CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 17592|Reply: 122

usher retis hollywood pun dengar Yuna. Kau mampu?

[Copy link]
Post time 14-11-2014 01:22 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

While Usher was performing a stripped-down version of his 2010 hit “Without You” for 250 very lucky area kids, a group of middle-school girls were having a full-on Beatles-on–Ed Sullivan freakout. We were in the Scholastic Building in Soho, where the 36-year-old crooner was recording a live webcast to promote the company’s new literacy initiative, “Open a World of Possible.” When Usher sang (and when he read from the children’s book If Kids Ruled the World), the room was transfixed. A few rows behind those shrieking girls, an annoying-concertgoer-in-training was dutifully recording the performance on his upraised iPad. A girl to my left, eyes agape, held her head in her hands for the entire duration of the song. Kids this age are brutally honest about who is cool and who is over, and to be fair, one pouty rebel (I saw you) did visibly refuse to give Usher a standing ovation. But all in all, an impressive 249 out of 250 middle-schoolers agree: Usher is still a very, very big deal.

It’s staggering just how long this has been true. In the fickle world of pop, Usher has been a consistent presence on the charts for almost two decades. He broke out in 1997 with the slick R&B pop album My Way; now a new generation knows him as the guy in the raccoon hat on The Voice and the singer behindGeneration Auto-Tune hits like “OMG” (a clear fan favorite in the Scholastic audience). What’s the secret to Usher’s continued relevance? He’s never afraid of the kids coming up from behind — whether that means dabbling in emerging genres, mentoring promising upstarts like Justin Bieber, or working with unexpected collaborators. His last album, 2012’s Looking 4 Myself, was in many ways his most forward-thinking yet, highlighted by the great, Diplo-produced cyborg slow-jam “Climax.”

Usher just kicked off his UR Experience Tour, which comes to Madison Square Garden tonight. Initially, the tour was supposed to be in support of his eighth album, UR, but as he explains below, he’s chosen instead to postpone the album’s release, take his time with new material, and shift the concert’s focus to his stacked back catalogue. Coming from most other artists, this explanation would seem like PR damage control; coming from Usher, it seems entirely reasonable. “I found myself feeling pressure to rush it and put out an album,” he says. “And all of a sudden, I just realized: I’ve been doing this long enough to really get it right.” Let the man take it nice and slow.  

That was cool, right?

The Scholastic Reading Tour? [Laughs.] That would be fun! You know, it’s actually being in rooms with kids that really gives them the idea that what you’re saying is true. They’re not foolish. They understand, Okay, my teacher wants me to read. I gotta learn my lesson. I have to get a good grade. But it’s different when you, as an entertainer, use your life to show them, “No, actually, it’s cool to read. It’s fun.” And also as a father, I look at them and I see my own babies.

Anything Scooby-Doo. I’ve also really come to appreciate those books with the pen…Leap Frog! And spooky kid stuff. They love scary books.

They’re just getting to that age where they’re bringing me books that they want to read, as opposed to me just reading to them. When they were 2 or 3, I could use my imagination to tell them a story, but now, to see their imagination come off the page, or they get inspired by something and they go in the corner and look at the pictures…that right there is the exciting part.

They’re developing their personalities through what they read. They’re so imaginative. Especially Naviyd, more than Usher. [Laughs.] Oh my God, he has such an active imagination.

I try to squeeze in a session here and there, but for the most part, right now I’m focused on the tour. I won’t be finished [with the album] until the top of the year. I’ll be finished when it’s out. It’s one of those type of deals for me. You just keep working until you make the connection in a way that you’re telling a story that’s significant to people. That’s the one thing I’m really focused on. I don’t know if it’s just my age, or the things that I’ve been listening to…I like to have fun, don’t get me wrong. There’s a ton of fun songs I’ve been putting out. But also, too, the other side. I’m the type of artist who enjoys making a full album as opposed to just making a single.

I don’t think it’s a dying art. There’s still people who create that way. I just don’t think it’s as significant as it used to be. Things on the internet kind of run the mill. Today’s it’s this flavor, then the next day onto the next thing, but when you find something that starts a conversation and engages a conversation, and people can hold onto it, and it’s more than just a song…then you’ve got something.

So there’s still no release date?
Nope.

I found myself feeling pressure to rush it and put out an album, and all of a sudden, I just realized: I’ve been doing this long enough to really get it right. So on my eighth studio album, I thought it would be better for me to go out [on tour], feel my audience, reconnect, take some of that, and then go back and finish it up.

It’s great that in this time, she was able to do something that would give you something else — more than just a hit record. She created a complete visual album. That was a pretty cool idea! I also want to create something that’s going to put people in motion and tie them to all of who I am.

There’s a pressure to cross-market and make sure that all the avenues through which you can reach a consumer make a connection. Musically, emotionally, branding, all of those things together, that’s what makes you significant in this time.

I’ve been listening to an artist by the name of Yuna. Really excited about her.

The one I left out was Sean Connery. Imagine having Sean Connery in your book club.

Hearing him read is incredible. And Scarlet Johansson? Her reading voice is incredible.

Yeah.

Fifty Shades of Grey. [Laughs.] That may be a little inappropriate for this setting. But yeah, I don’t know, there are so many great books out there.

That would be a good one for Sean Connery.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-11-2014 01:32 AM | Show all posts
hanya afifi rosli yang mampu

weols akur

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 01:43 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ct mampoo?? Ajak sean kingston pun masih x mampoo

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 01:46 AM | Show all posts
CrowneGlory posted on 14-11-2014 01:43 AM

ct pernah bersua muka dgn sean kingston

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 01:55 AM | Show all posts
CrowneGlory posted on 14-11-2014 01:43 AM

yg penting siti pernah duduk sebelah Aishwarya Rai..

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 01:57 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
sepitsiput posted on 14-11-2014 01:46 AM
ct pernah bersua muka dgn sean kingston

Mmg pernah jumpa ..i mean tembus pasaran us.. Tu yg collaborate dgn sean & few other kot? Tp masih mampu tembus sana..

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-11-2014 02:00 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
RatuDunia94 posted on 14-11-2014 01:55 AM
yg penting siti pernah duduk sebelah Aishwarya Rai..

Ashu buat apa.. Kasi ddk sebelah apak mertua dia la belacan tu

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 02:02 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yunalis dato mat zara'ai in her own class..nko rase2? Usher ft yuna coming soon kah? Or pittbull ft Ac yg xcukup 1mill like tu?well $$ can't buy a cla$$ hokeh...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-11-2014 02:07 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
CrowneGlory posted on 13-11-2014 05:43 PM

Ala uolss pon..ilek2 sudah, xyah nak banding2 sgt. Rezeki memasing Allah yg tentukan. Bawak2 mengucap..

Meols mood ustajahan ;p  muahciked

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 02:12 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
mir_rae posted on 14-11-2014 02:07 AM
Ala uolss pon..ilek2 sudah, xyah nak banding2 sgt. Rezeki memasing Allah yg tentukan. Bawak2 mengu ...

dah tajuk thread pun kau mampu..harusla ada perbandingan..moralnya ni forum suka hati ler nak komen..unless ko bayar duit wifi aku.. Mood setajah ke tidak ..kesahhh..

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 02:16 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
CrowneGlory posted on 13-11-2014 06:12 PM
dah tajuk thread pun kau mampu..harusla ada perbandingan..moralnya ni forum suka hati ler nak kom ...

Uishooo.. memlm ni berapi2 plak hakak oii.. terjuih2 mulut tu haaa.  takut iolss.

Larikkkkkk...

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 02:19 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
mir_rae posted on 14-11-2014 02:16 AM
Uishooo.. memlm ni berapi2 plak hakak oii.. terjuih2 mulut tu haaa.  takut iolss.

Larikkkkkk.. ...

Mmg la releks.. Ko yg berapi2 ko tgh baca.. Baca forum ni ikut mood..kalau mood mcm lahanat jd la bacaan tu mcm tu.. Kalau baca dlm mood tenang ..xde la jd berapi2.. Selayaknyala takut sbb bodoh sgt..kahkahkah

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 02:26 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
j3m4h posted on 14-11-2014 02:02 AM
Yunalis dato mat zara'ai in her own class..nko rase2? Usher ft yuna coming soon kah? Or pittbull ft  ...

Ko jgn tetiba reach 1 mil like... Meletop2 AC kat us .. Pindah sana datin tinted satu famili.. #keepdreaming

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 02:28 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
CrowneGlory posted on 13-11-2014 06:19 PM
Mmg la releks.. Ko yg berapi2 ko tgh baca.. Baca forum ni ikut mood..kalau mood mcm lahanat jd la  ...

Aiyo aunty. Iols Usik2 ckit pon kemain tejuih bibir tu. Hihihi. Mntk hampun mntk mahap naa..  

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 02:32 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
mir_rae posted on 14-11-2014 02:28 AM
Aiyo aunty. Iols Usik2 ckit pon kemain tejuih bibir tu. Hihihi. Mntk hampun mntk mahap naa..

Kesian ko ni... Laki xde ke..gersang malam Jumaat.. Sibuk nakkan perhatian aku... Sori g la cari mana2 mat rempit yg rela rogol ko.. Ai nak tido..

bawak2 mengucap.. Baca 3 qul...istifar banyak2 ..

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 02:49 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
CrowneGlory posted on 14-11-2014 02:26 AM
Ko jgn tetiba reach 1 mil like... Meletop2 AC kat us .. Pindah sana datin tinted satu famili.. #ke ...

Lucu banget deh komentar kamu..paranoid gue bace..#acmampoomimpije..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-11-2014 03:09 AM | Show all posts
mati mati ummi ingatkan usherer

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 03:49 AM | Show all posts
tiket secret show yuna sold out.ko mampu?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 05:52 AM | Show all posts
boleh bagi link nya tak....akk tau usher pernah jumpe yuna..ada gambar depa berdua kat ig yuna...

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2014 06:03 AM | Show all posts
Celine Dion kan minat siti?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

23-5-2024 05:13 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.332149 second(s), 51 queries .