CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 9018|Reply: 55

[Dunia] Makan 3 Bijik Apple Dan Diet Coke Untuk Jadi Top Model!

[Copy link]
Post time 28-1-2016 05:01 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Ex-top model holds fashion world to account on anorexia
January 28, 2016

In her memoir, "Never Skinny Enough: the Diary of a Top Model" ("Jamais assez maigre: Journal d'un top model") she recounts the pressures of such high-stakes dieting.

It was the stuff of dreams: walking down a Paris street one day to walking the runway as a top 20 model in the world’s fashion capital.

That’s exactly what happened to Victoire Macon Dauxerre at 18 as she prepared to graduate from high school in 2011.

But that dream was short-lived.

In just a few months Dauxerre was battling anorexia, eating three apples a day and sipping diet colas in an effort to maintain her elite model status.

“No one actually told me you have to lose weight,” she remembered. “But they said to me, ‘In September, you’re starting Fashion Week. Sizes will be 32-34 (2-4 US) and you’ll have to be able to fit into them.'”

“That’s when I should have left,” Dauxerre said.

As Paris plays host to the spring summer haute couture shows, Dauxerre is warning the world about how insidious a disorder anorexia really is.

In her memoir, “Never Skinny Enough: the Diary of a Top Model” (“Jamais assez maigre: Journal d’un top model”) she recounts the pressures of such high-stakes dieting.

This is not the first time that a French model has sounded the alarm on the pressure to be thin on the catwalk. After writing her own book highly critical of the fashion industry, Isabelle Caro posed for a shocking anti-anorexia billboard campaign during Milan fashion week in 2007 before dying from the disease three years later at the age of 28.

For Dauxerre, besides apples and Diet Cokes, she allowed herself one small piece of fish or chicken once a week.

A healthy 56 kilos (123 lbs) at 1.78 metres (5 feet 9 inches) when she was spotted, Dauxerre went down four dress sizes to 47 kilos (103 lbs) in just a couple of months.

She then embarked on her whirlwind career, modelling for such famed houses as Alexander McQueen, Celine and Miu Miu in Paris, New York and Milan.

Bulimic and suicidal

With her flowing brown hair and electric blue eyes, she became one of the most sought-after faces.

Eight months later, bulimic and suicidal, she quit.

“No one understood,” Dauxerre said, now 23. “Everybody was telling me I had a dream life, but I had never been so miserable.”

In the book, she tells of life backstage where models would nibble on food in front of cameras then race to the bathroom to throw it all up once journalists were gone.

She recalls shoots where only the photographers had catering. Dauxerre was so starved and exhausted at one point she fainted in the streets of New York during one fashion week.

“The models, they’re nothing, they’re just clothes hangers,” Dauxerre said. “In the 1980s, elite models were real people. Today, you have to fade behind the labels.”

Dauxerre’s memoir comes a month after French MPs voted through a law banning ultra-thin models.

A letter by Dauxerre was read out in parliament and helped sway the vote.

The ban is only the second of its kind in the world after Israel passed similar legislation, while Spain, Italy, the UK and Denmark all have looser regulations against the practice.

Attempts at regulation have so far failed, however, in the United States and Belgium.

If the French law passes its final hurdles, models who want to work there will have to be cleared first by doctors.

Agencies who violate the law could face six months in jail and a

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 28-1-2016 05:01 PM | Show all posts
@dani-rox

I am pro-ana.are you?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-1-2016 05:07 PM | Show all posts
collarbones

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2016 05:17 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Betul la tu
Badan dah mcm hanger...skeleton berjalan

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2016 05:18 PM | Show all posts
GhostWalking replied at 28-1-2016 05:01 PM
@dani-rox

I am pro-ana.are you?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-1-2016 05:29 PM | Show all posts

ohoiiiiiii itu fav quote

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 28-1-2016 05:44 PM | Show all posts
but to be honest sis Ghost, i am repulsed w/ anorexia as much as obesity.

Bagi ai lah kan... industri fashion nih sebenarnya kejam dan penuh dgn kaki buli...

Bayangkan tengah fitting baju, designer selamba jah cakap body ko gemuk, padahal badan ko kategori kurus. Selagi ko tak capai size 0 dan spt badan budak lelaki umur 15thn, jgn haraplah ko nak dpt job. Dengan dikelilingi model2 yg kompetitif dan equally pangai hansuang lg. Model lelaki pun dah ramai yg anorexic katanya.

Kalo saiz Cindy Crawford, Helena Christensen dan Claudia Schiffer tu dah dicop sbg overweight bg stended sekarang. Ai harap ni cuma trend sajork spt mana trend Heroin Chic yg dipopularkan oleh Kate Moss pertengahan 90an dulu. Pastuh era model berbadan sihat dan fit akan bangkit semula.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2016 05:48 PM | Show all posts

Just wondering, akak Ghost dah capai ke belum bentuk dan berat badan yg diimpi2kan itu?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 28-1-2016 05:55 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
dani-rox replied at 28-1-2016 09:48 AM
Just wondering, akak Ghost dah capai ke belum bentuk dan berat badan yg diimpi2kan itu?

Harus lah kalau dah jadi mayat hidup @ pocong dek dani lol tinggal ribs jah lagi

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2016 05:59 PM | Show all posts
GhostWalking replied at 28-1-2016 05:55 PM
Harus lah kalau dah jadi mayat hidup @ pocong dek dani lol tinggal ribs jah lagi

Ha'ah kan... Harus terliur jah hanjeng2 kalau tengok susuk tubuh Kak Ghost yg menggiurkan tuh

btw ai tak pernah rasa skinny pun sis.
sejak kecik, ai nih bertulang rangka sado... naik berat badan sikit terus obvious penampakan lemak sobsobsob

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2016 06:02 PM | Show all posts
mmg betul2 tinggal tulang

waktu kecik dlu ada gak impian nk jadi model. namun lepas nampak nasi,lupakan je la hasrat tu

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-1-2016 06:05 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
dani-rox replied at 28-1-2016 09:59 AM
Ha'ah kan... Harus terliur jah hanjeng2 kalau tengok susuk tubuh Kak Ghost yg menggiurkan tuh :lol ...

Xpe dek dani boleh join fitspro yumyummm

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2016 06:09 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
dani-rox replied at 28-1-2016 05:18 PM

betul sangat quote ni..i ni jenis rangka kecik, kurus..dedulu selalu macam sedih orang cakap kaki kecik bagai..now i ala2, bangga gitu..sapa suh dulu kutuk kan

tapi ofkos nak maintain kekurusan ini, i jaga makan jugak..bukan simply makan ikut nafsu hujung2 badan naik bagai dipam2

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2016 06:15 PM | Show all posts
buruknyaaa tinggal rangka...

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2016 06:32 PM | Show all posts
Edited by dani-rox at 28-1-2016 06:34 PM
MeghanK replied at 28-1-2016 06:09 PM
betul sangat quote ni..i ni jenis rangka kecik, kurus..dedulu selalu macam sedih orang cakap kaki  ...

at least Meg bole relaks2 jah... sekarang ni semua berlumba2 nak kurus

badan skinny mcm ni dah cantek kan... kalo kurus lg drpd ni, takut kena health complications jah.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2016 06:41 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
dani-rox replied at 28-1-2016 06:32 PM
at least Meg bole relaks2 jah... sekarang ni semua berlumba2 nak kurus

badan skinny mcm ni d ...

cantik sgt dah kalau camni..

apa yg i nampak skrg ni pompuan lepas kahwin malas betul nak jaga makan..tatau kenapa..adakah sebab dah kahwin, so dah tak payah nak berdiet bagai

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-1-2016 06:46 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I pernah jd bulimic dah hanya mkn oat shj dalam sehari. Kalau mkn byk sikit terus rs bersalah dan muntahkan. berbulan2 juga mcm tu sampai jatuh sakit.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2016 06:47 PM | Show all posts
MeghanK replied at 28-1-2016 06:41 PM
cantik sgt dah kalau camni..

apa yg i nampak skrg ni pompuan lepas kahwin malas betul nak jaga  ...

kalau ai tengok contoh sekeliling dan terdekat, ada yg malas dah jaga penampilan. kekadang tu faktor anak2... cerewet psl makan. yg hujung2 abiskan makananlah si emak kekadang somi yg cakap tak kesah kalo isteri gain weight. ai pulak lepas kawen, terpaksalah maintain jaga makan dan exercise... somi dahlah fit dan athletic. tak sanggup okeh kelihatan spt tong drum tatkala keluar bergandingan dgn heols

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-1-2016 06:48 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
melinda_kerr replied at 28-1-2016 10:46 AM
I pernah jd bulimic dah hanya mkn oat shj dalam sehari. Kalau mkn byk sikit terus rs bersalah dan mu ...

Kawan i makan oats dengan bawang.minum kopi je sehari suntuk.tapi memang maveles

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-1-2016 06:49 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
dani-rox replied at 28-1-2016 10:47 AM
kalau ai tengok contoh sekeliling dan terdekat, ada yg malas dah jaga penampilan. kekadang tu fakt ...

Truth is kalau tengok fitspiration lagi best plus lagi healthy lah

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 10:16 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.660524 second(s), 49 queries .