CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: braderjoni

(MERGED) SAF, SPF & SCDF Bhg 2

[Copy link]
Post time 16-1-2010 07:23 AM | Show all posts
[QUOTE=spiderweb6969;4668169]The article you mention is actually a translation of these.....by Azmi Hassan of Utusan Malaysia, the writer is a geostrategies at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. This article was originally published on the website of Utusan Malaysia on Dec 30.below is the Straits Times translation published on the 2nd January 2009[/QUOTE]below is the answer to the above article....from The Straits Times 15 January 2010

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-1-2010 09:00 AM | Show all posts
241# spiderweb6969

Azmi hassan is right. The su-30mkms are better or surpasses the F-22, PAk-FA, f15, typhoons, rafale and pretty much everything out there.(sarcasm)

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2010 01:36 PM | Show all posts
241# spiderweb6969  

Azmi hassan is right. The su-30mkms are better or surpasses the F-22, PAk-FA, f15, typhoons, rafale and pretty much everything out there.(sarcasm)
belacan79 Post at 16-1-2010 09:00

terguris?????

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2010 01:50 PM | Show all posts
243# lkick2113

No..I am relating the obvious. That`s what he said amongst other incredible stuffs. He said the Suks are better than the F-22s and that means better than the PAK-FA, F15s, typhoons, rafales, other Suks, etc.

How such an ill-informed article gets to print is beyond me and showcases the lack of worldliness and technical knowledge in the academia in certain places. Just hope these people do not get to influence policy makers too much, especially those who make purchases. hah

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2010 06:20 PM | Show all posts
243# lkick2113  

No..I am relating the obvious. That`s what he said amongst other incredible stuffs. He said the Suks are better than the F-22s and that means better than the PAK-FA, F15s, typhoon ...
belacan79 Post at 17-1-2010 13:50

at least better than F-15SG.....i guess....:re:

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2010 08:01 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by belacan79 at 17-1-2010 20:04

245# lkick2113

haha..I guess not. The F15SG with all the bells and whistles is better. You have your view and I have mine.

I would like to say that our DSTA/DSO/Mindef and our pilots know what they are doing. Afterall, we were offered the Su-35(supposedly even better than the Su-30 series) and rejected it. And we took 6-7 years to decide. 6-7 years of assessments after assessments.

These are the experts in the field, unlike keyboard experts like us.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 18-1-2010 08:44 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by belacan79 at 17-1-2010 20:04

245# lkick2113

haha..I guess not. The F15SG with all the bells and whistles is better. You have your view and I have mine.

I would ...
belacan79 Post at 17-1-2010 20:01

this is juz ur point of view kawan....if u said ur country take about 6-7 years to do the evaluation, assessment all that...and u claim that F-15SG is the best in this region???? is up to u bro....not every aspect or specification of MKM u know....like u said...... u r juz keybord expert not military expert....

Use magic Report

Post time 18-1-2010 12:10 PM | Show all posts
Nak menyelit dlm bab2 Human Resource & Training sikit.

Fact Sheet: Changes to BMT Programmes
Basic Military Training (BMT) equips recruits with the basic military skills to become combat-ready soldiers. It also aims to give them a sense of purpose and a positive experience in their National Service. To better engage and train recruits, the SAF undertakes periodic reviews to strengthen the BMT system.

The current review was conducted in two phases. In the first phase, the SAF looked at how recruits undergoing the 4-week Physical Training Phase (PTP) could be better prepared for BMT. This resulted in the introduction of an 8-week PTP which will raise PTP recruits' physical fitness to a level that is comparable to their direct-BMT peers'. The new PTP programme will begin in December 2009. The second phase of the review focused on customising the other BMT programmes to engage recruits and prepare them better for their subsequent combat, combat support and combat service support roles. The BMT system will now include a new 19-week BMT for obese recruits with effect from February 2010, a new 9-week BMT for PES B2 recruits from June 2010, a new 9-week BMT for PES C recruits from June 2010, and a new 4-week BMT for PES E recruits. There will be no change to the standard BMT for PES A/B recruits.

19-week BMT Programme for Obese Enlistees
The new 19-week BMT programme will be conducted for recruits whose Body Mass Index (BMI) exceeds 27. This BMT programme is designed to help obese recruits improve their physical fitness incrementally while equipping them with basic soldiering skills and knowledge. Over time, obese recruits have shown that they can achieve optimal fitness levels and weight loss in about 19 weeks, hence the 19-week BMT programme for this group of recruits.

9-week BMT Programme for PES B2 Enlistees
The new 9-week BMT programme will be conducted for recruits who are medically fit for deployment in selected combat and combat support vocations, such as signal operators, combat medics and naval system operators. These recruits will be given a new medical classification of PES B2, in place of the existing PES C1 classification. This is to ensure that the medical classification of our soldiers is consistent with their deployment. The new 9-week programme will include customised physical training, as well as basic combat training to prepare them for their combat and combat support roles.

9-week BMT Programme for PES C Enlistees
The new 9-week BMT programme will be conducted for PES C recruits. This programme will include light physical training and vocational training to prepare them for combat service support vocations, such as service medic, and those related to logistics and administration such as supply assistants.

4-week BMT Programme for PES E Enlistees
The new 4-week BMT programme will be conducted for PES E recruits. This programme will focus on National Education, SAF core values, regimentation and discipline, as well as vocational training to prepare recruits for combat service support vocations.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-1-2010 04:42 PM | Show all posts
248# jazim IMO, the best way is to compare apple to apple i.e. avionic etc. There are some components that are invisible to us, however one can predict how much secrecy it contains base on the military budget and the economy factor. just to say patriotism aside, if u rope them in there will be more contradiction more than logic

Use magic Report

Post time 18-1-2010 09:42 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by belacan79 at 18-1-2010 22:09

247# lkick2113

Duh. wasnt that what i said. hehe

Like i said, I trust the experts though. ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 19-1-2010 07:54 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by belacan79 at 18-1-2010 22:09

247# lkick2113

Duh. wasnt that what i said. hehe

Like i said, I trust the experts though. ;)
belacan79 Post at 18-1-2010 21:42

whutever.............:re:

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2010 06:15 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 27-1-2010 10:13 PM | Show all posts
UK troops begin training on STK Warthog
Tim Ripley JDW Correspondent
  London

British troops have begun training on Singapore Technologies Kinetics (STK) Warthog all-terrain armoured vehicles in preparation for their deployment to Afghanistan later this year, an STK spokesman told Jane's on 21 January.

A contingent of "around 10" British Army soldiers began training on the vehicle in Singapore last year to allow them to become instructors for the first formed unit to receive the Warthog. "We have trained the trainers," Patrick Choy, STK's Director of International Relations, told Jane's. "The British Army now has enough vehicles to begin training a company's worth of troops in the UK."

Soldiers of the Royal Dragoon Guards, based in Catterick in North Yorkshire, will be converting from their Vickers Defence (now BAE Systems Land Systems) Challenger 2 main battle tanks in time to deploy with the Warthog to Afghanistan with the 4th Mechanized Brigade between April and May, a British Army spokesman told Jane's on 25 January. The first batch of Warthogs are currently with the Armoured Trials and Development Unit (ATDU) at Bovington in Dorset.

Meanwhile, Choy said that STK was continuing with further blast trials on the Warthog, run in co-operation with the UK government's Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL), to prove the vehicle's mine-protection systems.

"From the start of the programme we have worked with DSTL," he said. "We have subjected four full hulls to blasts [and] we have also blasted some cabins - about eight vehicles in total. We believe protection programmes improve as you go along; it's a process.

"We are now at a solution that is adequate, [but] there is always scope for improvement," said Choy. "We will continue blast trials for two months to finally arrive at a solution that meets the final requirement."

Choy said the trials, held at DSTL's facility near Bristol, involved blowing up representative fully-loaded vehicles and used instrumented dummies to determine the blast effects on particular soldiers. "Even if you have done a lot of simulation and design you have to prove your protection works," he said.

A UK Ministry of Defence spokeswoman told Jane's: "Blast trials are ongoing for the Warthog vehicle, which will not be deployed unless it meets our high standards concerning protection. Warthog is currently ahead of schedule and will deploy [in 2010]."

Design, development and production of Warthog hulls in Singapore and their delivery to Thales' facility at Llangennech, Carmarthenshire, for integration of electronic systems and UK government-owned equipment is well under way. "We have almost done all our milestones," said Choy. "The UK has asked us to accelerate delivery," he added. "We have looked at the schedule and done our best. Final delivery of the last vehicle will be well before the end of the year."

The Warthog is a derivative of the STK Bronco all-terrain vehicle. Around 100 were ordered in November 2008 as part of a GBP700 million (USD1.1 billion) Protected Mobility Package to improve the protection of UK forces in Afghanistan against improvised explosive devices.

Choy said the Warthog would be C-130 transportable when combat loaded. The vehicle weighs 19 tons when combat loaded, according to Choy, and can be underslung from a Boeing CH-47 Chinook helicopter if its front and rear cabin are separated.

Use magic Report

Post time 27-1-2010 10:16 PM | Show all posts
Army, MoD lock horns over ban on Singapore Technologies

by Ajai Shukla
Business Standard, 22nd Jan 09

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) faces accusations of serious contradictions in the apparently ill-considered ban that it imposed last June on arms vendor, Singapore Technologies Kinetic (STK). The ban was slapped on 7 companies after the 19th May 09 arrest of former Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) Chairman, Sudipta Ghosh, for corruption.

The ban on STK is all but collapsing. Next month STK’s 155 mm towed gun will take part in firing trials --- cleared by the MoD --- for selecting a new-generation artillery piece for the Indian Army. STK’s Lightweight Assault Rifle will also begin army trials in February. Inexplicably, though, the ban remains on STK’s 155 mm Pegasus ultralight howitzer, which the army wants urgently for India’s mountain divisions.

The Pegasus trials remain blocked despite the efforts of army chief, General Deepak Kapoor --- himself an artilleryman --- who requested the MoD for trials to continue alongside the CBI’s investigations, in order to save time. Rejecting that request (reported in Business Standard on 18th July 09. Full details of the army’s request and the MoD’s rejection is posted on Broadsword… click back to July 09), the MoD approached Washington to allow India to buy the American BAE Systems M777 ultralight howitzer.

The army, however, wants both options open, not a single-vendor situation in which the US-based company can dictate its price. Despite the MoD ban, the army chief has publicly declared that the STK howitzer remains an option.

On 14th Jan 09, General Deepak Kapoor told the press, “We have one gun (the Pegasus) waiting for trials and, at the same time, we have approached a foreign country (the US) for purchasing an ultralight howitzer directly. We will follow both routes. The moment one of them is successful, we will go ahead with that purchase.”

But MoD sources say they are not rethinking the ban on the Pegasus; they say the CBI has solid proof that STK paid money into Ghosh’s bank account in Singapore. Asked why the CBI has failed to file charges against Ghosh, who was freed on bail last July, they have no answers.

Now STK has also --- for the first time --- publicly protested the ban. Last week, STK CEO, Brigadier-General Patrick Choy, revealed to the press in New Delhi that he had travelled to India last year to assist the CBI in its investigations into Ghosh’s alleged corruption. Choy said that he had invited the CBI team to Singapore for a full audit of STK, promising that he would fully open the company’s books to investigators. The CBI has not, so far, responded.

STK first encountered the unpredictability of the Indian defence market when it flew a Pegasus howitzer into India for trials last year, in response to an MoD request. On 5th June 09, just as the Pegasus reached the Pokhran Field Firing Ranges in Rajasthan, a media statement from the MoD spokesperson announced that STK had been banned. To this day, the MoD has not officially intimated STK about any ban.

After remaining stranded by the roadside in Pokhran for several days, the Pegasus was moved to Gwalior, where it remains housed in an army unit.

The Indian Army’s artillery modernisation plan has remained stalled, for various reasons, for over two decades; the ultralight howitzer is only the latest procurement fiasco. The army’s 180 artillery gun regiments --- each having 18 guns --- have not received any new weaponry since the Bofors gun was bought in the late 1980s.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2010 05:24 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2010 06:21 PM | Show all posts
Army News Oct 2009

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-1-2010 06:25 PM | Show all posts
Army News November 2009

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2010 06:29 PM | Show all posts
Army News December 2009

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2010 07:11 PM | Show all posts
wow....ade F-35 JSF tu....

btw...JSF x sehebat & se agile 4.5++ fighter from russia...

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2010 07:27 PM | Show all posts
257# spiderweb6969

HRMAS pon ade ek????

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-6-2024 09:17 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070300 second(s), 42 queries .