Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 27-9-2005 03:33 PM | Show all posts
Sush wins Pakistani hearts

No sooner than Vajpayee did his best to better Indo-Pak relations than the movement was strengthened following the cricket diplomacy and the visit of Bollywood stars there. Now, Sushmita Sen is a craze there with the youths after the exhibition of her movie 'Main Hoon Naa'.Even her movie's DVD is reaching homes in Pakistan though clandestinely, according to reports received from Lahore and Karachi.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:42 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-9-2005 03:35 PM | Show all posts
Karan, Ramu's confidence in Abhishek

Abhishek Bachchan and Rani Mukherji have paired in the recently released movie 'Yuva' . Their performances have earned dividends for them. The audiences are crazy to watch both in the movie. Besides , critics have also appreciated their acting. Even film personality like Karan Johar is all praise for Bachchan junior and his colleage Rani . Are other directors and producers listening? Why not sign the pair for forthcoming movies?

Abhishek Bachan

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 03:25 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 03:38 PM | Show all posts
BHUMIKA CHAWLA IN 'DIL NE JISE APNA KAHA'

The heroine of super hit film 'Tere Naam' Bhumika Chawla does not need any sort of introduction. She is coming soon in'Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha'. Earlier, she made a place for herself in the cut-throat competition in the film industry. The film 'Tera Naam' with Salman Khan brought her to the limelight. It is not that 'Tera Naam' was her first film or first appearance before the camera. In fact, she has faced camera several times before. Never in her wild dreams, had she ever thought one day would she join film industry, she said. Being the daughter of an army officer, discipline, beauty, intellect and acting is in her blood. In her holidays she came to a relative staying in Mumbai. Her relative insisted to take part in the beauty contest. Later, it changed the entire life of Bhumika. She had never thought that the small step in the beauty context would usher her in a new life.

Since then she never looked back. She was offered ad films. Later, several producers offered to sign her for their movies. Her first movie was in Telegu. There she bore the impression of a Punjabi girl. At first she had language problem, but it was overcome very soon. Her second film was also in Telegu, the movie bombed the cinema halls. The movie bagged her the best actress award. Then came 'Tera Naam', which added a feather in her cap. Now, she is doing another movie opposite Salman Khan. The name of the movie is 'Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha'. Ninety per cent of the movie is complete. Bhumika Chawla is a fan of Salman!

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 03:43 PM | Show all posts
BIPASHA LEAVES NOTHING FOR IMAGINATION

Viewers beware! Bollywood will soon have its sexiest film. This movie of Bipasha will surpass all the hottest ones noticed so far. The movie is rightly titled 'No Entry'. According to industry pundits, Bipasha's 'No Entry' will break not only all old records of her sexy movies, but she would give back seat to smooch queen Mallika Sherawat who became hot in Bollywood after her debut movie 'Khwahish', containing more than a dozen of smooches. According to industry sources, Bipasha has worn almost no clothe in her forthcoming 'No Entry'.

She is the most sensational hostess in the movie putting behind the smooch queen Mallika Sherwat, who began this game of hot scenes in 'Khwahish' by enacting more than a dozen smooches in her movie. Then it became a fashion to excel each other in enacting bold scenes. It is learnt that the viewers would soon forget the hot scenes of ' Murder' now talked about in theater halls. Bipasha has left nothing for imagination in her latest. But keep patience until you watch her in 'No Entry'.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-12-2006 04:32 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 03:48 PM | Show all posts
Amisha Patel and her mom

As reported earlier, the relations between Amisha Patel and her mom have not been very cordial. While her mom got annoyed with Amisha when she went to live with Vikram Bhatt following her comeback from her overseas shooting with Bhatt. According to sources close to the family, Amisha's mummy is scared of her daughter getting married to Vikram Bhatt . If this happens then Amisha's mom will have to close the kitchen door for her daughter as the former doesn't want Amisha to get married until Asmit Patel, brother of Amisha Patel, is properly settled in his filmi career.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:42 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 03:51 PM | Show all posts
Indian movie star Patel says Richard Gere is dream date

Popular Hindi movie star Amisha Patel says Hollywood celebrity Richard Gere is her dream date, a newspaper reported Monday.

Patel made the confession during a chat with her fans on the online edition of the Times of India, the newspaper said. Patel said she looked for "loyalty, wit, understanding and respect" as qualities in a man.

Patel made her debut in Hindi movies with the 1999 blockbuster Kaho Na Pyar Hai, or Say There is Love.

She has since acted in nearly a dozen films. The latest is The Rising, an English-language colonial epic that is said to be one of the most expensive Indian films ever made.

Amisha Patel

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-12-2006 04:34 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 27-9-2005 04:14 PM | Show all posts
ESHA DEOL NEVER LOOKED BETTER

The Deol family has been very lucky for some time. While Dharmendra and his wife (though second one) Hema Malini, have reached Parliament, her sons have been doing well too in Bollywood. The family girl Esha is not behind. She has rather made a more rapid progress. Esha Deol has never looked better, and she knows it. "I took a couple of months off last year, cut myself off from the industry and groomed myself," she says. Meanwhile, she brushed up on Urdu, kickboxing and working out. Zayed Khan has claimed that he introduced Esha to gym.

He says it took six months to make her try a different trainer. "I used to be very apprehensive about going to a local gym but now the trainer's my best friend." Incidentally, while her two brothers --- Sunny and Bobby -- canvassed a lot with the voters in Bikaner to get votes for their father, Esha was completely absent from the scene. "I was in town during that whole period. I was shooting, so I missed most of the buzz. Also, politics is not my cup of tea. I don't understand it", she asserted. However, she was constantly in touch with her mother.

"So I know how hard she worked. It's not easy to crisscross the country addressing gatherings. I am very proud of both of them. After being in the limelight for so long, they are now doing their bit for the country." But life's never easy for a star daughter. When Esha joined the industry with 'Naa Tum Jaano Naa Hum' about two years ago, she had both bouquets as well as brickbats. Though the critics said that Hema Malini and Dharmendra's daughter could act, much was said about how she looked. "I was just 18 and I still had some baby fat." So she decided to shed her extra fat.

However, in this context, she said that all depends how one takes it. She for herself asserts, "If I'm watching a movie and I don't like someone's clothes, I comment too. It depends on how one reacts to it. I reacted positively and did something about it." This is indeed a professional approach. In her recently released movie 'Yuva', the critics have appreciated Esha's role. In the near future too, she has a number of movies lined up for release like 'Dhoom', 'Sipahi', 'No Entry' and 'Dus'.

She is banking for a hit out of them as she needs one urgently to support sustain her in the industry. In fact, she claims to have stopped signing on new movies unless that one is going to be a hit. "I'm honest enough to admit that I need a hit. During my break, I stopped signing films because I realized I couldn't go on like this. I had to stop and make a fresh beginning." However, the luck has favored her now as reported earlier. How else Mani Ratnam repeated Esha for the Hindi version of his 'Ayutha Ezhuthu' in 'Yuva'.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:43 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 04:26 PM | Show all posts
擶orld's Biggest Movie Star

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-9-2005 04:42 PM | Show all posts
GOVINDA, THE MP, NOT TO QUIT FILMS

The ever-smiling actor-turned-politician has said that he has no intention of quitting the film industry. This is to recall that Govinda has been recently elected to the Lok Sabha from Mumbai after defeating a BJP bigwig Ram Naik, former Union minister for petroleum. The film industry started speculating that Govinda might shift to politics from films, as his movies have not been doing so well these days. Govinda has blasted this myth by making it clear that he would continue to be in the industry, which has stood by him for so many years. "The industry gave me my bread and butter for 16 years. This gave me the chance to look after my mother. I wouldn't say I needed to change my screen image. I wouldn't even say I needed a change." So he would never leave his filmi career what may come.

The actor becomes emotional while refuting the reports of his quitting cinema for politics circulating in the film industry. He says that movies are his roots, and he would never part with them. After his success in the Lok Sabha poll, a gossip started taking round in the corridors of film industry that Govinda might be made the information and broadcasting minister due to his proximity and unflinching loyalty for Congress president Sonia Gandhi. However, the situation is clear now as already the Union cabinet is formed with Sunil Dutt as minister representing the film industry. Even before that Govinda had set at rest all speculations about his joining the Union cabinet. He has commented that he believes that politics is not a child's play. One needs to have a sound foundation to grow in politics. Moreover, he has joined politics on the motivation of the Gandhi family.

In this respect, he says, "The love that Madam Sonia gives me by treating me like a child in her own family is more than I hope for?" So any ministerial portfolio or any other government position or favour are immaterial to him. Govinda elaborated that he entered politics only because of his faith in the Gandhi family. "I joined politics only because Sonia Gandhi and her party asked me to." This sows Govinda's regard for Sonia Gandhi and her party, and distinguishes his support to her from other actors and actresses who canvassed for political parties in the Lok Sabha polls. However, the government would certainly consider giving him some coveted office related to the film industry. Maybe those who had been nominated to such positions during the NDA regime might resign making place for him.

Govinda has said that he would now devote himself fully for the welfare of his electorate. "Let me first start working for my constituency." He is pretty sure that he would return the love they bestowed on him during his election recently. He is confident that he would succeed in his mission of serving his electorate, as he is incorruptible and sincere. When asked how he would serve his constituency, he gave the list of his priorities. He would build in his constituency a school and a hospital, besides providing drinking water and other amenities to the residents there, he added.

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 04:57 PM | Show all posts
Launch of Pure Voices by Dia Mirza

SAREGAMA INDIA LIMITED launch of its album PURE VOICES at a glittering function to be attended by Dia Mirza and other bollywood personalities, musicians and singers On Friday, 23rd Sept 05 at THE CLUB - Mumbai.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-12-2006 04:35 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 05:06 PM | Show all posts
Salman in seven roles?

Salman Khan is going through the best phase professionally. A day is not complete without hearing that so-and-so producer/director has approached the soft-hearted Khan with a film offer.

Since we抳e been sworn to secrecy, we wouldn抰 reveal much about the new project that Salman has been approached for. But we would like to reveal some exclusive info on the film, which, we抮e sure, will catch you by surprise.

The film-maker in question, who has just delivered a hit with Salman, has approached the actor with a script that will have the protagonist essaying seven different roles in the film. We抳e heard of double and triple roles, but seven roles

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 05:20 PM | Show all posts
Saif may beat SRK abroad!

Saif Ali Khan, who is following Shah Rukh Khan's footsteps abroad as a highly durable Bollywood star, scored his first $1 million solo hit in North America with Salaam Namaste. In the process, he beat other successful desi films, including Aamir Khan's Mangal Pandey (about $1 million), and may soon trounce Shah Rukh's Swades (about $1.2 million).

But Salaam Namaste may not be able to beat Shah Rukh's Paheli, that grossed an awesome $1.5 million in North America. With Saif's current hit, and Parineeta and Hum Tum right behind them, the 34-year-old now ranks as the second most bankable star abroad after Shah Rukh.

Showcasing Salaam Namaste

The romantic comedy Salaam Namaste, which also stars Preity Zinta, has grossed about $1.1 million in 17 days in North America and $1 million in the United Kingdom. The Yash Raj film has become a hot favourite with teenagers. It may end its run in the two highly lucrative overseas territories with a strong $2.5 million gross. It had a more formidable performance in UK since it was shown there only on about 36 screens, while it was on more than 60 screens in North America. With at least $1.5million expected from Australia, Hong Kong, South Africa, Germany and the Gulf, you have a formidable hit with a $4 million gross outside India.

"There is an air of haplessness in him that is instantly appealing," says London-based novelist Hari Kunzru, who liked Saif in Hum Tum, and would love to see him play the lead of a nerdish IT worker in the film adaptation of the novel, Transmission. Saif has the makings of a formidable character actor and not just a baby-faced hero, he feels, adding that Saif is far more naturalistic than other Bollywood actors who are considerably hotter at home.

Saif's first solo hit abroad, Hum Tum with Rani Mukerji, grossed about $800,000 in North America last year. In the United Kingdom, it grossed over $1 million. The film, directed by Kunal Kohli, was written by Siddharth Raj Anand who made his debut as a director with Salaam Namaste.

A powerful testimonial for Saif's growing box-office clout was the $1.8 million gross tearjerker Parineeta, made on two sides of the Atlantic. Unlike Hum Tum and Salaam Namaste, which had popular stars Rani Mukerji and Preity Zinta opposite him respectively, in Parineeta he was cast opposite newcomer Vidya Balan. Of course, Sanjay Dutt also added his own bit to the film, but Dutt is hardly a star abroad.

Interestingly, all three hits including Parineeta (Pradeep Sarkar) were directed either by first timers or relatively new helmers.

Shah Rukh Khan

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:51 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 05:31 PM | Show all posts
Cambridge callin' Aamir

Actor Aamir Khan has flown to London to lecture on Indian cinema at Cambridge University.

Aamir will be at Cambridge for three days. There will be one mammoth lecture, where he will address 1,000 people on the aspects of Indian cinema vis a vis creative processes like acting, writing, direction etc.

In addition, he will also conduct two smaller sessions with 25 selected members of the faculty. Three special dinners will be hosted for Aamir by the Dean, professors and other academics from the other universities in Cambridge.

Business will also see a bit of altruism, as after his stint at Cambridge, Aamir will help raise money for Pratham, a charitable organisation, for the welfare of destitute street children.

Aamir returns in a week's time to Mumbai to join the shoot of Kunal Kohli's Fanaah, which stars Kajol and Tabu in a special appearance. When it comes to newsmakers, you Khan't touch this one!  

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 05:35 PM | Show all posts
Jaya-Sushmita-Katrina for Dharam-Sunny-Bobby?

Anil Sharma has had a long association with the Deols. And his goodwill has managed to get all the three Deols to act in his next movie. Tentatively titled Apne, the film is produced by Rahul Sughand. A lil birdie told us that the actresses of the film are Jaya Prada, Sushmita Sen and Katrina Kaif! But when we spoke to Anil Sharma to get a confirmation he told us that the female leads of the movie have not yet been finalized. Lets wait and watch who抯 on Anil抯 list.

This is the first time that Dharmendra, Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol will be seen together onscreen. There were also rumors that this film is a remake of the old classic Chupke Chupke that again starred Dharmendra. However, Sharma flatly denied this rumor. Well, it doesn抰 really matter if it抯 a remake or not! As long as all the Deols are seen together onscreen!

Sushmita Sen

Katrina Kaif

Dharmendra

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:52 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 28-9-2005 01:25 PM | Show all posts
AISH OPENS INDIA PAVILION AT CANNES

Bollywood superstar and heartthrob of millions, Aishwarya Rai inaugurated the CII India Pavilion at the annual Cannes Film Festival, on May 14th. While inaugurating the India Pavilion, she said that this would help in creating awareness about Indian films, world-wide. "I'm proud to be here with the India Pavilion, with our people and our films, to increase awareness about our industry and what we have to offer."

On the occasion, Aishwarya also announced that Goa would be the new and permanent venue for the India International Film Festival. "We are having our festival in Goa, so it is a wonderful moment for us," she said, addressing the participants and media present on the occasion. The beauty queen said that she was happy to represent the Indian film industry and added that she had enjoyed her previous visits to the Cannes Film Festival.

She commented that that the Indian film industry should be promoted internationally, and efforts such as the India Pavilion at Cannes are an important step in that direction. Ms. Rai unwrapped CII's new magazine aimed at promoting the Indian film industry globally, 'Film India Worldwide'. Incidentally, she features on the cover of the first edition.

Ms. Neelam Kapur, Director, Indian International Film Festival and Mr. Bobby Bedi, CII National Entertainment Committee member and film producer, representing eight Indian companies exhibiting in the Cannes market as well as the Indian film industry, were also present. Major international television channels and publications attended the function besides members of the National Film Development Corporation, the Indian Embassy in France, and other representatives of the Indian entertainment industry.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 28-4-2006 05:30 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 28-9-2005 01:29 PM | Show all posts
SANJAY SURI EXCITED WITH 'MY BOLLYWOOD BRIDE'

Sanjay Suri will be soon noticed in his first foreign movie titled 'My Bollywood Bride'. This is an English film with a smattering of Hindi. He is proud to act with a Western actor named Jason Lewis of the 'Sex and the City' fame. 'My Bollywood Bride' is Sanjay's first Bollywood/Hollywood film. Sanjay is paired with Neha Dubey. The other pairing is Kashmira Shah, whose husband Brad Listermann, is producing the film, starring opposite Jason Lewis. The film will be directed by Rajiv Virani, a film maker. According to Sanjay, "My Bollywood Bride' is like a Hollywood film with Italian characters films. Whenever they're shown on screen they speak their language. This is the only way to achieve that crossover."

Actor Jason Lewis is funding the movie. Sanjay is very excited as he thinks that this movie would open another window in his career. He says that he has parallel love stories with Jason Lewis in the film. Regarding his forthcoming Hindi movies, Sanjay says he doesn't know if he is in or out of Pritish Nandy's 'Ashq'. He is ready for any producer to cast him. Besides, he has another film 'Situm' with a new director Raj Sharma, which is a thriller with Jimmy Shergill.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-9-2005 02:11 PM | Show all posts
MANISH TO CAST VIVEK - KAREENA PAIR

Kareena and Shahid Kapoor may be the talk of the town. As they do share an off-screen chemistry and soon they will be seen together in a couple of films. But the on-screen chemistry between Kareena Kapoor and Vivek Oberoi in Mani Ratnam's 'Yuva' is making people sit up and take notice, and the latest is that even designer- turned- film maker Manish Malhotra is quite impressed by their 'chemistry'. The designer, who is finishing his script along with Niranjan Iyengar, is planning to cast them in his directorial debut, produced by Sunil Darshan.

For now Manish is tightlipped about the casting. But he is willing to admit that Bebo and Vivek do share an amazing on-screen rapport. The film will have four male leads and three female leads, says Malhotra, adding, "My film will have a very cool, contemporary feel to it and be for 24-25 year olds. It will be a musical romance, something along the lines of a Hollywood extravaganza like 'Can Can '." The music for Manish's as yet untitled film is being composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. Manish is hoping to recreate the magic of 'Dil Chahta Hai' and 'Kal Ho Na Ho'.

One had heard that Shahid Kapoor and Kareena were to co-star in the film, but Shahid is apparently not doing the film. Malhotra says the rumor must have started because "Shahid is one of the best dancers in India today and mine is a musical with lots of dances in it." While Farha Khan will choreograph two of the dances, different choreographers will do the rest. Manish's cast might include newcomers, "but whether I take new comers or stars, I will need a lot of time from them for dance rehearsals and styling. Since I will be working on the look, hair and costumes of each character individually to make them look stylish and different, I want them to give me dates so that I can work on them with a lot of care and attention."

Manish has been busy with research of his film. "I have been watching a lot of movies and basically doing research on such musicals and choreography. When I was recently in New York I went to the Dance Academy there and found out a lot from them." The film will be launched next month and the shooting will start from December 2004. On the casting, Kareena says, cautiously though , "I am reading the script," while Oberoi says though Manish and he have been talking informally, he hasn't read the script yet. "I would love to do Manish's film," he says.

It's the first time that Vivek Oberoi and Kareena Kapoor are paired opposite each other in 'Yuva'. And the pair is looking absolutely scintillating in the promos. Though more on them will only be known once 'Yuva' is out and how the audiences rate the pair. But if we do see them in Manish's film then this pair can be compared to Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol.

Vivek Oberoi & Kareena Kapoor

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 12-11-2005 05:39 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 28-9-2005 02:29 PM | Show all posts
Karisma, husband settle their dispute over passport

NEW DELHI: The legal dispute between Bollywood actress Karisma Kapoor and her husband Sanjay Kapur over the issuance of a passport to their six-month-old daughter Samaira came to a happy end on Tuesday with the father agreeing to sign the application form. Originally it was signed only by the mother.

Sanjay Kapur, through his counsel Ashok H. Desai, told the Delhi High Court that he had agreed to sign the form and Karisma had given her consent. Following the submission, Justice Mukul Mudgal allowed his plea and directed him to file an affidavit as well as an application within two weeks at the Regional Passport Office in Mumbai.

Consequently, the Court also vacated its August 5 order restraining Karisma from taking Samaira along on foreign tours. Mr. Justice Mudgal directed the Union Government to inform the Immigration authorities in Mumbai about the vacation of the stay.

Earlier, counsel for Karisma and Sanjay Kapur jointly informed the Court that their clients had resolved the passport issue, and talks were progressing well on the other issues.

Mr. Justice Mudgal expressed his happiness over the settlement of the issue pending before the Court and appreciated the efforts made by Karisma and her husband as well as their respective counsel to resolve the dispute through talks.

"Resolution of marital disputes through talks is in the best interest of the court as well as the parties involved," Mr. Justice Mudgal observed.The marital dispute of the couple had reached the High Court in the garb of a petition by Sanjay Kapur challenging the issuance of passport to Samaira without his consent. Over several hearings the couple were counselled by the Judge to sort things out through talks - to which they eventually agreed.

Karisma Kapoor

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 03:34 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 28-9-2005 11:28 PM | Show all posts
Urmila Matondkar: An evening in Paris

Actor Urmila Matondkar gets set to floor the French

She抯 the oomph babe of Bollywood and doing not-so-bootylicious roles in the recent past hasn抰 in any way lessened Urmila Matondkar抯 sizzle quotient. And this time, she抯 all set to win hearts internationally, as she prepares to head to Paris, on the invite of fashion house Louis Vuitton, where she will be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Hollywood actor Uma Thurman. 揑 am pretty excited about it and am looking forward to it,

Use magic Report

Post time 28-9-2005 11:31 PM | Show all posts
Anupam, Urmila抯 script reading session

While on promotion, actor-producer Anupam Kher has devised a novel strategy to promote his new film Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara. The actor and his co-star in the film, Urmila Matondkar, will have a script reading session for a live audience on Wednesday, September 28 [today] at a suburban multiplex of Mumbai.

It means, Anupam and Urmila will read out important sequences from the film, as part of their promotion strategy. The film releases this Friday!

Anupam Kher

Urmila Matondkar

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 06:17 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066187 second(s), 41 queries .