CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 34133|Reply: 87

Strictly for R&B Maniac

[Copy link]
Post time 6-11-2003 11:10 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
I guess its hardly to find a malaysian who really diggin into r&b music specially male  r&b. FYI, i can call myself a collector aswell as r&b maniac as i have tons of CDs of those genre.

Now the reason i'm posting in this forum is that i want to find a brotha or sista that has the same interest as mine which is Male R&B. I have almost all the collection of any male r&b artist album they ever released. Also i'm proud to share that i own few RARE album such as Ideal (First album), Ladae, Talent, Othello, B.C, Code 5, Richard Burton to name a few (some of it was an Advance copy prior for retail).

Now if you really into this kind of music and a collector, i appreciate if we can talk further and perhaps sharing the wealth. I Also own a lot of male r&b mp3 about 30G and counting (i got all the stuff before it hit the shelves ).

Bear in mind also that some of the group name/artist name i mention to you guys today and in the future might is be an alien to you. But i can assure you that their music is phat than the mainstream group like Boyz 2 Men.

Btw, i'm also into Neo Soul stuff...so if you into Bilal, Musiq, Dwele, Marlon Saunders, Raphael Saadiq, Rahsaan Peterson, Peven Everett, Anthony Hamilton, Calvin Richardson, DJ Rogers JR, Myron, Lathun, Eric Roberson and many others...feel free to hit me aswell...

And last but not least, if you want to know any particular news about any male r&b artist...i might have the info for you..as i got friends working with the major recording company (not local but overseas, - thats where i got most of my stuff)..

I'm out....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-11-2003 07:47 AM | Show all posts
why don't we share the links with us? maybe from there we can download their songs and we can make a review for them.

i have a big interest into r&b music; but i'm so sorry to say that i only love to listen to mainstream r&b, not the underground one ~ since it's hard to find those rare stuff. But if u have some pretty-good sound, I'd consider listening to it.

OK see ya.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-11-2003 07:54 AM | Show all posts
i dont have the link, but i do have a personal ftp (limited space of 10GB, anyhow i archive my collection in CD). PM for acct, i'll show you what i got.

mainstream r&b nowdays are overrated. perhaps the "underground" r&b sound dope then it....u wont regret.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-11-2003 08:05 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by soulquarianz at 7/11/2003 07:54 AM:
i dont have the link, but i do have a personal ftp (limited space of 10GB, anyhow i archive my collection in CD). PM for acct, i'll show you what i got.

mainstream r&b nowdays are overrated. pe ...

our server here don't allow ftps. erm.. i have no idea to exchange the files. do u have any ideas? or maybe u can upload some to website and let us download it.

well, i admit that some mainstream r&b are overrated (and overshadowed with looks). but i don't know why I really like them..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-11-2003 08:12 AM | Show all posts
if u know how to use ftp software such as cuteftp, winftp, flashfxp then again Private Message me...i'll hook u up....

Use magic Report

Post time 8-11-2003 01:56 AM | Show all posts
erm..... let me see then. Once I can get connected to it, I will PM u.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 9-11-2003 08:18 AM | Show all posts
Whoahh..some rare stuff you have there soulquarianz..i'm not an  R&B maniac  per se(pls dont kick me out of this thread hehe) but i wud say i'm just an average  R&B  enthusiast whose cd collections range from R&B to R&B and R&B ... and have pretty good collections of R&B singles/albums  by Keith Sweat, Ralph Tresvant, Tony Thompson, Howard Hewett, Aaron Hall, Nate Dogg, Wayne Marshall, Mark Morrison, Tevin Campbell, DJ Luck etc etc etc..actually pretty old stuff and i bet they are very "basic" by your standard hehe..i haven't been updating my "music console" for yonks eversince one of my Tannoy speakers blew up..
Anyways..keep feedin' us with any latest  R&B Male (or Female) albums in the other thread of yours...:bg:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-11-2003 09:46 AM | Show all posts
Sorry Lana,

The only female artist i listen to is Erykah Badu, Amel Larriuex, Ledisi, Vivien Green, Yahzarah, Angie Stone, JazzyFatNastees, Adriana Evans, Jill Scott, etc (mainly neo soul stuff).

I dont collect their CD tho but i admit i have their full album in mp3 format. Will try my best to update y'all with the latest album. Now waiting for new album from:

1) Musiq (Due end of this year)
2) Donell Jones (due end 2003 or early 2004)
3) Joe (due end 2003 or early 2004)
4) Case (due end 2003 or early 2004)
5) Carl Thomas (due end 2003 or early 2004)
6) Glen Lewis (due end 2003 or early 2004)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-11-2003 02:01 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by soulquarianz at 10/11/2003 09:46 AM:
Sorry Lana,

The only female artist i listen to is Erykah Badu, Amel Larriuex, Ledisi, Vivien Green, Yahzarah, Angie Stone, JazzyFatNastees, Adriana Evans, Jill Scott, etc (mainly neo soul stuff).

I dont collect their CD tho but i admit i have their full album in mp3 format. Will try my best to update y'all with the latest album. Now waiting for new album from:

1) Musiq (Due end of this year)
2) Donell Jones (due end 2003 or early 2004)
3) Joe (due end 2003 or early 2004)
4) Case (due end 2003 or early 2004)
5) Carl Thomas (due end 2003 or early 2004)
6) Glen Lewis (due end 2003 or early 2004)

Wow.. you have my favourite artist in there. From your list, I also enjoy listening to Angie Stone & Jill Scott (Jill Scott is the best in your list.. hehehe).

Nice info, then.. keep on updating.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-11-2003 12:47 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by soulquarianz at 10-11-2003 09:46 AM:
Sorry Lana,

The only female artist i listen to is Erykah Badu, Amel Larriuex, Ledisi, Vivien Green, Yahzarah, Angie Stone, JazzyFatNastees, Adriana Evans, Jill Scott, etc (mainly neo soul stuff) ...

That's  a quite  long list you have there hehe..i have couple of songs from Erykah Badu, Vivien Green and Jill Scott..they are pretty neat! Thanks for updatin' us soulquarianz....will check out the stuff you mentioned..:bg:

Use magic Report

Post time 12-11-2003 05:14 AM | Show all posts
waiting for any other r&b enthusiasts....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-11-2003 09:14 AM | Show all posts
yeah....come on...i need more ppl like you (Muntz / Lana)...come and join us...dont be afraid..i'll guide you to the r&b world...hehe...i'll share my wealth if that satisfy your hunger for r&b and neo soul....

Use magic Report

Post time 13-11-2003 03:11 AM | Show all posts
anyway, i've requested this board long time ago from CARI admin coz I never heard of any R&B forum board in Malaysia. Perhaps we need to spread this out to any R&B lovers out there...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-11-2003 08:08 AM | Show all posts
yes..go spam other forum, mailing list etc...tell them theres a real board talking real r&b, neo soul music...and guess what...its malaysian...hehehe

Use magic Report

whoababy This user has been deleted
Post time 14-11-2003 11:24 AM | Show all posts
Wassup soulquarianz, Muntz & Lana.

I got hooked reading your discussion about R&B music in this thread. I consider myself an R&B fan, but after reading the stuff u know, i feel so inferior - there's so much more out there I don't know!

I gotta admit that I am more into the mainstream R&B stuff (don't blame me - i'm stuck with Malaysian radio & MTV/Channel V). But i do get some mp3s from my friends who downloaded them, e.g. from people like JoDeCi, Blackstreet, Jagged Edge, Donell Jones, Bilal, Another Level, Eric Benet, Maxwell, Angie Stone, Dru Hill, Jaheim, & Musiq Soulchild, and tonnes more.

Another thing, how do we differentiate between R&B and Neo Soul? i once read an article about it, about the emergence of neo Soul artistes in the early 2000's, but can't recall much right now.

Would like to learn more stuff from you guys, and expand my limited horizons a bit

Use magic Report

Post time 18-11-2003 01:35 AM | Show all posts
Actually, I'm not into "Malaysian mainstream" coz R&B got very limited market in Malaysia since that everything focused on pop & rock stuff. I listen more to R&B mainstream outside Malaysia, especially in the US. But sometimes the R&B term was polluted by some money-makers. In the Europe, ppl used to listen R&B, but then they mixed everything from pop stuff, sex and beauties into the so-called R&B group (for example Liberty-X). Anyway, I prefer stuff from the US coz it's more "in-control" and bad music usually be cleaned quickly.

I can differenciate soul & R&B generally... but neo soul is still "new" to me. Maybe our mate soulquarianz could clarify more..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-11-2003 04:15 PM | Show all posts
those in UK was actually a new breed of music which they called it Garage or 2 step (e.g Craig David, Cocoa Brovaz). and correction, imho, Liberty X music category is pop.

Neo soul mainly recorded live in the studio and using live instrument (e.g moog, double bass, etc) and normally sing in dark and sultry voice unlike mainstream r&b which use sampling.

anyway, welcome abroad, you'll learn as you grow up in here,

Use magic Report

Post time 20-11-2003 06:10 AM | Show all posts
Yup.. i know. There are few garage bands that I knew so far... so solid crew, big brovas and so on. But I think Craig David is not garage.. he's more to pop. Well, that's what i think. :stp:

Use magic Report

whoababy This user has been deleted
Post time 20-11-2003 09:04 AM | Show all posts
So... is Erykah Badu & Jill Scott considered as Neo Soul singers?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-11-2003 09:07 AM | Show all posts
craig david is 2 step

yes baby...jill scott i& erykah badu is neo soul singer...in fact Erykah is one of the pioneer for the neo soul movement...alongside with D'angelo...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 06:50 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067569 second(s), 49 queries .