CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: 13Friday

Java to have a new religion after eruption???

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 13-5-2006 07:42 PM | Show all posts

caution

May 13, 2006 19:25 PM     

Mount Merapi Status Raised To Caution, Evacuation Intensified

YOGYAKARTA, May 13 (Bernama) -- The status of Mount Merapi has been upgraded from "alert" to "caution" as the volcano's eruption is seen as immininet and consequently the evacuation of villagers living on the volcano's slopes and surrounding areas has been intensified.

Antara News Agency (Antara) reported Saturday quoting Yogyakarta Governor Sultan Hamengku Buwono X as saying at the Mount Merapi disaster mitigation center that all people living in danger zones had to be evacuated.

As of Saturday 08.30 a.m., the volcano's status was raised to "caution" after being on "alert" status since April 12, 2006.

Given the critical condition of the volcano, the local authority has instructed a total of around 4,056 inhabitants to evacuate immediately.

"Residents are instructed to evacuate immediately, until Saturday night or early Sunday at the latest. All 4.056 villagers have to be moved to safer areas," Sultan HB X said here after having a tour at refugee camps.

Based on ANTARA's observation, around 2,000 people have stayed in temporary barracks and tents in refugee camps, while about 2,000 others are reluctant to leave their homes for various reasons.

The local authority has mobilized trucks and other vehicles to move the villagers. A number of refugees earlier reportedly returned to their villages due to boredom of living in refugee camps.

Located between Central Java Province and Yogyakarta, the 2,968-meter-high Merapi, about 450-kilometers of southeast of Jakarta, is one of the 65 volcanoes listed as dangerous in Indonesia.

It has erupted several times, of which the most deadly took place in 1930 killing 1,370 people. It also erupted in 1994, claiming the lives of at least 66 people.

-- BERNAMA

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

bob This user has been deleted
Post time 13-5-2006 09:04 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 13-5-2006 07:42 PM
May 13, 2006 19:25 PM     

Mount Merapi Status Raised To Caution, Evacuation Intensified

YOGYAKARTA, May 13 (Bernama) -- The status of Mount Merapi has been upgraded from "alert"  ...

i really fail to see the connection on what you post and the volcano. its as though u feel that if the volcano erupts, its christian god retribution for the citizens who have not adhere to christianity. is this right?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-5-2006 01:46 AM | Show all posts

another sign of things

Most Javanese villagers consider the mountain sacred. Every year a priest climbs to the top to make an offering.

Many Indonesians also see activity in Mount Merapi as an omen of looming political unrest. Merapi is also close to Borobudur, a 1,200-year-old temple complex that is one of Indonesia? most famous tourist sites.

Thousands of villagers were evacuated in January 1997 when Merapi became active, just months before the Asian financial crisis struck.

Most Javanese, who make up the bulk of Indonesia? 220 million people, are Muslim, but many cling to a spiritual past and believe a supernatural kingdom exists on top of Merapi.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2006 03:32 PM | Show all posts
Why're you so worried of Gunung Merapi? I hope it won't erupt like the Krakatao.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-5-2006 06:00 PM | Show all posts

hope is not good enough

when that happen, who regret?

Use magic Report

Post time 17-5-2006 08:17 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 14-5-2006 06:00 PM
when that happen, who regret?

Friday!!!!!!!!!
how many have converted to the new religion?????? pray tell us.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 17-5-2006 10:08 PM | Show all posts

God is waiting

the delay for the  final explosion is for people to repent.

Use magic Report

lipbeb This user has been deleted
Post time 18-5-2006 12:09 AM | Show all posts
many country r sending aid & rescue team for the ppl of merapi, here u pray hell for them. r u h suffering fr mental breakdown hah. what had come over u mister, what only christian be safe izzit.  U make christian look bad la. r u from some kind of evil idoit distort religion izzit. Come on bruder when merapi erupt it noe no victim whether u r a muslim, christian, hindu, buddish or whatever faith they belong. Watch ur news la, do u noe that  ppl of all faith come to hand help to this poor farmer.  R u oriat onot? Pls dunt claim u r christian - u r to no good to this world.  Catastrophe happen all the time, every where to any country (rich or poor nation), gender or religion. ayiah u hv problem dah.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 18-5-2006 03:53 PM | Show all posts

let it be.

It had happened before and will happen again, and why blame me for that.

God's will and God's way we can see how it can happen.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2006 07:17 PM | Show all posts
it happen to christian state as well. God remind us all the time as this eruption at merapi. Beside this will strengthen them spiritually to what ever faith they belong rather convert to other religion.  13friday maybe u hv good intention but u hv lack of consideration to others faith. in a way u r rude to others it look bad to those christian who r aiding help to merapi farmer.  Even if all of them convert to christianity the eruption wont stop.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2006 07:38 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lipbeb at 18-5-2006 07:17 PM
it happen to christian state as well. God remind us all the time as this eruption at merapi. Beside this will strengthen them spiritually to what ever faith they belong rather convert to other reli ...

see..when you manifest your belief too long, you sometime unknowingly act out your dreams. in this case you belief that islam and other religion has no right to esixt in indonesia, at least around the merapi. and now your dream comes out in your posting to the peson you are. i dont believe in christianity but i know he dont teach this crap to you guys.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2006 07:47 PM | Show all posts

Reply #30 lipbeb's post

Yeah you're damn right. In the Philippines, even Jesus can't stop the landslides that swallowed the whole village incl. the school. They're all Christians & no Muslim. How do you explain that?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2006 07:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 18-5-2006 03:53 PM
It had happened before and will happen again, and why blame me for that.

God's will and God's way we can see how it can happen.

Of course it'll happen from time to time. It's nature afterall. It happens to other planets in our Solar System incl. those outside the universe. It's due to the movements of the platetectonics which form the earth's surface. I read that somewhere.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2006 09:32 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bob at 18-5-2006 07:38 PM

see..when you manifest your belief too long, you sometime unknowingly act out your dreams. in this case you belief that islam and other religion has no right to esixt in indonesia, at least arou ...

Yes bob, that got nothing to do with the existing of any present religion why merapi erupt.  I also dont believe all religion teach that crap too. What we should do - that go to u 13friday put all this aside pls. All those preaching on one faith onto others faith dont do any help. Do ur god ways to send aid or at least do ur prayer for them to be safe.  I'll be in Surabaya next week for business, then I'll be heading to merapi to see what I can do. 13friday u too can join me. just PM me anytime I be happy to hv friend doing good work with.

[ Last edited by  lipbeb at 18-5-2006 10:38 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-5-2006 10:59 PM | Show all posts

God has only ONE system

Originally posted by lipbeb at 18-5-2006 07:17 PM
it happen to christian state as well. God remind us all the time as this eruption at merapi. Beside this will strengthen them spiritually to what ever faith they belong rather convert to other reli ...

That is how God would act even in any community.

Don't take things for granted too much.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-5-2006 11:00 PM | Show all posts

Yes

this time it is for the people seeing the eruption, and what can we do?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-5-2006 09:00 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 18-5-2006 11:00 PM
this time it is for the people seeing the eruption, and what can we do?

whatever it is, the merapi erupted and nobody has converted to christian as a result of it. care to comment to defend yourself?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-5-2006 10:58 PM | Show all posts

wait and see

the finale is yet to come.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2006 02:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 19-5-2006 10:58 PM

if never come how? u want to change religion izzit?
stop lah - be a nice person.  pls talk sumthing humble to ppl...

ok we wait till next year... if u want we wait sumore year...

if nothing happen u just be nice to other ok... no more make cheap joke again ok... be a good boy.  be a good christian ok...  pray for all to be safe ok...  I will pray for u too...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2006 07:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 19-5-2006 10:58 PM

typhoon chanchu walloped phillipines and 41 died. condolence to the families.

you think phillipines would have a new religion after this?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

10-6-2024 11:28 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.696432 second(s), 42 queries .