Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 28-9-2005 11:33 PM | Show all posts
Popular actress Urmila Matondkar says she has had enough of 'serious' cinema

MUMBAI, India (AP) - Actress Urmila Matondkar is keen on acting in comedies and has had her fill of "serious" roles, a newspaper reported Wednesday.

Matondkar said she will look for lighter roles after finishing her latest project, Chamki, or Sparkle, a movie about an Indian tribal community that lives on the border with neighbouring Pakistan and takes part in smuggling and petty crime.

Another drama in which she starred, Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara, or I Did Not Kill Gandhi, is set to premiere on Oct. 2.

Matondkar plays the daughter of an elderly teacher who helps him cope with a childhood nightmare of being accused of killing Indian independence leader Mahatma Gandhi, who was assassinated in 1948 by a Hindu nationalist.

"I want to work in and out of comedies now," Matondkar told The Times of India's Mirror newspaper, adding that she had decided not to work in serious cinema anymore.

Matondkar, 32, started out in Bollywood as a six-year-old child actor and has starred in more than 50 movies.

She branched out into arthouse movies to shed her glamour girl tag after a 1995 hit Rangeela, or Full of Colour, where she played a middle-class girl who gets a big break in the movies.

"I have always tried to work in different genres of films," she said. "I know that if I work hard I will be able to do any kind of role."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-9-2005 11:38 PM | Show all posts
I AM: Arshad Warsi

I'm not religious at all. In fact, I think among religion and spirituality, we need to choose spirituality. Having said that, I do believe in God.

I think spirituality is the journey to fill the gap between you and your God. Which is why we are all always on the path of spirituality, never actually spiritual.

I have never been a ritualist. I believe rituals only cause trouble. I don't pray at all. I refuse to believe that if you pray for something, you will get it. I think what works better is when you toil hard and strive to reach your goal. I'm not the kind of person who cries over what I don't have.

I'd rather be happy with what I have. I am a realist. I don't believe anyone can solve your problems for you. You need to tackle them head-on and find a solution. And if there's no way out, move on. There's no point worrying yourself over something that you know won't get sorted out.

I believe one should be in control of their own mind. No amount of lucky charms or talismans can help a person. Destiny is what it is. You can't fight it. Just accept what life gives you and go with the flow. When I think of karma, I wonder what it really means.

If a bad person like me is so happy, I must have done something good in another life to deserve this bliss. An eternal optimist, I always feel blessed. I trust that my heart, my intelligence and my sensibilities and they've never let me down.

When I feel angry or frustrated, I just take a deep breath and move on. I am absolutely allergic to negative energies and stay as far away from them as possible. My philosophy in life is simple: Be nice to people on your way up. You'll meet them on your way down

Use magic Report

Post time 28-9-2005 11:43 PM | Show all posts
Amrita Singh抯 negative role in Kalyug

Aamir Khan is not the only leap year actor (one who takes four year breaks!). Amrita Singh who was last seen in 23rd March 1931 Shaheed back in 2002 and more recently on the small screen in Balaji Telefilms

Use magic Report

Post time 28-9-2005 11:45 PM | Show all posts
Sanjay, Karishma reach limited agreement

In a limited agreement between them, industrialist Sanjay Kapur and actress Karishma Kapoor on Tuesday patched up on the issue of passport for their daughter and told the Delhi High Court that they were making 憄rogress

Use magic Report

Post time 29-9-2005 10:42 PM | Show all posts
Hrithik in Singapore in new avatar

Hrithik Roshan is only doing 'Krish' these days. Presumably he is following in the footsteps of Aamir Khan. At present, he is in Singapore according his shooting schedule for over a month. Hrithik will be seen in this movie in a new avatar; with long hair and a well built strong body like his foreign counterparts. To achieve this, he has taken lessons in Marshal arts from Chinese experts. His father and producer Rakesh Roshan believes that his 'Krish' will meet international standards. " We are sure that 'Krish' being an international project and taking help from outside world will surprise our foreign friends as to how all this could happen in India."

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 9-6-2006 03:50 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-9-2005 10:43 PM | Show all posts
Katrina-Akshay's short stint

Katrina Kaif owes the success of her 'Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya' to Salman Khan who persuaded his younger brother Sohail Khan to give a strong role to her in this movie. Incidentally though, she was last seen shooting in Canada in Ram Kanwar's 'Humko Deewana Kar Gaye' opposite Akshay Kumar, in the lead roles. The movie's cast includes Bipasha Basu and Bhagyashree too. As usual, industry circles are abuzz with reports of pretty Katrina and khiladi Akshay being too thick with each other during and after the shoot. Since most of the shooting will be over in this schedule, they will part ways soon. After all, Salman and Katrina are again scheduled to act together in producers, Bhushan Kumar and Krishan Kumar's next.

Katrina Kaif & Akshay Kumar

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:14 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-9-2005 10:44 PM | Show all posts
Sush's love for painting

Sushmita Sen has grown more fondness for buying and making paintings. This is not new for her though. She had several paintings hanging on in earlier apartment of Vasant Kunj in New Delhi even before she was crowned Miss Universe. We had witnessed this. However, it doesn't mean that she has no work. In fact, she has a huge load of films on her shoulders, including movies of famous directors like Kalpna Lazmi, Ram Gopal Verma, David Dhawan and Pritish Nandy. This is surprising that she still takes time out of her work schedule to visit art galleries; buy readymade and order new paintings besides learning a few tips from the painters.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:15 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-9-2005 11:08 PM | Show all posts
No match to Diya Mirza

It is learnt that Diya Mirza has been signed on as heroine in 'Tum Sa Nahin Dekha'. We may mention here that this movie's heroine was Nafisa Khan alias Ziyah in the beginning. But soon Diya Mirza replaced her. However, there is a controversy about this change of heroine in 'Tum Sa Nahin Dekha'. According to sources close to Diya Mirza, Anurag Basu, the director of 'Murder', was so much fascinated by Diya Mirza's performance in 'Murder' that he decided to take her in 'Tum Sa Nahin Dekha' too. The other version is that Ziyah's mother Rabia Khan was so upset with the Anurag's direction in 'Murder' that she decided to withdraw her daughter from this movie. Rabia Khan did not want her daughter to enact scenes like those of Mallika Sherawat. It is also said that Diya is the fittest actress to play the character of a 16-year-old girl in 'Tum Sa Nahin Dekha'.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-12-2006 04:37 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-9-2005 11:11 PM | Show all posts
Paes-Mahima affair

As usual there is a lot of gossip taking around in the tinsel town of Mumbai about the relationship between tennis player Leandar Paes and Mahima Choudhary. Mahima is keen on converting her long relationship with Paes into marriage soon after the release of her movie 'Film Star' of Tanuja Chandra. Mahima hopes that her filmy career would take a positive turn after the release of this movie. A Mumbai magazine recently quoted a source close to Mahima that she and Paes had already entered into wedlock though it has not been confirmed from other sources.

Leander Paes

Mahima Chowdary

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 12-11-2005 05:43 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-9-2005 11:13 PM | Show all posts
Is Salman marrying Kaif?

Again, a report is taking in the Mumbai tinsel world that Salman Khan would soon marry his latest girl friend Katrina Kaif. These sources say that Salman would marry Kaif in the next few months. Let's keep our fingers crossed until they get married. Otherwise this will remain a mere gossip as in the past.

Salman Khan

Katrina Kaif

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-12-2006 04:39 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-9-2005 11:15 PM | Show all posts
Gracy Singh turns a dancer

Gracy Singh of the 'Laggan' fame has turned a dancer in her new movie 'Yehi Hain Zindagi'. She has played the character of a dancer named Vasundhara in this movie. And Gracy has no regret for doing this role. In fact, she is very proud of it and likes to play a dancer in her real life too. So how can she say no to act as a dancer in the reel? We learn from sources close to her that she happily accepted this offer as soon as she got it. She is sure that this movie would bring a new turn in her filmi career, which is being produced by Ajay Funsekar of the 'Encounter' fame. Besides her, the cast comprises Pravin Dabbas, Mukesh Tiwari and Sahil Khan.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:16 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-9-2005 11:16 PM | Show all posts
Lara prevails on Kelly

Beauty queen Lara Dutt was seen with a Gurkha boy recently. It's been heard that she is crazy about that boy. Later, it was revealed that this boy was none other then a model- turned -actor Kelly Dorjee. When Dorjee was only a model and Lara was thick in movies, the latter persuaded her boy friend to join films so that both of them can have more time together. Though Kelly declined initially but succumbed later to her pressure and agreed to work in Mani Shankar's 'Tango Charlie' in the role of a Gurkha Boy. Since then Lara has bestowed all her love on Dorjee.

Lara Dutta

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:17 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-9-2005 11:19 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Gadis_Venus at 26-9-2005 09:02 AM

Sape artis pujaan u?

...Johny Lever... :love: :bgrin:

Use magic Report

Post time 29-9-2005 11:19 PM | Show all posts
Sushmita to turn heroine No. 1

If Govinda is Hero No.1, then Sushmita Sen deserves to be his counterpart, Heroine No. 1. She may have not got this title from any of the so-called awards distributing institutions, but Bollywood's veteran Amitabh Bachchan gave it to her when he chose Sushmita Sen as the heroine of his forthcoming movie. Amitabh had three heroines to choose from amongst, and they were Sushmita Sen, Rani Mukherjee and Preity Zinta. Since the producer knew that Rani and Preity couldn't guarantee the box office success of a movie , so he announced that the heroine would be none other then Sushmita Sen. The movie is 'Dogs' starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor together after a gap of decades. The industry is awaiting the sharp reaction from the two heroines.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-9-2005 11:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by blackmore at 29-9-2005 11:19 PM

...Johny Lever... :love: :bgrin:

Alamak..yg ni bukan hero la..hehe..nk cari gbr dlm internet pun susah nk dpt..hehe

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2005 02:56 PM | Show all posts
Priyanka scotches rumor

Priyanka Chopra has scotched all reports about her ill relations with the Akshay - Twinkle couple. She claims that Twinkle is her friend, and both of them have a nice time playing with the latter's child whenever they are free during the shooting. She adds that the reports about Twinkle not liking her husband Akshay Kumar doing films with her is a mere media gossip. She says that she has turned choosy now. So, she has fewer films . Since she didn't sign any new movie last year, she is relatively free these days. However, she is currently busy in Rakesh Roshan's 'Krish' besides Pritish Nandy's mega budget movie.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:18 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-9-2005 03:17 PM | Show all posts
Bips in KBC show

Bipasha Basu is working hard to acquire general knowledge, and has bought very many books. Though she doesn't need this for her filmi career, yet she is doing it to get an opportunity to sit on the hot seat opposite Amitabh Bachchan in his "Kaun Banega Crorepati ( KBC ) show on Star TV. Recently, this opportunity was availed by Kajol and Ajay Devgan. The show will have an added attraction by including film stars in the popular program revived after a big gap.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-12-2006 04:40 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2005 03:20 PM | Show all posts
Aamir to marry Kiran in Dec

Finally, actor Aamir Khan has decided to marry his lady in love Kiran Rao in December this year. Though , both Aamir and Kiran haven't yet broken their silence in this regard and are reported to be away , sources close to Aamir Khan have confirmed this news. Rao has been an assistant director in Aamir starrer 'Lagaan'. Since then both had come too close , giving the media an opportunity to speak about their thick relationship. Besides, Aamir had already announced his divorce with his wife Reena. But the media reports of his relationship and the consequent birth of a child from one British journalist Jessica had confused the matter.

Noted Bollywood actor Aamir Khan is likely to tie the knot with his girlfriend Kiran Rao in December.

Khan, who has divorced his wife Reena, could not be reached for comments. However, reports said he and Kiran were planning to have court marriage on December 28.

Khan and Kiran have been reportedly seeing each other for over two years after developing closeness while working together on sets of movie Lagaan.

Khan has two children from his marriage with Reena.

Aamir Khan & Kiran Rao

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 12-11-2005 05:48 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2005 03:29 PM | Show all posts
John more popular than Mallika.

Altough Mallika Sherawat has worked in international film 'The myth' and she is on the ninth cloud. But the reality is that neither any film-maker is signing her nor is she being liked by the audience. When Mallika was in Toronto for the promotion of her new film 'The Myth', John Abraham was also there for the promotion his film 'Water'. While the media surrounded John Abraham, nobody bothered about Mallika. In Toronto, girls were found cheering him with "We love you John"'

John Abraham

Mallika Sherawat

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 14-6-2007 12:58 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2005 03:32 PM | Show all posts
Katrina's goodbye to Salman?

Any girl who entered Salman's life has never stayed with him for long. If rumors are to be believed Katrina has also decided to say goodbye to Sallu. But , a girl does it when some new person comes into her life. Guess who can be that person who is trying to snatch Katrina from Sallu. It is heard that it is khiladi king Akshay Kumar. In fact, when Akshay Kumar was working with her in Raaj Kanwar's 'Humko Deewana Kar Gayee' these two stars were stated to have developed thick relations with each other. Is his wife Twinkle Khanna listening?

Katrina Kaif

Salman Khan

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 01:21 PM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

16-5-2024 02:46 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.458400 second(s), 42 queries .