Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: jaeden85

MY GIRL (FILIPINO REMAKE) Starring Kim Chiu

[Copy link]
Post time 19-3-2008 11:07 PM | Show all posts

Reply #16 rp17's post

they don't change names of latin american dramas since filipinos and latin americans have more or less the same names....

[ Last edited by  cassy_cass at 19-3-2008 11:09 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-3-2008 08:54 AM | Show all posts

Reply #19 shanew3stgalz's post

ohooo

Use magic Report

Post time 16-4-2008 09:24 PM | Show all posts
[table][tr][td]Gerald Anderson is all set to play Julian on My Girl [/td][/tr][tr][td]"I feel very lucky to have been chosen for the part. This is the most mature role that's ever been given to me and I feel very excited. I抦 looking forward to the part," says Gerald Anderson who has been tapped to play opposite Kim Chiu in the Tagalog adaptation of the Koreanovela My Girl. The 19-year-old  admits that the role of Julian, a corporate-minded guy who returns to the country to manage his family's hotel business, is his most challenging role to date.

To prepare for his role as the serious Julian, Gerald reveals he抯 been working out more at the gym and attending acting workshops to get in shape for the part both physically and mentally. The PBB Teen alumni will be playing a character that is 21 years old, but Gerald sees this as a welcome challenge. He also admits that he has no problem doing kissing scenes, as long as his co-star is comfortable with it too. 擬e and the character are different because he's so focused on their business. Sana someday I'll have my own business rin. Aside from yung difference rin sa edad namin, he's really stiff, which is something I also have to learn," he explains.

Other members of the cast include Ronaldo Valdez, Bing Loyzaga, and another PBB Teen alumni Nina Jose.. "We tried to come up with a cast that is not just locally appealing, but [also one] that we can be proud to sell abroad. Since we're doing it for the first time, the first franchise format, we have to make sure that it is worth selling abroad. We're not just looking at the local market or the TFC market, but to other Asian countries as well," adds Biboy Arboleda, Ad and Promo Head for Deo Endrinal抯 business unit.
When it comes to the treatment of the story, ABS-CBN Business Unit Head Deo Edrinal shares, "We're retaining the basic core of the story, but we're 慞hilippinizing

Use magic Report

Post time 16-4-2008 11:05 PM | Show all posts

Entertainment
Cast of Pinoy version of 'My Girl' all set
Friday, April 11, 2008

Here's an update for the Pinoy adaptation of the ABS-CBN hit Koreanovela, 揗y Girl,

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 16-4-2008 11:21 PM | Show all posts
MY GIRL PICTORIAL [STAR STUDIO MAGAZINE]

Regine Angeles, David Chua, Ni馻 Jose, Gerald Anderson, Kim Chiu, Enchong Dee & Cathy Gonzaga

credits to the owner of the pic

Use magic Report

Post time 17-4-2008 01:40 AM | Show all posts
THE CAST

KIM CHIU as Jasmine [Yoo-rin]

GERALD ANDERSON as Julian [Gong-chan]

ENCHONG DEE as Nico [Jung-woo]

NI馎 JOSE as Annika [Seo-hyun]

CATHY GONZAGA as Ahn Jin-shim

REGINE ANGELES as Yoon Jin-kyung

DAVID CHUA as Ahn Jin-kyu

info:
* Kim,Gerald & Ni馻 were all part of the Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition back in 2006
* Kim & Gerald have already worked w/ Cathy Gonzaga in GoKada Go [as Kim's cousin, teen oriented sitcom] & I've fallen For you movie[as Kim's best friend]
*Cathy Gonzaga is also the sister of singer/actress/host Toni Gonzaga

credits to Kimerald Bao, Regine angeles & cathy gonzaga threads

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 17-4-2008 02:17 AM | Show all posts
BUZZBOX

A 揾ip hop

Use magic Report

Post time 17-4-2008 11:51 AM | Show all posts

Reply #26 kapamilyaako23's post

i don't know why, but i don't like gerald will act as gong chan...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-4-2008 01:37 AM | Show all posts

Reply #28 Eddlisa_uyuk's post

I feel the same way.. I still have to go with Sam Milby if given the chance & Jake Cuenca for Jung woo. But the management & advertisers want Gerald for the role. As others said, hope they do give justice for My Girl [ one of my fave korean series].  Im pretty much happy for the other cast & the director ( Jerome Pobocan - SWAN, IALSA, Gulong ng Palad, Hiram, Sana Maulit Muli, Bituing walang ningning, Rounin & Lastkiman )

I'm more upset of of another favorite korean series, Kim Sam Soon [ GMA-7]. They got regine velasquez and mark anthony fernandez. ***sigh***  Other cast for this philippine version will be wendell ramos, nadine samonte & dr. hayden kho.

[ Last edited by  kapamilyaako23 at 18-4-2008 02:49 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-4-2008 12:31 AM | Show all posts

Reply #29 kapamilyaako23's post

oh gosh, another copy korean series--kim sam soon??? regine velasquez as sam soon??

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2008 08:09 PM | Show all posts

Reply #30 Eddlisa_uyuk's post

regine velasquez as sam soon..

Use magic Report

Post time 29-4-2008 05:46 AM | Show all posts

Korean Dramas Remade in Philippines, Japan

When the SBS drama "My Girl" was shown on primetime Philippine TV in 2006, the dialogue was dubbed in the Filipino language and the characters played by actress Lee Da-hae and actor Lee Dong-wook were re-named Jasmine and Julian.

Filipino audiences fell in love with the romantic comedy series, making it one of the most popular Korean dramas in the Philippines. Since it was such a big hit, ABS-CBN, the broadcasting network that aired the drama, decided to remake "My Girl" with an all-Filipino cast.

ABS-CBN bought the rights to remake the drama from SBS, and the Philippine version of "My Girl" is scheduled to air next month.

"We're retaining the basic core of the story, but we're `Philippinizing' it in so many ways. So it's going to be different. Ours is a combination of drama and comedy. It's a younger version definitely. The number of episodes is slightly more as well. Our version should run for about 16 to 20 hours," ABS-CBN business unit head Deo Edrinal said in a statement.

While the story is set in the Philippines, the producers are trying to inject some Korean flavor to the drama. A Korean stylist has been hired to create a trendy "Korean look" for the Filipino actors and actresses.

GMA Network, another major broadcasting network in the Philippines, also reportedly acquired the rights to remake the 2005 MBC drama "My Name is Kim Sam-soon."

This is not the first time for a Korean drama to be remade abroad. The first was the Japanese drama "Hotelier," a remake of the Korean drama starring hallyu icon Bae Yong-joon, which was aired last year by TV Asahi in Japan.

Bae, who remains wildly popular among Japanese women, even made a cameo appearance in the drama. However, ratings for the drama were quite low.

In recent years, Japanese production companies have been acquiring drama adaptation rights for Korean movies.

A Japanese drama version of the successful 2001 Korean film "My Sassy Girl" called "Ryokiteki na Kanojo" will hit TV screens this spring. Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, a member of the popular group SMAP, and actress Lena Tanaka will play the lead roles.

However, the original plot and characters have been slightly changed. Instead of the lead characters playing college students, Kusanagi will play a marine biology professor, while Tanaka will play a writer. The drama airs April 20 on TBS network in Japan.

Incidentally, the Hollywood version of "My Sassy Girl," starring Jesse Bradford and Elisha Cuthbert, will be released this year.

"My Boss My Hero," based on the Korean film "My Boss, My Teacher," was one of 2005's biggest hit Japanese dramas. Tokio lead singer Tomoya Nagase played the role of a tough but idiotic gangster forced to return to high school to get his diploma, which was originally played by Korean actor Jeoung Jun-ho.

On the other hand, Korean production companies have been snapping up rights to remake several popular Japanese manga and dramas. Last year, MBC aired the Korean remake of the Japanese drama "White Tower," which garnered high ratings.

There are plans to do a Korean drama version of the popular manga "Boys Over Flowers (Hana Yori Dango)," this year. It has already been turned into a successful drama in Taiwan (Meteor Garden) and Japan.

Credits: cathy@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...201_22519.html

Use magic Report

Post time 30-4-2008 10:57 PM | Show all posts
MY GIRL signing of Contract in Cannes, France
headed by SBS EXECUTIVES & ABS-CBN President Charo Santos-Concio

credits to Kimerald Bao

[ Last edited by  kapamilyaako23 at 30-4-2008 10:58 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2008 03:29 AM | Show all posts

credits to showbuzzer

credits to kimerald BAO

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2008 04:32 AM | Show all posts
3 BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS FOR KIMBERLY SUE YAP CHIU

TV SPECIAL "My girl turns 18"
April 26 at the GlassGarden - STAR MAGIC [abs-cbn]
link http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B1154906D14AFBD1

Kim's Dad & Siblings
[kim wishes her mom could attend to her debut, but failed to do so. Her mom left them & haven't seen her in 9 years.]

credits to abs-cbn, PEP, jay & hazel125 kimerald BAO

[ Last edited by  kapamilyaako23 at 8-5-2008 06:59 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2008 06:00 AM | Show all posts
Kimerald fans all out party for Kim's debut

sponsored by: KIMERALD BAOs - April 24, 08 Patio Ibarra, Quezon City
blowing of 18 candles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMXH7dyx4Y4
gifts galore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAGfU4FeT8U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xGO2WuXJ0c
gerald's girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTkCtZb7Zf0

c/o howie

c/o kim's sister lakam

sponsored by: KIMERALD WORLD - April 29, 08 The Secret Garden, Novaliches, Quezon City
party   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p-co98fFQo
MV    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqj3Hw_rmMI

credits to http://megapixelsstudio.com/blog/

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-5-2008 02:44 PM | Show all posts

Reply #33 kapamilyaako23's post

have they start shooting this remake??

Use magic Report

Post time 9-5-2008 06:44 PM | Show all posts

Reply #37 Eddlisa_uyuk's post

yes they already have..right after her debut they already started..

post more info as soon as I get them.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-5-2008 08:29 PM | Show all posts

Reply #8 wbsJUE's post

offtopic

comey nye avatar ko
junsu ske wat cmtuh

Use magic Report

Post time 9-5-2008 08:30 PM | Show all posts
skarang bnyk sgt yg cedok nye..
filipin pon ade wat ugly betty gak kan..bea alonzo yg jd betty...cm seswai jek

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

16-4-2024 09:28 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.211529 second(s), 47 queries .