yg paling penting i rasa, kena jimatkan air. Guna ikut keperluan je, jgn membazir. Cth kat msia ni, kita perlu wujudkan sistem pam jamban yg baru di semua tempat secara menyeluruh, klau buang air kecil, tekan pam yg keluarkan air sedikit je, bila buang air besar baru guna pam yg curah air banyak ke dalam mangkuk jamban.
Bayangkan klau kita guna air sedikit je utk pam jamban, berapa juta liter air sehari kita dapat jimatkan
1. hadkan penggunaan sumber tenaga yg tak boleh diperbaharui
2. elakkan penggunaan racun perosak
3. amalkan 3 sikap: reuse, reduce, recycle
3. adakan kempen kesedaran diri
4. mengharamkan pembakaran sampah di tempat terbuka
5. mengawal aktiviti perlombongan, pembinaan, dan pembakaran
6. menguatkuasakan undang-undang untuk mengawal pembebasan gas-gas beracun dari kilang-kilang dan kenderaan
7. kurangkan jugak penggunaan penghawa dingin dan peti sejuk...
In Your Home ¨C Conserve Energy (penjimatan tenaga)
1. Clean or replace air filters on your air conditioning unit at least once a month.
2. If you have central air conditioning, do not close vents in unused rooms.
3. Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120.
4. Wrap your water heater in an insulated blanket.
5. Turn down or shut off your water heater when you will be away for extended periods.
6. Turn off unneeded lights even when leaving a room for a short time.
7.Set your refrigerator temperature at 36 to 38 and your freezer at 0 to 5 .
8. When using an oven, minimize door opening while it is in use; it reduces oven temperature by 25 to 30 every time you open the door.
9.Clean the lint filter in your dryer after every load so that it uses less energy.
10. Unplug seldom used appliances.
11. Use a microwave when- ever you can instead of a conventional oven or stove.
12. Wash clothes with warm or cold water instead of hot.
13. Reverse your indoor ceiling fans for summer and winter operations as recommended.
14. Turn off lights, computers and other appliances when not in use.
15. Purchase appliances and office equipment with the Energy Star Label; old refridgerators, for example, use up to 50 more electricity than newer models.
16. Only use electric appliances when you need them.
17. Use compact fluorescent light bulbs to save money and energy.
18. Keep your thermostat at 68 in winter and 78 in summer.
19. Keep your thermostat higher in summer and lower in winter when you are away
20. Insulate your home as best as you can.
21. Install weather stripping around all doors and windows.
22. Shut off electrical equipment in the evening when you leave work.
23. Plant trees to shade your home.
24. Shade outside air conditioning units by trees or other means.
25. Replace old windows with energy efficient ones.
26. Use cold water instead of warm or hot water when possible.
27. Connect your outdoor lights to a timer.
28. Buy green electricity - electricity produced by low - or even zero-pollution facilities
langkah2 kat atas boleh kurangkan penggunaan tenaga elektrik semasa kat umah.. boleh dipraktikkan..
biasa nya penyebab jerebu di negara kita ialah pembakaran terbuka di Indonesia. Boleh ke kita warga msia ni buat sesuatu utk menghalang derang dari buat pembakaran terbuka ni? Saman derang kat mahkamah misal nya? MEngadu kat United Nation ke?
1. Ask your employer to consider flexible work schedules or telecommuting.
2. Recycle printer cartridges.
3. Shut off electrical equipment in the evening when you leave work.
4. Report smoking vehicles to your local air agency.
5. Don't use your wood stove or fireplace when air quality is poor.
6. Avoid slow-burning, smoldering fires. They produce the largest amount of pollution.
7. Burn seasoned wood - it burns cleaner than green wood.
8. Use solar power for home and water heating.
9. Use low-VOC or water-based paints, stains, finishes and paint strippers.
10. Purchase radial tires and keep them properly inflated for your vehicle.
11. Paint with brushes or rollers instead of using spray paints to minimize harmful emissions.
12. Ignite charcoal barbecues with an electric probe or other alternative to lighter fluid.
13. If you use a wood stove, use one sold after 1990. They are required to meet federal emissions standards and are more efficient and cleaner burning.
14. Walk or ride your bike instead of driving, whenever possible.
15. Join a carpool or vanpool to get to work.
16. Check and fix any water leaks.
1. Buy items in bulk from loose bins when possible to reduce the packaging wasted.
2. Avoid products with several layers of packaging when only one is sufficient. About 33 of what we throw away is packaging.
3. Buy products that you can reuse.
4. Maintain and repair durable products instead of buying new ones.
5. Check reports for products that are easily repaired and have low breakdown rates.
6. Reuse items like bags and containers when possible.
7. Use cloth napkins instead of paper ones.
8. Use reusable plates and utensils instead of disposable ones.
9. Use reusable containers to store food instead of aluminum foil and
10. Shop with a canvas bag instead of using paper and plastic bags.
11. Buy rechargeable batteries for devices used frequently.
12. Reuse packaging cartons and shipping materials. Old newspapers make great packaging material.
13. Compost your vegetable scraps.
14. Buy used furniture - there is a surplus of it, and it is much cheaper than new furniture.
Important Notice: The views and opinions expressed on the forum or the related pages are of the owner alone, and are not endorsed by CARI, nor is CARI responsible for them. Due to the nature of the Internet forum is in real time, CARI does not, and can not censor any submission, but asks that each user use discretion and respect for other users, and does not contribute any word that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. CARI reserve the right to withhold and/or remove any link that might possibly hold an individual, entity or group ridicule, potential embarrassment or potential defamation. CARI also reserves the right to accept, edit and/or remove any link that is deemed inappropriate in any way.