View: 25460|Reply: 204

[Tempatan] Jho Low Strikes Back - Orang lain dapat beliyon2

[Copy link]
Post time 14-4-2015 02:16 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by freebird at 14-4-2015 02:28 PM
APRIL 14, 2015, 1:30 PM
Look to 1MDB shareholders, not me, says Jho Low
BY KINIBIZ
Jho Low 1MDBBusinessman Low Taek Jho or Jho Low feels it is time the spotlight on controversial state-owned company 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) be shined on those in charge of it instead of him.

In an interview with Euromoney magazine, Jho Low said the time has come for him to defend himself against critics who continue to link him to troubled 1MDB, an onslaught that is frustrating him.

“I’ve never faced this kind of attack from all directions,” said Jho Low to Euromoney. “It is just crazy, and these UMNO guys are spinmasters, they know all this sort of nonsense.”

The Penang-born tycoon had previously been cast under the spotlight concerning 1MDB’s troubles for his reportedly close relationship to prime minister Najib Abdul Razak’s family.

More recently independent website Sarawak Report alleged Jho Low as being the guiding hand in many of 1MDB’s dealings, unearthing information in a series of exposes including email transcripts involving Jho Low and 1MDB officials.

Reiterating that he neither runs nor controls 1MDB, Jho Low said during the March 6, 2015 interview that the criticism had not asked the question of who ultimately calls the shots at 1MDB.

“All these guys go round and round and round and I say: ‘Guys, it’s very simple, there’s a board, who’s the shareholder?’ Have you ever seen one statement from anyone that talks about the simple governance of a company?” said Jho Low to Euromoney.

At present 1MDB’s senior management is helmed by newly minted president and chief executive officer Arul Kanda Kandasamy, who joined in January this year. The 1MDB board of directors is helmed by chairman Lodin Wok Kamaruddin.

However Jho Low did not explicitly deny his involvement in the formation of 1MDB’s short-lived joint venture with Petrosaudi International in 2009, nor did Euromoney follow-up on the published email transcripts which were leaked after the interview.

Jho Low demonised?

In the interview, Jho Low lamented that his critics had not seemed to ask the question on who is the ultimate decision-maker in 1MDB, touching on the issue of the shareholder’s role.

1MDB’s sole shareholder at present is the Ministry of Finance. Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak, who is also Finance Minister, chairs the advisory board of 1MDB.

“Are you telling me the prime minister doesn’t make his own decisions? That the ministry, the minister of finance, who is the prime minister – and there are only two to three people in the finance ministry that sign off on shareholder resolutions under law – that none of them…that they just signed without evaluating it?” said Jho Low.

Saying that the assault against him had gotten to a ridiculous point, Jho Low claims that he is being demonised for being young and having made a lot of money rapidly, even suggesting that he is also in the crosshairs as a Chinese Malaysian getting involved in what is seen as the preserve of Malay business elites.

“There are all these guys with their arrows out on me,” said Jho Low. “There seems to be a very, very coordinated attempt to say: ‘This young Chinaman, it’s all his fault, he caused the failure of 1MDB and apparently he advised the prime minister and everything is screwed up now’.”

“Did the people supposed (sic) to be responsible for decision-making (at 1MDB) suddenly decide to absolve all their responsibilities and then create this PR campaign with me as the focus of it?” said Jho Low further.

The businessman added that he does not fear arrests on returning to Malaysia in response to calls for his prosecution, saying instead that his biggest concern is “people fabricating documents”.

’Crazy perception’

Years of silence had created a “crazy perception” when he had “done nothing wrong”, said Jho Low, lamenting that no one in Malaysia is interested in hearing him out.

“Then we try to get out of this perception and they launch a gazillion rounds of attack in a very systematic manner,” said Jho Low to Euromoney.

“There are so many other people who get away with ridiculous billions and billions and billions worth of projects,” said Jho Low further. “But every single time there seems to be a political attack, wow, suddenly Jho is there again.”

In the interview Jho Low remarked on his good relationship with Abu Dhabi, saying they would consequently approach him for potential partnership in many ventures. “In the Malaysian case, we always say no because it’s politically sensitive.”

Jho Low also reiterated that he has no connection to 1MDB, saying to Euromoney that the controversial company had never asked him to advise nor had they paid him a fee to do anything.

“If somebody at 1MDB wants to call me and say: ‘You know, Jho, what’s your view on the Middle East?’ I’ll give them my view on the Middle East,” said Jho Low. “(But) I don’t run 1MDB. I don’t control 1MDB. I don’t decide anything on 1MDB.”

When posed the question on his seemingly good relationship with the prime minister’s wife, Jho Low said the perception stems from his 16-year friendship with the prime minister’s stepson Riza Aziz, a Hollywood filmmaker whom he had known since their English secondary school days.

“I know the stepson well, but I’m not sure I would agree that I am the (prime minister’s) wife’s best friend,” said Jho Low. “At the end of the day, something that was supposed to be a good cause just gets screwed – guess what? – because everyone just wants control of the money.”

“It’s really as simple as that.”

bak kata orang kampung den, there's no honor among thieves...

lamo-lamo, pocah gak rahsio, mana bulih asyik kono kondem sorang2....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-4-2015 02:18 PM | Show all posts
Umno bergasak dengan Jho Low pula

Ketua Pemuda Umno Khairy Jamaluddin mendesak pihak berkuasa menyiasat ahli perniagaan Jho Low, yang baru-baru ini memberitahu majalah perniagaan Euromoney bahawa “orang-orang Umno pakar putar belit”.

Menulis di Twitter, Khairy berkata Pemuda Umno menyokong Perdana Menteri Datuk Seri Najib Razak dan mahu siasatan dibuat terhadap 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) dan Low.

Tweet itu turut memaparkan muka depan The Edge Financial Daily hari ini, yang memetik Low membuat kenyataan sama.

Wawancara itu dijalankan oleh Euromoney untuk keluaran April.

Low memberitahu Euromoney, walaupun 1MDB mendapatkan nasihatnya dalam hal tertentu, beliau tidak mendapat manfaat dan tiada peranan langsung dalam syarikat itu.

Kata-katanya, satu-satunya kaitannya apabila beliau membantu menubuhkan Terengganu Investment Authority (TIA) – sebelum berupah kepada 1MDB.

Low berkata beliau turut menjadi sasaran dalam cubaan mengubah perhatian daripada keputusan teruk dibuat syarikat itu.

“Saya sangat kecewa... Saya tak pernah hadapi serangan sebegini daripada segenap penjuru.

“Ini gila, dan orang Umno ini pakar putar belit, mereka tahu semua ini mengarut,” katanya.

oooh, mau pecah rahsia ye.....
ha, amik ko...

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:20 PM | Show all posts
1MDB’s sole shareholder at present is the Ministry of Finance. Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak, who is also Finance Minister, chairs the advisory board of 1MDB.

“Are you telling me the prime minister doesn’t make his own decisions? That the ministry, the minister of finance, who is the prime minister – and there are only two to three people in the finance ministry that sign off on shareholder resolutions under law – that none of them…that they just signed without evaluating it?” said Jho Low.

make sense...siapa yg ahmad maslan kat sini??

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:21 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Nama sapa dia petik....nama Najib gak...tu la takut sangat sampai nak paksa orang solat hajat bagai...

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:22 PM | Show all posts
Curi lah selagi boleh curi yg kaya pun bukan rakyat , jadi tak apa lah curi lah.
Rakyat satu hari nanti mati kelaparan pun tak apa.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:26 PM | Show all posts
Wowww.......sapowwww yg dapat berbeliyon2 tuh?....

Makin menarik skang kisah2 perompak penyamun perasuah tegar VVIP kat Malaysia nih....
Nak tambah supply popcorn......

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-4-2015 02:30 PM | Show all posts
aku dah lama tepikir menda ni...xkan bengap sgt org2 yg sign simply2 bagi berbeliyon gitu jah....

nak2 sign kene 2 3 signature dr org berbeza..pe bengap xde go through dulu kah b4 ko sign membabi buta...

:yawn:

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:31 PM | Show all posts
harap perompak yg lain dicalit lumpur juga..
bukan cinapek jho low ni aja

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-4-2015 02:31 PM | Show all posts
kecimpret replied at 14-4-2015 02:20 PM
make sense...siapa yg ahmad maslan kat sini??

Kalau ikut artikel tuh, Jho Low  cakap Bijan la si Ahmad Maslan....

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:32 PM | Show all posts
Edited by cabalero at 14-4-2015 02:34 PM

hahaha

Bit by bit lubang mula terbuka

sebelum ni Putrajaya melaporkan bahawa Najib langsung tidak terlibat dalam 1MDB

Najib Does Not Run 1MDB, Putrajaya Tells UK Daily -The Edge Financial Daily, 2 March 2015
but now Jhor Low has revealed everything

Nampaknya sudah pasti salah seorang dari mereka yang berbohong.

Soalnya siapa yang berbohong itu ?

hahahaha

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:32 PM | Show all posts
si jo low ni pun selamba je cakap UMNO kaki PUTAR BELIT
sat gi puak2 umno mulalah tuduh ummah mata sepet gemuk ni racist bagai
mcm dah bleh baca je akal puak2 hamno nih

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:33 PM | Show all posts
EJALTI replied at 14-4-2015 02:26 PM
Wowww.......sapowwww yg dapat berbeliyon2 tuh?....

Makin menarik skang kisah2 perompak pen ...

xabis abis ko dgn popcorn dik
abg tgk drama ni sambil makan nasi campur lauk 7 jenis

heavy duty

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:33 PM | Show all posts
cina kuminis semakin melampau

perkosa jom demo!

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:35 PM | Show all posts
ni ketulahan sapa ni???

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:36 PM | Show all posts
eh sapa yg ckp betul ni? whatever it is someone not telling the truth...

*popcorn karamel pun sgt sedap....

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:37 PM | Show all posts
kikiki...abislah najib....sempat lg hang kalo nak tukar skrip drama" ni....

ok, nx scene please sambil tabur garam...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-4-2015 02:37 PM | Show all posts
hansuangnya mulut jho low nih dekkkk  

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:38 PM | Show all posts
yg berbilion2 tu sebenarnya dah termasuk share di kalangan pak-pak menteri kan..dapat kat apek ni 10 percent je agaknya
tp mcm biasa pak-pak menteri ni bijak bermain wayang nak mengkambing hitamkan si apek ni sorang

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:38 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Dialah chairman 1mdb..dialah pm ...dialah menteri kewangan...dialah yg perlu bnm report to...dialah pengerusi umno...bila orang tegur bertanya pasal hanky panky dlm co tu...terus di kata orang tu nyanyok...paksa anak orang tu sokong...tak ker bodoh pencacai dia

Use magic Report

Post time 14-4-2015 02:38 PM | Show all posts

sole ..ok .. lone ranger gitu

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 07:21 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083828 second(s), 51 queries .