Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 2-10-2005 12:22 AM | Show all posts
Bhumika may prove lucky to Abhishek

It is no wonder that Abhishek Bachchan makes a hit in his forthcoming movie 'Run'. Maybe its heroine Bhumika Chawla proves lucky for him. Bhumika is very confident of this movie hitting the box office. Similarly, Abhishek is also banking on it. Bhumika has earlier worked in Southern movies. But she likes to work in Hindi movies, which have a wider range of audience. Moreover, she says she knows Hindi too well.

Bhoomika Chawla

Abhishek Bachan

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 2-10-2005 01:48 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-10-2005 12:26 AM | Show all posts
John & Bipasha attend premiere of Transporter 2 at Fun Republic on 27th September 2005

Warner Brothers hosted the premiere of Transporter 2 at Fun Republic. The premiere began on a slow pace and one could hardly spot any celebrities at the multiplex. The only one to be around for cocktails and snacks was VJ Luke Kenny along with his friends. But the pace picked up much after the show actually began. John Abraham came from the VIP entry and was joined by Bipasha Basu and her close pal.

John Abraham

Bipasha Basu

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 7-12-2006 04:53 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 12:44 PM | Show all posts
AMITABH: POLITICS IS NOT MY CUP OF TEA

Amitabh Bachchan has become a millennium star now after his recent releases like 'Baghbaan', 'Khakee' and 'Aitbaar'. So he is no more interested in active politics. This is to recall that he contested poll to the Lok Sabha earlier from his family constituency of Allahabad, but he wants to refrain from it now. He is right he could not have achieved in politics what he has succeeded in his professional career. He says, "Politics is beyond me." He was asked to comment about it in the wake of scores of Bollywood personalities crowding it. Many of them have even entered the poll fray.

Though he is keeping away from active politics inasmuch as neither he nor his wife is a candidate, Amitabh is certainly active from behind the scene. He is supporting his friends of the Samajwadi Party (SP), which is ruling his home state of Uttar Pradesh. It is wondered if he would canvass for the SP candidate Jaya Prada from Rampur. When asked about his relations with former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Amitabh confessed his friendship with him. However about Rajiv's perception of his films, he declined any comment, saying this is a personal matter. When asked about his ideal actress, Amitabh quipped, " She is Waheeda Rehman though Rekha is a rising star from amongst my colleagues".

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 1-9-2006 04:35 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 12:48 PM | Show all posts
SUNIEL SHETTY AND SANJAY DUTT GET SHADY

They may have struck a bond in films; now they are getting down to business. Best buddies-- Sanjay Dutt Suniel Shetty--- producers Nitin Manmohan and Sohail Maklai along with entrepreneur Hamid Saberi have together formed Shades Enterprises Private Ltd. A company that will retail eyewear and optical at showrooms, kiosks and franchise outlets in metros, mini metros and in ten lakh plus populated cities.

Shades will include more than 150 international brands like Armani, Versace, Ray Ban, Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Yves St Laurent, Hugo, Boss etc. Shetty explains, "It all started with Hamid who is one of the major promoters of shades and has been in this business for a long time. Hamid and we have been friends for long. Nitin and Sohail will be the promoters. Sanju and I will take care of the business on a day-to-day basis. We need professionals who can manage it, we will only be the brand builders and ambassadors."

Why sun glasses among so many other business options? Shetty smiles, "Why not? We are all fashionable and passionate about sunglasses, clothes and accessories. We chose sunglasses because they make a fashion statement. Also today, eye care is not just about fashion but also a necessity after a certain age."

Dutt has got into it because he felt, "Everyone gets involved in different businesses but no one is into eye care which is a must today. Also sunglasses are an essential fashion accessory and make a cool statement. My best friends are here with me in this business. What more can I ask for?"

How involved will he be in this business? "Since I am a partner along with others I will be 100 per cent involved in the business and the decisions taken as well."

Manmohan adds, " I had diversified into multiplexes. Sanjay and I own the e-square multiplex in Pune. So we thought it was a fine opportunity to get into sun glasses and prescription glasses for all age groups."

Shades are also planning to launch their own signature brand of glasses in a few months after three outlets have been opened. "We want to take eye care to towns and villages and make it affordable for everyone," says Suniel. In a market that is already saturated with eye care how viable will their venture be? "With privatization India has huge potential to bring out brands," adds Manmohan, "Our motto is to see that people are comfortable and that our product is affordable for all. We will have ranges starting from Rs. 250 onwards for sun glasses."

Saberi adds, " We will have 600 pieces on display with the latest designs. The first stand-alone kiosk will open at Hyderabad, then Pune and then other metropolitan cities. Though Sanjay and Sunil are the brand ambassadors we will be looking at signing other stars in the future."

We hope this shady business works out well for this gang!

Sunil Shetty & Sanjay Dutt

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 14-1-2006 06:20 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 01:12 PM | Show all posts
AMRITA PREFERS ACTING TO ENTERTAINMENT

The 'Ishq-Vishq' girl Amrita Rao never thought that she would be a full- time actress, as she had no godfather in the film industry. However, she has three plum projects-'Main Hoon Na', 'Deewar-Let's Bring Our Heroes Home' and'Masti'-soon to hit the theatres. Besides, she claims to have more offers. Starting her career with Raj Kanwar's 'Ab Ke Baras', she acted in Rajkumar Santoshi's 'The Legend Of Bhagat Singh'. But it was with Ken Ghosh's 'Ishq-Vishq' that she first hit box office. She is diplomatic too. She justifies her statement that she has no godfather, and at the same time she doesn't blame people in the film industry saying they are professionals though selfish too. Their millions of rupees are involved in a film. They won't o sign one unless they are sure of good business.

She said yes to 'Masti' because she found this as a safe film. This involves a lot of top stars. If the film does not do well, then no single individual will be held responsible for it. And if it turns out to be a success everyone will benefit from it. Moreover, it's a comedy. About her role in 'Masti' she says," I'm playing a housewife who behaves in a peculiar fashion. 'Masti' is going to be a roller coaster ride." When asked if she experienced any problem, as it was the first time when she played a comic role. She said, "Playing that role was not so difficult for me. The real challenge will be when I will be playing a comic role again in another film. How differently I do it so!"

She is all praise for her director Indra Kumar. It was wonderful working with him, she added. In respect of Farah Khan's 'Main Hoon Naa', she found that Shah Rukh Khan was fantastic. "For a newcomer like me it was a dream come true." For Rarah Khan too she is full of praise. Farha has worked out all the details to near perfection. She did not leave anything for the last minute. Her third film is Gaurang Doshi's 'Deewar-Let's Bring Our Heroes Home'. This is completely male dominated and " I have little to do in the film. I was told about it right from the start and I appreciate their honesty".

Deewar is s a prestigious film. She declined to disclose more about the film. The only thing she reveals is that it is based on an English film. Regarding her other movies, she said, " I would like to be remembered as an actress and not as an entertainer." She sets aside the looks of an actress or her make-up. She emphasizes that young filmmakers of today are wise enough to understand that and make the heroine opt for a more natural look. Directors prefer to be practical and rational. She is a home bird. Home is where the heart is. She has no time for dating or dancing in discos. "I hate them! What puts me off is the loud music! It's so blaring that you cannot even converse with your friends Moreover, the disco is filled with some weird smoke and she is allergic to it.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:57 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 01:16 PM | Show all posts
Saif-Rani's comic 'Hum Tum'

Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukherjee are seen in TV promos doing a comedy in Yash Chopra's 'Hum Tum'. This is not a hyped one though, but would certainly establish Saif Ali as one of the few best comedians. He has done such comedies earlier too, but this movie may help him reach his pinnacle in this field.

Saif Ali Khan & Rani Mukherjee

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:58 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 3-10-2005 01:22 PM | Show all posts
Amitabh maybe back with KBC

Super star Amitabh Bachchan announced in New Delhi that he would reappear on the small screen to do the rest of the 85 episodes of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'. However, he hastened to add that he would complete them by the year 2006. Awards may not reflect the true status of an actor in the industry. He for one started getting awards only now. "I didn't get for 18 years", he said with pain.

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 7-1-2006 06:20 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 01:26 PM | Show all posts
John claims to be a Mumbaikar

John Abraham is proud of being one from Mumbai. He has blasted the myth that he is from Bangalore in the South, so he cannot express himself at ease in Hindi movies. " I have no problem with my Hindi ", he asserts. He is doing his dubbing himself. " I am doing so in 'Lakeer' of Ahmed Khan"

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-10-2005 01:33 PM | Show all posts
SUSHMITA IN ITEM NUMBER TOO

A former world beauty Sushmita Sen also acted as item girl in 'Bewafaa'. In fact, the circumstances forced her to do so as she was short of money at that time . The time has changed now, and she accepts few offers only as she can afford to be choosy. At present, she is doing three films. She denies that she is what is reported in the media. She is neither arrogant nor is she quarrelsome. Though she quarreled with Karisma Kapoor on the sets of 'Biwi No 1', she made friends with her younger sister Kareena Kapoor.

She has no regret that she could not move as fast as her contemporary Aishwarya Rai did in the professional career. She attributes this to her personal life. She says her personal life is totally different from her professional life. The latter has no effect on the former. Aishwarya Rai feels the contrary. Sushmita Sen denied that she ever had a tiff with Shah Rukh Khan during the shoot of 'Main Hoon Na'. She says that the fact is just opposite; Shah Rukh Khan takes every care of her during the shoot.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:58 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 01:39 PM | Show all posts
Aish ready for kiss

Aishwarya Rai is ready for a kiss. She announced recently that she won't mind enacting a kiss scene if the storyline demands it. This announcement spread like a wildfire. The directors and the producers ran to her with their scripts, begging her to accept their film offers. However, they were wrong. She has agreed for kiss scenes in English films only.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 28-4-2006 05:40 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 01:44 PM | Show all posts
Sushmita's new love

Sushmita Sen has found a new love. This time her love is not for any person or a daughter without undergoing a marriage. This is a quite different one. She wants to take bath under the open sky. So she has got a Jakuji bathtub set up on the terrace of her house. According to sources close to her, she takes a bath at night under the open sky when it is dark.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 01:47 PM | Show all posts
Esha's new love

Esha has found a new love in Dino's younger brother Santino, who is a model and an aspiring actor. She is following in the footsteps of Zayed Khan who fell in love with a Delhi girl Mallika. However, professionally, Esha has is not behind. She impressed Mani Ratnam so much by her performance in the Tamil version of 'Yuva' that he promptly replaced Simran with her in the movie opposite Ajay Devgan.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 02:14 PM | Show all posts
RANI IS HIT AND HOT TOO

Ever smiling Rani Mukherjee is attracting a queue of the directors and the producers because all her movies have proved hot and hit. She is likely to prove the queen B of Bollywood in 2004. This is irrespective of Rani's short appearances in movies. Though Preity Zinta is the heroine in 'Kal Ho Na Ho' and Rani's role is limited to four scenes only, Rani has proved her talent like she did in 'Kabhi Khushi Kahi Ghum' in the presence of Kajol and Kareena Kapoor.

Recently, Yash Chopra has signed Rani for his movie 'Hum Dono' opposite Shaif Ali Khan. Kunal Kohli will direct this movie, and Rani's role will be that of a non-glamorous girl. Rani has charmed the directors and the producers as Madhuri Dixit had done in the past. Every one of them is vying with each other to sign on her in his film. Yash Chopra is known for his magnanimity. He presents his heroine in the most glamorous way. Let's see how he presents Rani in his forthcoming movie 'Hum Dono'. Besides, Rani will soon be seen in Mani Ratnam's 'Yuva'. She is also acting in 'The Rising' with Aamir Khan. The movie has already started shoot. Sanjay Leela Bhansali is commencing his new venture 'Bajirao Mastani' with Rani Mukherjee and Kaeena Kapoor.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 03:17 PM | Show all posts
No live-in relationship for Preity Zinta

New Delhi:For Preity Zinta, art doesn't necessarily mirror life. The Bollywood actress says that while her latest movie is about an unmarried couple living together, it's not something she would do herself. Salaam Namaste: A feel-good entertainer

Zinta's latest Hindi movie, 'Salaam Namaste' is about two young Indians living and working in Melbourne, Australia, where they are trying to escape overbearing families back home. The man and woman start out as friends and later move in together.

"I'm very independent. If I believed in live-in relationships, I would have already done it by now," Zinta, 31, reporetedly said in an interview.

"Plus, my live-in partner would have to stay in a suitcase since that's practically what I live out of," she said.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:34 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 03:58 PM | Show all posts
A National Award for Urmila?

Will Urmila finally win a National award for her outstanding performance in Jahnu Bahrua's Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Maara?
The odds are surely in her favour. According to a reliable source, Yashraj Films decided to market this small meaningful experimental avant-garde film mainly because of Urmila's presence.

Says the source, "Let's be brutally honest. A film titled Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Maara would immediately limit itself to an enlightened audience who have an interest in films with a historical perspective. The fact that it's being released on the occasion of Gandhiji's birth anniversary only adds to the film's esotericism."     

Urmila counters, "National award? I don't even think about it. I don't think any actor works for an award. I've been singularly unlucky with awards."

The big blow came for Urmila when she missed the honour for Pinjar. But most of her supporters feel this time she'll be lucky.

Says the actress, "Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Maara is my second pseudo-historical after Pinjar. At first I was slightly unsure about going into a film which was almost totally offbeat and definitely very profound. Finally I surrendered to my instincts, partly because Anupamji and I work so well. I was in his first directorial venture Om Jai Jagdish.

"We had a ball shooting that film. Since he was the producer of Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Maara I could hardly say no to him. The experience of working with Jahnu cantikh and Anupam Kher was very enriching. At this stage of my career I like doing films that help me grow. As a director Jahnu cantikh brings a special flavour to the storytelling. I've worked with lots of first-time directors, from Dr Chandraprakash Diwedi in Pinjar to Shriram Raghavan in Ek Hasina Thi. But this one was

Use magic Report

Post time 3-10-2005 04:26 PM | Show all posts
Aamir Khan抯 慻rey shades

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-10-2005 04:43 PM | Show all posts
Fardeen Khan and Ayesha Takia on Baa Bahoo Aur Baby!

Nowadays it is common to see our Bollywood stars descending on to the small screen. Soon, the stars of Shaadi No.1 will be seen in the comedy serial Baa, Bahoo Aur Baby. Fardeen Khan and Ayesha Takia shot for an episode yesterday, at Goregaon抯 Swati Studios. Apart from these stars, others to be seen in this movie include Sharman Joshi, Esha Deol and Soha Ali Khan. Actor Rajesh Kumar plays one of the principal characters in the serial, Subodh. Sharman will be seen with Subodh in the episode. Sharman reveals to Subodh that he wants to utilize a well to commit suicide! He offers a huge amount of money which is why everyone in the family agrees except for Arvind (played by Rajiv Mehta). This ultimately leads to a lot of chaos.

In the serial, Fardeen and Ayesha have their make up room in Subodh抯 bedroom. Ayesha reveals to Meenakshi, that her character in Shaadi No.1 is just like her and wants to know more about her. Fardeen, on the other hand wants to know Subodh better. Zayed and Esha have their make up room in Arvind抯 room. And Leena hires an air conditioner, much to everyone抯 annoyance! This is just a glimpse of what is to come! Get set to have some mad fun by seeing your favorite Bollywood actors on your favorite show!

Fardeen Khan

Ayesha Takia

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 20-11-2005 04:42 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2005 12:28 PM | Show all posts
WILL NESS WAIT FOR PREITY?

Dimple chick girl of Bollywood Preity Zinta is in the news for spending most of her time abroad, especially Australia. Earlier, she was in Australia for her recently released movie 'Salman Namaste' and now she is shooting there for Karan Johar's forthcoming movie 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna'. Besides, she has a long shooting schedule of Sajid Nadiadwala's Salman Khan starrer 'Janeman'. Meanwhile, she is also in the news for her relationship with Ness Wadia, son of a big business family of India. In the recent past, she had introduced Ness to media as her friend and at that time no body imagined that Ness would become her boyfriend and they would think of marriage.

An actress' wish to marry in a rich family is not a new thing in Bollywood. Tina Munim had married with India' top business family's younger son Anil Ambani. However, the industry circles wonder whether the Wadia family will accept Preity as her bahu (daughter- in-law) . Answering the media query about their relations, Preity says, "This is not the appropriate time to say anything about our relations, but I can tell you that I will stop acting in movies after my marriage. Right now I am busy in my filmi career." We may add that Ness is not the first boyfriend of Preity, her earlier boyfriend was famous model Mark Robinson. Robinson had publicly announced his breakup with Preity saying that "She is more serious about her career than anything else." Now, it's Ness' turn to take a decision whether to wait for Preity till she says goodbye to movies or to close the chapter.

Preity Zinta

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:35 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2005 12:33 PM | Show all posts
HRITHIK'S JOURNEY TO ACTING

Actor-turned-director Rakesh Roshan's first mega movie titled ' Koela' starring a big cast comprising Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit and Amrish Puri not only flopped but sent a wrong signal to the industry. Since the movie had caused huge losses to the distributors and the exhibitors, they started avoiding Rakesh Roshan . After a long gap, Rakesh picked up courage and sent the script of his next 'Kaho Na Pyaar Hai' to his favorite star Shah Rukh for his approval, but the latter didn't respond even after a month and half of its receipt.

This upset Rakesh as he was unable to choose the other members of the cast in the absence of the hero's choice. No sooner son Hrithik Roshan realized the problem facing his father, than he placed an album containing his dozen photographs on the table of his father. Though Rakesh had never imagined of fielding his son as hero in his movie even though the son was assisting his father for over two years, this album did the trick. Next day, Hrithik was asked to give a screen test. Not only Hrithik was adjudged the best , he was immediately asked to play the hero's role in 'Kaho Na Pyaar Hai'. This is how Hrithik entered acting.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2005 12:59 PM | Show all posts
Two sex bombs explode on each other

Two sexy girls were envying each other. This happened recently at the shoot of 'Girlfriend'. Both tried to excel each other. They obliged cameraman present there by giving him their sexiest poses. The cameraman was too happy. They were none other than Amrita Arora and Isha Koppikar. Amrita called the cameraman and asked him to take her poses the way he would like. How could Isha tolerate it. She called the cameraperson and gave her still sexier poses. First they complained to each other, but soon got engaged in verbal mudslinging followed by real fight (not reel one). Amrita was crazy and pulled Isha's hair. Luckily, Harry Baweja was there, who intervened and separated them. Any way the cameraman was luckier.

Amrita Arora

Isha Koppikar

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 6-6-2007 12:36 PM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 04:01 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.123861 second(s), 38 queries .