualms telling the world about their relationship and have been quite proud to declare it. We love them for that. If you are in love let the world know it.

Arbaaz and Malaika Khan
They met, fell in love and have stood by each other since then. Seven years of marriage and one child later, the couple still look as hot and as much in love (if not more) as they did when they first met.

Arbaaz Khan

Malaika Arora Khan

Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor
Their MMS scandal may have created a lot of unwanted controversy, but it proved one thing, that the couple were very much in love. Since then both have often declared publicly their love for each other. Hope this cute couple stays together forever.

Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan
They been though a lot together. Affairs, accidents, near-death experiences, political blunders, bankruptcy and of course fame and success. Many predicted their downfall, but they stuck together and showed the world what love and relationships are all about. A lesson for all the new-age couples.

Ajay and Kajol Devgan
They are the best example of the saying 憃pposites attract

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 09:41 PM | Show all posts
Bollywood 'himbos' who look best topless!  

Going topless or bare-chested, though not a popular trend in Bollywood, isn抰 a new phenomena among the male stars. And though in the past Bollywood heroes had shied way from showing off their bare bodies as they didn抰 have any of those V shaped bodies of today抯 stars to bare. But it was finally broken by Garam Dharam, in Phool Aur Pathar (1966) when he whipped off his shirt to show off his muscular physique and his rustic sex appeal, and filmmakers finally found a He-Man to cater to the needs of the growing female audience. Bollywood found its first superhero. Dharmendra抯 contemporaries like Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan too tried to repeat the bare-dare act with limited success. And down the lane, other stars like Anil Kapoor, Sunny Deol and Jackie Shroff tried to cater to female viewers by baring their bare bodies on the big screen. Here are some modern day actors who have literally bared all on screen.

Sanjay Dutt
Though when he started off, he had a lean body that would pass off only in romantic films, over the years he built up those bulging muscles and didn抰 hesitate to show off as and when required. He appeared bare-chested along with Sunny Deol in the posters of Kashtryia.

Salman Khan
He took over from where Dharmendra left. Salman decided to shave off his hairy chest and bare his clean shaven chest before the camera. He started the trend in Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya where a bare bodied Salman Khan danced to the tunes of Oh oh Jane, Jana. Filmmakers finally found a star who was willing to go 憈opless

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 09:43 PM | Show all posts
Fardeen is enjoying marital bliss, perhaps a bit too much, and it's showing in the form of a visible glow on his face. But the bad news is that with the glow there's also those extra kilos he has put on - prominently visible during the shooting of his forthcoming movie Pyare Mohan. And now the good news: Khan is aware of it and has promised to knock off the extra baggage as soon as possible. Marriage and happiness certainly make one round and chubby. What's say, Fardeen?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 07:44 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072881 second(s), 41 queries .