Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 7-10-2005 10:11 PM | Show all posts
Manisha follows Meena Kumari

According to industry sources, the Nepalese beauty turned Bollywood actress is following in the footsteps of the yesteryears' movie beauty Meena Kumari. Manisha has started drinking too much of liquor in parties to take care of herself. The recent incidents have been in plenty when she had to be bodily lifted from parties at wee hours. Her latest boyfriend is Salil Antony who felt upset when Manisha reportedly fell into the arms of Pak cricketer Wasim Akram and the latter was found fondling with her.

Manisha Koirala

Meena Kumari

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:08 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-10-2005 10:16 PM | Show all posts
AISHWARYA IN BOND FILM WITHOUT SMOOCHES

If the James Bond producers want the most beautiful woman in the world in their film, they may have to do without the smooch. Bollywood queen Aishwarya Rai is not ready for kissing the man who is licensed to kill. "It all depends in the script," says Rai about playing the Bond girl by doing whatever it takes. For the symbol of the modern Indian woman, acting in a Bond film will be as per her own rules. "There will be no difference; my decision on the script will be just as it applies to all others." Is it appearing on the cover of the Time magazine or participating on the jury of the Cannes film festival, Rai says, is all about representing the Indian persona at the global stage. "These are opportunities to present the Indian women internationally," says Rai, who added last-minute glamour to a media conclave in New Delhi, which concluded recently. Winning the Miss World crown, says the actress, who came as a replacement for the original speaker Shah Rukh Khan, was "a rediscovery" of the Indian women power, "where I belong." The actor of the globally acclaimed 'Devdas' and 'Chokerbali' spoke "straight from the heart" about "the India of ideas." If the Indian film industrythat makes 800 films a year and sells millions of tickets every week could guarantee the same measure in quality, it would be great indeed.

Publisher Sonny Mehta, president and editor-in-chief of Alfred A Knopf, the third largest media company in the United States, said without books, nations, whether they are developed or undeveloped, are doomed to failure. According to Mehta, who publishes two books "every working day" Rai could make people flock to book shops too if she or Amitabh Bachchan talk about books on the television like Oprah Winfrey does in the US. Mehta, who was mistaken for a messenger boy in his office in the first days of chief editorship at the Knopf, is always astonished that R.K. Narayan did not win a Nobel prize for literature!

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 20-11-2005 04:48 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 10:21 PM | Show all posts
HRITHIK ROSHAN BUSY BUT NOT DOING FILMS

Hrithik Roshan you'd think might be one of the busiest actors in Bollywood. No, not at all. Most of his time these days is dedicated to launches of a variety of sorts! Hrithik Roshan may be riding on the success of his last film but right now he clearly has a lot of time on his hands. This time a book written by acting guru Kishore Namit Kapoor. This is Hrithik's 3rd launch in ten days. When asked why is he doing so many launches he says, "Earlier I didn't have any time I was shooting non-stop. Now I have the time for my friends and gurus." Before getting into films Hrithik prepared very hard from assisting his father in direction to pumping in the gym, getting dance lessons to acting classes. But acting can't be learnt. This can be developed and the same is the case with Hrithik. "You can't learn acting from an instructor or from a book. But surely one can get references from them. Roshan junior during the releases remembers sitting in a sweaty classroom with 20 other students without minding it because "acting is all about passion".

Everything he learnt in that classroom has been compiled in the book. The acting guru Kishore Namit Kapoor has an endless list of successful students like Kareena Kapoor, Vivek Oberoi, Saif Ali Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Khanna. Priyanka Chopra, Fardeen Khan, Mahima Chowdhary but he still chose Hrithik as his favorite and to launch his book. His book is called 'For The Actor- You are the instrument, You are the player and right now for me my best instrument and player is Hrithik Roshan." For Hrithik it's sure the time to attend all these functions and cut ribbons as before this he had launched a pizza outlet in Mumbai. This fast food lover has a special place for pizzas, "I love pizzas, I do keep a check on my diet but sometimes I indulge in pizzas." Apart from acting this actor loves to spend time with children especially after his hit film "Koi Mil Gaya" which was appreciated by children. He also likes to make his friends and elders happy by opening a store or launching a book for them. Nowadays Hrithik is only working on 'Lakhsya' and waiting for the right role.

This is good news for those who want him to cut ribbons. Hrithik denies the rumor that he will be doing a film a year. He says, " I'll be doing a film a year is all wrong. It's just that I am waiting for the right roles and films whether they are ten or one I'll do them if I am in love with my character." Talking about 'Lakshya', he said this film is directed by Farhan Akhtar who has told his entire cast and crew not to talk about the film or their respective roles. However, Hrithik tells us, "I am not allowed to say anything but I can say that I am playing something I haven't played before and that I have a lot of confidence in this film." So Roshan junior is surely waiting for the next flick his dad will be directing and , of course, seeking new and different roles so that he doesn't disappoint his fans any more.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 05:15 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 10:25 PM | Show all posts
THE TRUTH ACCORDING TO AISHWARYA

Women in the industry have been exploited very often, but there are some actors who believe that the short cut to stardom is through nudity or exposure. "Such success is, in fact, very short-lived.'' The comment didn't come from the body-baring Lara Dutta or Priyanka Chopra, or the ''please count how many times I've smooched on screen'' Mallika Sherawat. It came from Aishwarya Rai who proved in her speech as a conference delegate in Delhi this weekend that she is not out of touch with those public-speaking skills that were so carefully honed for her outing as a beauty contestant. She said this at a media conclave.

The former Miss World had clearly done her homework. Describing her speech as ''the truth simply from my heart'', she doled out statistics to show that Bollywood could bring in billions of dollars if it was structured on corporate lines. She dwelt at length on ways to rejuvenate the Hindi film industry and harness India's soft powers-films, TV and music. The actress used herself as an example to illustrate most of the points she raised. While most actors would be reluctant to venture beyond the comfort of Bollywood stardom, she said she was not one to rest on her laurels. ''After 'Devdas', many people were surprised when I did 'Chokher Bali'. Some even said that maybe I did not have any other offer so I had to work in regional films,'' she added. Good news for her fans: Ash has no qualms about acting in teleserials provided the role is ''challenging'' enough.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-12-2006 05:01 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 10:42 PM | Show all posts
Bachchan family in Basti voters' list

Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan and his family have found a new address, at least for the coming local bodies' elections.

Going by the voters' list, his family resides in Pikaura Dutt Rai locality and the district authorities seem baffled about how their names figure in the records.

"Amitabh (65), son of Harivanshrai, Ajitabh (55), Jaya (53) and Abhishek (30)" are listed from serial numbers 1,112 to 1,125 and stated to be residents of house No 13 of ward No 24. House No 13 in the locality is non-existant.

District Magistrate Ramendra Tripathi said he has asked sub-divisional magistrate in charge of registration MP Singh to conduct an inquiry into how they were enrolled as voters.

He was not aware whether the "Bachchan" surname has also found mention in the list, which was said to have been "duly verified and published".

Local corporators have alleged large-scale anomalies in the list and the names of valid voters were missing while those of "non-existant persons" have disappeared.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 05:17 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 10:48 PM | Show all posts
Naomi Campbell, Sushmita Sen in Saregama's crossover film

Supermodel Naomi Campbell, and former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen, will come together in an Indo-American English film, depicting the relationship between Indians and Americans, shooting for which begins in New York next week.

The film 'Karma, Confessions and Holi' would be co-produced by Saregama Films and New York-based Rapture Productions Inc.

"Directed by NRI Manish Gupta, an alumni of New York Film Academy, this is going to be the first Indo-US co-production bringing Hollywood and Bollywood stars together in mainstream cinema," Sanjiv Goenka, Vice chairman of the RPG group, which owns Saregama Films, said.

The star cast also includes Randeep Hooda, Suresh Oberoi, Rati Agnihotri, Suchitra Krishnamoorthi, Deepal Shaw, Drena De Nero and Sticky Fingas. Negotiations were also on with Christopher Walken, Debbie Mazor and Michael Busehimi, Goenka said.

Hollywood writer Marcus Guillory, was commissioned to rewrite the film, originally written by Manish Gupta, to suit a global audience.

A film about Indian families, their relationships with local Americans and their internal conflicts, 'Karma...' would be in the crossover genre epitomised by 'Monsoon Wedding' and 'Bend it like Beckham', Goenka said.

The film will be shot on a non-stop schedule in New York and New Jersey, he added.

Naomi Campbell

Sushmita Sen

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 05:18 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 7-10-2005 10:51 PM | Show all posts
Kajol & Ajay Devgan donate prize money to Chennai Trust

Ajay Devgan and Kajol the star couple who took part in KBC 2 won Rs one crore. They donated the entire money to the Chennai based Mahesh Memorial Trust. The Trust instituted in the memory of music director Mahesh who died of cancer has Manirathinam, Jayendra of Real Image and Bharat Ram a leading lawyer among the trustees. The Trust roped in A R Rahman who staged a concert in Chennai for the first time in aid of the Trust. The Trust got Rs one crore from the proceeds of the show. The Trust had set up a plan to build a 1800 sq.ft. children抯 ward in the Cancer Institute. Since this money was not enough they approached Star TV with the idea of getting stars to take part in the KBC and donate the prize money to the Trust. The channel in turn asked them to rope in the stars. Manirathinam who had worked with Ajay Devgan in Yuva stepped in and requested the actor to take part in the show. The actor readily agreed and brought along his wife Kajol too. The Trust conducted the bhoomipuja of the Children抯 ward in the Cancer Institute on Rose Day.

International funds for regional soaps
Eight years back ago, when Sun TV started its operations, a lean bespectacled man walked in with a strange request. He wanted the 12-noon slot for a mega serial that he wanted to produce. It was then that the first daily serial Shakti started getting aired in the prime slot. TV viewers used to the 13 or 52-week weekly serials lapped the daily serial concept.

The channel was taken aback because the general idea was that housewives who finished their household work would take an afternoon nap and not sit before the telly. Yet the channel had agreed and given a letter to the producer. But he had no money with him and was banking on Multichannel, the marketing agency for finance. The agency marketed and financed the serial Mangai. The rest is history. The producer was none other than Azagan Thamiz Mane who became a celebrity and his banner Vista Visions a household name. The serial broke all conceptions about the noon slot and notched up high TRPs that threatened to overtake the prime time slots in popularity.

In the eight years, Thamiz Mane produced a film Anbe Un Wasam which flopped badly. Around the same time, Sun TV showed him the door. Ridden with debts and only a serial on Raj TV, Mane told his plight to his friend A N Pandey, another TV serial producer based in Mumbai. Pandey spoke about Mane to many production houses. PMI, the Indian wing of PRIMA an Indonesian based production house making serials in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia took a look at the bio-data of Mane. They invited him over to Mumbai. At first they agreed to finance Mundanay Mudichu the ongoing daily soap on Raj TV on a profit sharing basis. This came as a major relief. Next they invited him to join them in the PMI Vistavisions, a private limited company as the managing director and offered him five directors of his choice on the board. The new company in turn acquired the entire library of Vistavisions.

The newly formed company is now geared up to enter the South Indian market and has put up proposals with MAA and Zee in Telugu and with Raj and Jaya in Tamil. PMI is no stranger to the South market. Sooryaputhri and Kudumbini, the two daily soaps telecast on Asianet are produced by PMI. 揑 started out as a producer with Anbulla Rajnikant and went on to produce four films. Chithirai Pookal. the last film was a flop and I was literally on the roads. I lost everything. For eight years I struggled. Then Mangai happened and I was back. For eight years I was producing serials for Sun TV and Gemini TV which is a record. After that I did not get any slot on Sun and had only Mangalaya Marao Mudi on Gemini. It became difficult to maintain my company. Director Balu who worked as my assistant in one of my earlier films was out of work and taking pity on him I launched a film for him. After the film began the director refused to divulge anything about the film. The final product did not appeal. I lost everything thar I had earned from television. All I could save was my studio, edit suite and camera,

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 11:27 PM | Show all posts
Amrita Rao to go topless

While the Bollywood sex kittens are desperately trying to get a image makeover with Neha Dhupia doing a 慡iskiyan

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-10-2005 11:20 AM | Show all posts
Kareena is Bhardwaj's Mrs Singh

Vishal Bhardwaj has finally replaced Rani Mukherjee with Kareena Kapoor in his next ambitious 'Mr Mehta And Mrs Singh' for the lead role opposite Aamir Khan. Yes, Bhardwaj had short listed Rani for this movie as Rani's pair with Aamir had proved hit in 'Ghulam in the past and in 'The Rising' recently. Aamir too had favored Rani . But Bhardwaj has had Preity Zinta and Vidya Balan in his mind. Though it is said that Rani and Preity had the dates problem , and Bhardwaj wasn't too sure about Balan doing it so well, yet it is not being taken as such . Anyway, Bhardwaj offered the role to Kareena and she readily agreed. While Aamir plays a chartered accountant, Kareen acts as a housewife in the movie. This is the first time for Kareena to act opposite Aamir. Let's hope the Aamir-Kareena pair hits at the box office.

Kareena Kapoor

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-12-2006 05:02 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 11:22 AM | Show all posts
Shilpa shocks industry

Shilpa Shetty is one of the few pretty actresses but otherwise the fittest one. Surprisingly, she doesn't find any Khan brother sexy ; neither Shah Rukh nor Salman nor Aamir or Sanjay Dutt. In fact, she has shocked the industry's heroes by declaring that Shamita Shetty is on the top of the sexiest actors of Bollywood. Does she really mean it? She has disappointed all her colleagues though. Isn't it?

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:14 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 11:24 AM | Show all posts
Aish to wear bikini in 'Dhoom-2'

The fierce competition among the contemporaries has forced each and every actress to be prepared to do skin shows and body exposures by wearing scant clothes in movies. Incidentally, the former world beauty like Aishwarya Rai has readied herself to wear a bikni in 'Dhoom-2'. Apart from this , Rani Mukherjee and Preity Zinta, well known for their aversion to exposures , had to fall in line by enacting such like scenes in their respective 'Black' and 'Salaam Namastay'

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 28-4-2006 05:44 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 11:35 AM | Show all posts
Is Manisha engaged ?

Manisha Koirala didn't hesitate to do even 'B' grade films. Now, she will be seen in Ram Gopal Verma's 'Darwaza Khoola Rakhna'. Besides, she has claimed that famous directors like Amol Palekar and Raj Kumar Santoshi are keen on signing her in their forthcoming movies. Interestingly, it is said that Manisha has already entered into a betrothal with the proprietor of a leading restaurant of Mumbai. However, the dates of her marriage are still not known.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 05:22 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 11:40 AM | Show all posts
Priyanka choosy about hero

Priyanka Chopra is keen on doing the role played by late Meena Kumari in Pritish Nandy's 'Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam', but she would like Abhishek Bachchan to play the character of Bhootnath in it . Since she is not sure that Abhishek would be able to do it because of his dates problem, Priyanka has declined to act in it opposite Arjun Rampal. She has turned choosy now as she has reached a turning point in her life. She had , of course, agreed to act opposite Arjun Rampal in 'Yakeen' . Though Arjun hasn't had a hit movie so far, yet he is happy that he has acted in 'Ajnabi' with Big B, and the latter has praised Arjun's performance.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:16 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 11:50 AM | Show all posts
Bipasha after Abhishek

The dusky Bangla sex bomb, Bipasha Basu, has created a flutter in the tinsel town . She is a talk of the town because of her proximity to Abhishek Bachchan, the industry's hot cake and hit boy. Has she forgotten her boyfriend John Abraham? Has she fallen out with him? We don't know but the fact remains that Bips is usually seen nowadays in the company of Abhishek Bachchan.

Bipasha Basu

Abhishek Bachan

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-4-2006 11:59 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 11:53 AM | Show all posts
Mahima loses English movie

Mahima Chaudhary's career isn't moving as well as expected. In fact , she is short of work these days. To hide this, she has been pretending that she has a dates problem, and has been delaying the completion of 'Sautin'. The filmmaker is in a dilemma. Meanwhile, she has claimed to have bagged an offer of an English movie to be shot in London. However, as the luck would have it she lost it too. The reason is that she demanded a huge fee from the producer. On second thought, Mahima contacted the producer and offered him a lower fee, but he is stated to have now decided to find another actress for his movie. This is another setback for Mahima at this juncture when she is in dire need of work.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 11:55 AM | Show all posts
Riya keeps tension away

Riya Sen keeps no tension. " I am happy with my career and I shall be happy in the future too. I believe that the producers and the directors are the best judge of my capability. They offer me the roles that they find me fit for. Yes, they offer me glamorous roles." She doesn't mind to be one of the six girls in David Dhawan's 'Shaadi No1'. " I have the best of relations with all of them." She tells us that her performance in director Santosh Shivan's Malayalee movie will shock many! She avoids talking about her personal life , including her relationship with Ashmit Patel .

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:17 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-10-2005 11:57 AM | Show all posts
Santoshi fida on Ajay

Raj Kumar Santoshi is fida on Ajay Devgan these days. He has to his credit hit movies like 'Ghayal', 'Ghatak', 'Damini', 'Khakee', 'Andaaz Apna Apna', 'Lajja' and 'Legend of Bhagat Singh'. After ' Lajja', he found an action hero in Ajay Devgan though he had done several movies with Sunny Deol. However, after his 'Legend of Bhagat Singh', Santoshi signed his new favorite Ajay in his forthcoming 'London Dream' starring Salman Khan too.

Ajay Devgan

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 14-1-2006 06:27 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 12:05 PM | Show all posts
Akshay chemistry with Priyanka

Akshay Kumar's on screen chemistry with Priyanka Chopra is getting hotter day by day. Last year audiences saw this hottest pair sizzling bright in 'Andaaz'. This year the pair is getting charged up with films like 'Waqt', 'Aitraaz' and 'Mujhse Shaadi Karoge'. One hopes that their on screen chemistry does wonders at the box office.

Akshay Kumar

Priyanka Chopra

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 12:07 PM | Show all posts
Katrina, Salman's special guest

There was a time when Salman Khan had a major crush over gorgeous actress Aishwarya Rai but now he craves for Katrina Kaif. This beautiful actress who was at a low key as a debutant in Kaizad Gustad's 'Boom', is the new love interest in Salman's life. The occasion was the bash at Salman's birthday party and Katrina was the center of attraction. They danced all through the night as it relieved Salman of his break up with Aishwarya. After Sangita Bijlani, Somy Ali and Aishwarya Rai one has to wait and watch how long this relationship lasts.

Katrina Kaif

Salman Khan

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:18 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 12:09 PM | Show all posts
Arbaaz as Alibaba

The ageless and timeless fairy tale classic 'Alibaba Aur Chalis Chor' is coming to limelight once again. This Sunil Agnihotri - directed film has Arbaaz in the title role of "Alibaba". This is eleventh time when this epic is crafted into celluloid. Besides Arbaaz, Pinky Harwani plays the lead role in the film.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 12:17 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.194034 second(s), 41 queries .