Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 19-10-2005 04:16 PM | Show all posts
SRK, Hrithik, Abhishek Endorse 慓

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-10-2005 04:20 PM | Show all posts
'Shah Rukh bahut sharif aadmi hai'

Nasreen Munni Kabir remembers Shah Rukh Khan's reaction when she pitched the idea of a documentary based on the star's life to him.

"His first reaction was why me?" says the British Indian filmmaker and journalist as she sits in the lobby of Manhattan's Radisson Hotel, to talk about her two documentaries The Inner/ Outer World of Shah Rukh Khan. "Am I important enough to make any difference?"

And in The Inner World, the first of the two films, Kabir shoots a similar scene where film journalist Anupama Chopra (wife of filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra) pitches a book project to Khan. "I am honoured, but when I first told Gauri (Khan's wife) that Anu wants to write a book on me, she said, 'Are you mad, who will read it?'" Khan says in the film.

Kabir choose Khan as a film subject because she felt that the actor had brought a distinctive change to the Hindi film industry. Quite in the same way as Shammi Kapoor changed the way young heroes were perceived or the impact that Amitabh Bachchan, Lata Mangeshkar or Guru Dutt had on the industry.

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 17-11-2005 10:23 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2005 04:24 PM | Show all posts
Shah Rukh "embarrassed" over documentary being made on his life

Bollywood pasha Shah Rukh Khan, enjoying an iconic status and awash with riches, says it is embarrassing for him that a documentary is being made on his life but he has no say in it.

"They (people) say...You can't be doing this stuff. We don't know that you could be like this. People should know. And I am okay with it. I have no say in it. As a matter of fact, even to talk about this documentary as a commercial prospect is a little embarrassing for me.

"I mean it, I am not selling a film; I'm selling my life, which is a little odd," Shah Rukh, whose film Paheli is an Indian entry for the Oscar nominations this year, told BBC in an interview, which will be aired tomorrow.

The actor of many a potboiler, Shah Rukh is candid enough to point out that one never really knows anyone.

"...To be very honest, and even after this documentary, you won't know who I am. And I am an actor, so it may be even doubly hard to figure out who I am. But I think what it covers, it is a quieter version of me. It's a more internal version of me," he told Tom Brook, the BBC interviewer.

Apparently elated about his film Paheli, the actor says the flick has the most interesting story he has heard in his whole career and it has also all the colours of India.

"...It's a very forward thinking film for women. If you are unhappy in love or in a relationship, are you going to stick to it or are you going to take a choice, even if it happens to be a ghost?"

Shah Rukh says the film has all the colours of India and has all the elements which plague the country or make it so wonderful.

"I feel very nice that it is representative of cinema from our country for the Oscars. Oscars is considered the greatest award for filmmakers, so it would be -- it is something that all of would wish; that we get the Oscar also."

On his gay image, the actor says people call him by different names, including metro sexual who appeals to men and women alike. "I have done a new ad with Lux with women in a bathtub; and they say the guys like it. It is okay. You know, for an actor who is trying...First, I have nothing against anybody's sexuality. It's wonderful if you are what you are, and comfortable with it. I am quite comfortable with mine."

On the money he makes, the actor is honest enough to reveal that "I make enough money to be able to walk into a shop and not have to choose this colour or that colour; I can take them both. And if I can do that, I feel I make a lot of money. But I can't walk into a car store and do that, no; I can't choose two cars. But in most of the stores that I go into, if I like this, then I can take both of them.

"With fame you become a star and with stardom, a lot of self-centredness comes," he points out.

Asked about his endorsing products and the attendant responsibility, Shah Rukh says most of the stuff he is endorsing are an internationally acclaimed brand. "Most of them have been there for years; hundreds of years, eighty years, ninety years. So obviously their risk is much more when they sign me on."

What makes him so appealing with his fans?

"I don't really know; I get surprised myself, I'll be plain honest with you. First I thought I was just plain lucky, but you can't be se lucky for so many years. Then I think God has been kind to me, which is really nice; it can't be my talent, because I know there are more talented people than I am.

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 15-1-2006 03:59 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2005 04:34 PM | Show all posts
Anil抯 stubble story

His wife抯 murder might have brought him rave reviews as has the lengths to which he went to create his look for the film. When we talked to the actor, we realized that Anil happens to be among the pioneers of the stubble look. The talented actor gave us a little dope into how he cultivated the look.

揃aat tab ki hain jab main naya-naya industry mein aaya tha攈e starts off in his trademark Hindi. 揥hen I approached producers for roles, they used to offer me romantic leads. After a time, I started finding that jaded. So I started asking them for different characters. That抯 when they told me that my face looked boyish and innocent for tough roles and that, they couldn抰 see me playing a ruffian or a gali ka gunda. That was it. I decided I needed to do something about it. So I grew a stubble to give my face that 慼ard

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2005 04:38 PM | Show all posts
Sanjay Dutt in Home Delivery?

Sanjay Dutt recently shot for an item number for Ek Ajnabee

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 02:42 PM | Show all posts
AKSHAY'S DEEPAWALI BONANZA

This Dipawali is going to be special for Akshay Kumar and his fans, of course for his wife and child too. In fact, three of his movies will release this Deepawali as compared to last year's one titled 'Aitraaz'. Even the single release didn't fare well, presumably because of the unequal and fierce competition from others like the colored version of famous historical 'Mughal-E-Azam and Shah Rukh Khan's 揤eer Zaara'. This festive season between Deepawali and Eid , he is going to feast the movie watchers by his three releases. They will include Priyadarshan's 'Garam Masala', Vikram Bhatt's 'Deewane Huye Paagal' and Sunil Darshan's 'Dosti - The Friends For Ever' between Deepawali and Eid.

But besides Akshay starrers, there will be many other movies to compete with his. Likely among them are Prakash Jha's 'Apaharan', David Dhawan's 'Shaadi No One' and Priyadarshan's second 'Kyunki'. Apart from these, the Hindi movie watchers will have an extra bonus in the form of 'Home Delivery' and 'Milenge-Milenge'. Significantly though there isn't a hero of Akshay's stature among the festive bonanza. While Akshay will contribute three to the Deepawali bonanza other heroes will exhibit one each. Yes, the heroes will be Salman Khan in 'Kyunki', Ajay Devgan in 'Apaharan', Sanjay Dutt in 'Shaadi No One', Vivek Oberoi in 'Home Delivery' and Shaahid Kapoor in 'Milenge Milenge'. We wish Akshay a real festive season!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-10-2005 02:54 PM | Show all posts
Mahesh is satisfied with Pooja

Pooja Bhatt is her father Mahesh Bhatt's daughter. She realized this when she grew old and felt her responsibility to be self-dependent. She says she decided to do everything herself rather than depending on her filmmaker father. After all, children don't remain children and parents not parents for good. In this connection, she had to fight at home and was forced to change the heroine of her film. While her father visited her after the completion of the schedule in Goa, he expressed full satisfaction with her work. Besides, he put on record that she has already reached the top and that he need not worry about her any more.

Pooja Bhatt

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:41 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 03:02 PM | Show all posts
Amisha plays dumb

The new trend of heroes and heroines turning mentally challenged is growing fast in Bollywood. After Hrithik Roshan's playing a mentally challenged in 'Koi Mil Gaya', Rani Mukherjee played a blind girl in 'Black', soon followed by 'Kaho Na Pyaar Hai' Amisha Patel following her in her forthcoming movie. Now, Amisha Patel will play a dumb girl too in Harry Baweja's next starring Sunny Deol (repeating with 'Gadar-Ek Prem Katha's pair) besides 'Qayamat' girl Neha Dhupia in a key role. Yes, Amisha is playing a real dumb as far as her personal life is concerned.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:44 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-10-2005 03:06 PM | Show all posts
Big B in Kannad 'Amit Dhare'

Yes, it's true that Amitabh Bachchan starrer Kannad film titled 'Amit Dhare' released in Bangalore last Friday has surprised the people of Karnataka. Amit has spoken such a fluent Kannad in the movie that it has left a deep impression on Kannads. When it was brought to Amitabh's notice, the actor praised Kannad people for their love and affection for him though he has a very brief role; he enters and exits the movie just in sleep! He has told this during the shooting for Vidhu Vinod Chopra's 'Eklavya' in Rajasthan. Big B has added that the current shooting reminds him of the glorious past when he was shooting for Sunil Dutt's 'Reshma Aur Shera'. Amitabh is playing the 'Eklavya' character in it, but doesn't know why Chopra has named him Eklavya. The title of the movie has been changed from 'Yajna' though.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:47 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 03:45 PM | Show all posts
SALMAN IN SAWAN'S 'SAWAN'

Sawan Kumar who made several hit movies in Bollywood in the past is very desperate to repeat one after fourteen years. So, he had prepared a script but was looking for a hero to suit the script. Sawan thought of Salman who has worked with him in the latter's initial days in two movies

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 04:24 PM | Show all posts
Salman, Priyanka on ramp

Time was when a readymade shirt passed off as fashion. Today, the fashion business has changed dramatically!

A liberal mix of glamour. Oodles of creativity. That was the essence of Bollywood抯 Numero Uno designer Vikram Phadnis

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 04:58 PM | Show all posts
'NEVER SAY DIE' HRITHIK FINALLY SUCCEEDS

How do you measure a man's success? Is it with his looks, money, status or education? A man's success is not measured by the magnitude he climbs, but how he bounces back when he hits the bottom. As they say in movies, once a superstar is always a superstar. When the chips were down and critics were at their best the stage was set for a fight back. Hrithik made gargantuan efforts to rejuvenate and resurrect himself with all his potential and talent to be on top. Like a true Capricorn he practiced "never say die" instinct that brought him back with a bang. The year saw the revival of one of prodigies of the dream industry. Yes, it was the renaissance of Hrithik Roshan. The blue-eyed handsome hunk with washboard abs shed his masculinity and transformed himself into mentally challenged school kid.

Rakesh Roshan's dream project 'Koi Mil Gaya' saw the revival of his son that the latter needed badly. From the cherished days of his dream debut 'Kaho Na Pyar Hai' to morose days of semi-hits and flops the world was the same for this large hearted gentleman. The greatest of the great made the worst with him. Blame it on his over expectation or semi-baked concepts, which failed to click with the audience. Papa Roshan blames the theology of the films that blob. Mom Pinky was overprotected, as he believed in Duggu's potentials. Hrithik's beloved and now his wife Suzanne stood by him when he was in quandary. Batting on sticky wicket was not easy as going was tough and rough. The fiasco of projects that shook Hrithik's mantle of superstardom was from big shots of the film industry. The debacle turned sycophants into detractors. Poor Hrithik was made scapegoat, and his world was in quagmire. The products he endorsed sidelined him. He was buried under the debris of forgettable misadventures.

Hrithik was considered as another Kumar Gaurav as he could not establish himself as solo hero. One film wonder was never considered a winning preposition as he was left with no big choices. The perfect on screen and off screen chemistry with his dad did wonders as it wrote history. It took Herculean efforts from Papa Roshan to resurrect Hrithik's career as he landed with enigmatic concept of science fiction. The cocktail of sci-fi films were blended so well that it conceptualized the theme and character for film and Hrithik. 'Koi Mil Gaya' was in fact "E.T. meets Forrest Gump". Hrithik portrayed mentally challenged boy Rohit Mehra who shelters alien. It won him accolades from the world over.

The unsung hero lived a boy's adventure tale. The school kids adored him and liked the flair in which he portrayed. The monumental concept of larger than life spaceship and alien hit the box office with panache. The flamboyance of Hrithik paved the way for the biggest hit of the year. The versatile genius proves his mettle through his dancing and acting skills. The lucky mascot and the prettiest of all Preity Zinta was also instrumental for the big bash.

Besides, the cool dude is all charged up for his military action in 'Lakshay', which is also ornamented with the acting skills of Amitabh Bachchan. Once bitten twice-shy Hrithik now believes in the credibility of concept as he has realized that no body can rise over a bad film. When the going gets tough, tough gets going---the saying goes well for a guy like Hrithik. As the New Year opens new horizons for everybody, it has some space for Hrithik Roshan too. For many of his fans he remains an icon who prefers to love and to be loved by everyone.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-6-2007 04:15 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 05:04 PM | Show all posts
Krrish diary: Special make-up for Hrithik Roshan

Well that's the secrecy under which the movie is being shot in Singapore away from the media hype so that everything about the movie is under wraps and expectedly comes in as a pleasant surprise to the audiences when it hits the screens in June 2006.

But after much research and tracking of the Krrish shootings, I finally came to know the location they are going to shoot - Robinson Road. It was raining heavily when I left from NTU to meet Indian superstar Hrithik Roshan and ex-Miss World Priyanka Chopra.

The whole road was blocked by Singapore Police, their vans and motorbikes and a big truck on the other side. Amazing to see the otherwise crowded road so deserted. It was raining and they had paused the shooting. The sequence they were planning to shoot was of a kid jumping from a building and our superman Hrithik Roshan saving him. They had already shot some parts of it in the morning when it was sunny.

Hrithik was sitting inside an air conditioned van when we saw him. We tried talking to some crew members to get us an interview from Hrithik; who redirected us to the head of crew Kamal. Kamal didn't allow us to meet Hrithik as they didn't want to disclose his special make-up. He was quite angry by a popular media channel who according to him after being rejected an interview with Hrithik, took a photo of 'Krrish shooting' from the top of a building.

Rakesh Roshan was sitting in front of MPH, Robinson Road with his other friends. Though he didn't say anything, while just nodding to our 'hi's; he initially seemed a bit cold. We requested him to allow us to take a photo and he quite generously offered us a chair to sit and click.

At around 4:30 pm the film crew started packing up since they had lost their hopes that the rain would stop. Some fans on the set started jumping with joy when Hrithik Roshan personally came down and signed autographs for them. "He was so near you could just take out your mobile and click his photo", exclaimed an overjoyed fan. But anyway that didn't happen. We tried to convince our crew friends to allow us take a photo as he must have removed his makeup by now, but, by then Hrithik had already left on this white van. Also, the crew was discouraged by seeing the rain. It amounted to a loss of $25000.

Where they are shooting next is a big issue no one knows about. "Director saab shaam ko hi batatey hain ke agle din ki shooting kahaan hone wali hai. Pehle se kisi ko maloom nahi rehta", says a crew member. (The director tells us about the next day's shooting location only one day in advance in the evening. No one knows about it beforehand).

But, as the day was packing we came to know that the next day's shooting will be held in National Library again on Monday. And back on Robinson Road next Weekend.

Priyanka is back in Mumbai enjoying her holidays. Apparently, she doesn't have any more scenes to be shot in Singapore.  

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:49 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 05:12 PM | Show all posts
MANISHA'S DANGEROUS OBSESSION

Whatever Manisha does becomes a controversy? This time it's the dangerous obsession of young guy for her. We are talking about her latest film 'Tum-Dangerous Obsession'. It's Venus Tapes and Records' Presentation. Manisha comes out with an erotic thriller with latest sensation Karan Nath 'Ssshhh..'. Anti-hero portrayal in murder mystery in 'SSShhh

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 05:15 PM | Show all posts
ABHISHEK BACHCHAN: THE DARK HORSE

The only and lonely heir to the legacy of country's biggest superstar is in spotlight again with the industry's magnum opus. Abhishek Bachchan, the dark horse of the industry, is out again to prove his worth with best possible line- up of talents. J.P.Dutta's 'LoC-Kargil' will be hotshot for Abhishek as he comes out with challenging role of Lt. Col. Vikram Batra. The nexus of Abhishek and J.P.Dutta was instrumental in his launching vehicle 'Refugee' in year 2000.

The lethal combination of belligerent star son and determined filmmaker is back with fire. The year saw Bachchan Jr in distinct colors. The year began with much expected 'Kuch Na Kaho' opposite porcelain beauty Miss Gorgeous Aishwarya Rai but it never rose to anybody's expectation. Abhishek justified his role of cherubic and ever dependable guy "Raj" but this Ramesh Sippy presentation never got any lifeline.

Bachchan Jr's credibility was at stake as to everybody's belief it was to be super hit. Poor Abhishek was always pitted against his legendary father Amitabh Bachchan. The rural backdrop in 'Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost' was not a breather either as it too sank without any trace. Abhishek again was the scapegoat, but many doubted the authenticity of the concept. Apoorva Lakhiya's dream project has distinct shades of Oscar nominated 'Lagaan', but it lacks depth and penetration as it was declared a blob at the box-office.

Abhishek heaved a sigh of relief with most dependable and bankable director Sooraj Barjatya with semi-hit 'Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon'. Hrithik stole all the limelight, but Jr Bachchan was also appreciated in a submissive role of "Prem". The concept of Barjatya's previous hit 'Chitchor' went well with masses but Sooraj could not convert it into a blockbuster. Abhishek carried himself well but second fiddle could not justify his potential. The multi-starrer thriller 'Zameen' gave him different outlook as he played a cop much to the delight of his fan. The film has backdrop of real event of plane hijacking but besides all the media hype this film flopped.

The son of most successful superstar was stranded without any great success. The filmography of Abhishek is not impressive either as success has always eluded him from the day one. The strings of flops couldn't deter his grit and determination. Abhishek's journey began with a deglamourised characterization of a refugee in J.P.Dutta's last release that was also the launching pad for Kareena. The sick and haggard "treatment" spoiled the show as many considered it as one of the worst film from one of the finest director in the tinsel town. 'Tera Jadoo Chal Gaya', 'Dhai Akshar Perm Ke' and 'Bas Itna Sa Khwab' followed it in quick succession, but to Abhishek's dismay the project was a loser.

Abhishek suffered bad luck in real life too as his long time buddy Karisma married Sanjay Kapur, a Delhi based businessman. One hopes that Abhishek should find true love in his life. Abhishek has promising future coming his way as he has almost a dozen of projects in hand. Boney Kapoor's 'Run', Ram Gopal Verma's 'Naach', Mani Ratnam 'Yuva' and his home production 'Ranveer' are some of his prominent films, which promise to write history. It will be an acid test for this broody and subtle handsome guy as nation gets prepared to watch the biggest war epic on silver screen soon.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 12:57 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 05:18 PM | Show all posts
JUHI WANTS TO BE SINGER

Juhi Chawla who woos the Indian audience the most by her smile has decided to turn a playback singer. After her marriage followed by the birth of her daughter, she devotes her rest of the time towards learning music. This is her earnest wish, and she is confident of fulfilling it. Juhi is not quitting films either. She will do films but only those, which earn her, name and fame. However, she will not do any movie, which is just moving and dancing around trees. She is very proud of her husband though who is always supportive to her.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-6-2007 04:16 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-10-2005 05:19 PM | Show all posts
Urmila for social cause

The 'Rangeela' girl, Urmila Matondkar, is not far behind her colleagues in doing social work. Recently she was in New Delhi to launch an art exhibition for the noble cause of HIV/AIDS victims. The exhibition was organized by UNDP. Besides, she had also decided to join a demonstration against bonded labor in the capital. Moreover, she went to Pakistan along with filmmaker Prahalad Kakkar to shoot a music video there in the aid of HIV/AIDS victims. Who says Urmila is only a 'Rangeela' girl.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-6-2007 04:17 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 05:20 PM | Show all posts
DEADLY SANJU IN DIFFERENT COLORS

Handsome hunk Sanjay Dutt is riding high with one of the biggest projects coming his ways. Sanju Baba whose hilarious performance in 'Munnabhai M.B.B.S' hit the box-office is all geared up for the biggest war epic 'LoC-Kargil'. Besides the worthy performance of Col. Yogesh Kumar in this movie, he will be seen in different colors in Mani Shanker's 'Rudraksh' and Sanjay Gupta's 'Plan'. All these films project Sanju in different roles ranging from an army officer to a local goon. Sanjay's versatility is the hallmark of his existence in the industry. 'Rudraksh' a SFX physcho-thriller, presents Sanju as longhaired guy with supernatural powers.

Director Mani Shanker's first choice for the role was Sanjay as the role demanded rage and passion. Sanju's long time buddy Sanjay Gupta presents him as a comic don "Musabhai" along with a brigade of young and upcoming stars. Sanju's character of "Varun" has never been projected in any of his previous films. Sanju's recently released 'Munnabhai M.B.B.S' is not a slapstick comedy but is an emotional drama, which sometimes makes you cry. Shah Rukh Khan was the original choice but after watching Sanju's histrionics one wonders his capabilities.

According to him, his looks and his hairstyle have mattered the most as it punctuated the character he played. The crew cut in 'LoC-Kargil', longhaired looks in 'Rudraksh' and funky hairstyle in 'Plan' tells the story of deadly Dutt's portrayal. Sanjay Dutt's future projects like 'Ranveer' and 'Deewar- Let's Bring Our Heroes Home' and 'Sarhad Par' will also be a class act. This is undoubtedly the most crucial phase of his life when most of his priceless acts will be at stake.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 01:07 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2005 04:41 PM | Show all posts
KARISMA CHASING SHAAHID?

One time charismatic Bolllywood actress Karisma Kapoor is looking for a hot hero to begin her filmi career in a new avatar. Who else could be her hot hero , but her younger sister's boyfriend ? She feels that Shaahid Kapoor is the hottest young hero to play opposite her in her second innings following the patch up with her husband Sunjay Kapoor. Will the Karisma-Shaahid reel pair affect the personal lives of her younger sister Kareena and her boyfriend Shaahid is difficult to guess? Though Karisma's husband hasn't so far publicly allowed his wife to reenter films, her mother Babita is very excited with her daughter's decision. Karisma's daddy Randhir Kapoor may hold a contrary view. But Babita seems to have influenced her daughter Karisma to stand financially on her own legs rather than depending on her husband or in-laws though the latter are rich enough to support her. However, Karisma has confirmed this news by announcing that she had never said goodbye to films even in the past. In fact, she asserts, that she wanted to continue in films even after her marriage. After all, she is an artist and wishes to continue as such, she adds.

Another breaking news is that Karisma has already signed two films; one with Satish Kaushik starring Sanjay Dutt as hero. The second is David Dhawan's movie. The titles of both the movies will be announced soon, she has said. We may recall here that Karisma began her career as a heroine in her 'Prem Qaidi' and then never saw back. She went on giving hit after hit along with Govinda as a star and David Dhawan as director. This trio of Karisma, Govinda and David Dhawan worked very well for a long time though it broke later and proved harmful to all of them. All the three went into wilderness for quite some time. David Dhawan returned and so also Govinda. While Dhawan recovered somewhat , Govinda never attained his lost status in the industry, and meanwhile shifted to politics.

Since, Karisma is entering into her second innings with her old patron David Dhawan, it's still doubtful if Govinda could help her though her movies with Govinda as hero had worked wonders in the past in 'Saajan Chale Sasural', 'Hero No One', 'Coolie No One', 'Dulara', 'Khuddar' and 'Haseena Maan Jayegee'. Besides commercial movies, Karisma has been successful in her art films too, including 'Fiza' that attracted wide acclaim. Industry circles are keeping their fingers crossed about Karisma's future prospects though she and some of her favorite directors are very optimistic otherwise how else she could have signed two films within few days of her announcement of second innings .

Karisma Kapoor

Shahid Kapoor

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-12-2006 01:10 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2005 04:46 PM | Show all posts
NOW IT'S GOVINDA WITH D

After the Salman's audio tape controversy now it's the turn of actor?turned?politician Govinda, who is seen hugging gangster Chhota Rajan, once a close associate of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim. The tape has been shown by a news channel. According to the senior official of the channel, the footage was from a party held in Dubai in 1993. The whole industry has expressed its concern and shock. Though Govinda has confessed meeting the underworld don, he has denied any relation with him. Govinda has alleged that his political rivals are spreading such stories to malign him. He has added that he is presently busy in doing several films. Since Govinda belongs to the Congress Party, the latter's spokesman has questioned the motive behind the story and demanded an inquiry into it. We may remind that Dawood Ibrahim is wanted for his role in the Mumbai serial blasts in 1993. Govinda had not entered politics then.

''There's definitely a motive behind the story and it needs to be probed. For popular figures, it is impossible to ascertain antecedents of people who happen to be present near them in public. The rest is for Govinda to answer,'' the spokesman said.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 12:05 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058546 second(s), 38 queries .