Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: SweetCandy

AMERICAN IDOL 7

[Copy link]
Post time 9-5-2008 04:26 PM | Show all posts

Reply #160 virgomal's post

anyway korang....

BILA MOMOD BERSATU... THE DAVID's MENJADI MILIKKU....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-5-2008 04:28 PM | Show all posts

Reply #156 virgomal's post

kesian lagik tgk DA.. sore pun kenkadang semput....
mata asik nak kejam jer....

larik............................

Use magic Report

Post time 9-5-2008 04:29 PM | Show all posts

Reply #160 virgomal's post

edit

[ Last edited by  tig_cun at 9-5-2008 04:38 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 9-5-2008 04:39 PM | Show all posts

Reply #162 miezarra_27's post

tu le pasal...

sembunyikkkk....

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2008 01:29 AM | Show all posts
Top 3 Night: Idols Go Big Or Go Home
Posted Tue May 13 6:57pm PDT by Lyndsey Parker in Reality Rocks
Hello, and welcome to the most anti-climactic top-three week in American Idol'sseven-season history. I say that because, let's face it, Syesha Mercadoprobably has less chance of making it to next week's finale thanprevious third-placers like Jasmine Trias and Nikki McKibbin.
Sure, Sy is talented--muchmore so than Jasmine or Nikki--but this season has been steadilymarching towards an inevitable David-vs.-David showdown ever sinceformer frontrunners like Michael Johns and Carly Smithson got out ofthe Davids' way. If Syesha manages to triumph over either Cook orArchuleta this week, it'll be such a massive upset it'll make ChrisDaughtry's elimination seem less shocking than the night that ColtonBerry and Garrett Haley went home.
Speaking of going home,tonight was the "hometown" epsiode, during which the final three weresupposed to receive heroes' welcomes in their respective hometowns. Butthis season's homecomings were surprisingly un-homey. I mean, wherewere the tickertape parades, the keys to the city, the high school pepsquads, the proudly sobbing moms, the cardboard-and-glitterglue signs?Sheesh, even Katharine McPhee got a warmer welcome from her jaded L.A.peers when she returned "home" to Sherman Oaks in season 5.
Anyway, tonightthe three finalists all got to sing three songs: one chosen by thejudges, one they chose themselves, and one chosen by AmIdolproducers. So first squeaky-clean Archie headed home to squeaky-cleanSalt Lake City, where the mayor informed him he would be singing BillyJoel's "And So It Goes," a personal pick by Paula Abdul. ApparentlyPaula didn't remember when that song led to the downfall of anotherMormon Idol, Carmen Rasmussen, back in season 2. (Carmen wasin the bottom two the week she struggled through this Billy ballad, andshe went home the following week.) Well, David sang it better thanCarmen did--although I do recall Carmen kept her eyes openthroughout her performance, unlike Archie, who squints so much when hesings that he almost looks like a prepubescent Andrea Bocelli.
I'm sorry, but when it comes to David Archuleta, I Just. Don't. Get. It.He's simply notmy cup of Celestial Seasonings. Me and (apparently) mostof the rest of America will just have to agree to disagree on thismatter. It's too late to turn me into an Archuleta supporter at thispoint.
Syesha was next, cruising in a limo through her hometown of Tampa, Florida, where she received a Mission: Impossible-styletext from Randy Jackson instructing her to cover Alicia Keys' "If IAin't Got You" tonight. That's a tough song to tackle, but she seemedinexplicably delighted with this choice, and Randy claimed to havefaith in Sy. Either that, or he wanted to ensure her elimination bygiving her a REAL mission impossible, a song she'd be likely to screwup. Well, she didn't screw it up, but she didn't exactly rockit, either. She sang it well enough, give or take a few sharp notes,and she looked fabulous while singing it in the type of floor-length,jewel-encrusted gown that Jennifer Hudson should have worn tothe Oscars (instead of that bizarre Martian bolero jacket thingy)...butSy's rendition still had an old-fashioned, beauty-pageanty vibe to it,as have many of her past performances. I simply was not wowed. Neitherwere the judges.
David Cook appeared third, and he was informed on morning television that Idol憇meanest judge, Simon Cowell, had meanly selected the decidedlynon-rockin' Roberta Flack ballad "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" forthe show's resident rocker. Ouch. David might've been able to rock outon Lionel Richie's "Hello" and Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean," but thistune was going be a REAL challenge. I suppose that was Simon's wholepoint, but I was nervous for Cook. David looked pretty nervous himself,sweating next to Ryan Seacrest onstage as he prepared for hisdo-or-die, make-or-break performance. Well, it was...um, not good. Not horrific(that would be the adjective I'd use to describe Archuleta's secondsong--more on that white-hot mess later), but it was obvious Cook wasreally straining. His usually gruff, resonant voice was suddenly thinand unsure, and he'd lost a whole lot of his guitar-pick-flickingswagger.
Damn that Simon! What was he trying to do here? Doeshe WANT Syesha in the finale or something? Come on, now. Nobody wantsthat. Nobody except Syesha and her immediate family, that is. So whywas Simon trying to throw Cook off his game like that?
Oh,perhaps we'll never know what goes on underneath that flat-top ofSimon's. But anyway, David The C's disappointing performance wasquickly forgotten when the other David returned to sing hispersonal song choice, Chris Brown's "With You." Now, Archie probablythought this was a good choice for his little girly fans, the tweenswho'd inevitably swoon as their imagined loverboy waded knee-deepthrough this R&B mushfest. But man, Archie made a major mistakehere. Talk about swagger...you look up "swagger" in your Funk &Wagnall's and you'll see the entry, "see Brown, Chris." ButArchie has about as much swagger as a chihuahua. Or, to morespecifically quote Simon, a "chihuahua trying to be tiger." Archuletawas so out of his depth here, the poor boy needed a scuba mask. He wasjust so embarrassingly Wonderbread-white that he came off more likeCasper The Ghost when he sang that line about his "boo."
Boo, indeed. Boo!!!
Nextwas Syesha, who in what seemed like an act of last-dash desperationchose the forcedly, formulaically cabaret song "Fever." She did herdarnedest to sex up this already sexy song, flashing her oiled-up legsand wriggling on a Flashdance-style chair throughout herperformance, but it still came across as dinner-theater schlock. And itseemed a little more like "Katharine McPheever" than "Fever" to me. Orremember Haley Scarnato doing "Tell Him" in her short-shorts, trying todistract/attract the audience with her Grable-esque gams? Well, it wassort of like that, too. The whole "I've got nothing else keeping me inthis competition so I guess I'll just look as smokin' hot as possibleand hope all the Maxim readers out there vote for me" tactic. This annoyed me. Well, that and all the sharp notes Syesha hit. Youch.
David Cook's personal choice was Switchfoot's "Dare You To Move," and he was back in his comfort zone. A little toomuch in his comfort zone, if you ask me. He was good, but it was hardlya defining moment for him. It won't be the performance everyone will begabbing about around the watercooler tomorrow morning. Maybe he oughtto have flashed his legs, actually. I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing a little Cook skin. But I digress.
Forthe final round, the contestants sang songs selected by the show'sproducers. David Archuleta went back to his comfort zone (treaclyschmaltz-pop) for Dan Fogelberg's "Longer" (he was socomfortable, in fact, that he sat in a chair for the entireperformance); Syesha attempted, for the most part unsuccessfully, toget funky on the Happy Feet reggae-pop number "Hit Me Up";and David Cook employed an entire orchestra for the Diane Warren-pennedAerosmith power ballad "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" (which is NOT oneof the best songs ever written, despite what Simon says).
All three final performances were, well, kind of underwhelming.
Wow,what a ho-hum leadup to what is supposed to be TV's most excitingnight, next week's big blowout finale at the Nokia Theater. Tonight waspretty status quo stuff: no shakeups, no thrills, no chills. So Syeshawill go home tomorrow, as expected, and the countdown toDavid-vs.-David will officially begin.
Tune in tomorrow to see if I'm right. Oh, but who I am I kidding here? You know I'm right...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2008 10:07 AM | Show all posts
Chic tak tengok.....

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 15-5-2008 10:33 AM | Show all posts

Reply #166 chicsee's post

tak rugi... DC nyanyi tak bes

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2008 12:37 PM | Show all posts
Two Davids to do battle on "American Idol" finale

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-5-2008 12:44 PM | Show all posts
"After 56 million votes, America has decided that the two people going head-to-head in our finale next week are David Archuleta and ... David Cook," the show's host Ryan Seacrest said during the live broadcast, sending Mercado home.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2008 02:35 PM | Show all posts

Reply #168 fatz2's post

dah agak dahh....

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2008 04:47 PM | Show all posts

Reply #168 fatz2's post

Eh eh....spoiler.....

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2008 09:23 PM | Show all posts
David VS David...yesh....i choose DC!!!!!CREATIVE!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2008 03:10 AM | Show all posts

Reply #172 KRUfan's post

yeayyyy :pompom::pompom:

hom pong pilih DC... tapi DA ramai peminat esp teenagers  despite kesangauan dia tu

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2008 11:53 AM | Show all posts
IAn pilih DC
tapi kalau DC tak dapat #1 pun t5akpe sbb selalunya yg jadi idol tak berapa fofular
moral of the sory, biar lah DA jadi AI

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2008 12:44 PM | Show all posts

Reply #174 iansuryani's post

ian... tapi hom nak DC menang gak

Use magic Report

Post time 22-5-2008 02:35 PM | Show all posts
hmmm..... and welll the winner is.................................................

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-5-2008 12:45 AM | Show all posts

Reply #176 tig_cun's post

While "Idol" ratings were down all season, the final contest provoked a frenzy with a record 97.5 million audience votes cast by phone and text. Last year's total vote count was 74 million.

Early in the show, host Ryan Seacrest played it coy, announcing that the split between the two contestants was 56 percent for one David, 44 percent for the other. Of course he left in question who got the lion's share; that detail wouldn't come until the closing moments of the two-hour live broadcast.

DC 56% = 54.6 j
DA 44% = 42.9 j

diff : 11.7 j

Use magic Report

Post time 23-5-2008 12:46 AM | Show all posts
David Cook is the new "American Idol"

Associated Press - May 21, 2008 10:23 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (AP) - David Cook is the new "American Idol."

The former bartender from Blue Springs, Missouri, beat out DavidArchuleta of Murray, Utah, to win the seventh season of the show.

Host Ryan Seacrest says 97.5 million votes were cast, beating theprevious record by 23 million votes. Cook won 56% of the vote, whileArchuleta got 44%. Cook beat Archuleta by 12 million votes.

Cook hugged his brother and said, "This is all your fault." Cook'sbrother had wanted to audition for the show and Cook had auditionedwith him on a whim.

:pompom: :pompom: :pompom:

[fly]DAVID COOK ROCKS!!!![/fly]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

9-6-2024 03:44 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.461948 second(s), 40 queries .