CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Pelbagai] ...Quotes on Reading, Writing @ Literature...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 1-1-2018 01:06 AM | Show all posts
“Writers write while dreamers procastinate. ”

― Besa Kosova

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 1-1-2018 02:54 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress.”
—Philip Roth

“The road to hell is paved with adverbs.”
—Stephen King

Use magic Report

Post time 1-1-2018 11:47 PM | Show all posts
“If you want to be a writer, you have to write every day... You don't go to a well once but daily. You don't skip a child's breakfast or forget to wake up in the morning...”

― Walter Mosley

Use magic Report

Post time 1-1-2018 11:48 PM | Show all posts
“I wrote a book. It sucked. I wrote nine more books. They sucked, too. Meanwhile, I read every single thing I could find on publishing and writing, went to conferences, joined professional organizations, hooked up with fellow writers in critique groups, and didn’t give up. Then I wrote one more book.”

― Beth Revis

Use magic Report

“To produce a mighty book, you must choose a mighty theme.”

― Herman Melville

Use magic Report

“Writing is really just a matter of writing a lot, writing consistently and having faith that you'll continue to get better and better. Sometimes, people think that if they don't display great talent and have some success right away, they won't succeed. But writing is about struggling through and learning and finding out what it is about writing itself that you really love.”

― Laura Kasischke

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 1-1-2018 11:49 PM | Show all posts
“Sometimes a book isn't a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Sometimes it's the only story you knew how to tell.”

― Tahereh Mafi

Use magic Report

Post time 1-1-2018 11:50 PM | Show all posts
“We are all pencils in the hand of God.”

― Mother Teresa

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-1-2018 11:51 PM | Show all posts
“When I was a little boy, they called me a liar, but now that I am grown up, they call me a writer. ”

― Isaac Bashevis Singer

Use magic Report

Post time 1-1-2018 11:52 PM | Show all posts
“Writing is not a matter of time, but a matter or of space. If you don't keep space in your head for writing, you won't write even if you have the time.”

― Katerina Stoykova Klemer

Use magic Report

“Good writing is remembering detail. Most people want to forget. Don't forget things that were painful or embarrassing or silly. Turn them into a story that tells the truth.”

― Paula Danziger

Use magic Report

“You can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.”

― Jodi Picoult

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-1-2018 08:20 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-1-2018 08:21 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-1-2018 09:06 AM | Show all posts
“The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall; nations perish; civilizations grow old and die out; and, after an era of darkness, new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again, and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men’s hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead.” — Clarence Shepard Day

Use magic Report

Post time 2-1-2018 10:42 PM | Show all posts
“As a writer, I need an enormous amount of time alone. Writing is 90 percent procrastination: reading magazines, eating cereal out of the box, watching infomercials. It's a matter of doing everything you can to avoid writing, until it is about four in the morning and you reach the point where you have to write. Having anybody watching that or attempting to share it with me would be grisly.”

― Paul Rudnick

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-1-2018 10:42 PM | Show all posts
“The life of a writer is absolute hell compared to the life of a businessman. The writer has to force himself to work He has to make his own hours and if he doesn't go to his desk at all there is nobody to scold him...A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.”

― Roald Dahl

Use magic Report

Post time 2-1-2018 10:43 PM | Show all posts
“I write out of revenge.”

― William Goldman

Use magic Report

Post time 2-1-2018 10:43 PM | Show all posts
“First, I do not sit down at my desk to put into verse something that is already clear in my mind. If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand.”

― Cecil Day-Lewis

Use magic Report

Post time 2-1-2018 10:45 PM | Show all posts
“The struggle of literature is in fact a struggle to escape from the confines of language; it stretches out from the utmost limits of what can be said; what stirs literature is the call and attraction of what is not in the dictionary.”

― Italo Calvino

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

8-6-2024 05:38 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.599169 second(s), 41 queries .