Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3498|Reply: 17

IMPORT PERMIT - AP.

[Copy link]
Post time 23-2-2008 08:30 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Assalamualaikum and Hi to everybody,

I have an inquiry and l hope all of you can share your knowledge and understanding in this subject with me who is still in the dark. It's about Import Permit AP.

I heard that this import permit is going to be abolished by end of 2010. This will mean that if you want to buy a car abroad, you can bring as many cars as you want providing that these cars are not second hand. The cars will need to be brand new. The custom and tax will also be reduced in a big margin.

I dont know how true this is. But l am sure there will be so many who are thinking about buying cars to take them back to Malaysia who will be hapy if this is true. At the moment, Malaysians living abroad can only bring one car ie. they are only allowed one AP. Married couples are also allowed one AP even if they have different work contracts.

At the moment the conditions of obtaining these APs are very strict and troublesome. Car buyers will need to produce evidence of licence, insurance and ownership of car for 9 months or more before they are entitled to ship it over to Malaysia. They will also need to satisfy the authority that they are coming home for good which means that they will need to resign from work,  take these documents back to Malaysia, show it to the authority that they have resigned from work before AP application can be processed and issued. I understand that the process will take a week. AP application will need to be submitted by hand, no postal application will be entertained.  

Many will find that there will be no problem obtaining evidence of ownership as car buyers will need insurance and licence even before they thought about buying a car but when it comes to resignation evidence, this is where it will become a problem...and it's a huge one.

Personally I will be happy if this AP can be abolished, the earlier the better. I want to bring two cars back home but am allowed one AP at the moment.

If this news is indeed true that AP will be a thing in the past by December 2010, Malaysians can actually go abroad, buy their dream car and take them back to Malaysia.

Anybody with an up-date on this issue, can you please enlighten me on this.      .

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-2-2008 08:52 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1 doublemint's post

AP is under the purview of MITI...pernah tanya sesapa kat situ?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2008 09:02 AM | Show all posts
my 2 cents..
stop dreaming. even new tax structure announced last year, the new scheme for excess fees also been implemented. \
sama la tuhhh..!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2008 09:13 AM | Show all posts

Reply #3 ryo_takahashi1's post

yup .. agree 100%

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2008 02:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ryo_takahashi1 at 23-2-2008 09:02
my 2 cents..
stop dreaming. even new tax structure announced last year, the new scheme for excess fees also been implemented. \
sama la tuhhh..!!!

gitulah kat m'sia ni. Pi Mai Pi Mai Tang Tu jugak. Ader je cara nak mengelat.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-2-2008 04:17 PM | Show all posts
Thank you all for your contributions.

I wrote to the Malaysian Trade Commisiion in London to inquire about taking my cars back to Malaysia after deciding to come back for good. It's a difficult position for me as l have a secure job over here.

MTC in their response did not say a lot but sign-posted me to MITI. They did however put a lot of enclosures and photocopies of information that l need to know about AP.

I wrote to MITI in Malaysia two months ago but uptil today they are keeping it silent. i dont know what happened to my inquiries. They may have been put in the bin or somebody just did not bother their **se to answer them. Just goes to prove how efficeint we are in dealing with inquiries. Of course l don't have a Datok or a Tan Sri title in front of my name neither am l a relative of Rafidah Aziz which might give you an indication on why my inquiries with MITI received a cold response.

My posting to CARI is to find out information from people who have first hand experience about AP and all the processes and procedures that they have to take from the first step of putting the car into a container, obtaining  registration number plate uptil to the final stage where the car is on the road.

I have searched on the MITI website and have a rough idea about this issue but these guidelines are not a tablet of stone.  People have different circusmtances and these guidelines may not apply to suit a particular circumstances.

Straight-forward cases like husband went abroad, family joined in, completed his Ph.D, bought a car, came back-  is simple. They can follow the guidelines from MITI.

But what if husband and wife work abroad, wife decided to resign, husband still works, wife wants to bring car home, husband also wants to bring car home. How will this apply to MITI guidelines?.

Appreciate all your comment.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-2-2008 11:57 PM | Show all posts

Reply #6 doublemint's post

they are all busy with election now, thats' y your query is still keep on hold...

Use magic Report

Post time 24-2-2008 01:06 AM | Show all posts

Reply #6 doublemint's post

i'm not sure bout those bring back car from europe... but ex japs student will pleasure to help you...
kumik tolong ini worang...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-4-2008 08:51 PM | Show all posts
Erk... Kalau x silap aku, sorang rakyat Malaysia berhak dpt 1 AP kan?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2008 12:18 AM | Show all posts

Reply #8 ryo_takahashi1's post

adehh.. tak larat aku nak baca posting panjang berjela ni..
aku cam nak tido liaoo..  biler kita minum TT nanti ko citer kat aku yerrrr

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2008 12:35 AM | Show all posts

Reply #9 nik2121's post

haiyaaa.. term n condition apply maah...
eg:student, stay obersea 86tahun bla..blaaa..

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2008 10:45 AM | Show all posts

Reply #11 takumi86's post

86 tahun?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2008 10:56 AM | Show all posts
susah2 beli aje AP student. bayar Pound 1k kat student undergrad kawtim

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2008 03:22 PM | Show all posts
sorang pelajar ada 1 AP ke?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2008 03:43 PM | Show all posts

Reply #14 Rempit_25's post

Rasanya setiap rakyat M'sia ada 1 AP

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2008 04:23 PM | Show all posts

Reply #14 Rempit_25's post

Yup...oversea students yg buat higher degree (1st degree, Master or PhD) layak memohon satu (1) AP dengan syarat memenuhi syarat2 spt tinggal tak kurang darih setahun di luar negara, dan kete telah dimiliki sekurang2nya sembilan bulan, lesen memandu, insuran, dan segala macam tok nenek syarat2 lain yg menyakitkan hati

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-4-2008 11:00 PM | Show all posts
exprience bekas staff kt kedutaan mesia kt brunei nk bawak balik bmw cabuk die..g proceed bla2 sume tu dpt la buat balik...syng punye pasal kt kete..ghupenye kalu kete conti die akan caj luxury car..brape aku tk pasti lak..

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2008 11:12 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nik2121 at 18-4-2008 10:45 AM
86 tahun?

contoh jer laaa...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 05:07 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.068214 second(s), 44 queries .