CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3732|Reply: 13

Google Maps Has Been Tracking Your Every Move, And There’s A Website To Prove

Close [Copy link]
Post time 18-8-2014 09:29 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Google Maps Has Been Tracking Your Every Move, And There’s A Website To Prove It
By Elizabeth Flux 15/8/14391 1867312

[url=]Share[color=rgb(102, 102, 102) !important]239K[/url][url=]Tweet[color=rgb(102, 102, 102) !important]1.7K[/url][url=]Reddit[color=rgb(102, 102, 102) !important]42[/url][url=][color=rgb(0, 0, 0) !important]Share[color=rgb(102, 102, 102) !important]243K[/url][url=]Email[color=rgb(102, 102, 102) !important]569[/url]

For more stories like this, Like Junkee on Facebook.
Remember that scene in Minority Report, where Tom Cruise is on the run from the law, but is unable to avoid detection because everywhere he goes there are constant retina scans feeding his location back to a central database? That’s tomorrow. Today, Google is tracking wherever your smartphone goes, and putting a neat red dot on a map to mark the occasion.
You can find that map here. All you need to do is log in with the same account you use on your phone, and the record of everywhere you’ve been for the last day to month will erupt across your screen like chicken pox.
We all know that no matter what ‘privacy’ settings you may try and implement, our information is all being collected and stored somewhere. That knowledge sits in the back of our minds, and is easy to drown out by shoving in some headphones and watching Adventure Time on repeat until everything stops being 1984.  But it’s a sharp jolt back to reality when you see a two dimensional image marking your daily commute with occasional detours to the cinema or a friend’s house.
Looking at mine, I realised that a) I live my life in a very small radius, and b) there are places on my map that I don’t remember going. One of them I’ve apparently visited three times on different days. Once whilst “Biking” and twice while “Stationary”. All at times I wouldn’t usually be awake. I’m not sure what’s happening on Wood Street in North Melbourne, or why my phone apparently travels there without me, but I’m not going to rule out secret alien conspiracies.
This never happened. UNLESS IT DID.

Apparently this record only happens if you have ‘location services’ switched on in your phone; if you do and you’re finding you have no data, then it means that either you don’t exist or you’ve beaten the system. If it’s the latter, please teach me your ways; I know for a fact that I switched my phone’s location detection off, but apparently it somehow got switched back on.
Oh well. Perhaps this month I’ll take some inspiration from the runner who used Nike+ draw dicks – except this time when the dots are joined, they’ll just form a huge, unblinking eye. With occasional side trips to Wood Street.
For more stories like this, Like Junkee on Facebook.
-
Get creeped out by logging in here. And turn  (h/t: Business Insider.)
-
Elizabeth is the editor of Voiceworks, and has been published in Film Ink, Metro, The Punch, and Lip Magazine. She tweets terrible puns @ElizabethFlux.

Read more at http://junkee.com/google-maps-ha ... JBbS4frSdJYBFKRj.99

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-8-2014 09:45 PM | Show all posts
tak ble pooonn..

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2014 11:17 PM | Show all posts
hmmm tak terkejut pon...

Use magic Report

Post time 19-8-2014 07:46 AM | Show all posts
wowwweeee...
habis semua tempat aku pergi dia mark
senang la missile nak hit aku lepas ni

Use magic Report

Post time 19-8-2014 08:37 AM | Show all posts
camni ada hati malaysia nak bperang ngan israel???

Use magic Report

Post time 19-8-2014 09:38 AM | Show all posts
i'm watching you

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 19-8-2014 10:39 AM | Show all posts
Dah tahu lama dah

Use magic Report

Post time 19-8-2014 11:34 AM | Show all posts
muahahahahaha..serabut tgk perjalanan aku yg kaki jalan ni

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-8-2014 01:28 PM | Show all posts
dah share location data ngan google..memang la depa bole track..

Use magic Report

Post time 20-8-2014 08:11 AM | Show all posts
sistem sama guna kat fleet lori/trak/bas expres.....

yang takut  kena tracking ni....playboy, kaki skandal kot...pasal bini boleh track..

Use magic Report

Post time 20-8-2014 02:10 PM | Show all posts
aku boleh track handset Sony Z2 aku

Use magic Report

Post time 20-8-2014 02:44 PM | Show all posts
xheran pon...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-8-2014 04:04 PM | Show all posts
siap ade video eh, sangat detail

Use magic Report

Post time 20-8-2014 07:04 PM | Show all posts
berguna buat istri2 yg risau akan si suami hahha....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 03:36 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062024 second(s), 39 queries .