ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 6989|Reply: 31

Woody Allen accused of Sexual abuse by Adopted Daughter

[Copy link]
Post time 2-2-2014 04:54 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Dylan Farrow Pens Open Letter: Woody Allen 'Sexually Assaulted Me' at Age 7

Dylan Farrow, the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen, has written a first person account published on The New York Times' website that details her allegation that she was sexually assaulted by the film director at age 7.

"[W]hen I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me," Farrow wrote in an open letter posted on Times columnist Nicholas Kristof's blog.

In an editors note at the top of the Times blog post, Kristof wrote that the letter was "the first time that Dylan Farrow herself has written about it in public." The renewed accusations surface as Allen's Blue Jasmine was nominated for three Academy Awards, including best original screenplay for the director.

Farrow also wrote that Hollywood figures have turned a "blind eye" to the accusations and specifically asked Alec Baldwin, Cate Blanchett, and Louis C.K.  -- who all appear in Blue Jasmine -- "What if it had been your child"?

"Woody Allen was never convicted of any crime. That he got away with what he did to me haunted me as I grew up," she wrote, adding: "That torment was made worse by Hollywood. All but a precious few (my heroes) turned a blind eye. Most found it easier to accept the ambiguity, to say, 'who can say what happened,' to pretend that nothing was wrong. Actors praised him at awards shows. Networks put him on TV. Critics put him in magazines."

Farrow wrote: "Woody Allen is a living testament to the way our society fails the survivors of sexual assault and abuse."

On Jan. 12, after Diane Keaton accepted Allen's Golden Globes honor, Ronan Farrow, the son of Allen, wrote on Twitter: "Missed the Woody Allen tribute -- did they put the part where a woman publicly confirmed he molested her at age 7 before or after Annie Hall?"

Allen and Mia Farrow split up as a couple in 1992.

The director's reps have not yet responded to THR's request for comment.

P/S:..ape pendpt korang psl ni?..manja x tau ape2..sgt psl Woody Allen..cume tahu..ade celebs yg manja minat..pernah buat filem sesame die..omg!!...nnt manja akan up-date about latar belakang..woody allen..ni...

Last edited by manjalara_01 on 2-2-2014 04:56 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-2-2014 04:59 PM | Show all posts
manja tepek..opinions..org lain...

ChainSmasherz 9 hours ago

I never heard this accusation before. I guess now it makes sense why the Farrows hate him so much. I thought it was just because he left with that Asian girl, in which case, I figured they should've gotten over that by now. But, this makes a lot more sense. And the fact that he left her to get with his adopted daughter lends credence to these allegations, as well.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2014 05:01 PM | Show all posts
Shamrock 8 hours ago

His films suck, they're all backyard selfies. And now he's exposed as a monster.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2014 05:02 PM | Show all posts
L 3 hours ago

When Corey Feldman opened up about the sexual abuse he and Corey Haim suffered at the hands of Hollywood pedophiles, there were comments that said he was making it up to make money. Somehow I don't think so! When you have money, lots of things can be hidden from view or "erased" away. Justin Bieber, for example, will probably end up with a slap on the wrist for all of his troubles, when the average Joe Blow would be in jail. So what else is new? No wonder, individuals, especially in Hollywood, don't come forward regarding the abuse they have suffered. It takes an extremely strong person to do that.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2014 12:18 PM | Show all posts
Tak kenal nak juga open thread tentang Woody Allen

Woody Allen is a filmmaker, quite a legend but he's not dead yet. And he married his own adopted daughter with Mia Farrow. His son Ronan Farrow is a good looking genius though

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2014 12:27 PM | Show all posts
skrg ni tgh hot news ni kat media barat. nanti I update kalau ada perkembangan terbaru.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-2-2014 02:05 PM | Show all posts
ade aku kesah..lagipun filem2 atuk neh boring yg amat.lagi2 kalau atuk tu sendiri berlakontak paham kenapa pelakon2  hollywood ber lumba2 nak sgt berlakon bawah arahan dia

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2014 06:38 PM | Show all posts
dasyatttt...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-2-2014 06:43 PM | Show all posts
memento_mori posted on 4-2-2014 12:18 PM
Tak kenal nak juga open thread tentang Woody Allen

Woody Allen is a filmmaker, quite a  ...

yup2..gituww la.. x kenal pun nak bukak...haha....

yg kenal pun x tau..sgt psl woody allen nampaknye..

ok ramai yg kata soon yi wife die skrg..tu
adopted daughter previous marriage die dgn Mia Farrow...

haha..thats not true..
tu anak angkat Mia Farrow..lepas die dh divorce dgn Woody Allen..
so Soon Yi tu bukan adopted daughter Woody Allen..

it makes a lot of difference..ya...baru google tadi..uhuhuh...

Woody Allen's lawyer blames 'vengeful lover' for child molestation controversy

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Renewed accusations that Woody Allen molested an adopted daughter two decades ago were "engineered by a vengeful lover," the filmmaker's lawyer told CNN on Monday.
The allegations were "fully vetted and rejected by independent authorities," Allen attorney Elkan Abramowitz said in a written statement.
The controversy dates back to 1992 after the revelation that Allen, then 56, was having an affair with Soon-Yi Previn, Mia Farrow's 19-year-old adopted daughter with composer Andre Previn. Allen and Previn married five years later.
Allen's legal and public relations teams scrambled to respond to an open letter written by Dylan Farrow and published by The New York Times on Saturday recounting her allegation that Allen sexually assaulted her when she was a child.

"What's your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house," Farrow wrote. "He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother's electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me."

When Mia Farrow's 12-year relationship with Allen ended two decades ago, the actress accused him of molesting Dylan, one of two children she had adopted with Allen. The charge triggered a child custody battle, with Allen going to court to get both adopted children and Satchel, their biological son, who now goes by Ronan Farrow. But a police investigation of the allegations ended without charges against Allen.
"A team of investigators from Yale-New Haven Hospital that was retained by the Connecticut State Police subsequently concluded Dylan had not been abused," according to an account in the Times, which covered the custody proceedings.

Acting Justice Elliott Wilk of New York's State Supreme Court "said it was unlikely that Mr. Allen could be prosecuted for sexual abuse based on the evidence," the newspaper reported. "But while a team of experts concluded that Dylan was not abused, the judge said he found the evidence inconclusive."

A former prosecutor who decided against pressing charges in the case declined to comment on the details in Dylan Farrow's letter Sunday.
"As a prosecutor I really can't comment on the substance of the statement of this now young woman. As a father of a child not too much older than this young woman, I can only say I hope she finds some peace and solace in the way she's expressing herself," former Connecticut State's Attorney Frank Maco said. "I hope she had access to my written statement of decision. My statement is as valid today as it was 20 years ago."

In 1993, Maco -- who's since retired -- told reporters he believed there was probable cause to arrest Allen. But he said he decided not to press charges, with Mia Farrow's support, "rather than exposing the child to possible harm."

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2014 09:24 PM | Show all posts
manjalara_01 posted on 4-2-2014 06:43 PM
yup2..gituww la.. x kenal pun nak bukak...haha....

yg kenal pun x tau..sgt psl woody allen namp ...

1. Bila masa pula Woody Allen & Mia kahwin? Diorg bersedudukan mcm NG & Brad kalau tak silap aku.
2. Soon Yi ank angkat Mia & Previn .... selepas diorg bercerai ... Mia bercinta dengan woody Allen ... jd waktu Mia bersama Woody ... Soon Yi adalah ank angkat Mia ... umurnya ketika tu lebih kurang 9 tahun ... sebab tu ramai yg tak senang bila dengar woody .kahwin dengan Soon Yi ..

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2014 09:37 PM | Show all posts
kontang posted on 4-2-2014 09:24 PM
1. Bila masa pula Woody Allen & Mia kahwin? Diorg bersedudukan mcm NG & Brad kalau tak silap aku.

betul tu.mia ngan woody tkpenah kawen.maybe sbb relationship diorg antara paling lama ,ade  yg ingat diorg kawen.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2014 10:58 AM | Show all posts
tapi kan mia pernah jumpa gambar2 bogel soonyi yg woody ambil.
she was still a minor at that time.
so i mcm percaya dgn allegation ini

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-2-2014 11:19 AM | Show all posts
smeetasmitten posted on 5-2-2014 10:58 AM
tapi kan mia pernah jumpa gambar2 bogel soonyi yg woody ambil.
she was still a minor at that time.

tu la..i pun ade bc..psl gambar nude tu..
omg!...something so wrong...

sbb tu ke mia cerai dgn woody??...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-2-2014 11:23 AM | Show all posts
alesandra posted on 4-2-2014 09:37 PM
betul tu.mia ngan woody tkpenah kawen.maybe sbb relationship diorg antara paling lama ,ade  yg ing ...

ya ampun...
ok so die org x pernah kawin..

but its still disturbing..
yg psl gambar2 vogel tu..
please don't tell me its for art sake??...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-2-2014 12:45 PM | Show all posts
eh..u allz ni..
Mia & Woody kawin la dulu..
tp cerai..cause of the gambar2 nude tu...rasanye..

info menarik..

Burning Question: Why Are So Many Actors Willing to Work With Woody Allen?

Why are so many actors willing to work with Woody Allen while abuse allegations continue from family members?

Since when does Hollywood care about allegations? Heck, many of them don’t even care about all-out convictions; stars such as Ewan McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, and Kim Cattrall have had no problem working with court-certified sex abuser Roman Polanski. I can't even count how many musicians have lined up to work with Chris Brown since he admitted to assaulting Rihanna.

So now that Woody Allen's adopted daughter, Dylan Farrow, is saying — on the New York Times' website, mind you — that the film auteur "sexually assaulted me," will that act as a deterrent to actors who would otherwise clamor to be in one of his films? Probably not. (Incidentally, through a spokesperson, Allen called Farrow's open letter "untrue and disgraceful." The charges of abuse first came to light during divorce hearings between Allen and Mia Farrow in 1992.)

Yes: In Hollywood, reputation, and the reputations of one's co-workers, is important. But it's not nearly as important as, say, going to the Oscars, or reinventing oneself as a serious thespian, or getting the opportunity to share a frame with the biggest actors on the planet.

Here's why:
1. Allen grants actors immortality. It's no small matter that Allen does not suck as a director. Film historians know this. Film schools know this. Actors who want their work remembered for longer than eight seconds know this, and therefore gravitate toward directors whose projects stand the test of time.

One such great director is Martin Scorsese, whose godlike reputation spurred "The Wolf of Wall Street" actor Jonah Hill to take a tiny salary just to work with him.

Allen, for better or worse, is another; you may believe what Dylan Farrow has said about her father, or you may not, but if you haven’t seen "Annie Hall," you’re not a student of film.

"If you do a good job in a Woody Allen movie, people are going to take you seriously," says a friend of an actor who worked with Allen multiple times. "The business doesn't take anything Woody does lightly. He's treated as if he were the second coming in the artsy world."

[Related: Woody Allen's allies cast doubt on abuse claims]

2. Conveniently for Hollywood, Allen has never been convicted. That allows actors such as Cate Blanchett and Alec Baldwin to file the Allen accusations under "Matters, Private" instead of "Matters, Public" and wash their hands of the whole issue.

"It's obviously been a long and painful situation for the family and I hope they find some sort of resolution and peace," Blanchett told blogger Jeffrey Wells.

And Alec Baldwin has expressed similar sentiment on Twitter.

"What the f&@% is wrong w u that u think we all need to b commenting on this family's personal struggle?" he told one fan. "You are mistaken if you think there is a place for me, or any outsider, in this family's issue."

Last edited by manjalara_01 on 5-2-2014 12:51 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-2-2014 12:50 PM | Show all posts
3. Hollywood. Walk onto any major film set, and I guarantee you’ll be standing within 20 feet of a genuine creep — someone who is verbally abusive (or worse); someone with reprehensible habits in the bedroom, boardroom or bathroom; someone who has committed crimes and had them swept under a deep carpet crafted out of threat letters from lawyers and publicists; someone whose entourage is so obnoxious it needs to be collectively lit on fire. Successful actors know this. And — right or wrong — most see no reason to blow off one director when there are dozens of others who have VIP booths in hell waiting for them.

In other words, says my insider, "I don’t know what Woody Allen did or didn't do, but he is not the first person to do or not do it."

4. Awards. Awards. Awards.
Allen has been nominated 24 times for Academy Awards. And while he may like to blow off the Oscars, his talent doesn't. In fact, his talent tends to win. It's well known that Penelope Cruz did some of the best work of her career in "Vicky Christina Barcelona," a role that won her a little golden bald man of her own. Diane Keaton owes her Oscar to "Annie Hall." Ditto with Dianne Weist's two Oscars ("Hannah and her Sisters" and "Bullets Over Broadway") and Mira Sorvino's first and only ("Mighty Aphrodite").

So if Allen comes calling, the friend of Allen's cast member tells me, "actors are thinking, 'It's Woody Motherf---ing Allen and I'm going to get an Oscar."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 5-2-2014 12:55 PM | Show all posts
in my opinion...

dlm mana2 industri pun..x kira..hiburan ke..makanan ke..perubatan ke...
mesti ade org yg x brape nak betul...

bezanye..same ade big fish or small fish..

kalau yg takat small fish ni..lebih kurang mcm kes

youtube KFC...yg tukang goreng ayam tu kasi sapu ayam pd tapak kasut..
lepas tu gelak2..& goreng...uhuhuhuh

lagi 1 kes..kat hospital mana baru2 ni...
die org suspect org dlm yg pasang kamera2..dlm bilik air kakitangan wanita..
kat hospital tuh!!!....

P/S:...bezanye small fish..bleh jek kena tangkap..masuk lock up..tp big fish ni..xleh..sbb die org dlm kategori "the untouchables"

Last edited by manjalara_01 on 5-2-2014 12:56 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2014 02:34 PM | Show all posts
manjalara_01 posted on 5-2-2014 12:45 PM
eh..u allz ni..
Mia & Woody kawin la dulu..
tp cerai..cause of the gambar2 nude tu...rasanye..

tak kahwin  ... itu bukan divorce hearing .. tp custody ... woody & mia ada anak bersama ... woody tuntut hak penjagaan anak ...

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2014 07:24 PM | Show all posts
elehhh hollywood....janji takde sentimen anti semitic.apa diorg kesah...menala budak kehapalagipon sapa diorg nak judge moral org lain.yedop

2. Conveniently for Hollywood, Allen has never been convicted. That allows actors such as Cate Blanchett and Alec Baldwin to file the Allen accusations under "Matters, Private" instead of "Matters, Public" and wash their hands of the whole issue.

"It's obviously been a long and painful situation for the family and I hope they find some sort of resolution and peace," Blanchett told blogger Jeffrey Wells.

And Alec Baldwin has expressed similar sentiment on Twitter.

"What the f&@% is wrong w u that u think we all need to b commenting on this family's personal struggle?" he told one fan. "You are mistaken if you think there is a place for me, or any outsider, in this family's issue."
Since when does Hollywood care about allegations? Heck, many of them don’t even care about all-out convictions; stars such as Ewan McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, and Kim Cattrall have had no problem working with court-certified sex abuser Roman Polanski. I can't even count how many musicians have lined up to work with Chris Brown since he admitted to assaulting Rihanna

satu lagi industri neh bonding kuat kut..ingat lagi 2-3taun lepas..writers mogok..seminggu tv takde programl..kes polanski tu yg ramai bagi support termasuklah allen sendiri lebih pada solidarity bukan menyokong paedophilia...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-2-2014 08:36 PM | Show all posts
kontang posted on 5-2-2014 02:34 PM
tak kahwin  ... itu bukan divorce hearing .. tp custody ... woody & mia ada anak bersama ... woody ...

ape kejadah la die org ni..
media..pun x bleh harap nak bg info yg betul..

u korek info u kat mana?...uhuhuuh...

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

18-5-2024 10:10 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.081121 second(s), 45 queries .