Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 14-2-2006 09:48 PM | Show all posts
Why Bollywood抯 態ad Girls

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-2-2006 09:50 PM | Show all posts
SRK's extended holiday!  

The King Khan seems to be a relaxed mood and he wants to keep it going that way. That's the reason he isn't signing any new movies besides doing Karan Johar and Farhan Akhtar's next. And the buzz is that after completing the first schedule of Farhan Akthar's Don, SRK will be leaving for a long, extended holiday with his family comprising wife Gauri and their two children. And till then his holiday destination remains unknown!   

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 09:51 PM | Show all posts
Saif says salaam to new directors  

Saif Ali Khan is working his way up the success ladder. His formula for this seems to be doing different things differently. It comes as no wonder then that the actor is open to working with young, new filmmakers. His Dil Chahta Hai with then-debutant-director Farhan Akhtar is one such example. More recently Saif chose to work with another first-time director Homi Adajania whose film Being Cyrus comes across as a very interesting piece of work also starring the likes of Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia and Boman Irani. Ask Homi about his boastful stellar cast of performers and he says, 揟he attitude of actors has changed. Everybody is looking at doing something new and different. It was not difficult to approach any of them. They were most co-operative about the whole thing.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 09:52 PM | Show all posts
Madhur-Tabu: What's the Signal?  

Though Tabu has been lying low of late, we hear the talented actress has been approached by a few Bollywood biggies for their films. And the other day we caught the talented National Award winning actress with another National Award winner. And he happened to be Madhur Bhandarkar. They were spotted together at a party and both were involved in an animated conversation. Wonder what 憇ignal

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 09:53 PM | Show all posts
Hrithik is the caped crusader!  

Remember how Hrithik literally prayed that Koi Mil Gaya should click with the audience before its release, especially since it was a very different genre - sci-fi had not worked big time with the Indian audience till then. Well the lad is back to those days once again. He抯 hoping that his next sci-fi film Krrish does well with the Indian audience, especially since the Roshans are taking a long shot and hoping that the latest Indian caped crusader turns out to be a hit. While all eyes are turned to see whether the Roshan trio (how can we forget music director Rajesh Roshan) will score a hat-trick, we think there could be many more superheroes taking to the skies soon if this one works. Wait a minute - what抯 that? Is that a bird, is that a plane

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 09:54 PM | Show all posts
Aamir Khan: Sticking to his 'silent' guns!  

No one messes with Aamir Khan. The actor has walked the straight line (albeit drawn by himself) and stuck to what he抯 believed to be right always. Post Mangal Pandey, when the media had 慶riticized

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-2-2006 09:55 PM | Show all posts
Ameesha, period!  

Period films and remakes seem to be making a comeback all of a sudden. Umrao Jaan, Sahib Biwi Aur Ghulam, Don, Sholay

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 09:56 PM | Show all posts
Arjun Rampal: Pran mein jaan!  

The hunky Rampal is one helluva excited man these days. And that's because he's 'Don-ning' an all new avatar for Farhan Akhtar's remake of Don. Well, receiving bouquets of compliments for his stunning looks doesn't surprise Arjun anymore, but for the first time he received accolades for his looks and work in Ek Ajnabee. And that's given him a whole lot of confidence. Apparently he'll be portraying the stylized version of Pran from the old Don of 1978. Knowing Farhan's brilliance in displaying his actors superbly, we're hoping to see Arjun like never before. Let's wait and see if AR can put in more jaan into this new-age Pran!  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-2-2006 09:57 PM | Show all posts
Sunny Deol's hidden message!  

The last time Sunny Deol and Ameesha Patel teamed up for Gadar - Ek Prem Katha, they created B.O records. Sunny's robust machismo perfectly complemented Ameesha's fragile femininity. So when the two were signed on for Harry Baweja's Teesri Aankh, everyone thought it will be another news-making project. Well, we aren't predicting the fate of the film yet, but Sunny fans will be a wee-bit disappointed on hearing this. Contrary to what they think, Sunny has a special appearance in the film, an important one though. And Ameesha Patel is almost like the 'hero' of this flick that revolves around how women are used and abused by the use of the hidden camera. The petite Patel taking centerstage, while Sunny moves to the background. Is there a hidden message that we're missing?   

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 16-2-2006 05:15 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 10:02 PM | Show all posts
Esha Deol thanks Amrita for misbehaving!

Are you disappointed that your last release Shaadi No 1, didn't work at the box-office?
No. It would have been better for my producer Vashu Bhagnani and director David Dhawan if the film had worked, but I guess people got bored with the same kind of subject.

After your spat with Amrita Rao at Bangkok, do you feel awkward to act with her in Pyare Mohan?
I think if you are not overly friendly with your co-actor, then you put in extra effort to make your on-screen chemistry look convincing. believe me, you won抰 be able to make out from our performance that we don't get along.

In fact, I must thank Amrita for helping me improve my acting skill. If she hadn't misbehaved with me that day, I would have never been able to act the way I have acted in Pyare Mohan with her.

Are you on talking terms with her?
No. We are working together in a professional capacity and we only interact when we need to execute a particular scene together in the film.

Does this animosity create any problem in the production of the film?
I don't think so. We are both professionals, and co-operative. Whatever happened between us was personal and we don't drag personal relationships to work.

But it was very unlike you to make a statement like, 揧es I slapped Amrita Rao

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 09:17 PM | Show all posts
Hrithik-Kareena to star together  

Popular Indian stars Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor will reunite in a new Bollywood film to be directed by first-time director Zoya Akhtar, a newspaper report said yesterday.

Hrithik and Kareena steamed up the screen when they last worked together in the 2001 hit film Kabhi Khushi, Kabhi Gham.

The media then was abuzz with stories that the two were having an affair. The two stars denied the rumours, and for the next five years refused to work together because of all the talk, the Times of India said.

But with Akhtar's debut film, the two said they felt compelled to take part. Akhtar has reportedly said she was keen to have the two in her film and lobbied the pair to take part.

"it will be a nice experience working with Kareena again," Hrithik was quoted as saying in the daily. "People liked us in Kabhi Khushi, Kabhi Gham."

"Hrithik is a very good actor and I am looking forward to working with him again," Kareena said.

Hrithik and Kareena will play the lead roles in the yet-to-be titled film that is expected to be released by early 2007.

Hrithik Roshan

Kareena Kapoor

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 09:19 PM | Show all posts
Black buck case: Salman, Saif to appear in court

A Jodhpur court has directed actors Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan and four other stars to appear before it on February 20 for framing of charges in a 1997 black buck killing case.
The direction was issued by Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in Jodhpur, Salman's lawyer Dipesh Mehta, said in Mumbai on Wednesday.

The other stars who have been directed to appear along with Salman and Saif are Neelam, Tabbu, Sonali Bhendre and Satish Shah.

The actors are facing the charges of killing four black bucks in Rajasthan where they had gone for a film shooting in 1997.

Salman was arrested earlier in the case and granted bail while others had secured anticipatory bail, Mehta said.

Salman Khan

Saif Ali Khan

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 09:22 PM | Show all posts
Vivek Oberoi As Cassius In Vishal Bhardwaj's Othello

Though everyone associated with the film is tightlipped, news about stars jumping into Vishal Bhardwaj's Shakespearean bandwagon continues to leak out.

For Omkara his rural North Indian adaptation of Iago , the director has zeroed in on an actor to play Cassius, the Roman emperor from Shakespeare's tragedy. And it's none other than Vivek Oberoi!

Vivek has just completed Indra Kumar's Pyare Mohan . Vivek is gung-ho about his second comedy with 'Induji'.

"It going great grins," Vivek puns from Bangkok,adding, "Some people had a problem identifying with the risqu

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 09:38 PM | Show all posts
Tabu: Me, Myself and Radio

It is said that intelligent people have eccentric choices. This can very well be seen among the people in our film industry as well.

If you are a real film buff catching up with every other film magazine and tabloids available, you must have definitely come across one of the most commonly asked questions to the stars being 'What is the first thing you do in the morning?' The most common replies that we usually hear from the stars range from 'Oh! I have to drink a mug of hot coffee' to 'I weigh myself to know if I've put on weight when I was sleeping' to 'I look in the mirror and say I love myself to myself'.

But one reply that got us on alert immediately was the one that came from the very smart Tabu. Tabu says that the first thing she does as she wakes up in the morning is turning on her Radio. She says that she lets her room get filled with music as she is waking up.

Well, that's not all! Tabu also ends her day listening to this melodious medium. In fact, she is so obsessed with the medium that she leaves it playing all night and goes to sleep. Now that is some hobby. Not every star would confess listening to a radio unless of course when live on some radio station.

Such replies give us a great sense relief. It at least assures us that there are some female stars in the industry who have something more in life than just playing with their oh-cho-cute pet dogs.  

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 09:42 PM | Show all posts
Kamal Haasan, Rajni bow to their guru

K Balachander is an institution by himself in Tamil cinema, and his filmography -- 100 films in the last 42 years -- is more like a school to an entire generation of actors and directors.

Hundreds of new students were discovered and trained by the schoolmaster, and the most famous among them are the two actors named Kamal Haasan and Rajnikanth, who have dominated the Tamil film industry for more than three decades now.

Balachander's faithful students like to say they belong to the K B family, and one such family member is the National Award-winning actor Prakash Raj. Raj's production company Duet Movies is on a high after the stupendous success of its last production Kanda Naal Muthal, directed by debutante Priya.

Raj lovingly coaxed his guru to direct a film for Duet Movies, Balachander's 101st film, titled Poi. Actually, Balachander had titled it Ialamai Poigal. When music director Vidyasagar heard of the title, he asked, 'Sir, why don't you have the title as just Poi?'

K B loved the simple Poi.

When Raj planned a big ceremony to launch the music of Poi, K B was against it. But when he was told that his two famous disciples -- Haasan and Rajni -- would be there at the function, he agreed.

What Raj organised was a huge affair. People from Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala were brought to Chennai, and the area near the University Centenary Stadium looked as if an election meeting was taking place.

The backdrop of the stage was pasted with stills from all the 101 films K B has directed, and the most prominent was his latest. Naturally, the veteran filmmaker felt "emotional" and "nostalgic".

If the audio launch of Rajni's Chandramukhi was the grandest function of 2005, this one can easily be called the biggest event so far this year for Tamil cinema. The main drawback of the do, though, was its late start and slow pace. The duration of the event really tested the patience of the people.

Though almost all of K B's 'students' -- from Saritha to Geetu Mohandas -- were in attendance, only Jayanthi, Nagesh, Sivakumar, lyricist Valee, Haasan, Rajniknath and Balachander himself were on the dais. Speaker after speaker sang paeans of K B, and finally it was time to release the album.

By then, Vidyasagar, the music composer, had also come on stage. The hero of Poi Uday Kiran, Vimala Raman and Geetu Mohandas brought the audio cassettes. Kiran handed over the tapes to Haasan, who released them by giving a copy to Rajnikanth.

The speeches by Haasan and Rajni were scheduled last -- so nobody left the hall before the ceremony ended. Haasan started by calling his guru a rajarishi (royal saint). Haasan remembered that he was introduced to K B by Gemini Ganesan. "It was entirely he who unearthed my talent and showed it to the world," confessed a grateful Haasan.

The moment Rajnikanth rose to give his speech, the hall burst into applause. In fact, every time the superstar's name was uttered by anyone, it was greeted with thunderous applause. "Like Dronacharya said, it is the guru who selects the shishyas and not the other way round. He [K B] selected us and we are fortunate to be his shishyas," was Rajni's tribute.

Rajni also congratulated Prakash Raj for doing something that he could never do himself -- produce a film for his guru.

By the time the event got over, it was late at night. But you could still see thousands of people sitting patiently inside the premises and even on the road to catch a glimpse of the stars (mainly Rajnikanth) getting into their cars!

Kamal Hassan

Rajnikanth

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 16-2-2006 05:16 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 09:43 PM | Show all posts
Arshad and Maria on the small screen together

The lovable duo of Arshad Warsi and Maria Goretti will soon be seen onscreen together. The duo are coming together to anchor Star Gold抯 awards show, Sabse Favourite Kaun. It is nothing new for Warsi since he has been hosting this particular show since two years. The actor抯 association with the show goes back a long way and he is very dedicated. In fact, he took some time off from a shooting schedule in Bangkok, just for this show. Talking about working with his wife, the actor joked that he would finally be exposed since his wife makes a much better host than him. The couple is currently shooting for the show. The promos were shot recently.

Arshad Warsi

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-2-2006 09:46 PM | Show all posts
Court issues summons to Shilpa Shetty, Reema Sen

After south Indian actress, Khushboo, who was in the midst of controversy recently for making some remarks on 'premarital sex', Bollywood actresses, Shilpa Shetty and Reema Sen, got into trouble, when a city court today issued them summons in connection with the publication of "obscene pictures" in a Tamil eveninger.

Acting on a complaint made by an advocate, T Dakshinamoorthy, Judicial Magistrate Seetaraman, directed the actresses and the publisher of the eveninger, 'Tamil Murasu', R N Murugan, to appear before the court on March 10.

The petitioner had submitted that the paper had carried "sexy blow ups" and "medium posters" in its issues on seven days in December and January.

This has violated Section 3 and 4 of the Indecent Representation of women(prohibition) Act and Sec 3 of Young persons Harmful Publications Act and IPC sec 292 (Sale of Obscene books), the petition said.

Apart from "misleading the youth, the pictures would also increase violence against women", the petition added.

The pictures should be confiscated under the provisions of the Press and registration of Books Act, 1967, it further demanded.

Shilpa Shetty

Reema Sen

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 09:53 PM | Show all posts
An afternoon with kids!

Priyanka Chopra has a heart of gold.

In spite of her very tight shooting schedule, Priyanka makes some time available for the society she lives in.

Recently the Bollywood actress spent a full afternoon with some under privileged children, making them feel proud of themselves.

Priyanka watched her recently released 態luffmaster

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 10:00 PM | Show all posts
Good Girls!

If you approach Rani for doing ramp-walk, we are dead sure you will be disappointed. She will refuse you upright, no use how big amount you have offered for that.In parties, premiere shows or press meets, she hardly seen in skimpy dresses. She loves to rock in sari though without showing mid-riff.All bold scenes she has done, have received high critical acclaims. Simply titillating audiences is not her way.Rani is truly a good girl in the tinsel town.Do you think otherwise?

She has an affair with director Vikram Bhatt. She has been romantically linked up with singer Adnan Sami.And the legal feud with her parents has hit the headlines many times.Despite all the scandals, Aamisha, till date, however has kept her good girl image intact on screen.After 慘aho Na Pyaar Hai

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 10:04 PM | Show all posts
New-wed couples!

In last three months four Bollywood stars

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 10:42 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052390 second(s), 38 queries .