CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: yellow belmont

EVIL - was it born within us? .. or how?

[Copy link]
Post time 3-5-2007 04:35 PM | Show all posts

Reply #240 remizati's post

siapa yang susah???

bomoh atau Jin??

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-5-2007 06:45 AM | Show all posts
Does Evil Exist?

Does evil exist? The university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists? A student bravely replied, "Yes, he did!"
"God created everything?" The professor asked.
"Yes, sir," the student replied.
The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil."
The student became quiet before such an answer.
The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?"
"Of course," replied the professor.
The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"
"What kind of question is this? Of course, it exists.
Have you never been cold?"
The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Everybody or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature.
Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat.
The student continued. "Professor, does darkness exist?"
The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."
Finally the young man asked the professor. "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. "These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down. The young man's name? -- Albert Einstein

[ Last edited by  wei_loon5063 at 5-5-2007 06:46 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 11:57 AM | Show all posts

Reply #252 ajinomotonosuga's post

I think the west and the east have a kind of a clash of culture in what we call as freedom of speech, people from the west are more open in their way of expressing their opinions about something and they don't get angry easily in the face of criticism but malaysian people most of them are hyper-sensitive they become easily angry when their opinions or belief system are criticised by others and they tend to keep their opinions to themselves most of the time to avoid 'conflict' .. so if we see people who are outspoken don't be too 'terkejut' because they may be used to western style of thinking and expression due to living in a western country all their life...   

[ Last edited by  free2rhyme at 5-5-2007 12:03 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 16-6-2007 06:40 PM | Show all posts

Reply #243 free2rhyme's post

Just stumbled on this thread..........

free......my take on such ppl is they are an insecure lot. Generally , if one does not have true understanding of whatever one's belief is the tendency is to go into defence mode whenever that belief is questioned.

As for the topic on hand, I believe that by believing that evil is inborn/created in everyone is to  say that god's creation if imperfect which I do not hold. I suppose since  Buddhism and the likes do not behold any particular god, my line of thought is of no consequence. I also believe that human who is created with a brain must use it to find the true way in life......make decisions on the choices available...etc.

To enable one to make decisions, one must acquire knowledge. Some knowledge are already beholden to particular community or society as such that the decisions made upon such knowledge becomes acceptable while it may be construed as unacceptable to another.

However, evil to me is of the devil's advocacy. Note the closeness of the two words "evil" and "devil". The intention is to mislead man towards going against god's commandments. The choice is with man themselves.

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 19-6-2007 12:09 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-6-2007 10:53 PM | Show all posts
evil has 9 lives but good is forever

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2007 01:55 PM | Show all posts

Reply #245 ajinomotonosuga's post

How so, aji?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-1-2018 11:02 PM | Show all posts
Cane and Abel...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

11-6-2024 03:58 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.312408 second(s), 35 queries .