CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: honeybee1802

On global warming: Latest - unsettling weather in Penang (merged: wei loon)

Close [Copy link]
Post time 25-3-2007 09:53 AM | Show all posts
if i cannot answer, i say only god knows lol

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-3-2007 09:53 AM | Show all posts
why tanah runtuh? only god knows wahahaha

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 01:49 PM | Show all posts

Reply #40 free2rhyme's post

You said : Were we arguing ? I thought we were simply stating and explaining what we believe .....  . Sheesh.... don't take it too personally.... I'm not attacking you in any way.  
my reply : did my comment seemeed persoal to you?     sorry.....

You said : Hellooo, I was merely responding to your post 26 which you said : "science can not live with out religion and vice versa . albert einstein once said "religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind"

my reply : i agree with the albert einstein statement... wat i mean by the cow n tiger is tat u see science in the eye of religion.
can you try to explain F=ma; bernoulli`s equation; flow of fliud; newtonian flow; dynamic; structural; chemistry by refering to your religion?? IF IT IS possible then sorry for my ignorant...... tat is wat i said....

I'm wasn't asking you to be an expert on any religious issue...You stated your opinion and I was merely replying to it.  

You said   :  Logic is the by product of common sense. How can you reach a 'logical' theory if  you don't use your common sense to sort it out? If things don't make sense then how can they be called logic? If someone comes to you and said " you see this leaf, its not gonna rot, ever!  Then your common sense will start to ask  " How can a leaf not rot, all leaves rot , its what happen in nature on a daily basis" ....so obviously the idea that the leaf is not gonna rot is not logic and your common sense tells you that. When a scientist come up with new idea and theory that has never been thought thru before , we don't just accept it and call it science  merely because he is a scientist, do we? We will try to understand what he is saying than we will use our common sense to authenticate whether what he is saying logical or not.
See, to understand what is logic or not you must use your common sense so this statement of yours "  it has nothing to do with common sense..  but logic..." does not make sense to me ...   and oh, don't take it too personally ok.  

my reply: i never take it personally.....    i know about common sense... but science is more than tat... like then you touch a hot thing, you feel hot and retreat your hand straight.... you gonna explain tat by mere 'common sense'; panaslah.... mestilah tangan cabut ??? or wana explain the nerver system to the brain logically.... ????

" How can a leaf not rot, all leaves rot , its what happen in nature on a daily basis"
the statement you use above is again common sense and general judgement......
e.g.
michael is malaysian; malaysian is asian; therefore michael is asian....
it seemed common sense it applied here... but the VALIDITY???? are you sure michael is 100% asian? he might be caucasian

You said : the so call 'disaster' that can cause massive climatic ,atmospheric and geological changes on earth ( Hurricane, flooding, typhoon, earthquake , lanslide, volcano eruption, asteroid etc ) is actually a natural phenomena because it has been happening since earth was still a baby  and the impact of it is also natural which can be felt not just now but since the time it first occured.... If the so call global warming has started to occur a looong time ago then it is a natural phenomena. Natural phenomena happens on earth because earth needs it! That's how our beloved planet earth developed. How can anyone stop any kind of natural phenomena from happening? Can you stop hurricane from brewing in the atlantic oceon?.... Nothing you or me or anyone else on this planet can do to stop or slow down any kind of natural phenomena.

me reply: you are right...... i never say STOP it but REDUCE it............

You said : fine    then ignore my reply if it has any religious statement in it, I won't force you to read it  but I am going to state my religious belief if I believe that it has something to do with the topic being discussed. Whether people want to read it or not is none of my concern....I believe we are all free to chose what we want to believe .....and its ok to share our belief with others because that's how we learn to know and respect one another and that is how we learn to appreciate our differences.
I don't mind people challenge any of my statement be it religious or not . You are welcome to that   .... It's how I learn to develop my thinking and reasoning    God willing....

my reply: hahahaaa............ wat i actually mean by saying argue with me scientifically is tat not to bring religion issue here..
2 different ppl might agree scientifically but not religiously...... i do not wat out small argument cause a "butterfyl eftct" to others by arguing two different religion.... there`s this forumer are insulting everyone`s comment be it be with science, law etc
and bring his religion issues ad want everyone to agree his religion.....

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 02:12 PM | Show all posts

Reply #38 rempo's post

dedulu hutan mesia cam rambut david alleycat ....la ni ni cam rambut mawi

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 02:20 PM | Show all posts

Reply #44 sepiITUindah's post

Betul tu.. betul....

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 02:49 PM | Show all posts
In The Name of Science.

People have been trying to stop or slow down all kind of natural phenomenon so you guys who believe in the effort to stop global warming are not alone , glad to know that you got company uhh  ...

ok, let's start counting 1,2,3 here goes

Let's stop the hurricane      
http://www.winwenger.com/hurrican.htm

Let's stop the asteroid      
http://www.marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2004/07/how_to_stop_an_.html

Let's stop the volcano
http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Concrete-balls-hope-to-stop-mud-volcano/2007/03/23/1174597885971.html

Let's slow down the aging process
http://www.uthscsa.edu/mission/spring98/agingstr.html

Wait , even better Let's stop the aging process
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/4-7-2004-52645.asp

Whoaaa ... let's stop death !
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/summary/301/5637/1173

And last but not least , this one is much more widely and globally accepted
Let's stop the global warming
Hundreds of web pages... just go to search ok.

and the parade keeps on rolling (with marching band and all).
Good luck with your effort .

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 25-3-2007 03:09 PM | Show all posts
You said :    "me reply: you are right...... i never say STOP it but REDUCE it............ "

Global warming is a natural phenomenon, and you agreed . Helloo , earth needs natural phenomenon , it's essential for the evolution of our planet and it will surely be catastrophic to reduce or stop it!  
Why do you want to reduce what is essentially important in the development of our planet ?

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 03:14 PM | Show all posts

Reply #47 free2rhyme's post

post 47 is my reply to post 43 (wei_loon5063  
)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-3-2007 03:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 25-3-2007 03:09 PM
You said :    "me reply: you are right...... i never say STOP it but REDUCE it............ "

Global warming is a natural phenomenon, and you agreed . Helloo , earth needs natural  ...

you are right...... disaster is essential to earth growth... but human activity FASTERN the disaster and increase its
potential...... i know wat do you mean... like the java quake.... we ant stop it.....
are you saying we should not give a damm about pollution??? CO2, polluted river???
when someone dump a toxic waste in river.... all you can say is ahh..... tat is the growth of earth....... n not take action?
we could not avoid it..... but we can delay it, slow down its activity and evaquate people so that human life can be saved...
if it is like wat you said, then why the hell do the government wan to give alert to quake victim? if as you say.... do nothing... its natural disaster...... i am not sure about you. but i see it in the eye of science, engineering......
heating of power plant.... nuclear power, coal, hydropower (destruction of the environment)...........
all the above DO NOT CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING............ BUT FASTERN IT..... tat y i say to reduce the rate.... is
sustainability..... by reducing the heat emited.... by designing the product from cradle to cradle..... i see this in the
eye of engineering...... if i design a similar power plant tat use same power source.... burn to heat water to increase pressure
to run turbine to run generator... it will be like the rest........ fastern the rate of global warming..... if i use wind power... or sun
power.... i will use available energy by not giveing extra pump to global warming.......
predicted yet do nothing bout it????ahahhaaaa.............. if

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 03:28 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 25-3-2007 03:09 PM

Global warming is a natural phenomenon, and you agreed . Helloo , earth needs natural  ...

you are right...... disaster is essential to earth growth... but human activity FASTERN the disaster and increase its
potential...... i know wat do you mean... like the java quake.... we ant stop it.....
are you saying we should not give a damm about pollution??? CO2, polluted river???
when someone dump a toxic waste in river.... all you can say is ahh..... tat is the growth of earth....... n not take action?
we could not avoid it..... but we can delay it, slow down its activity and evaquate people so that human life can be saved...
if it is like wat you said, then why the hell do the government wan to give alert to quake victim? if as you say.... do nothing... its natural disaster...... i am not sure about you. but i see it in the eye of science, engineering......
heating of power plant.... nuclear power, coal, hydropower (destruction of the environment)...........
all the above DO NOT CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING............ BUT FASTERN IT..... tat y i say to reduce the rate.... is
sustainability..... by reducing the heat emited.... by designing the product from cradle to cradle..... i see this in the
eye of engineering...... if i design a similar power plant tat use same power source.... burn to heat water to increase pressure
to run turbine to run generator... it will be like the rest........ fastern the rate of global warming..... if i use wind power... or sun
power.... i will use available energy by not giveing extra pump to global warming.......

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 03:35 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 25-3-2007 03:14 PM
post 47 is my reply to post 43 (wei_loon5063  
)

let me keep this short...........
i agree wat you say..... tat disaster is natural thing n we cant stop it....
but previous human activity fastern it..... so, wat we do is turn it back to its original rate...... get wat i mean??

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 06:25 PM | Show all posts

Reply #50 wei_loon5063's post

You said  : you are right...... disaster is essential to earth growth...

My reply : if it is essential to earth growth then let's not keep calling it 'a disaster' ok because what's good for earth evolution certainly not a disaster!

You said :  but human activity FASTERN the disaster and increase its

My reply : How do you know that our activity can fasten or increase it ? How do you test such theory since global warming exists even before human existence . You just test your theory around 20 years and that 20-year theory is valid enough to explain scientifically the million years aged old global warming ? Is science based on conjecture (guessing) or tested evidence? If you cannot fully and comprehensively test your theory then how can you labeled it as scientific?

The natural phenomenon that led to the extinction of the dinasours was so humongous no natural phenomenon during human existence can be compared to that! But guess what, earth recovered from that event , it healed itself, isn't it amazing? It shows that earth has the God-given ability to recover from the impact of natural phenomenon!

You said : potential...... i know wat do you mean... like the java quake.... we ant stop it.....
when someone dump a toxic waste in river.... all you can say is ahh..... tat is the growth of earth....... n

not take action?
we could not avoid it..... but we can delay it, slow down its activity and evaquate people so that human life

can be saved...

My reply : I'm not saying that we should pollute the environment infact my religion (ok you can start pressing the 'ignore' button here) prohibits me from doing so.
I just don't see any link between pollution and global warming , its just mere conjecture and unproven hypothesis . The duration of the existence of human pollution is not the same as the duration of the existence of global warming.If you cannot fully test it then you cannot link the two.

You said : if it is like wat you said, then why the hell do the government wan to give alert to quake victim?

if as you say.... do nothing... its natural disaster...... i am not sure about you. but i see it in the eye of

science, engineering......

My reply : No human should put themselves or others in harms way and we should not just do nothing. Its good to use science to help evade any kind of tragedy on human life. To alert people is not the same as to stop volcanoes from erupting! The volcanoes will erupt no matter what and there's nothing any human can do about it. Better live far away from any volcano, that's the best advice I can give!

You said : heating of power plant.... nuclear power, coal, hydropower (destruction of the

environment)...........
sustainability..... by reducing the heat emited.... by designing the product from cradle to cradle..... i see

this in the
eye of engineering...... if i design a similar power plant tat use same power source.... burn to heat water to

increase pressure
to run turbine to run generator... it will be like the rest........ fastern the rate of global warming..... if

i use wind power... or sun

My reply : It's good to invent more products that can lead to great savings of energy or money. ( though I doubt any kind of 'energy-saving' products is cheap...how many people in Malaysia can afford financially speaking to have solar energy to generate electricity?)
India and Africa are amongst the poorest nations and they have amongst the largest populations .I don't see how those poor people in those countries can afford to buy expensive energy-saving products if they can't even afford to buy the most essential needs in their life like houses,food etc .
When we have so many poor people around the world cannot afford to 'save energy' then the idea to link these saving- energy products or the act of energy saving to global warming is rather cruel.  
Why instill fear in those poor people's mind that if they do not use these rather expensive and unaffordable products then they will face doomsday from global warming? Why worry them with unproven hypothesis when they have enough hardships to worry about on a daily basis ... If you don't buy our products then you'll be accelerating disaster on earth... yeah right ..

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 07:12 PM | Show all posts

Reply #19 wei_loon5063's post

we...accept it la....anything can happen just dont whinning bout it..bla bla...

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 09:03 PM | Show all posts

Reply #52 free2rhyme's post

You said: if it is essential to earth growth then let's not keep calling it 'a disaster' ok  because what's good for earth evolution certainly not a disaster!  
I say: good

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 09:51 PM | Show all posts

Reply #54 wei_loon5063's post

You said  : First, lets start with the toxic pollution,

Pollution from human being cannot be called a natural phenomenon because we can choose not to pollute... its different from global warming which is a natural phenomenon. Can we choose to stop or reduce global warming ? Nope, just like we can't choose to stop the hurricane, asteroid , death etc.

the pollution tat pollute and taint the environment and make the environment hostile to the flora and fauna

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 09:57 PM | Show all posts

Sorry, I forgot 'my reply' in my first reply to you, nanti you terconfius pulak
looks like your doubling posting flu is contagious ..... lol  rotfl lol

You said  : First, lets start with the toxic pollution,

My reply  : Pollution from human being cannot be called a natural phenomenon because we can choose not to pollute... its different from global warming which is a natural phenomenon. Can we choose to stop or reduce global warming ? Nope, just like we can't choose to stop the hurricane, asteroid , death etc.

the pollution tat pollute and taint the environment and make the environment hostile to the flora and fauna

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-3-2007 11:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by free2rhyme at 25-3-2007 09:57 PM

Sorry, I forgot 'my reply' in my first reply to you, nanti you terconfius pulak
looks like your doubling posting flu is contagious ..... lol  rotfl lol

you are right,.............. the pollution are the human activities such as pollution tat stimulate, worsen and fastern global warming which are already there.....
like GM food... the chicken will grow jz tat they inject genetic modified thing to fastern its growth
so, sustainability is the product tat reduce pollution........
nice arguing with u here.... hahahaaa......... at least i can see global warming with extra perspective.....
to other people... don say wat i say as rubbish without arguing logically........

by the way, are u muslim?? one of my muslim fren told me before some signs of judgement day..... few are proven scientifically tat might occur.....
give you a few example.....hope i am right... sorry if i am wrong
al quran stated tat
spirits are lights..... n now some scientist are experimenting and they found some ghost in the form of light....
the sun will turn red..... yes.... supernova....... the sun is now still an infant and it will turn it into supernova which is red.....
the sun will rise from other side.... yes... astrophysicist calculated that the earh orbit change a little every million years... which in the end tat makes the axis
change and wat we see is sunrise from other place.....
one more.... male looks like female and vice versa........... jz see the teens nowadays......... tomboi, pondan.........
if this is about to happen, then y so many scientist are discovering outer space???? to runaway from earth??????? run from judgement day??
i am not muslim but i believe the existence of god.... i mean.... if you think analytically and scientifically... one question answered and 10 more will be asked....
so who holds the ultimate answer?? god...... i do not believe adam and eve but i believe tat creation of this universe is by god...... hope i`m not giving
you the perception of insulting islam.........

i once read book....the elegant universe.... do u know the probability of creation of earth and human??? imagine this.... a groups of monkey run to a typewriter and start to randomly type n type... and they ACCIDENTALLY type out william shakespears` sonnet 18......... tat is the probalitiy of the occurance of us..
sometimes i see the two extreme theory of life of religion and science..... soem are linked...... religion predicted it.... science doubted it.. and somehow science
found somethin vague and seems true about wat religion said.....

btw, i did not post it twice.... i`m using streamyx..... once i post and it got connection error... all my posting gone n i gotta retype everything.. sometime when i refresh, it auto double post.....

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2007 11:42 PM | Show all posts

Reply #57 wei_loon5063's post

Yes I'm a muslim and my religion governs my life in all aspects  so naturally I will keep on referring to my religion in almost every topic , thats just my personality, nothing to do with trying to convert people to my religion or anything ....In case you want to know more about verses in the Quran that contain scientific data , then  this video below can give you some insight into it , its a free documentary....

http://video.google.com/videopla ... ;q=miracle+of+quran

I can see that your study governs your life   since you can't stop refering to it....  May your dreams of coming up with energy saving invention that is NOT EXPENSIVE comes true.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-3-2007 12:04 AM | Show all posts
Apa la yang korang post ni?

Use magic Report

Post time 26-3-2007 12:08 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by prototaip at 26-3-2007 12:04 AM
Apa la yang korang post ni?

Sendiri soal dan sendiri jawab dan sundri post kot?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 10:27 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.065808 second(s), 41 queries .