View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2013 11:39 PM | Show all posts

RUNNING MAN VJs

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-7-2013 11:52 PM | Show all posts

''Running Man'' commemorates its 3rd anniversary on air

For the numerous fans of SBS's 'Running Man', July 10 was a very special day as it marked the third anniversary of the exhilarating action-variety program. To commemorate the occasion, No Cut News held a special interview with the lead producer, Cho Hyo Jin, to take a small breather after three years of nonstop running.

What are your thoughts on commemorating the third anniversary?

Neither Yoo Jae Suk nor I could've imagined that we would last this long. (laughter) We're very grateful. We always discuss ideas and try to attempt new things every week. Sometimes we get a good response. We're thankful to the viewers for helping us for the past three years.

Is there a special episode planned to mark the occasion?

We've already shot episodes that will air past the three-year mark. However, we're still debating whether or not to prepare a special anniversary episode. If we film a special episode, the expectations would be very high. But we do think that if we can come up with something to fit the occasion, we should film it.

What episode is the most memorable for you?

The superpower episode remains the most memorable. Everything fell together remarkably with what we had planned in advance, and we began to understand that a story could be told within the games themselves. Prior to that, our games were very simple. The members could make their own stories as well. The foreign specials were also very memorable, especially the ones with Park Ji Sung. He was someone who we wanted on our show for a long time, and the members all liked him. We all became very close after that, so it was easy getting him to guest again. The second time, there were many parts that were even better than the first, so we're very satisfied.

What guests were the most memorable?

Park Ji Sung was the most surprising. I had no idea he could talk that well. (laughter) When I first went to England to meet him, he had an amazing sense of variety. Even Yoo Jae Suk told him he should do variety more. Choi Min Soo is also someone I'm thankful towards. He was very good at livening up his character, putting suspense into 'Running Man' in the process. He was very memorable. Also, I was very surprised with Jung Woo Sung -- I was expecting a very manly, charismatic character, but as we filmed together, he had many fun moments. Apart from them, Son Ye Jin, Gong Hyo Jin, Han Hyo Joo, Suzy, and Sulli were all highlights. This is true for most guests, but viewers tend to like guests who participate intensely in the filming. I was very moved by that.

When do you think 'Running Man' began gaining traction?

I think the turning point came with our first foreign filming. Around that same time, we were planning on making many changes. Before that, filming went from dawn until evening, and we thought we could do things another way. We decided to break out of the system of filming in only one particular location. The first episode with the new system was the 'Queen Bee Race' with Noh Sa Yeon and Goo Hara, which was our first implementation of the 'race' mechanic. It received a good response from the viewers, and we also used it in our Thailand excursion. There was also the positive trait that we could show off many landmarks in one episode.

Your popularity is strong abroad as well as domestically.

I'm curious about that too. (laughter) Many foreigners say our show is fun and the fact that we have new ideas every week is something new. There's also a lot of intensity and humor, so maybe that's why it's getting so much love. Honestly, it's hard to film overseas nowadays. (laughter) So many people show up, it's sometimes hard to carry on filming.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2013 11:56 PM | Show all posts

'Running Man' is gaining attention internationally -- does it put pressure on you?

The pressure was there from the very first episode. (laughter) After we got popular, the producers share a lot of discussion about ideas. Since we have a large amount of young viewers, the ideas hold a lot of merit. So there's a lot of pressure and stress about that. (laughter) Since we have to produce within the limited space of games, we only think about how we can further improve and grow ideas.

What's the secret behind the powerful guest casting?

At first, it was hard finding guests to come on the program, since there was talk that it was hard work and nothing else. In a game format, finding characters was the toughest thing. In everyday situations, it's easy to establish personalities, but harder to do while playing games. The cast needed to play games and draw from their characters at the same time, so we didn't want to impose unnatural characters on them. After a while, the characters began to form, and along with that came an atmosphere that guests felt comfortable participating in. After that, I think guests think very comfortably of 'Running Man'. In fact, we tell them to just show up and have a good time. Since a lot of great guests have been on our program, many people come to us first with interest in guesting. I think this creates a positive feedback loop.

Among SBS programs, 'Running Man' has lasted for a long time.

It's all thanks to the members. Yoo Jae Suk is wonderful at creating the perfect balance. Kim Jong Kook has a strong image on air, but takes care of everyone behind the scenes. So all of the members became friendly with each other. The scriptwriters and producers are also working hard to plan new items. We all share a drive to try something new, and I think that gets reflected with the viewers.

Do you have any plans to implement changes in the program?

Rather than guests, we're getting the idea that we might need to try different kinds of games. We need to develop new weapons, but it's not as easy as we thought it would be. Since it's been three years, we hope to bring a new kind of 'Running Man' soon.

What sort of program do you want to be remembered as?

A really, really fun program. I don't hold any other thoughts. Although there are a lot of programs with values and deep thoughts, I want to make 'Running Man' into just a plain, fun show that allows viewers to drop everything in their real lives and laugh.

(credit allkpop)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 12-7-2013 01:21 AM | Show all posts
clara_nur posted on 11-7-2013 11:39 PM
RUNNING MAN VJs

glamour gak dia org....suka bila games ada libatkan dia org gak

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-7-2013 02:07 AM | Show all posts
sapa dah tgk epi 153??? lisa suka sgt time monday couple tuh

(Ep153) Monday Couple

JiHyo have to go Kang Gary
Gary:Forget it. I'm mad
JiHyoon't be mad
... Garyt's always been like this. For three and half years now
JiHyoet's make up
Gary:Forget it. Not today
JiHyoome here. Let's make up.
Gary: *Suddenly happy ㅋㅋ

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2013 08:38 AM | Show all posts
Haha mocking KJK

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2013 08:40 AM | Show all posts
Meriah sgt rumah baru ni. .suka2

Happy 3rd anniversary...
semoga RM terus success. .terus bertahan smpi bila2(mcm x logik pulak). .
YOO JAESUK, JI SUKJIN, KIM JONGKOOK, KANG GARY, HAHA, SONG JIHYO & LEE KWANGSOO. .uols mmg DAEBAK!!

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2013 09:49 AM | Show all posts
Check in rumah baru RM..rumah-rumah sebelum ni just baca jer..

Happy 3rd Anniversary RM...semoga bykkan lagi group games instead personal games..caiyokk...

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2013 09:50 AM | Show all posts
eddlisa_uyuk posted on 12-7-2013 02:07 AM
sapa dah tgk epi 153??? lisa suka sgt time monday couple tuh

Gary marah2, last2 bila ji hyo peluk. Senyum terus. Kalau perasan, time ni gary hampir terkiss ji hyo

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2013 10:14 AM | Show all posts
curiouscat posted on 12-7-2013 09:50 AM
Gary marah2, last2 bila ji hyo peluk. Senyum terus. Kalau perasan, time ni gary hampir terkiss ji  ...

aku tak tau la, kalau JH ni kawen dgn CEO tu? ape perasaan gary ni?nmpk sgt2 gary sgt suka JH ni. .
wlpn ramai yg kata JH dh mcm suka kt gary, tp air muka JH ni, buat kita konfius. .kdg2 nmpk suka. .kdg2 buat dunno je. .
N aku rasa yg dorg mmg takde ape2 pun. .hanya jlnkan tugas semata-mata<<==jgn lahar aku. .ni apa yg aku lihat dan rasa la. .

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2013 10:14 AM | Show all posts
hepi anniversary for RM and selamat berpuasa kpd semua forumer CARI  n peminat tegar RM...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-7-2013 10:39 AM | Show all posts
cik_ted143 posted on 12-7-2013 10:14 AM
aku tak tau la, kalau JH ni kawen dgn CEO tu? ape perasaan gary ni?nmpk sgt2 gary sgt suka JH ni.  ...

Aku pun rasa ji hyo sekadar melayan kat set je. Tapi gary pun ntah2 melayan jugak, gary kan memang jenis yang menurut je. Rasanya masing2 professional menjalankan tugas. Harap2 la

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2013 11:49 AM | Show all posts
clara_nur posted on 11-7-2013 10:56 PM
RE-POST BALIK.
2NE1 to make their grand return to variety shows on ''Running Man''

maknanye skrg ni guest dah boleh tau in advance ye? dulu2 menda ni kan strictly rahsia...

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2013 02:51 PM | Show all posts
forselab posted on 12-7-2013 11:49 AM
maknanye skrg ni guest dah boleh tau in advance ye? dulu2 menda ni kan strictly rahsia...

me rasa tak semua artis..tp mcm kes 2NE1,diorg nk buat comeback dan ni first time diorg akn terlibat dgn variety show cmni..
so kira sbhgn drpd promosi mcm yg BIGBANG buat dulu..

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2013 03:05 PM | Show all posts
cik_ted143 posted on 12-7-2013 10:14 AM
aku tak tau la, kalau JH ni kawen dgn CEO tu? ape perasaan gary ni?nmpk sgt2 gary sgt suka JH ni.  ...

jihyo dh 33..tak lama lg kot kawen..ker tggu habis RM dulu sbb nk jaga hati peminat MC?
cepat2la kawen,so xde org or mana2 pihak menangguk air yg keruh..
opss,jgn lahar me plk...cuma antara fantasi dgn realiti,kita kena realistik..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 07:09 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.316889 second(s), 47 queries .