Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: reeves

Michael Jackson

[Copy link]
Post time 1-1-2004 11:26 PM | Show all posts

Michael Jackson under fire on brutality claim

MICHAEL Jackson was threatened with new criminal charges yesterday for accusing Californian police of brutality during his arrest for child sex abuse.

Santa Barbara sheriffs department rejected Jackson's claims he was roughed up by officers, dislocating his shoulder, and then later locked in a dirty toilet cubicle and taunted for 45 minutes.
California's Attorney-General's office has been asked to investigate the claims, made in a TV interview aired in the US last week.

Sheriff Jim Anderson said he treated the allegations as a formal complaint. If they were groundless he would ask that Jackson face charges of making a false report.

"I think Mr Jackson has seriously hurt his credibility," he said.

"He was in no way manhandled or abused. I am shocked and troubled by his allegations."

Sheriff Anderson played video and audio tapes taken during the hour it took to arrest, book and bail Jackson.

The singer, who is facing nine counts of child abuse, can be heard whistling and humming during his ride with sheriffs from the Santa Barbara airport where he surrendered, to the local jail.

At one point Jackson is heard saying he was wonderful when asked how he was doing.

But then he is heard complaining his handcuffs hurt. "They're tight," he said. An officer advised him to "scoot forward a little bit".

Sheriff Anderson said the handcuffs were quickly removed at the jail, where staff noted the positions of the handcuffs met proper handcuffing procedures.

In his first interview since his arrest, Jackson said his shoulder was dislocated and he was manhandled when arresting officers put handcuffs on him, hurting his wrists, arms and back.

"My shoulder is dislocated, literally. It's hurting me very badly. I'm in pain all the time," Jackson said.

"Now I can't move. It keeps me from sleeping at night."

The sheriff said that neither Jackson nor his entourage had complained during the arrest.

Jackson also accused police of locking him in a toilet for 45 minutes.

"There was doo-doo, faeces, thrown all over the walls, the floor, the ceiling. And it stunk so bad," Jackson said.

Sheriff Anderson said Jackson was taken to a holding cell with a toilet after requesting to use rest room.

He said Jackson spent a maximum of 15 minutes at the cell and that it had been cleaned just before Jackson's request.

But Californian legal experts cast doubt on the likelihood Jackson could face further charges, saying the interview did not constitute a formal complaint.

Attorney-General Bill Lockyer has ordered an investigation.

Jackson, who is facing more than 20 years in jail for allegedly molesting a 12-year-old boy, is due to appear in court on January 16.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-1-2004 11:48 AM | Show all posts

Jackson adviser: 'Great emotional toll' on family

CNN) -- A Michael Jackson TV special aired Friday night on CBS, featuring the singer's hits, dance moves and friends, but no mention of the child molestation charges against him. The show was postponed in November but aired after Jackson discussed the charges on the CBS show "60 Minutes."

CNN anchor Andrea Koppel spoke Saturday with Firpo Carr, a Jackson family spiritual adviser, about the Jacksons' point of view.

KOPPEL: I wanted to ask you and I'm sure a lot of people are wondering just how Michael is doing and how his family are doing.

CARR: Well, Michael is cautiously optimistic. He knows he's innocent of the charges filed against him. The family is understandably concerned. Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother, her children, grandchildren, other relatives are under the emotional crush of all of this.

It's kind of sad, most people don't know that, when his young nieces and nephews go to school and what have you, they get teased, "Your uncle's a molester," that sort of thing. These are things off camera or out of the news, but it's a great emotional toll on the family.

KOPPEL: You've been a friend of theirs for about the last 10 or 11 years, how is it that you and other friends are supporting them now?

CARR: Well, I'd like to direct them to the Scriptures. Michael's mother is one of the Jehovah's Witnesses, and so is his older sister and her husband and family. They all have a Witness background so they're familiar with the Bible but I like to refer them to Scriptures and to let them know that this, too, shall pass.

So that's the best advice I can give them. And they're holding up understandably well given the circumstances. I hate to say that Mrs. Jackson is not doing real well. She kind of hides her stress but it becomes manifest in various ways to the point where sometimes she needs to visit the doctor.

We're confident all of this will pass, as I mentioned, and giving them spiritual encouragement is what so far I think is keeping their heads above water.

KOPPEL: I'm sure that can be of comfort to an adult, but what about the children and especially Michael's three children?

CARR: Well, pretty much, it's my understanding, they're trying to shield this from the children, Michael's children, so that they don't really know what's going on. They don't know what's happening with daddy. They see daddy happy all the time.

He's so concerned with the children, not only his own, but all children. He wants to shield them from this negativity, that could eventually be damaging to them in later years. They love their father. They hate to be without him ... they are so fond of him and he's fond of them and, as I've mentioned, all children.

It's not just of any particular race. His approach is multicultural and his fan base is multicultural and they're all rooting for him. As far as his children are concerned they're doing reasonably well.

KOPPEL: I know you and others have taken issue with the way sometimes the media and pundits who appear in the media have portrayed Michael's relationship with children and, in particular, with his comments that he sleeps with children. Why don't you clarify things for us.

CARR: I sure will. Thank you for the opportunity to do so, Andrea.

I would like to say, first of all, Michael Jackson has never stated that he slept with any child. What he said is that he would share his bed with them. That is to say the way I would share a comb with my friend. We're not using it at the same time, but I am sharing it with them, it is my comb.

Michael has stated repeatedly that he has slept on the floor. Even with his interview with "60 minutes," he compared child molesters to a serial-killing murderous person known as Jack the Ripper. So what he did was reaffirm his hatred and disdain for child molesters, which he is not.

In fact, he is so innocent of that, he is so far removed from that, that he said, although I haven't done so I wouldn't mind sleeping with a child because I'm not that way. I'm not a pedophile. When he said sleeping, I like to emphasize that's what he meant, sleeping, not having sex with, which is disdainful and disturbing and horrible to him and horrifying to him.

What he said was, I wouldn't mind sleeping, and that's something that has happened [in] the black community for quite some time, when you have large families and what have you or if they're visiting somewhere, it's not unusual. In the past, especially down South, when there was segregation and you couldn't stay in the white hotels you had to stay with friends and family and it wasn't unusual to have an adult sleeping with the child. Just that -- sleeping.

[ Last edited by fly_in_d_sky on 4-1-2004 at 11:49 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 5-1-2004 10:22 AM | Show all posts

Jackson Jury Selection Process Attacked

LOS ANGELES - When the law speaks of defendants being entitled to a jury of their peers, it's obvious no one contemplated Michael Jackson's place in the justice system.

The millionaire pop music star, who is charged with committing lewd acts on a child, is in a class of his own.

But should his lawyer decide to challenge Santa Barbara County's jury-selection process as skewed against him, it would be possible to do so on one issue: whether it systematically excludes racial minorities. That issue already has been a subject of legal challenges in Santa Barbara County.

One of those cases is pending before a state appeals court. A judge found that Hispanics were being excluded from juries because of the manner in which jurors were summoned for service.

For Jackson, the problem is compounded by the lack of blacks in Santa Maria, where his case would be tried. Census figures show blacks represent just 2.3 percent of Santa Barbara County's population.

The issue under consideration by the appellate court is a lack of follow-up to jury summonses by the jury commissioner's office. The commissioner sends out questionnaires to prospective panelists but does not follow up if they are not returned, said Santa Barbara attorney James Herman, a past president of the state bar.

"You wind up with a self-selecting jury pool," he said.

The lack of follow-up results in "a volunteer jury," said Los Angeles criminal defense attorney Steve Cron, who is familiar with the procedure. He said many Hispanics in the agricultural areas around Santa Maria are farm laborers who might not return the jury summons because they can't afford to take time off work for jury service.

Loyola University Law School Professor Laurie Levenson said the Jackson case could provide an unexpected twist: that Santa Barbara County residents who normally would not answer a jury summons may do so now with the high-profile trial looming.

Jackson's arraignment on seven counts of performing lewd or lascivious acts on a child under 14 and two counts of administering an intoxicating agent is scheduled for Jan. 16. Until then, all warrants and affidavits in the case will be sealed.

Cron said the law guarantees defendants a jury taken from a cross-section of the community in which they live. But that cross-section in Santa Maria would have few blacks.

Los Angeles defense attorney Harland Braun said there is no question Jackson would have a better chance with a multiracial jury.

"Blacks still tend to regard him as a hero," he said. "Whites look at him as a weirdo."

Braun suggested the defense should try to move the case out of Santa Barbara County to a more urban, racially diverse area such as Los Angeles or San Francisco. But he said the legal argument for change of venue should not be racially based.

"I would challenge on the basis of the district attorney having polluted the potential jury pool in Santa Barbara County with his pretrial comments," Braun said.

District Attorney Tom Sneddon was criticized for his sometimes sarcastic demeanor after authorities issued an arrest warrant for Jackson in November.

In rejecting suggestions that he timed the arrest to coincide with the release of Jackson's latest album, Sneddon said, "Like the sheriff and I are really into that kind of music."

He later joked with reporters that the Jackson case would bring money into the county, saying "we need your sales tax to support our offices."

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2004 03:02 AM | Show all posts
in real life, aku tak suka sgt michael jackson nie.... tapi musically, he's nearly perfect. Dgn suara paling sedap di planet nie (ader org cakap), bakat menari, no doubt he's the best selling male artists.. selepas Elvis & The Beatles.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2004 08:27 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Muntz at 7-1-2004 03:02 AM:
in real life, aku tak suka sgt michael jackson nie.... tapi musically, he's nearly perfect. Dgn suara paling sedap di planet nie (ader org cakap), bakat menari, no doubt he's the best selling male  ...

pasal MJ punya lifestyle tu blakang cite
yg sure ... karier dia .. muzik & cara dia menari yg unik ...
kira talent MJ mmg best ler ...

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2004 09:02 PM | Show all posts

Dick Gregory Calls for Jackson Support

BOSTON -- Having just ended a 40-day fast to show support for Michael Jackson, comedian Dick Gregory says he's resolved to do what it takes to prove his friend is innocent of child molestation charges.

Gregory, the 71-year-old entertainer-activist, says he has known Jackson for more than 20 years.

"I would leave a child of mine with him, sure I would," Gregory said in a telephone interview from his hotel room in Alexandria, Va.

"If you had a choice between leaving a child with him or Crocodile Dundee, who would you pick?" Gregory said, referring to television's "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin, who was videotaped recently holding his month-old son while hand-feeding a crocodile.

For the past 40 days, Gregory, who lives in Plymouth, lived on a daily diet of a gallon of water mixed with eight lemons, and a cup and a half of maple syrup. His weight dropped from 159 pounds down to 124 pounds.

To further show his support for Jackson, Gregory planned to head for Los Angeles on Wednesday, where he hoped to encourage fans the world over to hold vigils and prayer ceremonies in the singer's support.

"If you believe he's innocent, then join us in the prayer vigil and pray that the truth will come out," Gregory said.

Gregory said when he started the fast, his doctors were worried because he had just overcome lymphoma that invaded his lower stomach, upper lung and spleen.

Jackson, 45, was arrested on Nov. 20 and booked for investigation of child molestation by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 7-1-2004 09:11 PM | Show all posts

Jackson returns passport to authorities, but did he use it?

Michael Jackson has again surrendered the passport Santa Barbara authorities briefly returned to him so he could travel to Great Britain on business, although there was no indication he ever used it.

Santa Barbara County District Attorney Thomas Sneddon took Jackson's passport after the singer was booked in November on child molestation charges.

Sneddon later returned it so Jackson could travel to Britain between Dec. 20 and Jan. 6 -- Tuesday -- to meet what the singer said were long-standing contractual obligations.

Sneddon later demanded that Jackson prove he was going to Britain or return the passport after he said he heard reports the entertainer had canceled his trip.

On Dec. 24 he issued a statement saying the matter had been resolved with Jackson and his attorney Mark Geragos agreeing "upon a process to cover any release of the passport to Mr. Jackson through January 6, 2004, the agreed-to time period."

Susan Tellem of the public relations firm Tellem Worldwide, which is handling media calls for Sneddon, confirmed in an e-mail Tuesday that Jackson has returned the passport. She did not immediately return a call for comment on whether Jackson provided Sneddon with proof of travel.

Jackson family friend Brian Oxman said Tuesday he didn't know for sure if Jackson had traveled. But he said one of Jackson's brothers, Randy Jackson, told him the commitments in Britain had been canceled.

"He said that plans had changed," Oxman said.

At the time of Sneddon's Dec. 22 demand, Jackson's then-spokesman, Stuart Backerman, said he believed plans for the trip were still on. A week later, he announced his resignation -- though Jackson attorney Mark Geragos said he was actually fired for speaking to the news media during a Jackson family get-together Dec. 20 at the entertainer's Neverland estate near Santa Barbara.

Jackson's new spokesman, Kevin McLin, did not return calls for comment Tuesday.

Jackson was still in the United States as recently as Christmas Day, when he taped an interview with "60 Minutes" in a Los Angeles hotel room to deny the molestation charges.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2004 12:03 AM | Show all posts
..what's so great about MJ convert to Muslim? .....:stp:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-1-2004 11:39 AM | Show all posts

Judge to Look at Media in Jackson Case

Judge in Michael Jackson Child Molestation Case Faces New Decisions on Media Access

LOS ANGELES Jan. 8

Use magic Report

madik This user has been deleted
Post time 9-1-2004 02:41 PM | Show all posts
belum

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2004 05:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by madik at 9-1-2004 02:41 PM:
belum

per yg belum?

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2004 05:30 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by True-X at 9-1-2004 12:03 AM:
..what's so great about MJ convert to Muslim? .....:stp:

hmm....:stp:

to much publicity these days...

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2004 09:58 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by rhoyo at 9-1-2004 05:30 PM:
hmm....:stp:

to much publicity these days...

MJ tak convert Islam kan? cuma rumours jer .....

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2004 03:47 AM | Show all posts
confirm rumours... selagi takder keluar mass news about this.. aku takkan percaya..

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2004 11:08 AM | Show all posts

Michael Jackson finds new,luxurious pad in Beverly Hills

Embattled US pop superstar Michael Jackson has rented a luxurious hillside mansion in Beverly Hills after he said he could no longer live in his Neverland Ranch in central California, an website report said Thursday.

The new residence is a massive, 20-million-dollar estate that overlooks a children's park in Coldwater Canyon.

"It's one of the crown jewels of Beverly Hills," a real estate source was quoted as saying.

The website report said the 37,000-square-foot mansion, sitting on 2.25 acres in one of the most exclusive areas of north Beverly Hills, has nine bedroom suites, 10 baths, a theater, a tennis court and indoor and outdoor swimming pools.

It said Jackson took over the mansion in early December. The estate is owned by a group of Asian businessmen, who tried to sell the house, but took it off the market in October.

The house was reputedly rented for Jackson by Leonard Muhammad, the chief of staff for the Nation of Islam, a controversial black Muslim separatist group. The report said Muhammad played a key role as Jackson's gatekeeper in his seven counts of molesting a 13- year-old child. Spokespersons for Jackson have denied the star's link to the Islam group.

Jackson was freed on Nov. 20 after surrendering to Santa Barbara police and posting a three-million-dollar bail. He is to be arraigned on Jan. 16.

In an interview with the CBS "60 Minutes" program on Christmas night, Jackson said he would not live in his Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara County any more after it was "trashed" by police who searched the property on November 18, when the singer was away in Las Vegas.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2004 03:06 PM | Show all posts

Jackson Leasing Beverly Hills Mansion

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Michael Jackson, who says he'll never live at his Neverland Ranch again, has found a $20 million substitute.

The pop star is leasing a cliffside estate described as the "crown jewel of Beverly Hills" with panoramic city views, according to veteran broker Elaine Young.

Jackson, who is facing child molestation charges, signed a one-year lease with a one-year option to buy the mammoth three-story mansion, Young said. The listed lease price was $100,000 a month, but it wasn't known what Jackson was paying.

Calls to his attorney Mark Geragos weren't immediately returned Friday.

The self-described King of Pop said during a CBS-TV "60 Minutes" interview last month that Santa Barbara County sheriff's investigators searching Neverland Ranch in the Santa Ynez Valley so violated his privacy that it will never be the same for him.

"I won't live there ever again," he said. "It's a house now. It's not a home anymore. I'll only visit."

The 37,000-square-foot Beverly Hills estate, about 90 miles southeast of Neverland, was built in 1991 on 2.25 acres. It is owned by a Japanese artist and has been on the market for $20 million.

It has nine bedroom suites, 16 bathrooms, a north/south tennis court, a 3,600 square-foot ballroom/theater, an indoor swimming pool, an exercise room with sauna and steam room, a spa and a gourmet kitchen.

Jackson, 45, is charged with seven counts of performing lewd or lascivious acts upon a child under 14 and two counts of administering an intoxicating agent. He's free on $3 million bail pending arraignment Jan. 16 in Santa Maria.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-1-2004 08:04 PM | Show all posts

Jackson Family, Fans Plan Show of Support

LOS ANGELES Jan. 12

Use magic Report

Post time 14-1-2004 12:13 AM | Show all posts

Jacko Summit Draws A Crowd

(CBS/AP) Michael Jackson was nowhere to be seen as his closest advisers gathered at the posh Beverly Hills Hotel to discuss his finances, but those in attendance said the pop superstar remains fully in control of his business affairs.

The meeting Monday

Use magic Report

Post time 15-1-2004 01:58 PM | Show all posts
hey u all...aper aper pun i nie peminat setia MJ...membesar dengan musik MJ...n sampai sekarang kalu nampak MJ kat TV mesti ternganga esp. bila dier doing his dancing..memang mengagumkan.....one in a million .....tak tau ler tapi bila dier doing his Numbers boleh buat bulu roma berdiri....:eek:
ngan kes terbaru nya...ini semua adalah gara gara orang yg ingin mengaut untung drp ke naive an MJ:agr:
dier nie memang talented same level ngan Elvis Presley.....:2cool:

Use magic Report

Post time 15-1-2004 11:06 PM | Show all posts

The Michael Jackson Watch

Your guide to pop music's biggest thriller

Jermaine Jackson announced that a "caravan of love" -- featuring busloads of fans from across the country and around the world -- will descend on the Santa Maria courthouse for Michael's arraignment on Friday. "My brother is innocent," Jermaine said at a Monday press conference outside his parents' home. "One thousand percent innocent." He was joined by two fans wearing T-shirts bearing the message "Leave Him Alone" . . .
To prepare for the arraignment, Jackson supporters have been invited to gather, make signs and discuss media strategy at the Royal Copenhagen Inn in Solvang, California. The hotel is offering a special rate for Jackson fans of $60 a night for a three-night stay . . .

Jackson's advisors held a meeting on Monday in Beverly Hills to discuss his finances. Nearly two dozen managers, spokespeople, accountants, lawyers and confidants attended the meeting, which was chaired by Nation of Islam member Leonard Muhammad, though Jackson was not there. Music manager Charles Koppelman emerged to tell the press that the singer's finances are "just fine" . . .

The Nation of Islam's role in Jackson's affairs remains unclear. Following the financial powwow, when asked in what capacity the Nation was aiding Jackson, member Tony Muhammad told reporters, "Most of the people in the room were Jewish. This is not about any one religion" . . .

Sticking to his pledge to never make Neverland Ranch his home again in the wake of the police raid on his adult playground, Jackson recently moved into a $70,000 a month French chateau in Beverly Hills and has reportedly made plans to lease the ranch out. The 37,000-square-foot Beverly Hills mansion -- which has twelve bedrooms, two bowling lanes, parking for fifty cars and a dining room with a see-through floor overlooking an indoor pool -- is listed at $20 million and Jackson has an option to buy it if he chooses . . .

Madblast.com has launched a new version of the Michael Jackson Baby Drop game. As a cartoon Jacko moonwalks back and forth across a hotel roof, players use a basket to catch as many babies as possible in one minute . . .

The Los Angeles Times reports that Santa Maria officials are taking the policing of the Jackson trial seriously, preparing for everything from unruly mobs of Jackson fans to terrorist attacks. The Santa Maria PD is coordinating with the FBI and homeland defense departments on the plans. One of the concerns is the lack of space to accommodate the expected hordes of fans and media, as the Santa Maria courthouse has space for only sixty journalists and sixty members of the public, with another, smaller courtroom available for overflow.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

25-9-2024 10:19 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.568225 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.