CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1680|Reply: 0

Convert Sony EX3 MP4 to DNxHD for working with Avid MC 5/6/7

[Copy link]
Post time 26-1-2015 03:42 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
If you ask me how to import our Sony EX3 MP4 files to Avid Media Composer 5/6/7 for editing, please read the following article.

After shooting videos with Sony PMW-EX3, how to do the post editing to those MP4 videos on Avid Media Composer or other editors is really a headache for many users. Many users are facing the troubles when importing Sony EX3 MP4 to Avid Media Composer:

“I recently shot a short film on a Sony PMW-EX3. The camera provided me with MPEG-2 codec MP4 files. What I want is to do simple straight cut editing. But I find Avid Media Composer won’t support Sony EX3 MP4 files. Any ideas?”

Well, Sony XDCAM EX camcorders including Sony EX1, EX1R, EX3 usually record MPEG-2 codec MP4 format video, which is not good for editing in Avid Media Composer. To avoid these problems, the easy workaround is to transcode PXW-EX3 MP4 footage to DNxHD .mov, which is natively supported by Avid.  

To get the work done, you can take Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac, which is one the best Sony XDCAM video converter tool for you. The program comes with several optimized format for Avid Media Composer as well FCP, iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro. It enables you to convert MP4 files from Sony EX3 to DNxHD for using in Avid MC directly without any problems. If you wanna edit Sony EX3 MP4 video in Windows, please turn to Video Converter. Below is how.  

Tutorial: Converting Sony PXW-EX3 MP4 to Avid Media Composer

1. Launch the MP4 file converter and click "Add File" button to locate the MP4 clips you want to add.  

Tip: Check the “Merge into one file” box, you can join several video clips together if necessary.

2. Click “Format” bar to choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNXHD (*.mov), this format is best preset for Avid Media Composer editing.

Tip: Before start the conversion, you can:

a. Settings- click to set video resolution(1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate(from 1Mbps to 20Mbps), frame rate (24p/30p)

b. Editor (next to “Add” icon)- click to trim, crop, add watermark, insert subtitles, etc.

3. Click convert button in the main interface to start transcoding Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 to DNxHD .mov.

After the conversion, you can easily transfer and edit Sony PMW-EX3 footage in Avid MC 5/6/6.5/7 smoothly.

Additional Tips:

This Sony XDCAM MP4 Converter Mac can also help you to XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX files to FCP, iMovie, FCE, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc. If you want to edit Sony XDCAM files in Final Cut Pro, please choose the "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output in the second step; for iMovie and FCE, select "iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)"; For Premiere Pro, choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as output.

Related posts:
Top fixes for MKV and iTunes on Mac OS X
Using Canon H.264 MOV files in Premiere Pro
How to Convert DVD ISO to MP4 on Mac OS X
Importing DivX(AVI) into Windows Movie Maker
Make DivX/Xvid files work in Premiere Pro CC/CS6
Importing and editing XviD in Windows Movie Maker
How to transfer Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 to FCP X
Make Canon Full HD MXF Accepted by Avid Media Composer
Editing Sony PMW-300 50Mbps MXF/XAVC videos with Avid MC
Source: Importing Sony EX3 MP4 files to Avid Media Composer

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 08:49 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.138057 second(s), 26 queries .