Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 21-2-2006 04:57 PM | Show all posts
Abhishek to rap again?

We recently came across reports saying that Abhishek Bachchan is all set to burn the music charts once more with another rap number. The song in question has reportedly been composed by Vishal-Shekhar who were responsible for 慠ight Here Right Now

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-2-2006 05:08 PM | Show all posts
Shah Rukh, Kareena, Priyanka... together!

It's all very hush-hush and rush-rush. But you really can't keep a killing blend like Shah Rukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra under wraps.
The lethal trio shot an ad for Pepsi in Madh Island two weeks ago. The ad is being positioned as 'Pepsi TV'. Says a source, "It basically means

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2006 05:13 PM | Show all posts
In the dock: Salman, Saif and Sonali

A local court ordered framing of charges against Bollywood actors Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan and three heroines in a case relating to the alleged poaching of two black bucks in Kakani in the district in 1998.

Judicial Magistrate Dalpat Singh Rajpurohit adjounred the case till February 26 asking all the five and another accused to appear before the court for hearing the charges.

The court said in its order that there was prima facie evidence against the six accused - Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Neelam, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and a Jodhpur resident Dushyant, Public Prosecutor N K Sankhla said.

It directed framing of charges against Salman under section 148 of the Indian Penal Code relating to joining assembly with a deadly weapon, the Wildlife Protection Act and the Arms Act.

Charges against the remaining accused would be framed under section 147 of IPC relating to unlawful assembly and under provisions of the Wildlife Protection Act and section 149 (every member of unlawful assembly liable for prosecution for common offence).

The court granted permission of exemption from personal appearance in the hearing on February 27 to Salman on whose behalf his counsel Hastimal Sarswat filed a petition for absence in today's hearing.

Salman Khan

Saif Ali Khan

Sonali Bendre
]

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 8-9-2006 04:26 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2006 05:18 PM | Show all posts
Manisha Koirala provided police protection

Actress Manisha Koirala has been provided police protection in the wake of protests following a media report claiming she had named her dog after a revered Muslim figure.

Policemen have been deployed at Koirala's home in suburban Mumbai to prevent any untoward incident following the protests, Additional Commissioner of Police Bipin Bihari told PTI on Tuesday.

The police, however, said the actress does not have a dog.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2006 05:20 PM | Show all posts
More Indian films should be filmed in S. Africa: Anil Kapoor

Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor, who recently became one of South Africa's global brand ambassadors, is rooting for more Indian movies to be filmed.

Citing cases wherein filming of movies on foreign shores had led to increased tourist arrivals in that country, Kapoor said he hoped to see a similar phenomenon in South Africa.

"I will promote South Africa wherever I go and wherever people know me," Kapoor said in an interview to 'The Sunday Times' here.

"New Zealand's tourism increased after movies like 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Kaho Na Pyar Hain' were filmed there. People want to visit places they see on screen," he said.

The actor, currently in Dubai shooting for his new film 'Welcome,' said he also hoped to bring a group of business people from India to invest in South Africa.

Earlier this month, Kapoor was a special guest in the South African Parliament where President Thabo Mbeki lauded the actor's efforts in his State of the Nation address.

Kapoor said he had "great respect" for Mbeki and the way the country is running.

The 'No Entry' star said he would ensure people are made aware of his feelings for the "special" people of South Africa.

"South Africa has great weather and the people are very nice. What is so beautiful is the kind of culture and heritage. People here have such a forgiving nature," he said.

"I have travelled all over the world and met lots of people but South Africans are special," Kapoor added.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2006 05:22 PM | Show all posts
Revealed: Why Preity agreed to the Salaam Namaste kiss

Pretty Preity Zinta is riding high, what with three of her movies set for release this year. While two of them are in the post-production stage, Shirish Kunder抯 Jaaneman  is still being shot. In Rakesh Roshan抯 Krrish, she will be seen in a "very special guest appearance" and in Karan Johar抯 Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, she is one of the important characters, amidst a huge ensemble of stars.

Zinta is among those rare stars in today's cine world who have not stripped or kissed their way on screen to success. But what made her shed her inhibitions for the kissing scene in Salaam Namaste? Perhaps for the first time, Preity unspools her thoughts on that scene...

She reveals, 揥hen Siddharth Anand narrated the script, I was apprehensive about the kissing scene. It took me a few days to agree to it. Lots of people warned me against it but then I delved into the situation in the film and was convinced that it was a kiss between two adults, who are living-in and then they fall in love. It was necessary because when two adults start living together and that too in Australia, this is how it happens in reality. Also it was shown in a very creative manner. I had full faith in the Yash Raj banner and that was the sole reason why I agreed to do it.

"Come on we are living in the second millennium and one can抰 just show two flowers like in the olden days. Times have changed and so have the audiences.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 21-2-2006 05:29 PM | Show all posts
John Abraham`s real name

Not many might know this but John Abraham's Iranian name is Farhan. John's mother is Farsi (Iranian) and at birth the Iranian name Farhan was bestowed on him. However, his father being a Syrian Catholic, he came to be called John.

Currently the actor is busy promoting his next film 慣axi No 9211

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2006 05:30 PM | Show all posts
Age no bar: Women mad about John Abraham

In the UK to promote his film Taxi No. 9 2 11, director Milan Luthria along with actor John Abraham, spoke to Tarun Garg of UTV about the film.

On the title of the film
Luthria: It was actually suggested by Mantra, our poster design company. I loved it and it fits perfectly with the theme of the film. The taxi is the central character of the film.

What's Taxi 9211 about
Luthria: It's about a mad journey that kicks off when a multi-millionaire (John Abraham) meets a frustrated taxi driver (Nana Patekar).

Working with Ajay Devgan and Saif Ali Khan
Luthria: I worked with Ajay again in "Chori Chori". In fact, I'm in touch with Ajay and Saif. We're friends. Both are brilliant actors and I'd love to work with them again once the right subject and script comes by.

Casting Nana Patekar
Luthria: I was very apprehensive about casting Nana to be honest because there have been stories about his temperament and eccentricity. But if you've got your pre-production sorted out, he's wonderful. And in any case, aren't all creative people eccentric?

He's a very committed, focused and sincere professional. In fact, he told me recently that this is one of his best works to date and that he is eagerly awaiting the film's release. Coming from Nana, that's saying a lot.

On John Abraham
Luthria: He is a brilliant guy. One of the most easygoing, hardworking and down-to-earth actors I have come across. It's been a real pleasure working with him. I'll surely do another film with him.

John in the UK
Luthria: I'd say Women, even those as old as 60 went mad on seeing John Abraham. He has a huge fan following in the UK. You're right; the three days were truly eventful.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-2-2006 05:35 PM | Show all posts
Aamir says `no' to wife

Convincing Aamir Khan to do a film is nothing short of a Herculean task! His new bride, Kiran was at the receiving end, recently! Having assisted Ashutosh Gowariker in films like Lagaan and Swades, she is ready to make her directorial debut. After she completed her script, her first choice was Aamir, of course. Sadly, the script wasn抰 good enough for the perfectionist actor and he rejected the idea! So, now Kiran will have to write a new script! But she shouldn抰 lose hope. Sooner or later, we抮e sure her hard work will pay off.  

Aamir Khan

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2006 04:33 PM | Show all posts
Chicken tikka and Aishwarya Rai are Will Smith's favourites

Chicken tikka masala and Bollywood leading lady Aishwarya Rai top Will Smith's list of favorites in India. He also says he's keen to see the Taj Mahal on his first trip to the South Asian nation.
The American movie and music star is in India for a week to launch Sony Entertainment's new English language movie channel, Pix, and make a guest appearance on Indian Idol, the South Asian country's version of the U.S. hit, the Hindustan Times newspaper reported Tuesday.

His first impressions? ''Just recently I got to know the number of films Bollywood makes a year - a whopping 800. And each with its share of song, music, dance and drama,'' he was quoted as saying.

''I am simply enticed to be part of it,'' he said, adding: ''I also want to explore the possibility of a collaboration between'' Hollywood and Bollywood, as India's film industry is known. But, of course, he's got preferences.

''I would do anything that Aishwarya Rai will be part of,'' he said. ''I love her so.''

And then there's the food and history. ''I also want to taste the authentic chicken tikka masala,'' a grilled poultry dish flavored with Indian spices, said Smith, who also plans to see the Taj Mahal.''Ever since childhood, I've heard a lot about the culture and colors of this country,'' he was quoted as saying. ''I will try to gather as much as possible, though I am being constantly cautioned by my wife to leave some things for our next visit together.''

Aishwarya Rai

Will Smith

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2006 04:34 PM | Show all posts
Aishwarya Rai stung by bee

Bollywood's leading lady Aishwarya Rai has to be thick-skinned to deal with all the attention she receives. But she didn't expect to need thick skin to act in her latest movie too.

Shooting of ``Umrao Jaan'' was held up for several hours after the former beauty queen was stung by a bee during a scene, the Hindustan Times newspaper reported Wednesday.

Cast members were shocked when Rai screamed during a take after a bee stung her on the hand, the report said.

Director J. P. Dutta postponed the shoot, but Rai quickly recovered and came back to finish the scene, the newspaper said.

Rai could not immediately be reached for comment.

Rai plays a poet and courtesan in the period film ``Umrao Jaan,'' a story about her search for love.

A former Miss World, Rai is a superstar in India. She has made more than 30 movies, served on the Cannes Film Festival jury, and features in international ad campaigns for leading jewelry, cosmetic and cola companies.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2006 04:37 PM | Show all posts
Sanjay Dutt in Taxi No. 9211

Sanjay Dutt will make his presence felt in Milan Luthria's 慣axi No 9211

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2006 04:39 PM | Show all posts
I've always been selective: Amisha

It's not every day that you get interesting characters to portray in an acting career,

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2006 04:47 PM | Show all posts
Mera Rang De Career Aamir

Rang De Basanti is a big hit. For Aamir's fans it was rather obvious. If it's Aamir, it has to be different and most likely a big hit, what's new about that?

But then there is one aspect about Khan's movies which not many might've noticed. Though Aamir's career graph will show a consistent high with big hits, many of the directors and co-stars who worked with him didn't really have a very impressive career until they worked with him. It was only after they did films with Aamir that their careers shot up and they reached the peak of their careers in films. It may sound very illogical but the facts and figures prove it. Aamir's success is contagious and it grabs the people whom he works with. Working with Aamir is contagious. It affects you with a virus of success. But who won't want to be attacked by such a virus!!

Let's take a look at his films and the related facts that support the above claim. Aamir's first movie in a lead role was Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988). The movie marked directorial debut of Aamir's cousin Mansoor Khan. It was a big hit of the late 80's and it brought in a new trend of teenage romance. Mansoor Khan was seen as a very talented young director, after the movie's success. Besides, his co-star in movie Juhi Chawla who had debuted with a dismal Sultanat also went on to become a superstar. Aamir and Mansoor Khan repeated the magic with Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992). The movie was based on life of college students revolving around the sport of bicycle racing. Though Mansoor's next film with Aamir, Akele Hum Akele Tum (1995) didn't do well at the box office, he managed to get back in form with Josh which was a semi hit.

After Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Aamir did few films, which didn't make a mark. Then in 1990, he again acted in the film of a debutant director. The film was Dil and the director was Indra Kumar. Indra Kumar had earlier produced two movies - Mohabbat and Kasam but without much success. Dil was an instant hit and there was no looking back for Indra Kumar. The film also gave a boast to Madhuri Dixit's career who starred opposite Aamir in the film. He and Indra Kumar again got together for Ishq in 1997 and the duo clicked yet again.

Then came Rangeela in 1995, the movie which served as a launch pad for the film careers of many. The director Ram Gopal Varma had officially registered a hit with his very first Hindi movie Shiva, but the movie failed to give him any recognition specifically. It was only after Rangeela that Ram Gopal Varma became a well known name. The film also made Urmila Matondkar a superstar overnight and she went on reaching new heights from then.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2006 04:50 PM | Show all posts
Amitabh Bachchan resumes work two months after illness

Amitabh Bachchan, one of India's most popular movie stars, has begun dubbing and recording a movie soundtrack two months after an illness forced him to take a break from work.

Bachchan, 63, told the Mumbai Mirror newspaper he would resume shooting after undergoing a final round of tests next month.

He was hospitalised for nearly three weeks in December after surgery for an intestinal ailment and was then advised by doctors to rest.

Now he's resumed work by dubbing and recording the soundtrack for ``Babul,'' a movie he started shooting before getting sick.

`I'm going to take one step at a time,'' Bachchan was quoted as saying by the newspaper. ``I need to get back to work a little at a time. So it's just a bit of singing here, a bit of dubbing there.''

Bachchan could not be immediately reached to confirm the report.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2006 04:57 PM | Show all posts
Govinda doesn't want to take up serious roles

Govinda has rejected rumours that he is making a deliberate attempt to come out of the comedy mould by taking up serious roles.

"It is a misconception fuelled by reports in certain sections of the media. Comedy has always been my forte and will continue to be one," he said.

He has also denied having signed award-winning director Ujwal Chatterjee's Rangmanch where he is expected to play a mime artiste, reports Bollywood Trade.

"I am still deliberating on the script of the film after which I will take a decision. Some overzealous media people went and wrote that I have already signed the film."

"It is like killing the curiosity for the film even before it is out. I have come to believe that it is very important to keep the surprise element in the character you are playing till the release of the film."

The actor says he has become particular about choosing his roles.
"I am signing only those films that excite me in terms of acting. If people think that I am in a mad hurry to sign films, that's not true. I have three very good films under production and all of them have very challenging roles for me."

He is working in Nikhil Advani's Salaam-E-Ishq where he has been paired with South African model-turned-actress Sharon Asra. His other projects are Priyadarshan's film in which he teams up with Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan's home production Partner being directed by David Dhawan.

"The unique combinations and storylines of these films make them very interesting projects. Besides, the directors are the best names to work with. Nikhil is a fantastic director and Salaam-E-Ishq will be something to watch out for in terms of human emotions.

"Priyadarshan is a genius in his own right and I am looking forward to working with him. As for David, it's a great feeling working with him again after all this time. He has an inherent penchant for comedy," says Govinda.

After completing these films, the actor will start shooting for Aparna Sen's Jewellery Box in October. The film will see him playing a laidback zamindar.

After the failure of his home production Sukkh, the actor-politician has decided not to produce films.

"There is no question of producing a film at all after the huge losses that I incurred after my last production Sukkh. I am not in a financial position to risk production for at least the next few years."

]

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 22-2-2006 04:59 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-2-2006 05:14 PM | Show all posts
Pooja Batra is Smith抯 tour guide

Hollywood actor and singer Will Smith has a Bollywood guide on his current trip to India. Accompanying him is actress Pooja Batra, who is part of his 18-member party. Batra flew in from the US with the group, which arrived in Delhi on the weekend.

After a visit to Agra, the entourage arrived in Mumbai last evening. Also in the group are producer and Smith抯 friend James Lassiter (Hitch, I Robot, Ali), Smith抯 Fresh Prince of Bel-Air co-star Alfonso Robeiro (who plays the cousin), Smith抯 butler, son, cousin, brother-in-law, nephew, agent and others.

Batra says she抯 accompanying Smith as a guest on the invitation of Sony head honcho Kunal Dasgupta and Lassiter. 揥ill is a friend, though I can抰 say I have known him long.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2006 05:37 PM | Show all posts
John in UK!

Bollywood抯 most desirable man John Abraham抯 female fan following is worth a watch, which once again seen in UK where John is currently promoting his forthcoming film 慣axi No. 9211

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2006 05:40 PM | Show all posts
Shah Rukh's Bandra bungalow to be demolished in ......!

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan's Bandra bungalow to be demolished in certain portion, Bombay Municipal Corporation and the heritage committee jointly had asked the actor to demolish the balconies on the first floor and painting it in same colours as the heritage structures coming up on the same plot.
Apart from this both the BMC and the heritage committee has given SRK's Bandra bungalow a clean chit on the contrary of the PIL, which was filed by Bandra resident Cyril Mecwan, who alleged irregularities with regard to the bungalow challenging the permissions given to it.
The petitioner claimed that the land was located within the CRZ area. Secondly, the petitioner said 450 sq ft of the plot was reserved for an art gallery. His third contention was that heritage rules had been violated.
Shah Rukh's counsel Darius Khambhata clarified that the bungalow plot did not fall in a CRZ area since it was on the landward side of a DP plan road.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2006 10:08 PM | Show all posts
Hotties Abhishek, Ash in Just Punjabi

There are strong indications that producers Bunty Walia and Jassi Walia抯 forthcoming project Just Punjabi will star the hottest star pair: Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai. That抯 not all, the Ek Ajnabee producers have also reportedly finalized Sanjay Dutt, John Abraham and Bipasha Basu. True?

揟he news is partly true,

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 10:12 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075437 second(s), 41 queries .