Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Nora18

Let's talk about the current market...

[Copy link]
Nora18 This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 19-9-2003 10:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Nomad at 2003-9-19 05:31 PM:
Manipulating the buyer queue....that one kena already!!!  a few times actually.  

STill have not found the time to look for the indexing book.  Very keen to learn that.  Very soon I hope.

The ...

Don't know about the ING thingy.

On the personal index, perhaps this could help...

Have a nice weekend...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Nomad This user has been deleted
Post time 22-9-2003 10:02 AM | Show all posts
Thanks for your help.  

Have a rewarding week ahead!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-9-2003 11:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Nomad at 2003-9-22 10:02 AM:
Thanks for your help.  

Have a rewarding week ahead!

Seems that the bull is taking a deep breath since Friday. Tussle between the bull and the bear like this makes everyone's anxiety shoot up! Up to Friday, the market is very much in consolidation. Morning session today doesn't look good tho...

For now, I'll just monitor my individual stock's Stop Loss...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-9-2003 05:22 PM | Show all posts
You are not alone!

Anybody know what's happening?  Must be Sunday's papers front page!  All same topic.

Use magic Report

kelley This user has been deleted
Post time 22-9-2003 05:54 PM | Show all posts

such headlines....

Originally posted by Nomad at 22-9-2003 17:22:
You are not alone!

Anybody know what's happening?  Must be Sunday's papers front page!  All same topic.

..aiyah , sometimes u WONDER who they are trying to kid........!!

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2003 08:48 AM | Show all posts
Good news, good news, good news.....where the !@#$%^ are you???  If no good news today, I will cabut!!!

The intention (you know whose laa) is good, but the way it is being lobbied, shows no confidence at all.  How laaaa???  

Nora, just curious, how did you pick FBO at the first place?  This is one solid counter!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 23-9-2003 09:25 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Nomad at 2003-9-23 08:48 AM:
Good news, good news, good news.....where the !@#$%^ are you???  If no good news today, I will cabut!!!

The intention (you know whose laa) is good, but the way it is being lobbied, shows no conf ...

I didn't bring my note today, but from my analysis last night, NI seems to break out 7-day high, which is quite awkard compared to the way CI was falling yesterday. Noted also that NI's Low was lower then the previous day.

I think the market is in confusion... for whatever reason. Your note on the weekend headling might contribute to it, but it could be something else too... My strategy right now is to hold all my positions until they break the Stop Loss, as I think the upside forces are still there. But don't take my word for it, as I may make mistake...

FBO? That counter was standing up with steady increase of volume while most others broken down.... I dropped it when it broke down while the market was at the bottom, which was a mistake learnt...

Cheers!

[ Last edited by Nora18 on 23-9-2003 at 09:28 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-9-2003 03:30 PM | Show all posts

This could be the real reason... Will local funds fill the vacuum??

Morning Call : Dollar Dilemma
This is an article courtesy of OSK Research Sdn. Bhd.
By : OSK Research Sdn. Bhd published in OSK188.com on - 23 Sep, 2003

Dollar Dilemma. Equity markets around the world went into a tailspin as the G7 meeting over the weekend called for flexible exchange rates policy. With a stronger Yen and Euro, it is obvious that the current global economic optimism may just disappear into the thin air should the mighty green back continue to weaken. As for Malaysia, the weak Dollar may boost our competitiveness in the global market but our asset market may lose its attractiveness if the Dollar weakness persists. However, should the global economy be affected by the weak Dollar, the competitive advantage gained from a weak Ringgit too may not help us either. On the market, as the benchmark KLCI closed yesterday below the 740 pts mark, weakness is expected to persist in the short-term. Support is now pegged at the 738 and 734 pts level.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-9-2003 09:18 AM | Show all posts
I banged my head on the wall as well yesterday.  The moment I sold my gadang, and it moved 50 cents!  Life is full of regrets, don't you think so?  A few others to watch for...
-Sugar
-Tanamas
-AWC
What does your indicator say on the above shares?

Have a nice day!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-9-2003 09:38 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Nomad at 2003-9-24 09:18 AM:
I banged my head on the wall as well yesterday.  The moment I sold my gadang, and it moved 50 cents!  Life is full of regrets, don't you think so?  A few others to watch for...
-Sugar
-Tanamas

Ouch... didn't bring my softcopy of data to work....

Apart from watching NI, I only trade a handful of counters (less than 10 watched, usually less than 5 traded) day-in day-out.... The list only change once in a while, when the average volume or volatility of the individual counter decreased...

On your gadang... been there, done that.... The only thing left to do was to forget and go on....

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2003 11:00 AM | Show all posts
Aiyah,.....missed all the action yesterday!!!  Was in a meeting the whole day of yesterday.  Then today no action...why US dropped so much ah?

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2003 11:52 AM | Show all posts
On second thought...

Good luck trading!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-9-2003 08:43 AM | Show all posts
Last 5 days of Nora Index (NI)

Date       Open    High    Low     Close   Vol     Note
======================================
20030919   2.186   2.215   2.162   2.192   8903    Neutral
20030922   2.203   2.236   2.181   2.211   10598   Upward -- major slide in CI due USD weakness ann
20030923   2.217   2.244   2.179   2.202   10264   Downward
20030924   2.211   2.272   2.188   2.254   13935   Upward
20030925   2.236   2.301   2.211   2.262   16695   Upward

Between 23/9 to 25/9, while CI shows a decline/confusion that breaks down its 28-day MA, NI displays a divergence showing increase in all prices and volumes. It does looks like the market has recovered from the news last weekend and resume its upward direction.

I'm still holding all my open swing positions as non actually touched the stoploss.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-9-2003 08:50 AM | Show all posts
Noticed the big jump in volume, coupled with a few contract awards, I sure hope it will be a good week ahead!

And, surprisingly my old "half dead" counters started moving yesterday.  Pray for Raya angpaw!

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-9-2003 09:14 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Nomad at 2003-9-26 08:50 AM:
Noticed the big jump in volume, coupled with a few contract awards, I sure hope it will be a good week ahead!

And, surprisingly my old "half dead" counters started moving yesterday.  P ...

Yup, I think the USD weakness announcement last weekend pauses the market as the players try to understand and consume the news.

But still be careful loh.... Market in known to catch us off-guard....

Use magic Report

Post time 26-9-2003 11:42 AM | Show all posts
Nora,

If you don't mind.....could you please update your NI , say weekly, just the summary will do.  I don't think I will ever get this thing off the ground, at least within the next few weeks!  Please.....nanti I belanja you makan!

I was caught in the bull trap during the last rally.....sob sob sob

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-9-2003 11:59 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Nomad at 2003-9-26 11:42 AM:
Nora,

If you don't mind.....could you please update your NI , say weekly, just the summary will do.  I don't think I will ever get this thing off the ground, at least within the next few weeks!  ...

he he he... community service.... Hmmm...

I will post this especially when there is a major turn upcoming or about to happend or just happend. Otherwise, it would be a boring commentary... FYI, I mirror this to stockk.com too starting yesterday, in Ahpek's private forum....

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Post time 26-9-2003 06:59 PM | Show all posts
TQ TQ TQ!!!

You know what?  I just discovered another benefit of investing/trading...

you get free hotel food during the AGM/EGM!!!!

Saw hordes of old couples attending wingtiek meeting at prince hotel two days ago!!!  For as low as RM2, you get free food and shares!  Life is Good!  Now...this is something to look forward to growing old!

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2003 01:18 AM | Show all posts

you guys playing this bull-bull things for ''market -money'' or what?

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2003 12:20 PM | Show all posts
Play for money laar, what else? oh yah, for the free food during agm/egm as well.

Anybody around using the wi-fi trading/online info yet?  If yes, care to share the cost involved? say compared to the traditional online trading... with these new technological enhancement, am sure will attract more people into the market!!!

Cheers!!!  Happy trading next week!!!!!!!   aahhh, the smell of greed in the air

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-3-2024 11:59 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086430 second(s), 42 queries .