Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: HangPC2

Olahraga

[Copy link]
Post time 1-10-2007 09:02 PM | Show all posts
Gay promises to break 100m record next year

YOKOHAMA: World champion Tyson Gay promised to break the 100m world record next season after finishing this one with a comfortable victory at the Yokohama track and field meet yesterday.

The American dashed 100m in 10.23 against wind and rain, followed by Churandy Martina of the Dutch Antilles and Naoki Tsukahara of Japan.

Gay, a triple sprint champion at the Osaka world championships, said he would focus on outdoor races in the lead-up to the Beijing Olympics in an effort to beat the world 100m record of 9.74 seconds set by rival Asafa Powell.

Powell did not finish the Yokohama 200m race due to a hamstring injury.

揑 would like to beat the world record next year,

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-10-2007 09:15 PM | Show all posts
Ethiopian apologises to friend Tergat for breaking his marathon world mark

BERLIN: Less than 10 minutes after breaking the world marathon record on Sunday, Ethiopia's Haile Gebrselassie (pic) was handed a cell phone

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2007 06:25 PM | Show all posts
Noraseela aims to get back on podium despite injury
By S. SIVABALAN

KUALA LUMPUR: After missing out on the Manila SEA Games two years ago because of an Achilles injury, hurdler Noraseela Khalid is looking at getting back on the rostrum in the biennial Games in Korat in December.

Noraseela, who was the 400m hurdles gold medallist in the 1999 and 2003 editions, is also nursing a right hamstring injury at the moment. The 28-year-old sustained the injury in May but she is expected to be fully fit for the Games.

On the golden trail: Noraseela is currently nursing a hamstring injury.

揑t has not been a good year for me. I only took part in two competitions in Europe in May and June and I clocked disappointing times,

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2007 11:15 AM | Show all posts
Disgraced Marion urged to return Olympic medals

MIAMI: The head of the United States Olympic Committee has urged disgraced athlete Marion Jones to hand back her Olympic medals.

Jones pleaded guilty on Friday to lying to federal investigators about her use of steroids.

揂s further recognition of her complicity in this matter, Ms Jones should immediately step forward and return the Olympic medals she won while competing in violation of the rules,

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2007 11:16 AM | Show all posts
Jones calls it quits

WHITE PLAINS (New York): American track champion Marion Jones announced her retirement from athletics on Friday, moments after pleading guilty to lying to federal investigators about her use of steroids.

揃ecause of my actions, I am retiring from the sport of track and field, a sport which I deeply love,

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2007 11:16 AM | Show all posts
Jones calls it quits

WHITE PLAINS (New York): American track champion Marion Jones announced her retirement from athletics on Friday, moments after pleading guilty to lying to federal investigators about her use of steroids.

揃ecause of my actions, I am retiring from the sport of track and field, a sport which I deeply love,

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 8-10-2007 06:39 PM | Show all posts
Jones will be remembered as a fraud, says IAAF chief

MONTE CARLO: Marion Jones' legacy will be as 搊ne of the biggest frauds in sporting history,'' IAAF president Lamine Diack said on Saturday.

Diack said he was 揹eeply disappointed'' with the news that Jones had admitted to taking banned drugs when she won three Olympic golds and two bronze medals in 2000.

揑f she had trusted to her own natural gifts and allied them to self sacrifice and hard work I sincerely believe that she could have been an honest champion at the Sydney Games,'' Diack said in a statement.

揘ow, instead, Marion Jones will be remembered as one of the biggest frauds in sporting history.''

Jones pleaded guilty Friday in the US District Court in White Plains, New York, to lying to federal investigators when she denied using performance-enhancing drugs. After the hearing, she announced her retirement from the sport.

揂 lot of people believed in the achievements of Marion Jones and this confession leaves a bitter taste, and tarnishes the image of a sport in which a majority of athletes are honest and clean,'' Diack said.

However, Diack said he was also satisfied with Jones' confession because it meant the anti-doping message was working.

揟his case shows that it doesn't matter how big a name you are, or when the offence was committed, if you are doping, we will get you in the end,'' he said.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-10-2007 10:30 PM | Show all posts
One runner dies in stifling Chicago Marathon

CHICAGO: Kenyan Patrick Ivuti won the Chicago Marathon on Sunday after a tight two-man race to the finish with Jaouad Gharib of Morocco in unseasonably warm weather.

Ivuti and Gharib were neck-and-neck crossing the finish line in a time of 2

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-10-2007 09:49 PM | Show all posts
Long jumper Josbert flies high

KUALA LUMPUR: Long jumper Josbert Tinus is in the right frame of mind for a golden debut in the Korat SEA Games in December.

The 27-year-old Sabahan was in smashing form in the Thailand Open on Sunday. He recorded a personal best of 7.88m en route to the gold medal and also shattered the 11-year-old national record of 7.85m set by Mohd Zaki Sadri.

His effort was also better than the SEA Games record of 7.81m set by Henry Dagmil of the Philippines in the 2005 Manila Games.

Josbert said yesterday that he was surprised with his achievement in the Thailand Open.

揑 was hoping to improve on my personal best of 7.66m to justify my place in the SEA Games squad after failing to beat the qualifying mark of 7.69m. But much to my surprise I made a tremendous improvement and broke the 11-year-old national record. It抯 indeed a great boost to my athletics career,

Use magic Report

Post time 11-10-2007 09:57 PM | Show all posts
Disgraced Jones

Use magic Report

Post time 11-10-2007 09:57 PM | Show all posts
Coates says Thanou should not receive the gold

BRISBANE: Australian Olympic chief John Coates has said Greek sprinter Katerina Thanou should not be awarded the Sydney Olympics 100m gold medal handed back by Marion Jones.

But Thanou, the silver medallist in Sydney, was herself banned for two years after she failed to appear for a drugs test at the 2004 Athens Olympics.

揑'd like to think that Katerina Thanou would not be awarded the gold medal,

Use magic Report

Post time 16-10-2007 06:45 PM | Show all posts
Kiplagat breaks world half-marathon record

UDINE (Italy): Lornah Kiplagat of Holland broke the world women抯 half-marathon record on Sunday when she clocked 1

Use magic Report

Post time 16-10-2007 10:15 PM | Show all posts
kalau mesian masuk............... no berapa agaknya.............

Use magic Report

Post time 17-10-2007 10:36 PM | Show all posts
All-Comers Open offers purse of RM20,000

KUALA LUMPUR: A total prize money of RM20,000 is up for grabs in the All-Comers Open athletics championships at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil on Nov 3 and 4.

The Malaysian Amateur Athletic Union (MAAU) coaching and development committee chairman, Karim Ibrahim, said that the cash rewards would attract world-class athletes to take part in meet and help prommote and develop athletics in Malaysia.

揥e want to make the championships an annual affair and one of the top athletics events in Asia,'' he said.

Karim added that there would be two categories for the rewards

Use magic Report

Post time 18-10-2007 09:31 PM | Show all posts
Liu Xiang抯 coach trumpets Soviet-style training

BEIJING: The coach of China抯 world and Olympic champion Liu Xiang says he pities foreign athletes who have to struggle without the safety net of a state-run sports system.

Sun Haiping, a member of China抯 communist party and a delegate to this week抯 party congress in Beijing, said the Soviet-style sports system had distinct benefits for athletes.

揂thletes basically don抰 have to worry about a thing, as long as they do their training,

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2007 03:03 PM | Show all posts
yg pegang rekod 110 tu kan

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-10-2007 11:17 AM | Show all posts
Bulgarian athletics queen wants her 20-year-old high jump record broken

SOFIA: Bulgarian athletics queen Stefka Kostadinova (pic), whose high jump world record remains unbroken after two decades, said on Friday she felt it was time to pass on her crown to someone else.

揗y record of 2.09 metres is still unbeaten after 20 years,

Use magic Report

Post time 30-10-2007 08:40 PM | Show all posts
Hurdler yet to recover from hamstring injury

KUALA LUMPUR: Mohd Robani Hassan will not defend his SEA Games 110m hurdles title in Korat in December.

The 24-year-old was supposed to compete in the All-Comers Open championships at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil this weekend to confirm his place in the SEA Games.  

Robani: The hurdler has lost his place in the SEA Games squad as he has not fully recovered from a hamstring injury since July.

But he is out because he has not recovered from a hamstring injury he suffered since July.

Robani has qualified for the Korat Games on merit. He clocked 14.04 in the Asean University Games in Hanoi last December to beat the Games qualifying mark of 14.16.

But he suffered the injury in a meet in Bulgaria three months ago and he has not taken part in any competition.

The Malaysian Amateur Athletic Union (MAAU) required Robani to prove his worth in the All Comers meet because two other hurdlers have also beaten the Games qualifying mark.

Mohd Faiz Mohamed, who won the silver in the Manila SEA Games two years ago, clocked a personal best of 13.93 in the Thailand Open early this month. And newcomer Mohd Rayzam Shah won gold in the MAAU Closed in 14.14 in Kangar last month.

Each country is eligible to field two athletes in each event.

Robani, who won the silver medal in his SEA Games debut in Hanoi in 2003, said that he had no regret of over not getting to compete in Korat.

揟o me my health is more important. I want to recover fully before I get back into competition,'' said Robani, who has a personal best of 13.88, which he did in the Melbourne Commonwealth Games last year.

The two-day All Comers meet offers a total prize money of RM20,000 and will be limited to 23 events

Use magic Report

Post time 2-12-2007 05:25 PM | Show all posts
Hup Wei fears favourite jinx may haunt him again

HIGH jumper Lee Hup Wei (pic) hopes the ghost of the past will not haunt him in the Korat SEA Games.

The Dengkil athlete was favourite to win the gold in the 2005 Manila SEA Games after chalking up a personal best of 2.20m in the Sipma (Malaysian Education Institute of Sports) meet in Seremban prior to the Games.

He was then ranked No.1 in the region but endured a miserable outing, managing only 2.11m to finish in fifth place. His compatriot, Ahamd Najwan Aqra, also cleared 2.11m to finish sixth,

It was the first time since 1977 that a Malaysian had failed to win the high jump event in the biennial Games.

For the Korat Games, Hup Wei is again the favourite after setting a personal best of 2.24m to bag the gold medal in the Asian Track and Field (ATF) Championships in Jordan in July.

His effort also equalled the national record set by Loo Kum Zee in the 1995 Chiang Mai SEA Games.

Hup Wei, however, is worried that history might repeat itself in Korat. 揟he pressure definitely will be on me to win the gold in Korat. It will be a big blow to me if I fail to do so based on my performance in the ATF meet.

揑 am also quite concerned about my inconsistent form in international meets. I have not recorded a good jump since my effort in the ATF meet,

Use magic Report

Post time 2-12-2007 05:27 PM | Show all posts
Our athletes can achieve 10-gold target, says Karim

IN the absence of three gold medal prospects and injuries to several athletes, it will be rather difficult for the Malaysian team to fulfil the 10-gold medal target set by the Malaysian Amateur Athletic Union (MAAU) for the Korat SEA Games.

Mohd Robani Hassan will be not defending his title in the men抯 110m hurdles as he is down with a hamstring injury while Sahahadan Jamaluddin, who won the men抯 400m hurdles in the 2005 Manila Games, is out after injuring his knee in a road accident.

Doha Asian Games women抯 400m hurdles bronze medallist Noraseela Khalid withdrew at the last minute because she has not recovered from a thigh injury.

This is the second time she will miss the biennial Games because of injury. She skipped Manila because of a knee injury.

Big leap: Long jumper Josbert Tinus is expected to deliver one of the targeted 10 gold medals at the Korat SEA Games.

Other athletes, like women抯 triple jumper Ngew Sin Mei and women抯 100m hurdler Moh Siew Wei, are not in the best of form because of injuries.  

Sin Mei, who broke the SEA Games record in Manila with a leap of 13.61m, is nursing a knee injury and has not come close to her personal best this year. Siew Wei, who won the gold in Manila, is carrying a knee injury and clocked poor times in international meets.

Besides the injuries and absence of the three hurdlers, Malaysian athletes have never won more than eight gold medals in the last three Games.

However, MAAU coaching and development committee chairman Karim Ibrahim was still optimistic that the national athletes would be able to achieve the 10-gold medal target.

揥e have several new athletes who have shown tremendous improvement and we strongly believe they will emerge champions in their events,

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 07:35 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.079219 second(s), 42 queries .