Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 17-10-2005 04:48 PM | Show all posts
SOHAIL FIGHTS RACISM

If India is facing the dilemma of communal violence then developed countries like the UK and the USA are having racial discrimination. Sohail Khan who is better known for his directorial skill returns with his acting prowess in 'I-proud to be Indian'. Sohail is one of the directorial prodigies of film industry who have given hits like 'Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya' at a very young age. Sohail's journey to the Bollywood stardom began with his home production 'Maine Dil Tujhko Diya' which was also the launching pad for sexy Sameera Reddy. Sohail produces 'I-proud to be Indian', and Punit Sira; an NRI, directs this film. Sohail does not carry any appropriate character as he is referred to as "I" in the film.

Sohail has his outrage against some whites who outcasts non-whites and discriminates against them. The movie has shown the brutalities against the non-whites in London as some whites think that the Asian community has overtaken England. The film will be a blend of Indian and Pakistani actors. Pakistani actress settled in Canada, Heena Tasleem, plays Sohail's ladylove. Strongly built British actor Tim Lawrence plays the villain's role in the film as Sohail and Company confronts him for his discriminatory acts. Pakistani actor Imran Ali Khan plays an important role in the film. Sohail's another film 'Lakeer' is also in pipeline as 'I-proud to be Indian'.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 11:53 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-10-2005 04:51 PM | Show all posts
SUSHMITA SEN: BEAUTY WITH A HOPE

The glitz and glitterati of beauty queens has been the spotlight for Bollywood for many years. As some big actresses have faded into matrimony and the crown of Bollywood queen has been posing a challenge for many who have dared to dream big for it. Long- legged ravishing beauty Sushmita Sen has been in limelight as a promising aspirant who has dared to be different. The immaculate brawn power of Sushmita got him the prestigious Miss Universe title in 1994. Besides this, Sushmita's journey in the film industry has been long and thorough with a purpose.

She has sparkled as a struggling actress in 'Paisa Vasool' who has to cope with the city life pressures. This Manisha Koirala's production offered her maximum space to grow as solo heroine, as she has to content with second leads for many years. As a struggling actress "Baby" in the film she has to settle for music videos and remixes as her height came as a hindrance. Loosely based on Hollywood's super hit 'High Heels Low Lives', she stays with Manisha Koirala, another woman protagonist, and enjoys life with cheers and fun. Sushmita began her Bollywood journey with Vikram Bhatt's 'Dastak' opposite Mukul Dev and Sharad Kapoor.

It was rather a low-key affair as the concept of the beauty queen had been traumatized by her failure to click with audiences. The battle was lost but war has just begun as she got enough media coverage and positive response from the industry. According to her critics, Sushmita never took her career seriously as she picked second leads and item numbers, which were insignificant as far as the career promotion was concerned. Her most phenomenal success as an actress has been in 'Biwi No.1' opposite Salman Khan. She was pitted against Karisma Kapoor who played the title role. Sushmita won "Best Supporting Actress" in many award ceremonies. She portrayed ultra- modern model that can turn world upside down. Another similar characterization in 'Sirf Tum' got her appreciation as it was well received by the audiences.

Sushmita did a seductive and sexy number "Dilbar Dilbar" in the film, which caught everybody's attention. She was reduced to glam doll in average hits like 'Zor' and 'Hindustan Ki Kasam'. She also did memorable item song "Mehboob Mere" in 'Fiza' that toplisted many chartbusters. She was rather miscast in romantic thrillers 'Tumko Na Bhool Payenge' and love triangle 'Aaghaz' which never proved her prowess as an actress. Meghna Gulzar's 'Filhal' proved a blessing for her as she caught the attention of the media as well as the industry. The concept of surrogate motherhood created ripples and it was critically acclaimed. Sushmita along with talented Tabu proved her point in the female- oriented film. Gaurang Doshi's 'Aankhen' was a blessing for her too, as it was male dominated yet she did a remarkable job.

She played a blind schoolteacher "Priya" who has been traumatized by an expelled manager Amitabh Bachchan for the bank robbery. Sushmita played this role too well of training blind characters -- Akshay Kumar, Arjun Rampal and Paresh Rawal - for the robbery in a bank. Sushmita played an author-backed role of S.P. Malvika Chauhan in Robby Grewal's 'Samay-When Time Strikes'. Sushmita acted as a super cop and investigated a murder case along with Sushant Singh. The movie proved a good entertainer as it was appreciated by the audiences who prefer quality entertainment. As Sushmita entered another crucial phase with 'Paisa Vasool', it would be an acid test for her. She might find her desired destination this year as she has a lot of potential in store to prove her mettle as an actress.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-10-2005 04:55 PM | Show all posts
Shahrukh is 態adshah

Use magic Report

Post time 17-10-2005 04:57 PM | Show all posts
Shah Rukh's inner world

Towards the middle of The Outer World of Shah Rukh Khan -- the second of the two reflective and moving documentaries directed by British Indian filmmaker and writer, Nasreen Munni Kabir -- the Bollywood star states: 'There are three people in me: A person, an actor and a star. I try to keep as much in touch with reality as I can. Try to remember what the star did, what the actor did and what I did. Most people I know become so schizophrenic, they forget.'

Kabir's two films, The Inner World of Shah Rukh Khan (produced for Britain's Channel 4) and The Outer World of Shah Rukh Khan (produced for Khan's Red Chillies International), do exactly that -- show how Khan lives in three worlds at all times, trying to keep a balance, his sanity and also staying rooted to reality. The DVDs of both films were released last week in the US by Eros Entertainment.

Kabir first shot The Inner World, while Khan was working on Farah Khan's Main Hoon Na. Then, last year, she followed Khan, along with stars like Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta, Saif Ali Khan and Arjun Rampal, as they performed at the Temptations show in different cities in the UK and US. That journey became The Outer World.

Most fans of Khan -- like the screaming crowds that lined up in the cold wet night of October 13 in Jackson Heights, Queens to witness the launch of the DVDs -- only imagine and fantasise about the characters Khan projects on screen -- often that of a romantic hero in films like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, or Kal Ho Naa Ho. "Everyone cried in Kal Ho Naa Ho, when he died," said 14 year-old Shamita Rahman, a fan who had the misfortune of not being able to meet her favourite star. But in Kabir's films, we get a rare in-depth profile of Khan, the person, who opens up about his life and speaks extremely frankly before the camera. Kabir and her cinematographer, Peter Chappell, become psychotherapists for Khan and the actor -- bright and articulate -- shows his humble and vulnerable side.

It is often touching and very moving, especially when Khan repeatedly brings up the memory of his late parents, a loss that he has not been able to fully recover from. "The only cure for sadness," Khan says, "is to keep working."

"It is the only way for me to avoid depression," he adds, not shying away from speaking about his older sister who suffers from depression perhaps due to the death of her parents.

The access that Kabir got doesn't end there. Towards the beginning of The Inner World, we watch Khan as he gets treatment for his neck and back pain at Dr Ali Irani's clinic in Mumbai, or when he has an aura healer visit him at home. Khan lives with constant neck and back pain, a reminder that even big celebrities do not have a perfect life.

Large parts of The Outer World are set in the green rooms of convention centers and sports arenas in the UK and US. Khan is often shown in various stages of undressing (though when he has to change his pants, he walks into a private bathroom), rushing from one act to another, sweating, often breathless, but always energised by the hysterical screaming of fans. (As compared to that, the camera at one time catches a glimpse of a bare-chested Rampal, in Khan's green room. "No, do not shoot me," Rampal says, as he hurriedly tries to cover his partial nakedness.)

"Live stage makes me feel like a star," Khan says. "The first time I appeared before 20,000 screaming fans, I felt like I was the biggest star in the universe."

Of the two films, The Inner World works better. The film has some amazing quiet moments such as when Khan visits St Columba's, the Catholic missionary private school he attended in New Delhi. The camera follows Khan in a private moment when he prays in the school's cathedral. He gets teary eyed as he reflects on that experience. Later, Khan visits his parents' graves. At all times during this trip to New Delhi, Khan is surrounded by fans who ask for autographs.

Despite all the fame, money and awards, the trip to the city of his childhood and teenage years also reminds Khan about the simpler days when he didn't have to live with the exterior fa鏰de of being a star. He misses connecting with people who knew him before he became Bollywood's biggest star, he tells Kabir.

Bollywood stars live in a plastic world, which on the surface seems glamorous and compelling. But their lives are often messy. The media and fans thrive on stories of the arrogance of some stars -- of drug addiction, guns and underworld connections, allegations of physical abuse of female co-stars and killings of homeless people and endangered animals.

In the midst of this, Kabir's documentaries take us inside the world of Khan -- a solid human being ("Bahut sharif aadmi hai," Kabir recently said about Khan). His main concern is to build a secure life for his wife, his two children and his sister, so they do not have to face loss and hardship as he did, when he was younger.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-10-2005 05:07 PM | Show all posts
Twinkle Khanna: The design diva

Twinkle Khanna confesses that when she started her interior design business more than four years ago, had she imagined how big it would get, she might have been scared to go ahead. Instead, she worked her way up the ladder, "step by step".

Now she has an A-list clientele (consider names like Salman Khan, Shahid Kapur, Tabu), a team of over 60 in her firm, an EDIDA award for wall finishes, two furniture and lifestyle stores in Mumbai and plans to open another in the South next year. All this, besides the duties of being a star wife and mother to Aarav. And she is among the first to admit that she is having a far better run in this profession than she did as an actress.

Putting finishing touches to her newest store, White Window, in Khar, Twinkle says, "I started as an assistant to an interior designer but then I became an actress. When you are young, that kind of money is very attractive. It was great fun but I didn't think I had the aptitude to continue in films for another 20 years, so I became a site supervisor and learned on the job."

While she herself has not had any formal training in design, Twinkle highly recom mends a stint at a design school. "I had to work doubly hard to cover the same subjects. I had to go through a crash course. The best combination is training and ability, but it's most important to see pictures in your head."
Twinkle's design aesthetic, visible in Enigma and Spices at JW Marriott, is "luxurious, opulent, a splash of extravagance, without being extravagantly priced". She is working on a catering institute in Fort, a house in England and a centre for handicapped children on the outskirts of Mumbai. Design trends, she says, are linked to fashion trends, so in vogue are "sparkle, Indian influences, deeper colours, layering and textures."

It all began when Twinkle was a child. "We were always making things with our hands - crocheting, knitting, drawing, making candles. We got it from our maternal grandmother. " Today, the Faraway Tree candles, fronted by her mother Dimple Kapadia, have an international reputation and can be seen all over White Window. But it all began on the sly.

"The company actually belongs to my sister Rinke. Candles were a hobby; mum never wanted it to be commercial. One day, without her knowledge, Rinke took a box of the candles to a store in Khar and sold them. That's how we turned it into a business. Today, dealing with my mother and getting production going is the toughest thing since she tends to take me for granted," she quips.

Besides being a businesswoman, she also jug- gles responsibilities as mother to three-year-old Aarav and wife to popular actor Akshay Kumar. "If you share the responsibilities of bringing up your child equally then a woman can do anything. Akshay and I share responsibilities 50-50. He gives Aarav a bath at least five times a week and looks after him when I have to go on work trips."

Are they considering a second child? "It would be a very bad time to have another kid," she answers without hesitation. "I have no time at all and I am enjoying this part of Aarav's childhood."

Last year, gossip journals were littered with stories of strains in her marriage, but Twinkle says she did not let those affect her. "I've never really bothered about what people say. I was born in this industry and seen things like this since I was a kid, including gossip about my parents."

Any plans of merging films with design, perhaps dabbling in set design or art direction? "It's flattering when I see my work on the big screen (copied or sourced) but while I would be happy to give a design, I would not want to execute the set. It might be fun, but I like more lasting things," she smiles.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-6-2007 04:23 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 18-10-2005 03:56 PM | Show all posts
Aftab Shivdasani: 慖抎 like my girl to be a bit of tom-boy

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 18-10-2005 09:14 PM | Show all posts
KARISMA BACK WITH HUSBAND

Bollywood star Karisma Kapoor and her Delhi-based industrialist husband Sunjay Kapur have patched up thanks to their Goa holiday trip. Karisma is back along with her daughter in her husband's Delhi home. The couple's marriage had hit a rocky patch following Karisma's pregnancy . However, on the court as well as the elders' advice, Karisma had been to Goa with Sunjay and their seven-month-old baby Samaira on October 12. Now, they are back home following mutual understanding. Her dad Randhir Kapoor has confirmed the patch up news. Randhir termed the marital discord as ''mere ego clashes.'' ''I'm glad that they handled it like mature people. Let's hope they are happy together,'' he said.

This news puts an end to all the earlier reports about the problems in their marriage following Karisma's comeback to Mumbai during her pregnancy. This is to recall that there were reports of Karisma demanding an alimony of Rs 70 million. The couple was also embroiled in a legal battle over Samaira's passport. Sources close to the couple said the marriage was not functioning well because Karisma didn't approve of her husband's lifestyle. Others countered it by saying that she didn't want to live in Delhi. The Goa holiday was seen as a last attempt at a reconciliation on the eve of their second wedding anniversary in September. ''The elders in the family advised them to spend some time together away from the distractions of Mumbai. I'm glad they listened to us and sorted out the problems. The family is very relieved,'' added the father.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 11:58 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 18-10-2005 09:33 PM | Show all posts
JOHN LEARNS JOURNALISM

John Abraham took an informal training in journalism before leaving for Afghanistan for his next movie 'Kabul Express'. He said he needs the training because he is playing a journalist in this movie. He was in the midst of a large number of journalists gathered in Gurgaon near Delhi. In fact, John advised his audience comprising newspersons to ask different ( hat ke ) questions from him as he was prepared to answer any of them. John Abraham was there in connection with the function of Castrol India that has appointed him its brand ambassador. He explained that he makes ad only for those products which complement him.

John said that he would do everything possible to help the earthquake victims. He has been in touch with the government in this regard, he added. He regretted that a movie like 'Water' could not be exhibited in India. Regarding his forthcoming movies, John said that these included 'Garam Masala', 'Babul', 'Satta Ke Dashak', 'No, Dus, Gyarah' and 'Kabul Express'. When asked to identify the best film of his career so far, John mentioned the Mahesh Bhatt directed 'Jism' starring Bipasha Basu opposite him.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 11:59 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-10-2005 09:40 PM | Show all posts
HEMA DESPERATE TO ACT WITH ESHA

Our team met with the Bollywood's dream girl Hema Malini. She has become more popular in New Delhi than in Mumbai since she entered the Rajya Sabha. We had a brief conversation with her. In fact, she came to New Delhi to open an exquisite jewelry show in the most crowded Karol Bagh market of West Delhi.

What are your forthcoming movies ?

I am doing a movie where I play a rich lady. Since I am fond of gold ornaments, I wear a lot of gold jewelry in this movie.

When will you act with your daughter ?

I am also desperately looking forward to work in such a project where both of us are seen together. As and when I get an opportunity, I shall grab it.

How come you open a jewelry show?

I like jewelry very much. I have been collecting jewelry for a long time to gift it to my daughter in her marriage.

How do you relate yourself with gold? Please tell us in one line.

My name (Hema) means a goddess wearing gold ornaments.

What's the difference between the jewelry used in films in the past and at present?

First of all, you may be surprised to know that the jewelry worn in films is artificial. Still, there is a great change in jewelry used now and in the past.

What's the secret behind your beauty?

Well, let it remain a secret.

Hema Malini & Esha Deol

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 11:59 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 18-10-2005 09:50 PM | Show all posts
Akshay's physique

The rough and tough Akshay Kumar has all the reasons to smile. General Vij recently appreciated the acrobatic Khiladi Kumar for his physical assets. In a party where only director Kulbushan Gupta and Akshay Kumar were there, Akshay was showered with praises. In his modesty Akshay replied that Armed Forces people are the real heroes that all are proud of.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:00 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 18-10-2005 10:04 PM | Show all posts
Versatile Kareena

The "Poo" of 'K3G' Kareena has matured as a serious actress. It was not easy for a 23-year-old vibrant star to accept a role of a sex worker in 'Chameli'. She explained that her experience of the role was thought provoking, though it provided her with a wider perspective towards life. This is her first experience with the parallel cinema and with an actor of a different stream like Rahul Bose. In spite of a series of flops, she may prove a hit in 'Chameli' as Kareena has done what the script demanded from her. She is very happy for her elder sis Karishma and her career the way it's shaping up well.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:01 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 18-10-2005 10:07 PM | Show all posts
Govinda's hard luck

The evergreen vibrant Bollywood actor Govinda is going through the slimmest phase of his life. Govinda along with the positive teamwork from director like David Dhawan was calling the shot while he lost track. With his films falling like ninepins he is in quagmire. Govinda thinks his luck will return as he has given his hundred percent in all his films. Surely Govinda is hoping for revival.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-10-2005 10:12 PM | Show all posts
Ash's magic

Aishwarya Rai's magical performance in 'Choker Bali' did wonders for her beau Vivek Oberoi and his family. Vivek along with his mother went to multiplex to watch the film. It was a moment of delight for them as they watch Ms Rai in Rabindra Nath Tagore's timeless classic that was well executed by Rituparno Ghosh. Good work keeps large admirers around.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:02 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 18-10-2005 10:15 PM | Show all posts
Arshad Warsi's 'Kabul Express'

Arshad Warsi seems to be on seventh heaven after his appreciation in recently released 'Munnabhai M.B.B.S' and 'Waisa Bhi Hota Hai (Part II)'. Arshad did a splendid job in portraying Sanjay Dutt's buddy "Circuit" in 'Munnabhai M.B.B.S'. Arshad Warsi is now playing an important role in cross border political thriller 'Kabul Express' and for it's shooting he will be heading to Afghanistan. Documentary director Kabeer Khan has directed the film.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:03 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2005 01:03 PM | Show all posts
WILL SHAAHID LOSE STARDOM FOR LOVE?

Will Shaahid Kapoor stake his stardom for his star lover is a million dollar question before his fans? Both Shaahid and his love Kareena Kapoor have come from the filmi families, and have proved a hit pair in Bollywood. They have two bodies, but one soul. But this has posed a danger signal in the way of Shaahid?s stardom . The producers and the directors want to cash their hit pair. However, Shaahid hasn?t ever said that he loves Kareena more than his career. The industry wonders if he would turn out a one film wonder! Shaahid feels upset on the media making inquiries from him about Kareena. It seems that the lip locking of Shaahid and Kareena in the distant past is still in public memory. This is unfortunate though that the industry isn?t cashing on the role model of the teenagers.

Shaahid may not look very strong from his outside appearance, but he does possess a well built and muscular body. Despite this, he is not considered fit for action movies, and he may better be confined to teeny bopper romantic college love stories. Strangely, the critics feel that Shaahid is losing his charm since his ?Fida? flopped! Incidentally, contrary to the critics? views, Subhash Ghai has signed the Shaahid-Kareena pair for his ?36 China Town? being directed by Abbas Mastan and starring Akshaye Khanna. Shaahid is touchy or jealous too. He won?t like his lady love acting with others. However, the news of Kareena acting with Akshaye Khanna in ?36 China Town? hasn?t surprised Shaahid who is convinced that in the reel life he cannot avoid his girl friend acting with other stars.

Though Shaahid?s movies flopped recently, he is very popular in shows and ad films. This is evident from the IFFA awards held recently at Amsterdam where he had charmed the audience, especially women, by his excellent dance . After all, he is the son of actor parents. While his father Pankaj Kapoor is a well known actor of both the screens, the mother named Neelima is an equally talented actress and dancer.

His admirers say that he is as versatile an actor as others. This is accidental that he has got an image of a romantic actor following his lip locking with Kareena. That?s why the directors have written only romantic roles for him. But to move forward towards stardom, he needs to shed this exclusive image of a romantic actor. He must play a variety of roles so that his travel to stardom doesn?t suffer any more.

Are Shaahid and Kareena listening ? They have lost more and got less. While they gained cheap publicity, they lost their dearer privacy. Not only Shaahid but Kareena has also realized this. Both seem to have learnt it and have become matured. However, they need to practice it in their career by choosing films. After all, Shaahid has been giving a hit every year. This shows that he has enough star material in him.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:03 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2005 01:18 PM | Show all posts
'ITEM GIRL' NAMRATA

Namrata Shirodkar, one of beauty queen-turned-actress, recently tried her hands on "item song". She did a ravishing item song in 'Tehzeeb', the recently released movie. In the forthcoming 'Charas' too, she has done an item number. Tigmanshu Dhooliya directs the film. Namrata feels it's no harm to do item number if it is well composed with hummable tunes, she says.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:07 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-10-2005 01:21 PM | Show all posts
Shilpa's 'Kahin Aag Na Lag Jaye'

Shilpa Shetty, the dark long legged beauty of Bollywood, will be the leading lady of Saif International's 'Kahin Aag Na Lag Jaye'. Recently the shooting of the film commenced in Ramoji Rao Studio of Hyderabad. Partho Ghosh directs the film. The other stars of the film include Esha Deol and Milind Soman. Anand Raj Anand composes the music and Praveen Bharadwaj renders the lyrics. Ranvir Pushp writes the story and screenplay of the film. Barkat K.Sansera produces the film.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:08 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2005 01:36 PM | Show all posts
Shilpa's classy act

Shilpa Shetty, the long legged Bollywood girl, is trying different things these days. Shilpa's career graph has been low for quite some time and this is the time for her to take daring steps. She is planning to play the role of an AIDS patient in director Revathi's film, which is inspired by Hollywood's flick 'Philadelphia'. Hollywood films have been a great source of inspiration for Bollywood directors and this project follows this trend. Abhishek Bachchan plays the character of Denziel Washington in 'Philadelphia'. It remains to be seen how Shilpa fares in an offbeat film like this?

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2005 01:46 PM | Show all posts
ESHA WISHES TO ACT WITH PAPA TOO

After Sunil Dutt shared a movie platform with his son Sanjay in 'Munnabhai MBBS' and Amitabh Bachchan announced to do a film with Abhishek, Esha Deol has planned to act in a film with her parents. While her mother Hema Malini will be very happy to do anything to boost the career of her daughter Esha, her father Dharmendra is yet to approve it. This is to recall that Dharmendra had earlier opposed Esha's entry into Bollywood. Since Esha has already acted in several films, it is to be seen if he would now revise his opinion and fulfill the desire of her daughter to act in a movie with her parents. Besides satisfying her daughter, Dharmendra would also help Esha to improve her filmi career graph. Will Papa oblige her daughter?

Dream girl Hema Malini too will be excited to do a movie with Dharmendra after a long time though. Hopefully the Hema-Dharmendra starrer will not remain behind in hitting the bos office as has 'Baghbaan' done recently, starring Hema and Amitabh Bachchan.

Esha Deol

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:08 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2005 02:03 PM | Show all posts
WHAT WENT WRONG WITH ASH?

Aishwarya Rai is in quagmire these days. Time after time big projects are slipping out of her hands. Ash's brilliant chemistry with Sanjay Leela Bhansali did wonders for her and Bollywood. After her break up with Salman Khan, she has been out of 'Bajirao Mastani'; her role eventually went to Kareena Kapoor. Aishwarya was also in contention for the female lead in 'Chalte Chalte' but Rani Mukherjee was preferred. Recently, Aish suffered the biggest loss in her film career when she was ousted from Bobby Bedi's 'The Rising'.

This promising project had Aamir Khan in the title and lead role of Mangal Pandey. Here her role went to cute Amisha Patel. Lady luck is not shinning bright on her career, as last year did not prove promising for her. She will be waiting for 'Khakee' though, which can be a breather for her. Her link up with Vivek Oberoi also made things different for her. Moreover, reports of her demand of an astronomical amount as her fee also adversely affected her career. It's high time that Ash makes a positive move towards improving her image in this respect, and restores her glory in the industry.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 28-4-2006 05:56 PM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 09:59 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.078148 second(s), 41 queries .