CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2928|Reply: 1

[2015] Star wars rebel

Close [Copy link]
Post time 4-12-2015 03:58 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
It took a little bit of time, but this week’s Star Wars Rebels finally delivered something we’d been waiting to see… Ahsoka Tano in a new lightsaber fight! Seeing her take on both the Inquisitors at once (and win!) was thrilling and I loved how she got such a big entrance, with those doors opening – in a moment that almost worked as a light side inverse of Darth Maul’s entrance into the hanger in The Phantom Menace.
The fight itself was very fun with a lot of clever little touches. There was one other Phantom Menace-esque moment as well that I loved, as Ahsoka paused to seemingly mediate, Qui-Gon style, mid-fight – which she used to lure in the Seventh Sister and grab her lightsaber.
It’s interesting to note the Inquisitors specifically said they wanted to captureAhsoka, not kill her, which has to be Vader’s orders. Might he feel his old apprentice could be his new apprentice? (remember, he has no idea has any children at this point).
More questions were also raised by the Inquisitors wanting to take, but not kill, those Force-sensitive babies. To what end? Yes, Vader needs some followers with the Force simply to have a group of Inquisitors in the first place, but since the main goal is still to kill any surviving Jedi (or potential Jedi, like Ezra), why would he spare both of these babies? And yes, I know this series isn’t going to (nor should it) show an on-screen murder of a baby, but just knowing the kids were specifically being taken raises these questions. It is all in the hopes of finding the perfect apprentice, since inevitably, Vader would do as Sith do, and try and replace Palpatine as the Master? Or is Palpatine himself blatantly asking for these kids, with Vader's knowledge, to maybe find someone to replace Vader with eventually? Because that would be pretty Palpatine-y of him...

While Rebels might not depict as much on-screen carnage as The Clone Wars did, it still can make an impact, such as that opening scene where the Fifth Brother threw his spinning lightsaber at all those people and we cut away – knowing exactly what was occurring. In general, the Fifth Brother got a lot of strong and scary moments here, as he stabbed his lightsaber up above him into that vent Ezra was hiding in and, at one point, managed to take down that speeder with another good lightsaber throw.
It was also good to see just how outmatched Zeb was when he tried to take on the Fifth Brother, as I briefly worried they’d undercut the Inquisitors’ threat when Zeb ran at him – but no, he was quickly thrown to the side and realized they needed to flee to survive.
I wasn’t a big fan of how that baby Ithorian looked -- it was just so goofy and “cartoony” (I know, I know…) in appearance – but it did lead to some funny moments, including Zeb’s line, “Hope I’m holding it right side up.” And who can’t enjoy Chopper carrying a baby or two?
On a more positive visual note, this was probably the most densely packed city location Rebels has taken place in and it’s great to see the show begin to branch out in this manner, as they grow their assets. We’re definitely evolving from the desolate Lothal locations of Season 1…
[size=1.294em]The Verdict
It was so exciting to see Ahsoka confront the Inquisitors, I almost wish this had been a two-parter, with Ahsoka’s arrival to save the day ending part 1. But overall, this was an incredibly entertaining episode that raised (or elevated) a lot of intriguing questions for the greater Star Wars universe. We’re once more reminded that Palpatine may have wiped out most of the Jedi, but he can’t stop kids from being born with Force abilities. Yet The Force Awakens trailers indicate no new Jedi have been seen since Luke. So what happened? Even if this show doesn’t answer that question, knowing the Lucasfilm Story Group is overseeing it all makes me excited to discover answers, in one way or the other.
It was also nice to have Ahsoka recall a very similar baby-snatching scenario that happened on The Clone Wars – and every time she mentions something that occurred “During the Clone Wars”, it functions as both an in-universe and almost-meta mention, given that prior show’s title.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-12-2015 07:59 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 02:15 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083849 second(s), 31 queries .