Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 5-6-2007 10:31 AM | Show all posts
When will Salman Khan Bell this Kat?
Katrina Kaif and Salman and have never publicly admitted that there is something more than just casual friendship between them. Yet there is a huge media frenzy over their wedding plans.

Lately, the duo have been been painting the town, red, blue, pink and yellow. Just last week, Salman walked into a Mumbai hotel in a body-hugging T-shirt with Katrina in a casual tee and tight jeans for a quiet Italian meal.

The week before that, the two were seen with Boney Kapoor's son Arjun at another nightspot. But in spite of rumours, the two seemed to be in no hurry to get married.

At a time when Salman seems to be at the fag end of his career with bags under his eyes, Katrina is just zooming ahead with some big films under her belt. So the question is why will Kat marry him at this juncture when she's poised for the big leap?

She's dubbed for all her films, but we hope Katrina can give this answer to Sallu in her own voice. When? No one knows.

Salman Khan

Katrina Kaif

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-6-2007 10:33 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%][tr][td=2,1]Shilpa trashes Akki rumours[/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1]IIFA this year at Yorkshire plans to honour Shilpa for her global impact after Big Brother.

True to her nature, Shilpa is oblivious of what awaits her at IIFA. "But then when have I ever known what lies in store for me ahead?

I'm busy preparing my act. Shiamak Davar is choreographing me. A solo act, mind you, " she stresses, cutting down rumours that she plans to dance with Akshay Kumar at IIFA. "No way! I'm doing one solo act. That's it."

Shilpa has had a major reprieve from her legal wrangles, thanks to the Supreme Court's decision to transfer all the cases pending against her for the Richard Gere kiss to Mumbai. And now the look-out note against Shilpa has also been revoked. Shilpa has never felt freer.

"I feel I can breathe easy. The past few weeks have been so stressful. The honorable judge has made sure that his verdict isn't just a relief to me but all those who are similarly harassed."

"It's a really really good thing. I'm so happy to see our legal system being so fair to someone like me who's constantly been harassed by PILs and legal notices

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 10:36 AM | Show all posts
'I can do anything for Salman'
Producer Sajid Nadiadwala has shifted the release date of his much awaited "Heyy Babyy" from July 27 to Aug 24 to accommodate close friend Salman Khan's international movie "Marigold".

A reliable source said: "When Nadiadwala learnt that Salman's 'Marigold' would be releasing July 27 and the actor's 'Partner' will follow it around July 20, he decided to release his film in August."

The producer confirmed the news saying: "Salman is like family to me. It would only be my pleasure to do anything for him. And hence we have confirmed the release of 'Heyy Babyy' in August."

Incidentally, "Heyy Babyy", directed by Sajid Khan, is creating waves in the distribution circle. His trump card is the star cast of the film - Akshay Kumar, Fardeen Khan, Riteish Deshmukh and Vidya Balan.

Those who have seen the rushes reveal that Akshay, who is paired for the first time with Vidya, revels in his role and will be a big box office draw.

Fardeen has proven his mettle in "No Entry" and Riteish has been a hit in entertainers like "Masti", "Bluffmaster" and "Apna Sapna Money Money". With Sajid Khan at the helm of the film, "Heyy Babyy" is expected to take the killer combination further.

A special song with superstar Shah Rukh Khan will be another high point of the film.

"I have made the film putting myself in the audience's shoes. I have tried to slip into the skin of the audience. I want to entertain them. In fact, the characters of Akshay, Fardeen and Riteish reflects different aspects of my personality," said Sajid Khan.

The romantic comedy has also been in the news for a special song featuring 21 actresses.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 11:39 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%][tr][td=2,1]Only Aishwarya Rai could do that: Minissha Lamba[/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1]After the success of 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd', Minissha Lamba heads straight into her latest flick 'Anamika' which is an adaptation of Daphne du Maurier's classic English novel Rebecca.

Q: How much do you relate to you character Jia Rao?
A: Without losing audience empathy, it was a fine line and also this film is adapted from a literally classic. We are doing an adaptation of a book.

It is a classic that we are adapting to modern day sensibilities, to a modern day film so that it holds ground even today.

We will not be wondering as to what we are watching; that this is something that should have been made years ago. It is a modern day adaptation of a classic English novel Rebecca.

Q: How was the experience working with Ananth Mahadevan?
A: It was extremely good and I抣l tell you primarily why. He was a fab director because he is an expert in telling emotional stories with limited characters. He is a director who is capable of getting into the core of the matter for any kind of subject. He is knowledgeable and he knows everything about films.

We shot in one of the most beautiful places possible that was Bikaner and Gajner palace. I really do not know why people go abroad. We have so much beauty in our country, we have so many fabulous places that we can go to.

We shot in Gajner palace and this is the only place that I would like to go back to with that special someone in my life. It is a place that just won me over.

Q: Tell us about the character.
A: This girl is someone who lives in the city and when she meets Dino Morea抯 character, it is a beautiful romance. She is then transported to Gajner where they live. It seems like a fairly tale, a perfect marriage until it goes back to where she is living.

There she realizes that there are many secrets, lies and undercurrents of things that are not right in that place. It becomes life threatening for her. Dino

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 11:39 AM | Show all posts
My Favorites: Ishaa Koppikar
Q: Your favourite perfume?
A: Narsico Rodriguez, Michael Kors.

Q: Your favourite car?
A: Red Ferrari

Q: Your favourite holiday destination?
A: Goa

Q: Your favourite eating joint?
A: There are loads of them. Chinese at Taj Lands End

Q: Your favourite Dish?
A: Prawn curry and rice.

Q: Your favourite film?
A: Mr.India

Q: Your favourite actor?
A: Amitabh Bachchan.

Q: Your favourite exercise regimen?
A: Eat right and work out five times a week.

Q: Your favourite film roles?
A: Mother India, Kajol in Kuck Kuch Hota Hai and kind of roles Sanjay Leela Bhansali gives his actresses to portray, those very Indian kinds with loads of jewellery. I am donning the same look in Kalpana Lajimi抯 film.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 11:43 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%][tr][td=2,1]'Salman has more at stake...'[/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1]Arbaaz Khan started as an anti-hero in Abbas-Mastan's Daraar. Ever since then he has been pretty much typecast as the serious guy even in the comic films with his brothers

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 5-6-2007 11:44 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%][tr][td=2,1]Please don't use my name: Bipasha[/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1]Bipasha Basu is thrilled to be socially relevant

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 11:46 AM | Show all posts
[table=98%][tr][td=2,1]Abhishek, Bobby enact Jai-Veeru in Jhoom Barabar Jhoom[/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1]For the first time Abhishek Bachchan and Bobby Deol acted together in Shaad Ali's forthcoming movie 揓hoom Barabar Jhoom

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-6-2007 12:31 PM | Show all posts
For the first time Hrithik Roshan is going to do an item number
Rakesh Roshan has declared that Raja Sen will direct his next film 'Krazy 4' and Hrithik isn't doing the lead role also. Rajesh Roshan will score the music for it. For the first time Hrithik is going to do an item number. "Rakesh Roshan is planning a lavish song for Krazy 4 which stars Arshad Warsi, Irfan Khan, Rajpal Yadav and Juhi Chawla among others. The song will be shot on a huge set as it will be Hrithik's first real item number and that too in his father film," informs a close source. The film will go on floors on June 24.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 12:34 PM | Show all posts
Shilpa Shetty is Mirchi Achiever
It's not every Bollywood star who quotes a dead Victorian British prime minister to make her point, but Shilpa Shetty has a way of doing the unexpected.

The 32-year-old actor is this year's Mirchi Achiever for keeping her head when all around her were losing theirs

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 12:35 PM | Show all posts
My presence can't make 'Metro' a crossover movie: Shilpa Shetty

Shilpa Shetty 's first post Celebrity Big Brother release Metro has been a bit of an under-performer overseas, but the actress refuses to take the responsibility and says its unfair to assume that her presence can make it a crossover film.

"I believe it's done very well. As for London, it was wrong to believe that my presence would turn a Bollywood film into a crossover film. It isn't possible," Shilpa told a news agency.

"For a film to make an impact abroad requires at least three months of groundwork. How could I be expected to turn a film into a success? And by just holding a premiere at Leicester Square one can't get non-Indian audiences interested.

"It was rated PG 15 in England, which meant families couldn't see 'Metro'. Out there they don't have servants to take care of kids while grownups go out. Nevertheless, 'Metro' is going to make back its money," she added.

Shilpa then made a pertinent point, "It's surprising that Anurag Basu , who comes from a small town (Bhilai), has actually conceived film that's so modern and metro-centric."

The buzz is that "Big Brother" hasn't translated into any really major film offers for Shilpa in Bollywood.

"It's my choice to do the amount of work that I'm doing. At the moment my hands are completely full. And let me remind you, before or after 'Big Brother', I always did only two films a year."

Shilpa said she has exhausted her quota for this year with 慚etro

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 12:36 PM | Show all posts
Mallika Sherawat asks big money for a small role

Mallika Sherawat seems to have become pricey ever since she signed her first Hollywood movie three months back.

While Mallika抯 high-headedness is not something new, the sex kitten has been on a high pedestal since she signed Hollywood movie Unveiled , to be directed by Bill Bannerman, who has worked as associate director under Clint Eastwood.
Having clinched such a big project, Mallika has been making quite unreasonable demands for her acting fee in Bollywood.

She is reported to have charge a hefty sum for her rather marginal role in Himesh Reshammiya抯 movie Aap Ka Suroor .

But nothing comes close to the money she demanded from the makers of The Train for just a small cameo in the film.

Director Hasnain Hyderabadwala had approached Mallika with the offer of just a one-scene appearance at the movie抯 end. Mallika was not even required to shoot for an entire day. An hour抯 shooting at the most would have been enough to shoot her scene with Emraan Hashmi.

For this cameo appearance, Hyderabadwala had an offer of Rs 10 lakh for Mallika. But the busty babe gave the director a shock of his life by demanding Rs 1.25 crore.

Hyderabadwala was stunned because even the collective payment to the movie抯 three actors, Emraan Hashmi , Geeta Basra and Sayali Bhagat , doesn抰 come anywhere close to the sum quoted by Mallika.

And when producer Shyam Bajaj heard about Mallika抯 demand, he had a hearty laugh.

The cameo was eventually shot with another girl.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 12:39 PM | Show all posts
Is Harman Baweja aping Hrithik?

The facial and physical similarity between newcomer Harman Baweja and Hrithik Roshan is unmistakable.

He抯 got a long face, square jaw, pointy nose and broad forehead just like Hrithik. Harman Baweja could pass off as the younger brother of Hrithik.
The newcomer is fond of keeping stubble that increases his facial resemblance to Hrithik. And if reports are to be believed, Harman even likes to move, talk and walk like Hrithik.

This was reportedly noticed by a few guests at Karan Johar抯 birthday party a few days back. One guest is quoted as saying that Harman was trying to conduct himself like Hrithik all through the party.

In fact, sources go on to say that Harman is keen on building his image as a reliable action star. Even his first movie Love Story 2050 , which is being made by Harman抯 dad Harry Baweja, will have him doing some daredevil stunts.

慙ove Story 2050

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 12:39 PM | Show all posts
Bipasha Basu in a film on gender confusion

Bipasha Basu is acting in a film based on the subject of gender confusion.

Director Sudipto Chattopadhyay抯 film Pankh deals with a very pertinent issue. The movie is based on a real life case of child actor Ashish Channa who was in reality a girl but played boy roles in movies and television serials. In order to get Ashish roles in films, her mother would often pass her off as a boy. This gender confusion got to such a point that Ashish抯 father had to intervene.

In 慞ankh

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 12:41 PM | Show all posts
Amisha Patel's absence from show triggers mob violence

Angry over Bollywood actress Amisha Patel 's absence from a charity dance show where she was scheduled to perform, hundreds of spectators went on a rampage at the venue of the function in an indoor stadium in Surat, police said on Sunday.

A large number of people had thronged at the venue on Saturday night for the well-publicised programme and had also paid huge amount for the tickets to watch Amisha and other TV stars perform, they said.

After they came to know that Amisha had not turned up, people began hurling abuses at the organiser and also ransacked the premises, they said.

However, no one was injured in the incident, but the state-of-the art stadium was badly damaged, police said. The irate crowd also demanded a refund from the organiser.

Local police refused to lodge a complaint against Amisha and told organisers of the show that a complaint would have to be lodged in Mumbai as the contract of the show was finalised there.

Police, however, said they would lodge a case against those who ransacked the stadium, they added.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 11:41 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 12:42 PM | Show all posts
Shilpa Shetty reinstalls Kalika Mathe Idol at Suwarna Temple

The sanctuary of Shree Kalika Mathe was inaugurated by actress Shilpa Shetty at Panch Kutir Suvarna Temple in Powai here on Sunday May 27.

The idol was reinstalled on the occasion. At the inauguration ceremony actress Shilpa Shetty, her mother Sunanda Shetty and temple Dharmadhikari were present to reinstall the idol.

This came in the wake of the widening of the Adi Shankaracharya Marg (ADS Marg) under JVLR section 2. Part of the temple complex has to be given in the widening process. It could not have been any better to get the 態ig Brother

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-6-2007 12:50 PM | Show all posts
[table=98%][tr][td]Abhishek Bachchan watches 'Pirates of Caribbean

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 12:50 PM | Show all posts
Kajol set to sizzle again

She defied the myth that a married heroine can ever regain success at the box-office and came back last year with the blockbuster 'Fanaa', only to prove everybody wrong. Kajol is now all set to storm the big screen again.

She will be seen in a pivotal role in Shah Rukh Khan's 'Om Shanti Om' with SRK. The two are considered to be one of the best on-screen pairs of Indian Cinema.

Kajol will also be seen with hubby Ajay Devgan in his directorial debut film 'U Me aur Hum'. She is also one of the most sought after stars in the ad world. This week she shot for the Alpinelebe brand of toffees as her new endorsement.

Talks are also on for a couple of films and more endorsements. Undoubtedly, Kajol is all set to sizzle again as before.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 12:52 PM | Show all posts
Big woes for Big B

Recently a Faizabad court in UP ruled that Amitabh Bachchan is not a farmer and hence he has no right to buy farmland in the state. Following that ruling, the Maharashtra Government has requested a detailed report from the Uttar Pradesh Government to initiate a probe against Amitabh Bachchan's land deal in Maharashtra.

In 2000, the land was purchased in the name of Amitabh and his son Abhishek. The UP land allotment was used as a certificate to establish himself as a farmer.

As per Government norms nobody can acquire agricultural land if he is not a farmer.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2007 12:54 PM | Show all posts
Shilpa honoured by Radio Mirchi

At the Radio Mirchi young achievers forum, Shilpa Shetty was honoured and sharing the spotlight with her were stars like Dharmendra and Anil Kapoor. Life has not been the same for Shilpa Shetty ever since her Big Brother win. Her career graph has been steadily on the rise since then.

Despite the presence of the other glittering stars, there was no doubt that it was Shilpa, who really turned out to be the flavour of the evening and she more than revelled in the attention. Faced with an avalanche of questions, Shilpa was sharp on her responses.

On being asked about the by now notorious Richard Gere-Shilpa Shetty kiss controversy, Shilpa in her trademark cool panache retorted, "Richard Gere is the one, who kissed me. I didn't kiss him. So how can you hold me responsible?" This forthright statement of hers evoked peals of laughter from amidst the audience present.

All in all, it was an evening with a sparkling concoction of some serious chat, honest answers and a bit of drama sprinkled with loads of fun moments. The evening could be quite comparable to a typical Bollywood masala potboiler.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

12-5-2024 06:55 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.074234 second(s), 41 queries .