CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: raeshad

Stephenie Meyers Teenage-Vampiric Twilight Series: Love or ...?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 21-7-2008 07:08 PM | Show all posts

Reply #11 kalchi's post

after i've read all the 3 books, i think eclipse is the best.

why? i just thought ms meyer played the love triangle between Jacob, Edward and Bella beautifully here.

i dont speak for everyone, but truthfully, i rather like bella with jacob. the bella-jacob is much more fun, much more thrilling, and more lively; as compared to bella-edward, whenever i read about those two, they both don't have the chemistry [in my mind]. bella is sometimes sombre, and melancholic [not in a particularly good way] when she's with edward.

and i actually can't fathom the logic of edward doing what he did to bella in the early part of new moon. spoiler - [edward leaving bella, in the pretense of 'protecting' her from harm. i just could not understand where edward is coming from ]

can't wait for breaking dawn though, and hv pre-ordered from mph

p/s: hv converted my lil sister into reading them. now, my mission is to get my other sister to read and love the book too. [i managed to make her a Sue Townsend's fan after i've introduced the Adrian Mole series to her ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-7-2008 12:03 AM | Show all posts
hi all!

i have bought and read all of the 3 books.personally i like the twilight most.the other 2 were not bad but not as thrilling as the first one.makin lama author tu tulis makin meleret pulak aku rasa.but being the beginner in this kind of books i think the author really did a great job.i was like very hooked with the books sampai aku sanggup skipped my meals.
anyway,am very excited wiith the upcoming new books and the movie.but since i've already saw the tease trailer and some of the making of the film,i think it won't be as bombastic as in the books.not that i don't like the actors or whatnot,maybe it's just the setup of the movie or something's misssing etc.but yeah,that's my only personal view and MAYBE it will be much

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2008 10:10 AM | Show all posts

Reply #21 raeshad's post

oowhh..kalchi juga suda wat pre order

*yeah...memang ramai org lebey suka bella & jacob..i love jacob but i dont want bella to be with him..saye mmg kurg suka dgn character bella itu sendri *

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2008 10:07 PM | Show all posts
Reply  #23 kalchi's post

tak suka dgn character bella.

alamak kena catch up and read eclipse lepas tu breaking dawn. most people follow the series

Reply  #22 kicaptigaayam 's post

aku rasa makin lama mmg makin meleret tapi people still follow the series cos they wanna find out whether bella will turned into vampire or not? most likely ya but some fans posted that bella probably will not turn to vampire due to the dream she had mentioned in the second book, New Moon. Theres been a lot of theories circulating around. U'll never know what happened

ape ape pun tgh tunggu dec for the movie.

[ Last edited by  baduglyu at 23-7-2008 10:12 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2008 04:30 PM | Show all posts

Reply #24 baduglyu's post

yeahh...december lekas2 la datang i really really hope twilight punye muvi ini ww release kalau tak memang sgt menyedeykan

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-7-2008 02:39 PM | Show all posts

Reply #25 kalchi's post

hopefully

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-8-2008 05:34 PM | Show all posts

SPOILER

according a few forums I visited - the last book, breaking dawn is a major disappointment. comment?

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2008 11:39 PM | Show all posts
Worth it ke..kumpul series ni??

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-8-2008 01:21 PM | Show all posts
today is the launch of the 4th book

if you buy the star yesterday, ada 30% off coupon to be snip off from the newspaper to buy any book from the series at kinokuniya
you just have to show the coupon.

of course, i paste herewith the article in the star yesterday

p/s: teringat lak raeshad nak belikan hari tu, tapi dah abis stok.. so of course i will cut the coupon from the star to get entitlement of 30%
but then, on second thought, pinjam yang raeshad punya jelah.. i am still engrossed with my laskar pelangi tetralogi by andrea hirata right now

Sunday August 3, 2008Enter a Twilight worldYA! FICTION
By ZAIDI AWANG
Ahead of the release of the fourth instalment of the wildly popular Twilight series tomorrow, our young reviewer shares her passion for the shadowy world created by young adult fiction author Stephenie Meyer.
READERS and critics alike are calling Stephenie Meyer the new J.K. Rowling. Her Twilight series has been a hit around the globe, and she has fans on tenterhooks awaiting the release (tomorrow, in Malaysia) of the fourth instalment, Breaking Dawn.

If you somehow managed to miss all the fuss over Rowling抯 Harry Potter books and haven抰 even heard of Meyer, let me introduce you to the wonderful world the 35-year-old American writer has created in Twilight, and try and explain just why people are raving about it.
Let抯 start with the fundamentals. A good story has characters that bring the story to life in your imagination. Well, the Twilight series has them in spades, and none is generic.
Take 18-year-old Bella, for instance. She is an introvert who is a bit of an outcast in her school. You might be thinking, oh, what else is new. But this is not your typical angsty teen: this quiet girl ends up simultaneously falling in love with a vampire and having to hide from her boyfriend抯 kind to save her life.
The vampire in question is Edward Cullen, who, through Meyer抯 writing, exudes perfection. He is described as beautiful, cold, and hard, like a beautifully carved marble statue. He also possesses the unique ability to read people抯 minds. Even though (in Edward抯 words) he has no soul, he falls in love with Bella and, unusually for a vampire, becomes extremely protective towards her.
Especially when it comes to Bella抯 best friend, the Native American Jacob Black with whom Edward shares certain similarities. For one thing, Jacob is also smitten by Bella. The other similarity lies in Jacob抯 nature: for he, too, like Edward抯, is a supernatural creature, only he抯 a werewolf, not a vampire. Such delicious irony!

Jacob is the complete opposite of Edward. He is warm, large, and, in his nature, resembles a lovable dog almost. Bella thinks of him as her own personal sun because he抯 the one who keeps her sane when her relationship with Edward is complicated by his vampire traits and lifestyle.
Edward is protective, while Jacob is more playful and mischievous and is always getting Bella into trouble. Long story short, let抯 just say Edward and Jacob do not get along very well with each other....
What makes Meyer抯 books stand out from other vampire series, and even non-supernatural romances, is, arguably, her well-developed world. She doesn抰 just concentrate on rounding out her main characters, she works just as hard on the figures that surround Bella, Edward, and Jacob, and on giving their world proper dimension.
Edward, for instance, belongs in a coven with six other vampires, all of whom complicate his life and his romance with Bella to various degrees. Like Edward, they are all beautiful and cold, but Meyer gives them each their own distinct personality and history.
Carlisle Cullen, Edward抯 stepfather, is a doctor in Forks, the town in which Bella lives; like most doctors, he抯 usually calm and collected. Esme, Edward抯 stepmother, is kind and loving in almost a motherly and very unvampire-like way (although she looks too young to be anyone抯 mother since she was turned into a vampire while still young, and vampires don抰 age, of course).
Alice is the playful one. She is small, with the body of a dancer and, like a dancer, Alice is grace personified. Like Edward, Alice also has her own special ability: precognition, the ability to see what the future holds. Jasper, Alice抯 life partner, has the ability to control people抯 feelings

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-8-2008 06:04 PM | Show all posts
YAY!sudah dapat breaking dawn!

yeke reviews kata takbest?T_T..kalchi br nk baca malam nanti

[ Last edited by  kalchi at 4-8-2008 06:11 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 5-8-2008 08:36 PM | Show all posts

Reply #30 kalchi's post

dah habis baca. bilang eh best ke tak.
from most reviews I read, they said its no good like reading a fanfiction.
ok been overexposed to a lot of spoilers from Breaking Dawn book. basically already know what happened

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-8-2008 05:46 AM | Show all posts
terlupe ya amat buku ni dah kua. aritu mph called, takde kat umah, my mom answered the phone, br teringat.

will get the book today la, hopefully it's gonna be great

p/s: badu, will post the thing today as well. sorry for the lateness.

momod limau nk pinjam ke? bak mai sini kat pm address nk pos. kalau nk, mebe next week kalu nk pinjam ngan breaking dawn skali.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-8-2008 10:28 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by raeshad at 6/8/08 05:46 AM
terlupe ya amat buku ni dah kua. aritu mph called, takde kat umah, my mom answered the phone, br teringat.

will get the book today la, hopefully it's gonna be great

p/s: badu, will post  ...

allright raeshad, since you are already in malaysia.. after you finished reading breaking dawn, you can pass to me yarr
i will PM my add later, i have lots of books waiting to be read at home

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-8-2008 09:23 AM | Show all posts
yeay. finally finished the book this morning [with all the biziness around, it's a miracle ]

i enjoyed it very much.

without giving away too much, the novel is such a treasure to read. Now, i can say that this is truly an epic saga.

stephenie's writing style and plotline are so great and has much improved from the first 2 books! [same like Jo Rowling] i love how she separated the novel into 3 books, with one of them written from the POV of the ever lovable Jacob. i really2 love reading Jacob's head ]

I'm just wondering as to how she's going to continue the saga. i would have thought that this is a perfect ending for it.

what i love about Breaking Dawn: [SPOILER ALERT] click to hi-lite

1. Bella and Edward seems much more like a couple now! i've said that i rather like bella with jacob, but here, in this novel, i truly can see that bella belongs to edward
2. i love Reneesme!!!! and i love the fact/twist that she's imprinted to Jacob. [to any Anne Rice's fans, doesn't all of this seems too much like a Taltos to you?A child, born from a supernatural father and a human mother, who has supernatural abilities even beyond her/his father, and have accelerated growth even from her/his mother's womb? This is all too much like Taltos! ]
3. i never would have thought that stephenie would actually turn Bella into a vamp, coz i was thinking from the start that Bella was forever stalling on the idea of her turning into a vamp, and i thought stephenie wanted to maintain bella's humanity.
4. i really love Bella's powers! it's really cool to hv powers like hers

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-8-2008 09:36 PM | Show all posts
quote yg dlm siggie ni, from book 2 of Jacob's mind.

nenanti tambah quote lagik.

yg sbb suke sangat sbb, quote tu "I ran away from them, running - running just to run"

Use magic Report

Post time 13-8-2008 06:19 PM | Show all posts
Br jer abiskan twilight..Great stories...Suker sgt..

Stephanie gonna be my next collection after this...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 13-8-2008 07:36 PM | Show all posts

Reply #36 iem1985's post

oohh...another fan

go and read the next book cepat.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2008 07:49 PM | Show all posts
ドモアリガト momod for the credits

Use magic Report

Post time 13-8-2008 10:24 PM | Show all posts

Reply #37 raeshad's post

Tunggu wang saku masuk next week..

Pastu terus g bookstore beli next book..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-8-2008 09:23 AM | Show all posts

reply # 38 iem1985's post

bestnyer dpt elaun buku tetiap minggu

p/s: kita sama umur woopie

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

20-9-2024 12:43 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.150459 second(s), 37 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.