Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: fleurzsa

What Hindu People Do......?

[Copy link]
Post time 7-8-2006 07:57 AM | Show all posts
by barney50   

Finnally you agree that cast is not by birth but by attitude. That is all I want to know. I rest my case.   

Stop being an idiot, can or not?

It's no what I agree or disagree, it is what stated in Vedas and the Gita. Both stated that a person's caste is by Guna (attitude) and not by birth.

by yusmar   

in Hinduism you have different Lords i.e. Lord Ganesh, Lord Vishnu, Lord Hanuman and others. I know that different hindu's pray to different Lord.

Not different, just small part of a bigger picture. :no:
Different people pray to different "Departments" for different purpose.

My question is :

1. Does each and every Lord have  their own Holy Book ?
Nope, not that I know of.

2. Why is that if you believe in one Lord, you can't go to a temple that worships another Lord where else they are still Lords in The religion?

In Hindu temples (I persume I speaking of Hindu temples and Lord here), you can see shrine for various gods within the temple itself. So no retriction on who you want to pray for what purpose.

3. I was told that Bhagavad Gita is the Holy Book for the Hindu's...what about Vedas ? Isn't Vedas the foundational scriptures of the Hindus ? Where can I get an english translation of Vedas ?

Try looking for it on the Internet, I think you can find it.

Gita is summarization of Vedas and more simplified form of Truth in Hindusm. While one still can study the Vedas in its complex form, it is much easier to study the Gita and follow what it states. Furthermore, it doesn't look down on a specific gods in particular.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-8-2006 08:22 AM | Show all posts
By Sephiroth,

Stop being an idiot, can or not?

It's no what I agree or disagree, it is what stated in Vedas and the Gita. Both stated that a person's caste is by Guna (attitude) and not by birth.

It takes one idiot to call another an idiot.

Use magic Report

Dany This user has been deleted
Post time 18-8-2006 11:40 PM | Show all posts
My Qn:

Regarding the caste system, why can't one from the lower caste goes to an upper caste except for the top. ?
And is it really in the olden times, not sure now...that if someone works as a carpenter, his generations onwards will have too? if not they will be considered outcaste? or ?

=\ karma really affects this badly eh? my name is earl anyone? :p

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 21-8-2006 08:41 AM | Show all posts
by Dany   

Regarding the caste system, why can't one from the lower caste goes to an upper caste except for the top. ?
And is it really in the olden times, not sure now...that if someone works as a carpenter, his generations onwards will have too? if not they will be considered outcaste? or ?

=\ karma really affects this badly eh? my name is earl anyone? :p  

Caste in the past is System within a System. Each system have to run properly to ensure that the whole unit functions properly. And this system runs based on Individuality, NOT what occupations the family is in (unlike today).

Farmer, carpenter etc are all in ONE category called - Vaisyas (wrong spelling here, maybe) who are the laymen and people who perform regular work in the society (not required to fight or to serve Gods directly). A son of a farmer can become whatever he wants within his own cycle, so does the carpenter's son and so on.

To serve Gods or be Kyastria, you must be born with the proper attitude - mainly willingness for Self-Sacrifice. That is why they are considered "Born Again" - Born once through their mothers, and Born again through their conducts in their duties.

Everyone born through their mothers allowed to have attachments and material possession but those who are twice born are not allowed to have any attachments when performing their duties. That is the beauty of the Twice Born. :love:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2006 10:33 PM | Show all posts
What Hindu people do to get independent?

Use magic Report

Post time 20-7-2010 12:31 AM | Show all posts
Reply 9# fleurzsa

Sorry but Hindu doesnt make any differents here...but Indians...Hinduism is a religion...make it clear pls...its sensitive!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-7-2010 12:33 AM | Show all posts
Reply 1# fleurzsa

If me...i will say kadavule!!!! or...WTF!!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

31-5-2024 01:11 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.275585 second(s), 34 queries .