Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 6-10-2005 05:11 PM | Show all posts
WILL MADHURI REACH THE TOP

The news of comeback of the until recently Queen Bee Madhuri Dixit to the film world is heartening for the film industry as a whole, and to her large number of fans spread over the continent. She has several points of strength as compared to her contemporaries. She is the one who has made a special place for herself irrespective of the hero he acts with. She is among the few yesteryear female stars that became immortal due to their sheer performance. The credit for their hit movies goes to them rather than those who have played heroes opposite them. Nargis, Meena Kumari and Madhubala are a few of them. They became immortal in different sectors. Well, Madhuri Dixit is not far behind them. She was last seen on the screen in the character of a notch girl named Chandramukhi in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's magnum opus, 'Devdas'.

Dixit is still popular among top directors because of her performance. She can make a movie hit even without a known hero, and that's one of the few characteristics of a classic heroine. A-list directors of the Mumbai film industry are enamored of her. According to them, she still retains the charm of a big box office phenomenon as in the 1990s? A section of the media has rightly described Madhuri Dixit as the only actress in the history of popular Hindi Cinema who has been virtually at par with the leading men she shared screen space with over the years.

Madhuri has emerged as a one-women industry, an actress whose very name on the marquee could sell a film. The director could have made a film with a non-star only if Madhuri were there to ensure its commercial success. She is the one who could easily work in all types of movies, whether they are big or small, comedy or tragedy, with a big cast or with a small one. Though Madhuri is married and has a child besides a loving husband, she doesn't want to just remain a housewife. She is ambitious and seems to have decided to distance herself from Bollywood's commercial set-up. Since she has been versatile, she needs to explore other meaningful roles to continue to shine as before. She must rise above petty considerations of getting awards and hitting theatres with her sexy performances.

She must move towards making an art film so that she can show to her fans that she is equally well versed in doing this. Since she never managed to do a film that could fall into the category of classic films which are above the vagaries of time and the audience taste. This is the only way for an artiste to become immortal in the film industry. Had Sanjay Leela Bhansali been a little kind to her and cared to turn his 'Devdas' into a classic rather than a hit movie, Madhuri Dixit would have indeed been called a super star only slightly below Amitabh Bachchan.. She possesses certain rare qualities, which our yesteryear actresses had in the past. She has combined them in one. She smiles like Madhubala, has inner beauty of Suchitra Sen and acting talent of Nargis. Still, she just missed the bus.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-10-2005 05:12 PM | Show all posts
Akshay: The Philanthropist

The action 'Khiladi' has a heart of gold too. While shooting in Manali, he met a fan, Puran Chauhan, who lost a leg in an accident when he was five years old.But despite his handicap, Chauhan learnt martial arts by watching Akki's films. Akshay Kumar was overwhelmed by Chauhan's determination and has asked director Anil Sharma to give him a role in his film, 'Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyon'.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2005 05:14 PM | Show all posts
PRIYANKA CHOPRA GIVES A SHOCK

The quote "if the role demands" has become one big catch phrase amongst the heroines, mostly in Bollywood. After freely showing skins, they cover up with an excuse saying that the role demanded so. The latest to quote this phrase, is Priyanka Chopra. Former Miss India Priyanka Chopra has shocked the industry as well as society by her latest statement that she can go 'full nude'. Fortunately, her statement has a catch. She says she will do it 'if the role demands'. This is to recall that she has been described as a conservative actress inasmuch as her past record is concerned.

It appears that she has changed following her film 'Andaaz' opposite Akshay Kumar during last year. In this movie, she realized that glamour could fetch her roles and fame. Soon followed 'Apuroopam' in Tollywood, opposite Madhukar. To quote her statement to the press, she said, "I am ready to go full nude if the role demands it. But, if it doesn't require so, there is no point in being unnecessarily glamorous. The producers, directors these days have some- how convinced the new girls, that they need to be in their bare essentials in order to survive in the industry."

She adds that the producer and the director request her to look glamorous and expose some skin for the sake of commerciality. She isn't wrong. Who doesn't know that well known director-producer like Mahesh Bhatt wanted the famous "17 kisses" fame Mallika Sherawat to go full nude in a swimming pool scene in her forthcoming film 'Murder'. And, on the sets when she was supposed to undress she got tense and backed off. Not only this, the producer of "Julie" with model Neha Dhupia made her sign the contract that she wouldn't object and back off from any of the bold scenes that have to be shot in the film. This all is to attract crowd to the theatres. Now, the women artistes have to take a tough decision.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:25 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2005 05:15 PM | Show all posts
Priyanka Chopra: What Split????

Media reports that she has "split" with Harry Baweja's son Harman Baweja has Priyanka Chopra in splits.
"Where was there an affair for us to have split?" her laughter rings loud clear and unambiguous from Singapore where she's shooting with Hrithik Rosshan for Krissh. "Rakeshji is really making us both work hard. We start early in the morning and go on till late in the night. There's no time to think about affair-shaffair, huh?"

She can't believe sections of the media are still writing about her alleged romance with Baweja Jr's . "First they link us then they split us. Arrey I've alaways said Harman is a dear friend, and he continues to be just that."

Priyanka arrived in Singapore from the US where her father is currently undergoing treatment. "He'll be there with mom for another month. Hopefully, after that he'll be completely cured," the concerned daughter sighs.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:26 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2005 05:18 PM | Show all posts
Manoj Bajpai is versatile

Manoj Bajpai is indeed versatile inasmuch as he played Rashid, a Pakistani in 'Pinjar', and will soon be seen as a token Pakistani who visits India to meet his fianc閑 in Yash Chopra's yet untitled film with Preity Zinta and Shah Rukh Khan. This is his guest appearance though. Bajpai justifies his guest appearance as he idolised the filmmaker since his childhood. He elaborates that he got entry into Yashji's office after the success of 'Satya'. "I grew up on a regular diet of Chopra's blockbusters such as 'Silsila', 'Deewar', 'Kabhie Kabhie' and 'Daag'. "It is only a guest appearance and I don't expect much out of the film. Still, it is a dream come true," asserts Bajpai. He is looking forward to the shooting of Ritesh Sinha's 'All Alone' and Dharmesh Darshan's 'Bewaafa'. In 'Bewaafa', Bajpai plays to the gallery with the usual singing and dancing. He has also signed Markhand Despande's 'Hanan' and Pankaj Parasher's 'Intequam'.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 05:00 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2005 05:23 PM | Show all posts
Amitabh not fond of bikes because of accidents

After a string of flops, Abhishek Bachchan may have strode to stardom while riding bikes in the movie 'Dhoom', but in real life his father and Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, does not like the mean machines.

"I feel very insecure because of accidents," the senior Bachchan said while chatting with cine actors John Abraham and Bipasha Basu, in the upcoming Dussehra special episode of 'KBC-2', slated for telecast on October 9.

John, who has a passion for bikes, recalled an incident when he had come over to Bachchan's home to show Abhishek his new bike and how Amitabh had come over and told him not to force his son to ride the bike.

John said he was possessive about his motorbike and did not allow anyone to touch it. To this, Bipasha said bikes de-stressed John and hence, she gifted him one. She said John's obsession with his bike was so much that once he asked her to take her hand off it as her ring would scratch his machine.

Amitabh recalled on the show how in their times bicycle was a big craze and his bicycle used to be kept near his bed.

John also said he kept his helmets and jackets at his bedside.

Meanwhile, the amount that John-Bipasha will win on the special Dussehra show will go towards the 'Make A-Wish Foundation', working for the children suffering from cancer, and PETA (People for Ethical Treatment to Animals.)

John also expressed his support towards PETA and said he was in favour of sterilisation of animals.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 05:02 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 7-10-2005 04:48 PM | Show all posts
Poor Lara!

Keli Dorjee, the boy friend of actress Lara Dutta, is going through a tough time. He thinks that his girlfriend is flirting with other actors too. That's why Dorjee had been accompanying Lara Dutta on the sets of her each film. Recently, when Lara was with John Abraham in Bangkok during the shooting of her movie 'Ek Ajnabi', Dorjee cancelled his all appointments and rushed there to keep a watch on her. In fact, he inquired from spot boys about John and Lara's relations . This was a limit. Poor Lara!

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:27 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 04:49 PM | Show all posts
SRK bags best actor-singer award

Shah Rukh Khan has left his colleagues -Aamir Khan and Salman Khan in the race for best actor-singer award instituted by Sahara One television channel. SRK has got an award for his song 'Aapun Bola Tu Meri Laila' in 'Josh', Salman Khan for his 'Chaandi Ki Daal Par' in 'Hello Brother' and Aamir Khan for 'Aati Kya Khandala' in his 'Gulaam'. Though there was a big tussle between Salman and Aamir , but the award was later given to Shah Rukh Khan.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-10-2005 04:54 PM | Show all posts
SUSH IN HOLLYWOOD MOVIE TOO

Sushmita Sen has recently signed a Hollywood movie that is being made by the daughter of actor Robert de Nero. The title is 'Karma Confessions'. The movie will have two Bollywood pairs --- Sush with her boyfriend Randeep Hooda and Suresh Oberoi with Rati Agnihotri. Sushmita Sen is a versatile actor . She is in the limelight after the release of her movie. This is unusual in the industry though. Mostly, heroes and heroes make a mark even before their movie release, usually in promos.

This doesn't happen in the case of Sush. She has proved her talent in all sorts of roles. The viewers are found cheering her in theater halls, irrespective of it being a comedy like 'Paisa Vasool or a serious role as in 'Samay' or a glamorous one in 'Main Hoon Na' or an amazing one in 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya'. Though she has impressed all, but her bindaas image has charmed director Vikram Bhatt so much that he wants to make a movie on his relationship with Sush, and that too without Sush playing its heroine .

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 04:57 PM | Show all posts
Madhuri in Bengali too

Heartthrob Madhuri Dixit is now doing a bilingual movie with Bengali producer Buddhadeb Dasgupta. He says he had been looking for an artiste to play the character of his story for long seven years as the story revolves around a stage actress whose father also belonged to the same profession. Madhuri is the only person who fits the bill. Her eyes are enchanting and express every thing even without speaking a word. Bengali hero Prosanjit will act opposite her.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 05:00 PM | Show all posts
Suniel Shetty in 'Main Hoon Na'

Suniel Shetty says that his character in 'Main Hoon Na' is very interesting. Though the movie revolves around Indo-Pak relations, his role is just contrary to this theme. So he says, "I am playing a dark character." Suniel is confident that this movie will do well irrespective of distance. 'Main Hoon Na' has all the ingredients of a mega blockbuster. In fact, if this movie is described as 'Sholey' then he claims to be the Gabbar Singh. Suniel is all praise for Farah Khan, the debutant director. Though a choreographer she possesses all the qualities of a professional director like those of adhering to the minutest details. Even as a producer she would prove very successful, he adds. He has sweet words for his colleague Shah Rukh Khan. Though both of them admire each other, yet SRK finds Suniel most warm and cooperative in this venture.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 05:02 PM | Show all posts
Pak to rope in Sonali Bendre

A Pakistani film delegation now in Mumbai is negotiating with Indian bigwigs like producer-cum-director Yash Chopra. It has signed memoranda of understanding with Indian producers like Shyam Shroff and Yash Chopra to rope in Indian stars after receiving a green signal from Pakistani officials. Jamshed Zaffar, a Pakistani film producer, is marking out plans to co-produce a film with Shyam Shroff. The movie will be named Ehsan."We have not yet finalised the Indian actress, but we are looking at names like Sonali Bendre," Zaffar said. "The popular actor Shaan from Pakistan will be the lead actor in Ehsan. We hope to shoot the film in London".

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:28 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 05:04 PM | Show all posts
Amitabh not to repeat

Amitabh Bachchan has ruled out joining any political party for the coming Lok Sabha election. This is to recall that in the past he not only joined a political party, but contested Lok Sabha poll from Allahabad constituency of Uttar Pradesh. However for now he says, " I don't want to comment on those stars who are joining political parties. However, my stand is clear that I am not joining any political party," . Regarding his donning the new role of Uttar Pradesh's brand ambassador, Mr Bachchan said he would try his best to work for the development of the state.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 05:07 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 05:05 PM | Show all posts
HRITHIK THANKS DOCTOR FOR CURING

With a warm hug, Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan Sunday thanked the doctor who cured him of his stammer. While inaugurating the state-of-the-art Kataben Balwantai Audilogy Centre at the Bombay West Rotary Institute for the Deaf, the actor hugged Ramesh Oza, who had helped him overcome the affliction. Oza, who is the director of the centre, said Hrithik donated Rs.100,000 to the facility. As a child, Hrithik had a speech impediment that he tried to get over by staying up late at night reading books, repeating dialogues while watching a film or even through meditation.

According to Oza, the star was always in touch with him and frequently called him. "In spite of his busy schedule he agreed to come here," said the doctor. "It scares me to see little children in hospitals undergoing treatment, but I'm glad this centre is equipped with some of the best equipment," Hrithik told IANS. "I love kids and would love to do more than what I can for them," he added. The star mingled with the crowd, allowing people to photograph him and take his autograph. His warmth lit faces of the teachers in the school. Among other famous personalities who overcame stuttering were Abraham Lincoln, Adolf Hitler, Marilyn Monroe, Churchill, Shah Rukh Khan, Dilip Vengsarkar, Dilip Kumar and Kishore Kumar.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 05:08 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 05:08 PM | Show all posts
BUSY BEE AFTAAB

Aftaab Shivdassani is very busy. Not only with shooting but with promoting the number of films that are slated for release this year. We caught him on the sets of 'Shukriya'. This movie is being directed by Anupam Sinha who has graduated to making films after shooting and filming a whole lot of videos. Eighty per cent of the film was shot in London, and they are here in Mumbai to shoot for a day and then they go to Bhuj for a five to six day schedule. With Aftaab is a new girl in the film Shreya. Explaining about the role the actor says, " I have two roles in the film. One is that of a serious guy and the other of a guy next door, sweet fellow." Since most of the film was shot outdoor this young actor did play a few pranks especially on the new heroine. " You know he played a ghost and scared me," says Shreya who has done a couple of films in the south. But getting defensive Aftaab says, " We were shooting in a place which was claimed to be the haunted house and everyone kept telling us don't come here at this hour or in that room when the clock strikes a particular time. So in a way all of us were scared and I thought I would carry it a little far by playing a prank." The film is slated to release only later this year.

Aftaab is just back from playing the celebrity match between India and Pakistan in Dubai. " Oh it was a great fun. Who won and who lost didn't matter. It was a match to strengthen our ties and it was played in the true spirit," says this cheerful actor. "And now I have a very busy time here with a string of my movies releasing." The first of his release is 'Muskaan' which hits the theatres next week. This thriller film stars Gracy Singh along with this Mast boy. "This film is a normal love story but it has a thrill in it. It also has a murder mystery angle to it," explains Aftaab. Though the fate of this film looks feeble as single screen theatres are on strike in Maharashtra.

But in April comes 'Masti' which is a riot of comedy. "Oh, don't even talk about 'Masti', just thinking about this film makes me crack. You will love it," laughs Aftaab. This film is about being married and not being married with a tinge of extra marital affair. The film has a huge star cast of Ajay Devgan, Vivek Oberoi, Lara Dutta, Aftaab Shivdassani, Amrita Rao, Ritesh Deshmukh and Tara Sharma. "It was great fun shooting this film. This is full of masti as the name suggests. And with so many actors you can imagine what fun it used to be on the sets," says Aftaab with a grin. 'Raja and Beta' fame director Indra Kumar directs the film. "An actor does a lot of films. He expects a lot out of all of them but has the confidence only on a few and I am sure that masti will rock."

And then comes 'Jaane Hoga Kya' which is directed by Glen-Ankush. For the first time Aftaab plays a double role in this film, " It was a challenging role to play and a first for me that's why I signed the film. Now I know how much hard work it requires playing a double role." It's not only the double role that he's playing but also a role, which he has never played before. " I play a scientist in the film," explains Aftaab. In 'Rudraksh' Bipasha played the same role and the movie flopped what does he think about the role now? " Look every film is made differently. I have not seen 'Rudraksh' so I can't comment. But I wanted to play something new and different which this film provides me," adds the actor. Aftaab certainly has lot on his plate. And no time!

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 05:10 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 05:19 PM | Show all posts
Reema in `Bangaram`!

Reema Sen is doing an important role in Dharani directed Bangaram. In the film hero Pawan Kalyan has two heroines- Meera Chopra and Reema. A major portion of the film produced by A.M.Ratnam was shot in and around Pollachi.
Said Reema to Movibuzz: 揑 am excited about this role which is very crucial for the story. I am doing a city based girl and my part will be over in one single schedule

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-10-2005 05:23 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Gadis_Venus at 7-10-2005 05:05 PM
HRITHIK THANKS DOCTOR FOR CURING

With a warm hug, Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan Sunday thanked the doctor who cured him of his stammer. While inaugurating the state-of-the-art Kataben Balwantai ...

smlm dia dtg HDB HUB..rambut pun dah panjang skarang..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 09:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by rosslyn at 7-10-2005 05:23 PM

smlm dia dtg HDB HUB..rambut pun dah panjang skarang..

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 05:12 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 10:05 PM | Show all posts
'DON'T BASH US, ASH'

President Pervez Musharraf has in a personal appeal to Aishwarya Rai, asked her not to act in films that show Pakistan in poor light. "I would request (you) not to act in such films because they will be most unrealistic," Musharraf told the actress during a live satellite program where they could see each other. When it comes to anti-Pakistan activity by Indians, General Pervez Musharraf makes a distinction between Team India and Team Bollywood. However, he congratulated India captain Saurabh Ganguly. Musharraf was answering a question by Subhash Ghai about cooperation between Indian and Pakistani film worlds. Commenting on Bollywood's war films, he said, "I don't think they are realistic at all. You try to ridicule our forces. You overdo it in your movies. I find it to be absurd."

The President of Pakistan was pleasantly surprised when told that Aishwarya would like to ask a question. "I am very glad to be asked a question by a leading player from the film world of India." A beaming Musarraf said. To Rai's question about the prospect of peace between India and Pakistan, he promised that everyone in Pakistan wanted peace, interaction and harmonious relations with India. "There are some extremists in Pakistan and India who are against it."

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 28-4-2006 05:43 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 10:09 PM | Show all posts
Shilpa goes 'wild' too

Shilpa Shetty has urged everyone to boycott circuses as the latter indulge in caging, beating and depriving the animals of their natural environment. She has appeared in an ad showing herself dressed in a hugging body suit, leaping through a ring of fire with the tagline, "Beaten, Lonely and Abused----Boycott the Circus". Though the government has banned circus owners from training or exhibiting five species comprising bears, tigers, monkeys, panthers and lions.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:07 PM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 06:18 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.301250 second(s), 39 queries .