CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 12373|Reply: 91

[Jenayah] PM, Jangan berdolak dalih, nyatakan akaun wujud atau tidak - Bekas Peguam Negara

[Copy link]
Post time 6-7-2015 07:24 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Forget lawsuit, Najib must clarify if bank accounts exist, says former A-G
BY V. ANBALAGAN ASSISTANT NEW EDITOR

Published: 6 July 2015 6:58 AM

Datuk Seri Najib Razak must immediately clarify whether he has personal accounts in a private bank following the expose by Wall Street Journal (WSJ) that RM2.6 billion was credited into accounts under his name, rather than thinking of suing the business daily, former attorney-general Tan Sri Abu Talib Othman said.

He said the allegation against the prime minister was very serious and the clarification was vital to protect the integrity of his office.

"The outcome of filing a legal suit against WSJ will take a long time. The immediate thing is for the prime minister to clear the air now if he has accounts in the bank," Abu Talib (pic, right) told The Malaysian Insider.

Najib said yesterday he would decide soon what action to take against WSJ on their report that 1Malaysia Development Bhd's (1MDB) funds had been channelled into his accounts at AmPrivate Bank in Kuala Lumpur between 2013 and 2015.

The prime minister told a press conference yesterday that he had consulted his lawyers over the "malicious claims" (dakwaan jahat).

"Referring to the wild allegations made against me that I had allegedly stolen US$700 million dollars from 1MDB and placed it in my personal accounts, I have referred to my lawyers and they will advise me on what further legal and other action I can take, within the country and overseas.

"InshaAllah, I will decide in a few days what further action I will take against the malicious allegations," he said at the Bandar Rinching Mosque in Semenyih yesterday.

However, his aides barred media personnel from asking any more questions on the matter after Najib had made his statement.

Abu Talib said interested parties would exploit and sensationalise the matter and this was not good for the prime minister and the country.

"Everybody is anxious to know whether the prime minister has accounts with the bank and it is not fair if he is under constant attack," he  said.

Abu Talib, who was A-G for 13 years until 1993, said he was also of the view that politicians should not go to court to file suits to clear their name.

Alternatively, the bank in question could also clarify Najib's position after obtaining clearance from the authorities, he said.

"They need to confirm or deny. Why waste time for the task force to investigate instead of clarifying the issue first because the position of the prime minister is important," the former A-G said.

Last Friday, the WSJ alleged that up to US$700 million (RM2.6 billion) was transferred to Najib's personal bank accounts with AmPrivate Bank, just before the 13th general election.

Najib, however, responded that he had never taken any funds from 1MDB for personal gain and pinned the blame for the latest report on former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, who has in recent months called for Najib's resignation.

However, opposition politicians have taken Najib to task over his "ambiguous denial", while WSJ is standing by its story, saying its report was based on solid proof.

Attorney-General Tan Sr Abdul Gani Patail revealed in a statement on Saturday that a task force had raided three companies linked to funds allegedly channelled to Najib's personal bank accounts and that he has received investigation papers on the matter.

Gani said he had gone through the documents and gave further advice and directives to the task force consisting of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), police and Bank Negara Malaysia.

Gani said the task force officials raided SRC International Sdn Bhd, Gandingan Mentari Sdn Bhd and Ihsan Perdana Sdn Bhd offices on Friday and obtained more document – July 6, 2015.

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.c ... thash.9gHrA3ep.dpuf
Bekas AG ni pun dah give up dengan bijan. Bukan susah sangat. Kata je ada atau tidak? Kalau, ada, ada duit rakyat masuk tak?
Apa susah sungat? Nak bicang dengan kumpulan loyar samaada nak saman ke tidak, suruh mahkamah decide court date 3 tahun lagi lah, etc...
dia ingat majority rakyat mentality macam macai2 felda pprt kampung yang ada kat CI ni...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-7-2015 07:29 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The outcome of filing a legal suit against WSJ will take a long time

memang itu yg die nak. buy some time

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 07:42 AM | Show all posts
Tp kalu najib kata ade akaun tu n x ngaku ade duit rakyat masuk dlm akaun die mesti buat siasatan jugak kn.emm take time jugak..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 07:45 AM | Show all posts
Elehh..kulit dia lg  tebai pada bag kulit boya hat bini dia beli tuu...x dak nya dia nak peduli setakat tanya2 gitu  

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 07:52 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Jibby xmo try sumpah laknat ler ckp yak dia tak bersalah?

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 07:54 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Dah bosan tahap cipan dgn Bijan nih

Pahlawan taik kucing la...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 6-7-2015 07:57 AM | Show all posts
tebalnya kulit bijan...dasar tak tahu malu...serius...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 07:59 AM | Show all posts
tu laaa... banyak hanky panky... nak jawab pon tergeliat lidah

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-7-2015 08:01 AM | Show all posts
bekas lawyer ni mesti team mate Tun M...

pemandu teksi (macai)
Parit Sulong

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 08:02 AM | Show all posts
hehehehehee..wait n see....

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 08:06 AM | Show all posts
AMbank = yg kene bunuh kat batu cave ... hmmmmm

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 08:09 AM | Show all posts
atira replied at 6-7-2015 07:59 AM
tu laaa... banyak hanky panky... nak jawab pon tergeliat lidah

Kan... benda mudah...just kata saja duit  masuk atau tidak.... kesan tindakan dia yg kornar sana sini bg kenyataan ambigious menyebabkan Malaysia in limbo. Skrg pun hal malaysia masuk dlm business section Washington Post.... ini secara tak langsung bg kesan negative yg besar pada dunia ekonomi malaysia...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 08:12 AM | Show all posts
puterikhaleeda replied at 6-7-2015 08:06 AM

I tak rasa ada connection pun... yg meninggal pun pengasas saja...bukan board of directors atau atau someone important pada AMbank at time of his death...cuma anak tu agaknya saja nak take a swipe kat kerajaan pasal bumi dan non bumi saja

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 08:13 AM | Show all posts
najib jawab najib..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 08:17 AM | Show all posts
Kalau setakat nak saman atas kapasiti BAFIA mendedahkan maklumat sulit tu, baik tak payahlahhhhh.....

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 08:23 AM | Show all posts
scorpionkiki replied at 6-7-2015 08:12 AM
I tak rasa ada connection pun... yg meninggal pun pengasas saja...bukan board of directors atau at ...

ooooo ok ok ... hihihihi dok teringat jek

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-7-2015 08:26 AM | Show all posts
org mcm ni mna brani nak lantang dan bertegas kerna kebenaran coz dia sndri pon xbetoi

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 08:32 AM | Show all posts
Forget lawsuit, Najib must clarify if bank accounts exist, says former A-G
dah pencen baru nak kecoh

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 08:58 AM | Show all posts
dia mesti ckp Tun M yg nak sabo dia..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-7-2015 09:01 AM | Show all posts
puterikhaleeda replied at 6-7-2015 08:06 AM

khen???sampai skrg tak tau sapa bunuh dan motif...

and lagi satu, semua org dah tak percaya dgn kerajaan skrg, kecuali sesetgh puak yang mmg duduk dalam gua la..shahrizat bedal 250juta pun lepas, yang kena si whistleblower...

sikit2 nak saman ikut akta BAFIA... sedangkan org yang dituduh dilepas...SPRM pun mcm lembu dicucuk hidung...entah2 SPRM inilah yangs ebenarnya lembu yang diternak shahrizat?

(iols teringat kata2 shahrizat --> if im down, many will come down with me)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 01:15 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.073717 second(s), 51 queries .