Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: weihua

perbezaan belajar kat luar negeri dan dalam negeri

[Copy link]
Post time 19-1-2008 09:33 PM | Show all posts
oh ye,pada pendapat aku lah..study mane2 pun ok je.

aku pun lepas dh balik mesia nnt,kalau nak sambung blaja aku bercadang nak sambung kat mesia je.mcm ade kawan2 aku kat cni x mau sambung blaja kat local univ,konon takut standard jatuh la..aku benci betul org x sedar diri mcm ni.

x tahan la wey lame2 kat cni.however bagus pun kat cni,aku rs balik duk mesia lg best.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-1-2008 10:12 PM | Show all posts
hurm..pasal univ kat ovsea tue aku dgr ada certain cakap kalo mampu pegila univ yg high ranking tapi kalo yg x mampu yg middle pun ok jer, jgnla terlalu rendah sgt plak...depends on course gak yea bz atau susah, kalo peringkat master mcmaner plak yea?best lg wat ovsea atau local....

Use magic Report

Post time 20-1-2008 09:57 PM | Show all posts

Reply #42 chipmunk's post

Depends on sponsor.Mcm aku sponsor aku MARA,mmg die x nak kitorang masuk univ yg x de dlm top 10 ranking.So kalau nak pilih univ,mesti pilih yg ade dlm senarai top 10 MARA (top 10 ikut courselah).Kalau petronas pun,rsnye mmg kalau postgrad mmg die akan anta ke univ top ranking je.Kalau JPA or Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi,diorang slalunye x kesah sgt.Tp univ pilihan ko mesti at least dlm top 15 or top 20 lah.

Aku x reti lah nak ckp buat kat mane lg bagus.Kalau ko nak different environment and nk merase system org,buatlah overseas.

Cume honestly,pd aku x de beza.Kelebihan study overseas mungkin dr segi exposure,environment,negara org..itu la kot.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2008 12:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by weihua at 18-5-2007 03:43 PM
nak tanya sikit.........

aku tengah fikir ..
apakah perbezaan antara belajar di luar negeri dan dalam negeri?

kalau ambil master,apakah perbezaan mereka?
kalau ambil degree,apakah perbeza ...

I'll answer based on overseas experience, cuz tak pernah pegi Uni kat sini.  First of all, where do you plan to go?  For me, USA has more challenges for us Malaysians.  

1st obstacle: language.  Not just English, you have to speak American.  Especially Malay, mampus American tak faham.... but they will ask & try to understand what U saying.  So takde nak kena gelak le cam kat sini.  Malay language is kinda "flat", no rhythm; but Indian ada cam "lagu", so American senang nak faham.  Then, "water" is not like bahasa baku British English.... American will say "warer" kinda....

2nd:  Education system.  Malaysians are used to British system; pegi sana exams are not everything!  You have to do lots of electives.  I took engineering there, but I still have to learn about economics, religions, even take golf in summer.  There's participation in classes, presentations, reports etc.  So, most high ranking uni will stress on it.  Experiments are done in groups, but bukan yg pandai je buat sorang2.  Everybody are expected to venture out, try their own hypothesis, prove it & make their own reports & conclusions.  Then, professors je hidung tinggi, tapi tak sombong; U can walk in anytime to just discuss something, your problems etc.  In fact, inside classroom: professor & students, but outside, you can be good buddies.  While I was there, I played badminton with professors every weekends & even go camping with a math professor & his wife....

3rd: Yourself.  Nobody will be your big bro or sis....  So, deal with it!  Family is at home, you'll be your own "guardian".  Other M'sian students might be there, but they can't do anything...basically.  Lots of temptations....  In the end, coming back home; your friends there will be like family to you; especially if you go to Uni yg belum jadik "little Malaysia".

Banyak lagi kalau nak list kat sini, maybe I'll add later on...  So, yeah...  My time spent in the States is gold to me...  I get to see things on a different angle compared to "Malaysians point of view".  Kinda you can take something & rotate it so that you can see the other side of it.  When you experience different culture, you're changed.  Anyway, I'm still cursing Astro for putting on football & not showing American football & worst of all : No ice hockey!!  I still enjoys our football though...

OK... gotta go!!  AFC championship is underway....   But, sadly Brett Favre & the Packers won't be in the Super Bowl this year.  I saw him winning the Super Bowl in 1996, this year maybe his last season in NFL.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-1-2008 02:45 AM | Show all posts
Mane2 pon ade challenges that u have to deal and live with.Be it states,malaysia,india,mesir ke,uk ke,aussie etc..masing2 ade pros and cons.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-1-2008 10:58 AM | Show all posts
Yep, agreed...  But, if you get a chance to go outside, jump on it.  You'll be surprised what you'll learn from being far away from home.  You'll get not just whatever formal education they offer, but most importantly life skills & maturity gained from experience there.  

Remember, how many years we learn English?  Since primary school, I'd say I haven't learn anything worthwhile to live in an English speaking community.  Yeah, we know some vocab here & there; & we know the theories etc.  Being dropped in LA for the first time, I was overwhelmed!!  I know the words & what I wanted to say, but my head was busy translating it into English.  Within a week or so, English is like water inside my head; I no longer have to think of what I'm gonna say in BM, translating it into English, find the right words, form a sentence & said it.  I was able to think straight in English, better yet American English!  How's that for a quantum leap?

One more thing, I got to learn foreign manners...  How far you stands to a person when you first met & that distance will shrink when you became a friend; and so on....  & I got to learn that it's impolite to "stare", you can look but with a stare you're apt to get "WTF are you staring at??"  If you're planning on climbing corporate ladder in a MNC, you'd be better of getting a headstart.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-1-2008 05:54 AM | Show all posts

Reply #46 Cretin.Penguin's post

very well said and agreed on ur points.

however (yes,there's a however),it depends on the person itself lah.kalau budak tuh x de inisiatif nak majukan diri sendiri,study overseas ke local ke,takat tuh jugak rsnye.contoh la,mmg aku ade member2 yg dh 4 thn blaja kat cni,tp aku rs mcm x de perkembangan ape2 sgt (maybe duk asik bergaul dgn melayu jer kot) duk kat takat tuh jugaklah.and aku ade member yg study local but she has the initiatif to improve so judging from both of them,I can easily say my friend who studies  in the local univ is far off better than the ones yg study overseas tuh.

but dont get me wrong,it's good if all the malaysian students abroad are like u.know how to grab the opportunity,mix and mingle with the locals....it's a great experience and a very good exposure.so chipmunk,kalau ko nak study overseas,jadilah mcm cretin penguin who knows how to use the opportunity.

kalau ko plan nak further study kat uk,i can give u recommendations,tips,what to do and other things that matter..or if ko nak gi states,boleh la share dgn cretin penguin.both worlds ade pros and cons nye.

[ Last edited by  farfar at 23-1-2008 05:56 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 23-1-2008 10:51 PM | Show all posts
almost all of the important aspects bout the topic are already covered by the rest of the posters.

it's great to know that there are students like c.penguin who knows how to take full advantage of the situation that s/he's in. not many do.

one important point bout stepping out to a university abroad is most definitely the fact that you're most likely going to learn how important it is to be independent and dependable. whereas in malaysia/locally, you have the comfort of falling back into your parent's arms/pocket money

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-1-2008 01:33 PM | Show all posts
You wanna do?  Master?  Given that U have sponsor & right kind of field, I'd go to overseas in a heartbeat!  But, of course I'm bias to the States!  Hahaha  I get to see lots of opportunity while I was there.  I'd say "your own imagination is the limit".  Universities in the States esp., really give you support on whatever your vision is...  Their facilities are at your disposal for you to achieve it, & the faculty will be there to help/guide you...  I've seen the Dean of my Uni brought undergraduate students' final project to NASA as a proposal & the faculty supported them all the way.

BTW, farfar....  My initial push for studying in the States was music, I wanted to see my favorite bands in concerts!!!      But, thank you for your kind words.  I think I turns out okay & learns a lot from my stint there.  I hope others can too....

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2008 12:30 AM | Show all posts

Reply #49 Cretin.Penguin's post

The fun thing about UK is the currency.Everywhere we go,the buying power is tremendous compared to other currencies.Hahaha.

Oh,and I love British accent.So sexy lah.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2008 08:35 PM | Show all posts
belajar di oversea ni satu perkara aku nampak yg korang leh explore byk menda dalam bidang ko compare ngan msia, sometimes mcm aku kat UK ni kelas mmg x banyak but they expect you to have instensive reading sbb course aku mmg kene byk membaca n of course argue dalam kelas...kalo msia sometimes exam oriented, so abis exam dah lupa sumer....but i really appreciate my experience study in UK even i'm still new here, still want to adapt their style and life ehehehe...

Use magic Report

Post time 26-1-2008 10:04 AM | Show all posts
Oh yeah, lupa lak....  Don't know about other places, but while in the States; hari raya or other festivals are non-existance & they don't care about it!  So, kalau manja dgn mak etc; susah sikit le....  ~6 years kat sana, I balik sekali je & most of hari raya was celebrated by going to exams!     Called my mom, I asked her; I said I'm okay je cuz kat sini takde "environment raya".  She said she's okay je.... but while tak dengar Sudirman nyanyi kat radio.  Ada satu lagu tu, lupa lak.... Dendang Perantau ke?

Use magic Report

Post time 31-1-2008 10:46 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by chipmunk at 19-1-2008 10:12 PM
hurm..pasal univ kat ovsea tue aku dgr ada certain cakap kalo mampu pegila univ yg high ranking tapi kalo yg x mampu yg middle pun ok jer, jgnla terlalu rendah sgt plak...depends on course gak ye ...

aku tgh wat master dekat local univ (konon top engineering school kat mesia aaa)
nyesal weh!!!!
dah 5 minggu kelas, 2 subjek out of 4 aku ambik lecturer aku tak balik cuti lagik
mmg tak pernah ada kelas langung...ganti pon takdek

memang nyesal sangat2 sambung kat dalam
ye laa orang dok cakap local univ nih boleh tahan
aku pon give a try aaa
tapi nysal tak sudah skang haaaa

tuh tak masuk lagi cerita lecturer yg cam hampeh
mmg tak motivated langsung nak abiskan master nih

why oh why aku tak balik ke alma mater aku

Use magic Report

Post time 31-1-2008 07:34 PM | Show all posts

Reply #53 lady_nF's post

kalo kat oversea ni sumer kelas mmg ada ganti kalo lect takder.Sepanjang 1st sem aku wat master mmg tak pernah miss kelas la...cuma approach master kat sini aku tak berapa suka sgt sebab sometimes quite relax n assessment dorang 100%solely on 1 essay...itu yg bengang sket sbb class participation x amik kira...tp tiap mgu aku kene prepare for class discussion la...mcm tutorial

tgk kwn2 aku kat UK ni leh kata ramai gak yg slalu bz ngan kelas n assignment...sistem kat UK mmg mcmni yea.. nak skor mmg susah giler nak pass ok, ntahla...aku cuak tgu result sem1 aku ni huhu

Use magic Report

Post time 19-2-2008 07:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lady_nF at 31-1-2008 10:46 AM

aku tgh wat master dekat local univ (konon top engineering school kat mesia aaa)
nyesal weh!!!!
dah 5 minggu kelas, 2 subjek out of 4 aku ambik lecturer aku tak balik cuti lagik
mmg tak pe ...

huikkk?? apsal ko komplen nih sebijik cam member aku komplen kat blog dia? adakah ko member aku? takper... nnt aku nyampuk kat blog ko ek.. hehehe

anyway... nak nyampuk sket sbb baca byk yg ckp study kat oversea senang... isskk.... korang nih pon agak2 laaa...
kat oversea tuh blambak negara.... dalam sebijik negara belambak univ... so takleh generalised camtuh.... kalau kena masuk univ yg ranking nyer normal2... then senang aaah kot... ada laaa kot univ yg high ranking senang jugak... tatau.. sbb tak survey abis2an.. but so far review from frens yg masuk univ high ranking (bila sebut high ranking doesn't mean yg korang biasa dgr... tapi referring to those top rankings kat usnews yer... by major obviously...) takda yg ckp senang.... ada klas  9-9, ada yg  sambil  buat projek utk one class, sambil letak buku utk study for another class... ada plak yg for the same class... got exam, proj due, quiz, homework due... all for the same class... all on the same week.... and paling best... ada plak yg jgn harap lerr leh meniru.... exam back to back... and byk lagiklaa kalau nak citer....

aisey.. ank balek umah.. sok saya sambung yer....

Use magic Report

Post time 28-10-2009 12:24 AM | Show all posts
belajar kat malaysia nak makan apa pon bley...kat overc tak dapat...windunyerr makanan malaysia.....
lecturer tak panggil sir..panggil nama dier jerr...mula2 tuh terkujat gak aku...yolaaa cam rude ah ...
Robab Post at 21-5-2007 22:15

Ya Allah dengan lecturer pakai panggil nama jer? heh....

Macam ni ke :

Peter, can you tell me how to calculate this?

Btw, kawan aku ada cite yg lecturer dia omputeh simpan rambut panjang...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-10-2009 12:28 AM | Show all posts
lisa dah pernah belajar kat u di malaysia (near satu thn)...... & oversea (6thn)......

yg lisa leh bgth arr from apa yg tahu.....perbezaannya

language
oversea--- mmg guna english but ikut arr ...
Eddlisa_uyuk Post at 24-5-2007 02:12

Lisa belajar kat ner?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

6-6-2024 09:47 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.074628 second(s), 39 queries .