Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: dexa

ENGLISH QUIZ #29 - QUESTIONS - POST #583 P 24

Close [Copy link]
armania This user has been deleted
Post time 28-2-2007 10:30 PM | Show all posts

Reply #222 dexa's post

do i not get any credits for correct answers cmon dex, i knw ur a generous person

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

honeyling This user has been deleted
Post time 28-2-2007 10:35 PM | Show all posts
congrats nuha and cik audi..:clap:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-2-2007 10:46 PM | Show all posts
congrats to all winners..........

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-2-2007 11:13 PM | Show all posts

Reply #239 dexa's post

:tq: :tq: dexa

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-2-2007 11:14 PM | Show all posts
thank you guys

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-2-2007 11:15 PM | Show all posts
for those who posted the answers  for the quiz #11
please reply to this thread
so i can give your credits based on your correct answers -

thanks -

and
CONGRATULATIONS -

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 28-2-2007 11:25 PM | Show all posts
new Quiz?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-2-2007 11:29 PM | Show all posts

Reply #247 juju_amin84's post

going to post soon --

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 1-3-2007 12:08 AM | Show all posts
QUIZ#12

QUESTIONS -

1. It was so cold that I was glad I had obeyed my mum and put on warm ____. (wear)

2. John is ____ on this issue so better not mention it unless you want to offend him. (sense)

3. You are really ____ and you need to take a holiday to rest for at least a few days. (work)

4. I love doing my shopping in this ____ where I can buy everything under one roof. (market)

5. She has such beautiful legs that she should always wear ____. (skirts)

6. His ambition ____ his ability so he was disappointed when he failed the exam. (run)

7. The baby is three weeks ____ so we are getting seriously worried. (due)

8. Don't worry! With the helping hand of your friends you will soon ____ all your problems. (come)

9. While painting you should wear an ____, not an apron. (all)

10. You would need the ____ to do this, ordinary human power is not enough. (man)

11. The old lady died of ____, because she spent the whole night in the cold without any warm clothes. (thermia)

12. I think your professor is ____, by paying too much attention to the small faults. (critic)

13. I just loved the place with all the cliffs ____ the stream. (hang)

14. That criminal can't be called a man, he is less than human, he is ____, he is more like an animal. (human)

15. If something is ____, it is large enough to be visible to the naked eye. (scope)

16. We were ____ for the eggs in that little shop, don't ever go there to buy anything! (charge)

17. For the last few weeks we have had ____ temperatures every night. (zero)

18. He isn't a very successful businessman because he is ____ and never takes any risks. (caution)

19. If you want to get to the to the other side of this busy street, you must cross by the ____. (way)

20. He isn't happy with his job, because he feels that he is ____. (pay)

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2007 01:58 AM | Show all posts
QUIZ#12

QUESTIONS -

1. It was so cold that I was glad I had obeyed my mum and put on warm clothes. (wear)

2. John is sensitive on this issue so better not mention it unless you want to offend him. (sense)

3. You are really overwork and you need to take a holiday to rest for at least a few days. (work)

4. I love doing my shopping in this hypermarket where I can buy everything under one roof. (market)

5. She has such beautiful legs that she should always wear shortskirts. (skirts)

6. His ambition running his ability so he was disappointed when he failed the exam. (run)

7. The baby is three weeks overdue so we are getting seriously worried. (due)

8. Don't worry! With the helping hand of your friends you will soon overcome all your problems. (come)

9. While painting you should wear an overall, not an apron. (all)

10. You would need the superman to do this, ordinary human power is not enough. (man)

11. The old lady died of hypothermia, because she spent the whole night in the cold without any warm clothes. (thermia)

12. I think your professor is critical, by paying too much attention to the small faults. (critic)

13. I just loved the place with all the cliffs hang together the stream. (hang)

14. That criminal can't be called a man, he is less than human, he is dehumanize, he is more like an animal. (human)

15. If something is relevant, it is large enough to be visible to the naked eye. (scope)

16. We were overcharge for the eggs in that little shop, don't ever go there to buy anything! (charge)

17. For the last few weeks we have had very cold temperatures every night. (zero)

18. He isn't a very successful businessman because he is incautious and never takes any risks. (caution)

19. If you want to get to the to the other side of this busy street, you must cross by the causeway. (way)

20. He isn't happy with his job, because he feels that he is underpaid. (pay)

*  6 corrects - 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 20

[ Last edited by  dexa at 2-3-2007 04:53 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2007 02:08 AM | Show all posts
1. It was so cold that I was glad I had obeyed my mum and put on warm clothes. (wear)

2. John is sensitive on this issue so better not mention it unless you want to offend him. (sense)

3. You are really overwork and you need to take a holiday to rest for at least a few days. (work)

4. I love doing my shopping in this hypermarket where I can buy everything under one roof. (market)

5. She has such beautiful legs that she should always wear shortskirts. (skirts)

6. His ambition running his ability so he was disappointed when he failed the exam. (run)

8. Don't worry! With the helping hand of your friends you will soon overcome all your problems. (come)

10. You would need the superman to do this, ordinary human power is not enough. (man)

11. The old lady died of hypothermia, because she spent the whole night in the cold without any warm clothes. (thermia)

12. I think your professor is critical, by paying too much attention to the small faults. (critic)

13. I just loved the place with all the cliffs hang together the stream. (hang)

14. That criminal can't be called a man, he is less than human, he is dehumanize, he is more like an animal. (human)

15. If something is relevant, it is large enough to be visible to the naked eye. (scope)

16. We were overcharge for the eggs in that little shop, don't ever go there to buy anything! (charge)

17. For the last few weeks we have had very cold temperatures every night. (zero)

18. He isn't a very successful businessman because he is incautious and never takes any risks. (caution)

19. If you want to get to the to the other side of this busy street, you must cross by the causeway. (way)

20. He isn't happy with his job, because he feels that he is underpaid. (pay)

6 corrects , 7, 8, 9, 10 . 11 and 20 -

[ Last edited by  dexa at 2-3-2007 05:04 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2007 05:02 AM | Show all posts

Reply #246 dexa's post

thanks 4 the creds dex :tq:

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2007 10:41 AM | Show all posts
Congratulation to all winners...:clap:

Dexa, pls give me more credits for correct ans :pray: ...hehehehe

QUIZ#12

QUESTIONS -

13. I just loved the place with all the cliffs hang over the stream. (hang)

14. That criminal can't be called a man, he is less than human, he is human, he is more like an animal. (human)

17. For the last few weeks we have had cold temperatures every night. (zero)

20. He isn't happy with his job, because he feels that he is underpaid (pay)

6 corrects -  7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 20

[ Last edited by  dexa at 2-3-2007 05:05 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2007 10:43 AM | Show all posts
oppsss...sorry...typo error...."clothes"...

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2007 01:38 PM | Show all posts
1. It was so cold that I was glad I had obeyed my mum and put on warm __clothe__. (wear)

2. John is __sensitive__ on this issue so better not mention it unless you want to offend him. (sense)

3. You are really _overwork___ and you need to take a holiday to rest for at least a few days. (work)

4. I love doing my shopping in this __hypermarket__ where I can buy everything under one roof. (market)

5. She has such beautiful legs that she should always wear __miniskirts__. (skirts)

6. His ambition __running__ his ability so he was disappointed when he failed the exam. (run)

7. The baby is three weeks __late__ so we are getting seriously worried. (due)

8. Don't worry! With the helping hand of your friends you will soon __overcome__ all your problems. (come)

9. While painting you should wear an __over-all__, not an apron. (all)

10. You would need the __superman__ to do this, ordinary human power is not enough. (man)

11. The old lady died of _hypothermia___, because she spent the whole night in the cold without any warm clothes. (thermia)

12. I think your professor is __critical__, by paying too much attention to the small faults. (critic)

13. I just loved the place with all the cliffs _hang___ the stream. (hang)

14. That criminal can't be called a man, he is less than human, he is _unhuman___, he is more like an animal. (human)

15. If something is _logic___, it is large enough to be visible to the naked eye. (scope)

16. We were __overcharge__ for the eggs in that little shop, don't ever go there to buy anything! (charge)

17. For the last few weeks we have had _zero___ temperatures every night. (zero)

18. He isn't a very successful businessman because he is __incautious__ and never takes any risks. (caution)

19. If you want to get to the to the other side of this busy street, you must cross by the _causeway___. (way)

20. He isn't happy with his job, because he feels that he is _unpaid___. (pay)

5 corrects -  5,8 9, 10 and 11

[ Last edited by  dexa at 2-3-2007 05:07 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2007 02:24 PM | Show all posts
1. It was so cold that I was glad I had obeyed my mum and put on warm _clothes___. (wear)

2. John is _sensitive___ on this issue so better not mention it unless you want to offend him. (sense)

3. You are really _workaholic___ and you need to take a holiday to rest for at least a few days. (work)

4. I love doing my shopping in this _hypermarket___ where I can buy everything under one roof. (market)

5. She has such beautiful legs that she should always wear _miniskirts___. (skirts)

6. His ambition _ruined___ his ability so he was disappointed when he failed the exam. (run)

7. The baby is three weeks __overdue__ so we are getting seriously worried. (due)

8. Don't worry! With the helping hand of your friends you will soon overcome____ all your problems. (come)

9. While painting you should wear an overall____, not an apron. (all)

10. You would need the __superman__ to do this, ordinary human power is not enough. (man)

11. The old lady died of __hypothermia__, because she spent the whole night in the cold without any warm clothes. (thermia)

12. I think your professor is _critical___, by paying too much attention to the small faults. (critic)

13. I just loved the place with all the cliffs _overhang ___ the stream. (hang)

14. That criminal can't be called a man, he is less than human, he is
dehumanized , he is more like an animal. (human)

15. If something is _overscope___, it is large enough to be visible to the naked eye. (scope)

16. We were _overcharge___ for the eggs in that little shop, don't ever go there to buy anything! (charge)

17. For the last few weeks we have had _cold___ temperatures every night. (zero)

18. He isn't a very successful businessman because he is _
incautious__ and never takes any risks. (caution)

19. If you want to get to the to the other side of this busy street, you must cross by the _subway___. (way)

20. He isn't happy with his job, because he feels that he is _underpaid___. (pay)

8 corrects - 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 19 and 20

[ Last edited by  dexa at 2-3-2007 05:09 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-3-2007 04:11 PM | Show all posts
dexa,

For question number 6, it is fine if I wrote as:

6. His ambition is greater than his ability so he was disappointed when he failed the exam. (run)

Question 14

14. That criminal can't be called a man, he is less than human, he is inhuman, he is more like an animal. (human)

Many thanks :love:

[ Last edited by  nuha at 1-3-2007 04:24 PM ]

Use magic Report

honeyling This user has been deleted
Post time 1-3-2007 07:06 PM | Show all posts
1. It was so cold that I was glad I had obeyed my mum and put on warm __wear__. (wear)

2. John is __sensitive_ on this issue so better not mention it unless you want to offend him. (sense)

3. You are really __overwork__ and you need to take a holiday to rest for at least a few days. (work)

4. I love doing my shopping in this _hypermarket___ where I can buy everything under one roof. (market)

5. She has such beautiful legs that she should always wear __miniskirts__. (skirts)

6. His ambition __rundown__ his ability so he was disappointed when he failed the exam. (run)

7. The baby is three weeks __overdue__ so we are getting seriously worried. (due)

8. Don't worry! With the helping hand of your friends you will soon __overcome__ all your problems. (come)

9. While painting you should wear an __overall__, not an apron. (all)

10. You would need the _superman___ to do this, ordinary human power is not enough. (man)

11. The old lady died of _hyporthermia___, because she spent the whole night in the cold without any warm clothes. (thermia)

12. I think your professor is _critical___, by paying too much attention to the small faults. (critic)

13. I just loved the place with all the cliffs __hanging__ the stream. (hang)

14. That criminal can't be called a man, he is less than human, he is __inhuman__, he is more like an animal. (human)

15. If something is _telescopic___, it is large enough to be visible to the naked eye. (scope)

16. We were _overcharge___ for the eggs in that little shop, don't ever go there to buy anything! (charge)

17. For the last few weeks we have had _zero___ temperatures every night. (zero)

18. He isn't a very successful businessman because he is _cautious___ and never takes any risks. (caution)

19. If you want to get to the to the other side of this busy street, you must cross by the __subway__. (way)

20. He isn't happy with his job, because he feels that he is __underpaid__. (pay)

8 corrects --  5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 19 and 20

[ Last edited by  dexa at 2-3-2007 05:11 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2007 10:10 PM | Show all posts
QUIZ#12

QUESTIONS -

1. It was so cold that I was glad I had obeyed my mum and put on warm _wearing__. (wear)

2. John is _sensitive_ on this issue so better not mention it unless you want to offend him. (sense)

3. You are really _workaholic___ and you need to take a holiday to rest for at least a few days. (work)

5. She has such beautiful legs that she should always wear _miniskirts___. (skirts)

6. His ambition _overran___ his ability so he was disappointed when he failed the exam. (run)

7. The baby is three weeks _overdue___ so we are getting seriously worried. (due)

8. Don't worry! With the helping hand of your friends you will soon _overcome___ all your problems. (come)

9. While painting you should wear an _overalls___, not an apron. (all)

10. You would need the _bionicman___ to do this, ordinary human power is not enough. (man)

11. The old lady died of _hypothermia___, because she spent the whole night in the cold without any warm clothes. (thermia)

13. I just loved the place with all the cliffs _overhang___ the stream. (hang)

14. That criminal can't be called a man, he is less than human, he is _inhumane___, he is more like an animal. (human)

15. If something is _telescopic___, it is large enough to be visible to the naked eye. (scope)

16. We were _overcharged___ for the eggs in that little shop, don't ever go there to buy anything! (charge)

17. For the last few weeks we have had _below zero___ temperatures every night. (zero)

18. He isn't a very successful businessman because he is _cautious___ and never takes any risks. (caution)

19. If you want to get to the to the other side of this busy street, you must cross by the _subway___. (way)

20. He isn't happy with his job, because he feels that he is _underpaid___. (pay)

hope ths test isn't over

7 corrects -  5, 7,8, 11, 16, 19 and 20

[ Last edited by  dexa at 2-3-2007 05:13 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2007 10:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dexa at 28-2-2007 11:15 PM
for those who posted the answers  for the quiz #11
please reply to this thread
so i can give your credits based on your correct answers -

thanks -

and
CONGRATULATIONS -

dex thnx

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

1-7-2024 08:23 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.108124 second(s), 57 queries .