Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1823|Reply: 8

[Jenayah] Court directs MACC to pay Teoh's family RM600,000 in damages

[Copy link]
Post time 12-5-2015 02:30 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Court directs MACC to pay Teoh's family RM600,000 in damages

KUALA LUMPUR A suit brought by the late Teoh Beng Hock's family against the Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission (MACC) and the Government for negligence over the death of Teoh has been settled.

High Court judge Justice Rosnaini Saub on Tuesday INSTRUCTED the defendants to pay RM600,000 in damages after the defendants admitted to negligence RESULTING in Teoh's death.

Justice Rosnaini also instructed the defendants to pay RM60,000 in cost.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 12-5-2015 02:31 PM | Show all posts
nampak sangat MACC selama ni menipu...

Use magic Report

Post time 12-5-2015 02:48 PM | Show all posts
chong’s Member of Parliament Gobind Singh Deo says today the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) agrees to pay RM600,000 to Teoh Beng Hock’s family.
In a statement released today, Gobind said the suit against 10 MACC officers, the MACC and the government had gone on for six long years and despite the agreement on the damages, Teoh’s family still wished to push for those responsible for his death to be charged in accordance with criminal law.
Teoh, a political aide to Selangor executive councillor Ean Yong Hian Wah, was found dead on July 16, 2009 on the fifth floor of Plaza Masalam in Shah Alam following an interrogation by MACC officers on his employer’s alleged abuse of state funds a day earlier.
“Teoh’s family sued them for negligence and assault whilst he was in their custody and subsequently for causing his death.

“The family said in court today that they accept the payment to the extent of the claim for negligence and that they stand by the decision of the Court of Appeal recently and demanded that police conduct further investigations into the matter and charge those persons responsible for his death.
“I think this is a great victory for the Teoh family. After 6 years of legal battles, they now have an acknowledgment by the MACC and government that they are responsible for his death,” stated Gobind who took over the case from his father, the late Karpal Singh.
He said that the onus was now on the police to do what was necessary to ensure that justice is served, while Gobind himself, on behalf of DAP National Legal Bureau, will do his part by pushing for the truth.
Gobind also pointed out that he will not seek any payment despite today’s developments as he had been working pro bono on the case.
“I will not accept payment of any fees from the Teoh family in this regard.
“This was the clear instructions given to me by the late Mr Karpal Singh, in respect of his services in this case before his untimely death last year.”

Use magic Report

Post time 12-5-2015 02:48 PM | Show all posts
The defendants in the suit brought by the family of Teoh Beng Hock today admitted to negligence on their part resulting in his death in 2009.

The defendants agreed to pay the family of Teoh a total of RM600,000 in damages and RM60,000 as costs as a result.

The family of Teoh sued 10 officers of the MACC, the MACC and the government of Malaysia for negligence and assault whilst he was in their custody and subsequently resulting in his death.

The family said in court today that they accept the payment to the extent of the claim for negligence and that they stand by the decision of the Court of Appeal recently and demanded that police conduct further investigations into the matter and charge those persons responsible for his death.

I think this is a great victory for the Teoh family. After 6 years of legal battles, they now have an acknowledgment by the MACC and government that they are responsible for his death.

We will continue to push the police for action in the matter. We have done all we possibly can in the matter legally. It is now for the police to do the needful and we will not stop pushing for justice for Teoh Beng Hock.

I also wish to place on record that I on behalf of DAP National Legal Bureau took on all Teoh's legal battles pro bono. As such, I will not accept payment of any fees from the Teoh family in this regard.

This was also the clear instructions given to me by the late Mr Karpal Singh, in respect of his services in this case before his untimely death last year.

GOBIND SINGH DEO
MP Puchong

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-5-2015 03:00 PM | Show all posts
persoalannya, siapa bunuh teoh beng hockck ni? atas arahan siapa?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-5-2015 03:07 PM | Show all posts
nirman replied at 12-5-2015 02:48 PM
The defendants in the suit brought by the family of Teoh Beng Hock today admitted to negligence on t ...

bagus gobing singh ni..yg penting sekarang kena cari sape pembunuh teoh ni...pampasan tidak memadai kalu pembunuh bebas di luar sana...bangsa cina sepatutnya tidak menyokong kerajaan disebabkan kes ni...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 12-5-2015 03:14 PM | Show all posts
sian 6thun bru 600k je...
1mdb dh berhutang 42b dlm masa setahun dua je

Use magic Report

Post time 12-5-2015 04:10 PM | Show all posts
finally, true justice revealed ..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-5-2015 04:17 PM | Show all posts
Not yet justice will only be served once the guilty parties are in jail. I hope MACC will take COA's suggestion and investigate this matter thoroughly  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 08:31 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.204927 second(s), 40 queries .