Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: maffa

‖► XBOX 360+KINECT

[Copy link]
Post time 24-12-2006 05:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by solidsnake at 23-12-2006 02:40 PM
yo vixen..kau ada byk game ori kn..jual la kt aku yg kau dh xnk main..just now i oni have fifa 07 and gears of war..me support ori ma..

err hehe my games are for keeps..for collection sake...sorry..

:tq: And my hats off to you bro for supporting ori..

I bet you bought the xbox360 for Gears of War,right? hehe..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-12-2006 07:08 PM | Show all posts
yea,me bought xbox360 for the sake of gears of war..^^

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2006 08:19 AM | Show all posts
OMFG!

My xbox360 just died on me! Turned it on and I got the much dreaded 3ROD.Damn.........!!!!:agr:

[ Last edited by  vixen at 25-12-2006 08:32 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2006 08:45 AM | Show all posts
uh oh. Please keep us updated. Christmas morning still playing aa?

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2006 04:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DemonOnion at 25-12-2006 08:45 AM
uh oh. Please keep us updated. Christmas morning still playing aa?

Well not to play exactly,I booted it up to download stuff...

Anyway,I tried troubleshooting:unplugged and re-plugged the Power,Video cable,and the HDD unit but the problem persist.The 3 red lights keeps on flashing after booting up.

Then I determined the error message by following some procedures and I got 0102 error code : Cause Unknown.

Yes,my xbox360 is incapacitated.Gone-case,after exactly 10 months in use.

And I probably won't bother attempting to rectify/repair it with all the DIY fix-it methods as 0102 3RODs are normally irrevocable hardware failure.

Oh well,looks I have to get another sh!tbox360,and this time I'll insist on warranty.So,my best option would be to obtain Asian/Singapore set.

[ Last edited by  vixen at 25-12-2006 04:32 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2006 04:57 PM | Show all posts
wait, i've read somewhere that you need to plug the thing directly to the wall socket, or use a voltage regulator or something, and a number of owners did that, solved the problem. Since the PSU for it does require enormous amount of power and as you already know, Malaysian power supply fluctuates like crazy (220 - 235 voltage swings, if im not mistaken)

[ Last edited by  DemonOnion at 25-12-2006 05:02 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 25-12-2006 09:28 PM | Show all posts
Thanks for the suggestion.Appreciate it.

I may be wrong here,but it is usually the error code 0001 that indicates bad power supply.

OTOH,the error code 0102 (which is what my xbox360 is having) is indicative of a general hardware malfunction.My assumption is that most likely the video processor or some RAM chips are damaged.And the culprit could be heat.

But will give it a shot though.

And to other xbox360 owners here,if you start experiencing graphical artefacts (pixelations,etc) and random lock-ups especially during gameplay then do start worrying as these are symptomatic of 3ROD.

[ Last edited by  vixen at 25-12-2006 10:15 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2006 11:32 PM | Show all posts
pity on u..hope i not get 3ROD..my xbox is oni 4 days old...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-12-2006 12:06 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by vixen at 25-12-2006 09:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.Appreciate it.

I may be wrong here,but it is usually the error code 0001 that indicates bad power supply.

OTOH,the error code 0102 (which is what my xbox360 is havin ...

so you did not attach any cooling mechanism whatsoever?in malaysia?damn, that's really pushing it, even if you're playing in an air conditioned room.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2006 12:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DemonOnion at 26-12-2006 12:06 AM

so you did not attach any cooling mechanism whatsoever?in malaysia?damn, that's really pushing it, even if you're playing in an air conditioned room.

Actually,attaching cooling devices(especially the ones that share the power) is a big no-no as they do more harm than good.

My experience with the NYKO-INTERCOOLER is testament to this.

When I was using it on my xbox360 I used to get frequent 4 red lights (not 3ROD,but 4 red lights) until I finally decided to detach it,and the 4 red lights went away.It seems that the NYKO cooling device was messing with the voltage.

I am not sure about other products,so I can't comment.

And my room has AC but I seldom turn it on when I am playing and prefer to use a high-speed fan to blow directly at both the console and power brick as it is far more effective in keeping the console cool.

There is enough space for ventilation/heat-dispersion on all sides of my console.And my gaming sessions never exceed 2 hours at any one time.So I could not have stressed out my console.

And knowing our tropical climate,I took every step I possibly could to keep it from overheating.So I am perplexed as to what went wrong...

I always thought that 3ROD is a result of end-user error and not design/manufacturing-flaw,until it happened to me.

[ Last edited by  vixen at 26-12-2006 07:20 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2006 12:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by solidsnake at 25-12-2006 11:32 PM
pity on u..hope i not get 3ROD..my xbox is oni 4 days old...

No worries...I'm over the initial shock..and  I am okay now,I think.

Check the date on the rear of your console,if yours is the new batch,circa 2006,then it *should* be okay.

But even latest batch have been reported to fail.So be extra careful.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2006 02:24 PM | Show all posts
hmmm...you used a fan to blow air straight onto the power brick? I've read somewhere that this might inhibit air flow from inside the power brick itself. But i don't own a 360, so i don't know. U plan on sending it for repairs?

Hmmm, this makes me really worried to buy a 360 since my gaming sessions usually lasts for around 4-5 hours.

[ Last edited by  DemonOnion at 26-12-2006 02:25 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2006 08:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DemonOnion at 26-12-2006 02:24 PM
hmmm...you used a fan to blow air straight onto the power brick?

I've read somewhere that this might inhibit air flow from inside the power brick itself.

The hot-air outlets on the power-brick is at the rear.

The flow from my fan is directed to the front of the power-brick where the air intake holes are located.

So I suppose the flow from my fan actually aids the air-circulation inside the power-brick rather than restrict/inhibit,and helps dispel the hot-air from the back.

And my power-brick still works fine with the Green-LED lighting up.

So I think we  can rule that out.

Well I am planning to get a new console,possibly next week.I am not setting my hopes high on getting it repaired as 3ROD failures are often unsalvageable.

I think the best anyone can do right now is make sure that their purchased Xbox360 is covered by warranty by either the retailer and/or by Microsoft SG.So get an Asian/SG set and you are safe for at least a year.

[ Last edited by  vixen at 27-12-2006 01:34 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 27-12-2006 09:00 PM | Show all posts

HMMMMM......

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163599.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

Microsoft extends Xbox 360 warranty
Original 90-day coverage policy extended to one year; software giant to automatically send out reimbursement checks for repairs.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Dec 23, 2006 9:16 pm PT
After continued reports of Xbox 360 owners experiencing hardware problems, Microsoft in September acknowledged that its original batch of systems was experiencing a higher than normal rate of failure.It also committed to repairing for free any system made before January 1, 2006 and providing refunds for "the small group of customers who have already paid for repairs."

That small group of people who have had their repair costs refunded i
---------------

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

rajautara This user has been deleted
Post time 28-12-2006 12:03 PM | Show all posts
forgive my ignorance...

how do you set up for xbox live? kena ada streamyx dulu ke? and then
macam mana dengan charges dia? ada medium lain ke selain dari streamyx? ada modems or whatsoever involved in this?

sorry kalau RU menggangu semua..

Use magic Report

Post time 28-12-2006 02:04 PM | Show all posts
walaupun aku tak tau pe dia 3ROD, tapi mmg padan muka dgn Richie :pmuka:

tot31, pe sbb gejala ni bole berlaku? takkanla bila nak main xbox360 je kene pasang aircon lps tu nak tala kipas lagi? perghh mahal la bil letrik camtu.. :geram:

utk si Richie mmg takde masalah la, dia anak org kaya...:jeling:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-12-2006 10:36 PM | Show all posts
Damn it la 3ROD ni. Hmm..i better wait for March 2007 batches. They say the new ones will incorporate the 65nm technology which was supposed to combat the overheating problem faced by xbox360. Takpe, good things come for those who wait

Use magic Report

Post time 1-1-2007 12:28 PM | Show all posts
hello everibodi, which xbox 360 is better? asian version or the japanese version? which one is fuss free after mod, and how about using a stepdown VR for it?

Use magic Report

Post time 2-1-2007 10:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by rajautara at 28-12-2006 12:03 PM
forgive my ignorance...

how do you set up for xbox live? kena ada streamyx dulu ke? and then
macam mana dengan charges dia? ada medium lain ke selain dari streamyx? ada modems or whatsoever in ...

Yes you need broadband for XBL.Streamyx will do.Just connect the xbox360 console with the ethernet cable to your  Streamyx modem/router.Set up is simple.And of course got subscription fees if you want to play online.About rm180 for 12 months plus you get free one month after signing up.

Cheers.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-1-2007 11:38 PM | Show all posts
arrggghhhh macam mana ni wei? which one is better? japan set or asian set?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

8-7-2024 02:01 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069827 second(s), 43 queries .