CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 11302|Reply: 189

[Tempatan] Pendapat Dina Zaman Mengenai Isu I Want To Touch A Dog

[Copy link]
Post time 23-10-2014 07:44 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
CTOBER 22 — My first encounter with one dog was when I was very young, and it was a wolfhound owned by my aunt and her Italian husband, and his name was Arturo. They visited us in our apartment in Moscow, and while my mother screamed blue murder, my father and I were delighted by this happy bundle of fur.

The second dog I encountered was Krocka, owned by the very same couple, and it was a Doberman whose idea of fun was chasing all of us very aggressively around the garden, when we visited them in Italy. Until today, I view Dobermans with great suspicion. The moment I see one, I turn back to where I came from!

But there has always been the presence of dogs in our lives. My uncle, whose late father was the eminent Mufti of Terengganu, speaks fondly of their guard dogs in private moments.

Granted that the dogs were kept to guard their home, and that very fact scandalised the whole state of Terengganu, they had a special place in my uncle’s and his family’s hearts.

In fact, many of my good friends, whose grandfathers were ustazs, kept dogs to guard their homes, and my friends have happy memories of their faithful canine friends.

So it was heartening to observe from afar, the response to Syed Azmi’s I Want To Touch A Dog event that was held last weekend. After all the political peccadilloes we Malaysians had experienced, something positive was happening.

It had the markings of, and is a success: Syed Azmi had the mandate of the state religious authorities and an Ustaz spoke at the event. A thousand Malaysians of all faiths came to support the event. It cannot be denied that the event would be deemed controversial in a more and more religiously regressive Malaysia.

Within 24 hours, the conservatives and Malays who opposed the event, condemned the event and the hapless organiser Syed Azmi.

In some ways, we should be open and positive to the backlash:

One, it opened a debate. The event has created the space for Muslims to discuss and (dis)agree about the hukum of touching and keeping dogs as pets.

Two: Many Muslims, hijabbed or not, are creating their own boundaries, and this is forcing the ulamas to deal with the very situation that they (Muslim Malaysians) will not be cowed by fatwas and want to discover their faith on their own terms.

Three: This event has also opened a Pandora’s Box on mazhabs – Muslims in Malaysia follow the Shafie’ rule of Islam. But does this mean that the other Mazhabs are lesser in their teachings?  The question now (among many Muslims) is about whether Muslims can follow other Mazhabs instead of Shafie? After all, we Muslims must follow the Quran and Sunnah – the mazhabs are Islamic schools of jurisprudence.

While the three points above are being debated on, there is one thing that does not sit well with me.

The vitriol heaped onto the poor organiser and his family, the Ustaz who came to talk about Islam and dogs. How come this anger cannot be demonstrated towards social ills such as poverty, substance abuse, the plight of Muslim refugees in Malaysia?

I always refer to the Quran during times of grief, and this is one of the verses I turn to: Allah SWT says: “O you, who believe, avoid much suspicion, for some suspicion is a sin. Neither spy on one another, nor backbite one another. Would one of you love to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, you would detest it, [so similarly, avoid backbiting]. And fear Allah. Indeed, Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Al-Hujurat, 49:12]

How can these Facebook mullahs accuse Syed Azmi of being a Christian? How dare they heap fitnah on other Muslim Malaysians. None of us are perfect, and each one of us has our own religious journey.

As someone who has been much maligned in this country, I have the following advice for Syed Azmi:

·         Don’t read anything or listen to anything about you or the event.
        ·         Do not fall prey to individuals or organisations who may use your position to strengthen their cause, but weaken your stance.
        ·         You can do these: be with very good friends and know that you did what you felt was right. These histrionics assume that they have a place in Syurga, but they are not Allah. They just think they are.
        ·         And since they have damned you (and many others) to hell, say this: I’ll see you there too.
        ·         Lastly, the more crap you receive, the more pahala you will get. Remember, number one is Allah. Not them.
- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.co ... thash.R1LWyE6q.dpuf Last edited by GhostWalking on 22-10-2014 11:52 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-10-2014 07:47 AM | Show all posts
aku nk buat i want to touch a pig event, rasa-rasa ada org join tak?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 07:48 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Wa tetap benci anjing

Btw sapa dina azman ni??

Wa benci dina azman..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 07:53 AM | Show all posts
baguslah dia refer pada Quran ...satu sumber hukum.

hmm daripada baca dia baik baca Ian Sample , ada lagi manfaat dan iktibar dan belaajr sesuatu.

Last edited by mbhcsf on 23-10-2014 07:56 AM

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 07:56 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Who the fark is she? Islamic scholar?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 07:58 AM | Show all posts
lavagunting posted on 23-10-2014 07:48 AM
Wa tetap benci anjing

Btw sapa dina azman ni??

ntah....nama pun dah mcm dekat2 zina dah....

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-10-2014 07:58 AM | Show all posts
Seorang manusia yg considerate. Good job Dina Zaman.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 07:59 AM | Show all posts
nalis posted on 23-10-2014 07:56 AM

liberal muslim..who eventually will become murtad

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-10-2014 08:01 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Modngengade posted on 23-10-2014 07:58 AM
ntah....nama pun dah mcm dekat2 zina dah....

Wa benci segala benda yg mendekatkan pada zina..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 08:03 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
lavagunting posted on 23-10-2014 07:48 AM
Wa tetap benci anjing

Btw sapa dina azman ni??

Aku kenal Dina yg menang malaysian idol tu je...suara dia best.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 08:04 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Modngengade posted on 23-10-2014 07:59 AM
liberal muslim..who eventually will become murtad

Mat sabu mesti suka dia ni

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 08:05 AM | Show all posts
        In fact, many of my good friends, whose grandfathers were ustazs, kept dogs to guard their homes, and my friends have happy memories of their faithful canine friends.

chihuahua n pom tak boleh nk jadi guard kt rumah.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 08:05 AM | Show all posts
nalis posted on 23-10-2014 07:56 AM

I guess....well, as mentioned -  the one who turns to Quran at the time of grief...tu dia dah tulis kat article kat  atas. boleh rujuk.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 08:06 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I want to touch a tahi tak mau buat ke?

Ok gak tu..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 08:07 AM | Show all posts
nalis posted on 23-10-2014 08:04 AM
Mat sabu mesti suka dia ni

mat sabu ker mat sapu.....dia sapu semua

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 08:07 AM | Show all posts
Dina Zaman (born 1969, Kuala Lumpur) is a Malaysian writer whose works have been published in the media
She studied mass cummunication and creative writing at Western Michigan University and Lancaster University respectively.[1] In 2007 a collection of her columns for the online newspaper Malaysiakini.com was published in book form as I am Muslim.[2]

She has recently published a collection of short stories, titled, 'King of The Sea' (Silverfish Books, 2012).

She is now working on her second non-fiction book, Holy Men, Holy Women. The work in progress is serialised in The Malaysian Insider. The book seeks and will showcase people of faiths in Malaysia.

Dina Zaman has extensive experience in public relations and the media industry, as a consultant as well as personality. She has worked on campaigns and events, and worked over the years as a volunteer for NGOs.

She is also an award-winning writer of non-fiction, fiction and poetry. She has had media presence locally and abroad as a columnist since 1994 and commentator of current affairs since 2005. She has been quoted in the BBC and interviewed on Everywoman, a women’s programme on Al Jazeera. She has helmed three columns: Off Our Backs (The Sun, Malaysia in 1995), Dina’s Dalca (New Straits Time, 1996 to 1998) and I Am Muslim (www.malaysiakini.com, 2005 to 2006), which is now a book published by Silverfish Books. Her book is now a bestseller at Borders and Kinokuniya bookstores. Her latest book, King of The Sea, is longlisted for the Frank O’Connor Short Story Award. She contributes to The Malaysian Insider and The Star. She writes on religion, society and lifestyle issues, and is known to inject ‘a sense of humour’ in her writing.

She is a recent recipient of the API Senior Fellowship and will be based in Jogjakarta and Thailand by the end of 2012. She was also the recipient of the British High Commissioner Chevening Award in 1998 and came home to Malaysia in 1999 with an MA in Creative Writing from Lancaster University.

sumber : wiki

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-10-2014 08:07 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
jazaa posted on 23-10-2014 08:03 AM
Aku kenal Dina yg menang malaysian idol tu je...suara dia best.

Yg tu gumuk kan?

Wa benci orang gumuk..pelahap nak mampos..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 08:09 AM | Show all posts
alinone78 posted on 23-10-2014 08:07 AM
Dina Zaman (born 1969, Kuala Lumpur) is a Malaysian writer whose works have been published in the me ...

jelas lah she has done more dr mulayu PPRT yg try to discredit her kat sini.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 08:10 AM | Show all posts

Dina Zaman
Photograph: The Malaysian Insider

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2014 08:11 AM | Show all posts
tak mampu nak kata per...senyum jer la

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 05:41 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.457898 second(s), 47 queries .