Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: whitedove

Japanese Entertainment News & Info HERE! [part IV]

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 23-7-2010 07:00 PM | Show all posts
Yuko Oshima, Eiji Wentz dating?
Tue, July 20, 2010 (6:54pm EDT)

A new AKB48 romance rumor has surfaced, involving top member Yuko Oshima (21) and WaT's Eiji Wentz (24). Sports Hochi claims that the two have been dating since a few months ago.

Sources say that Oshima and Wentz met when they both appeared in the TV Asahi drama series "Angel Bank ~ Tenshoku Dairinin," which aired this past winter. After that, Wentz has reportedly visited AKB48's Akihabara theater to watch Oshima perform, and he even attended the group's concert at Yoyogi National Gymnasium earlier this month. The two are said to have a lot in common, such as starting in show business at a very young age and enjoying soccer.

Their agencies have acknowledged that Oshima and Wentz are acquaintances but denied that there is any romance between the two stars.

Source: www.tokyograph.com

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 23-7-2010 07:03 PM | Show all posts
Akanishi comments on leaving KAT-TUN
Tue, July 20, 2010 (6:15pm EDT)

Jin Akanishi (26) has written a comment on the official Johnny's mobile site, his first since the news of his expected removal from KAT-TUN. In his message, Akanishi formally announced that he is going solo.

Akanishi explained that he and KAT-TUN have different directions, but he also assured fans that he does not dislike the other members nor have personal problems with them. He apologized to the members of KAT-TUN for causing them trouble in both big and small matters, while also thanking them for his time with them.

Akanishi stated that he hopes to be active as a solo artist not just in America, but also in other parts of the world such as Asia and Europe. He also said that he naturally wants to be active in Japan as well.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 05:24 PM | Show all posts
Maiko Itai looks to the universe

By Chris Betros

TOKYO —

When Maiko Itai’s name was called out as 2010 Miss Universe Japan at the final in March, a roar erupted from the audience in the gallery – 40 of her friends had turned up to wish the 25-year-old well on the big night. “Actually, I didn’t say anything to my friends about the contest until I was a finalist,” says Itai, sitting down for a chat in the offices of Miss Universe Japan. “When I heard my friends yelling my name, I felt so confident that I could stand on the world stage.”

Born in Usuki in Oita Prefecture, the 173-cm-tall Itai says she never dreamed she would enter a beauty contest. “I didn’t have much interest in fashion. I really liked animals, and wanted to become a vet. I was also interested in foreign countries, so I decided to learn foreign languages. I had studied English at school and later at Sophia University in Tokyo, I studied Portuguese for five years (including one year in Portugal) because of the historical relationship between Oita and Portugal.”

After graduating, Itai worked in Tokyo for a year before returning to Oita where she got a job at the local ward office for 3-4 months last year. That’s when she decided to apply for the Miss Universe Japan contest. “I’ve always been interested in expressing my personality, and I thought Miss Universe would be an ideal opportunity. My mother encouraged me to go forward. She said to me: ‘Don’t be scared to take risks.’ She always pushes me forward even when I am hesitant. I’m not too sure what my father thought about it, but he wasn’t against my entering the contest.”

Itai beat nearly 4,000 contestants and since her victory, has been busy preparing for the Aug 23 final to be held in Las Vegas. She has been taking English lessons, learning how to walk and present herself, as well as getting beauty and nutritional tips. “I still feel like I don’t have enough self-confidence,” she admits.  

Like her predecessors in the Miss Universe Japan contest, Itai is aware that when she goes abroad, she will be seen as the face of the modern Japanese woman. “Well, to be honest, I am more of a traditional Japanese woman, but I think that Japanese woman are warm-hearted and have a powerful core. It is difficult to show this kindness or core, but that’s what I would like to express in the final.”

Itai also knows that Miss Universe is not just about glitz and glamour and that she will be called upon to take part in many activities for charities. She says that children’s issues are closest to her heart. “That’s probably because my mother is a kindergarten teacher. I know there are children overseas who are not as fortunate as the children in Japan and I want to help them. Up until now, I haven’t seen their plight, other than on TV or in magazine stories. Miss Universe will give me an opportunity to experience the real world.”

As August approaches, Itai’s days are becoming busier. She has English conversation lessons twice a week. “I want to be able to express myself effectively at the final.” She works out the gym daily and is watching what she eats – even though she says she eats five times a day.

Itai’s trademark bangs will probably disappear for the final. “Right now, they come down over my nose,” she laughs. “For the national contest, that style was useful because I wanted to make an impact but at the final, I’ll be there for three weeks, and I need a more flexible hairstyle.” Itai’s fashion style has changed dramatically, too. “Previously, it was very simple. I never really thought how to use fashion to express my personality,” she says. “Now, it is a 180-degree turn and very stimulating, though I prefer casual clothes.”

When she is not busy preparing for the contest, Itai enjoys cooking. “When I was at home in Oita, I was in charge of meals and loved being in the kitchen.” She also tries to spend a bit of time each night updating her blog. “I’m still an analog person and never thought blogs were so important,” she confesses. “I was so surprised to receive comments from fans, and the responses I get instantly from people of all ages. Most of them want to know what I eat, what I wear, how I exercise, and so on.” No doubt, Itai now has a lot of male fans. So what type of guy does she like? “Somebody who is exciting and has the same sense of humor as me,” she answers.

For more info on Itai, visit her blog at www.missuniversejapan.com/2010/blogs/itaimaiko/

Source: www.japantoday.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 05:39 PM | Show all posts
Chanson singer Yoshiko Ishii dies at 87

Thursday 22nd July, 02:49 AM JST

TOKYO —

Chanson singer and essayist Yoshiko Ishii died of liver failure Saturday in a Tokyo hospital, her family said Wednesday. She was 87.

Ishii, a graduate of Tokyo Music School, the predecessor of Tokyo University of the Arts, debuted as a jazz singer shortly after the end of World War II. After switching over to a career in chanson following a visit to France, she led the chanson boom in Japan. The daughter of former Speaker of the House of Representatives Mitsujiro Ishii, she became the first Japanese to perform at the Olympia music hall in Paris in 1990. She also put her efforts into training younger Japanese singers.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 05:43 PM | Show all posts
ICONIQ appears in new ad campaign for Shiseido

Thursday 22nd July, 04:31 AM JST

TOKYO —

Singer ICONIQ, 25, is appearing in a new commercial for Shiseido cosmetic brand MAQuillAGE. ICONIQ’S hair has grown out from her buzz-cut debut last December, and in the commercial the perfectly made-up singer struts in front of 120 extras.

She commented, “I was really happy to get the chance to show the world how I’ve changed through my music and through makeup.”

ICONIQ is also appearing in a commercial for the Aug 7 summer festival “Wieder in Jelly a-nation ‘10.” Her new single “Tokyo Lady,” which will be in both commercials, will go on sale Aug 11 and be available as a mobile ring tone from Aug 28.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 05:47 PM | Show all posts
Charts: Ayumi Hamasaki, YUI
Wed, July 21, 2010 (10:45am EDT)

http://asiangirls88.com/wp-conte ... /04/Ayumi-Hamasaki-浜崎歩-1.jpg

Ayumi Hamasaki took #1 on the charts this week with her 48th single, "MOON / blossom." It sold nearly 71,000 copies to become her 23rd consecutive number-one single (extending the record among solo artists) and her 35th in total (also a record among solo artists).

Kyosuke Himuro's new song was #3, while BREAKERZ landed at #5. Berryz Koubou was right behind them at #6. The other new releases in the top ten were Hexagon All Stars (#8) and a double A-side single from ryo (supercell) feat. Miku Hatsune and kz (livetune) feat. Miku Hatsune (#9).

On the album charts, YUI's "HOLIDAYS IN THE SUN" came out on top with 185,000 copies sold. This is her 4th consecutive number-one album.

AKB48 charted at #2 with their latest compilation. MONKEY MAJIK was #4, followed by a "Naruto" best album. ORANGE RANGE and Yuzu ranked #7 and #8, respectively.

In the DVD rankings, AKB48's "Nigashita Sakanatachi ~Single Video Collection~" sold 81,000 copies to rank #1, marking their first time on top of the overall DVD charts. The DVD also sets the opening-week sales record for a female group, previously set by Morning Musume in 2001.

Meanwhile, in the Blu-ray category, the just-released Blu-ray version of the Studio Ghibli film "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind" sold roughly 20,000 copies. This is the first Studio Ghibli work to top the Blu-ray rankings. The film also opened at #1 on the videocassette charts in 1997 and on the DVD charts in 2003.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 26-7-2010 05:50 PM | Show all posts
Riko Narumi stars in mystery film "Shojotachi no Rashinban"
Wed, July 21, 2010 (7:24pm EDT)

Teen actress Riko Narumi (17) will star in a mystery movie titled "Shojotachi no Rashinban," directed by Shunichi Nagasaki ("Nishi no Majo ga Shinda"). The film is based on a book that won a prize in the 1st Fukuyama Mystery Literature Newcomer Awards two years ago.

Set in Fukuyama, the story revolves around a group of four high school girls who were part of a legendary theatrical group called Rashinban (which means "compass"). The group went on hiatus after a member suddenly died, but four years later the truth behind her death is unraveled and a plan for revenge is set in motion.

Narumi's supporting cast consists of Shiori Kutsuna (17), Ayaka Morita (21), and Mayuu Kusakari (17). "Shojotachi no Rashinban" is scheduled for theatrical release next spring.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 05:56 PM | Show all posts
Namie Amuro ready to have a 'Wild Summer'

Friday 23rd July, 03:41 AM JST

TOKYO —

Okinawan singer Namie Amuro, 32, will appear in the next edition of Coca Cola’s “Zero” commercial series that begins airing on Saturday.

The “Wild Summer” commercial will feature Amuro strutting her stuff in front of a background of flames while being blasted by bursts of wind. The singer said the commercial is meant to make viewers feel like they can beat the summer heat.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 06:04 PM | Show all posts
Cage Casts His Spell on Tokyo       
July 22, 2010

With Leonardo Dicaprio and Watanabe Ken in town the day before, Tokyo is having a bumper week with Hollywood celebrities. Nicholas Cage (46) was the latest arrival, visiting the Cinema Mediage complex in Odaiba for the premiere of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." He was joined on stage by producer Jerry Bruckheimer (64) and Mickey Mouse, the star of the 1940 animation feature "Fantasia" from which the new movie is derived. Directed by Jon Turteltaub, the movie opens in theaters here on August 13. Both critically and, so far, commercially the movie has proved to be the fourth disappointment in a row for the Bruckheimer-Disney dream team.

It's Cage's 7th visit to Japan but his first in three years. So he took his time greeting the 350 or so fans who lined the 30-meter red carpet. Over the course of half an hour, he shook hands, signed autographs and even gave the occasional hug. During his two-day visit, Cage also took time to visit the Hie Jinja shrine in Akasaka.

Source: www.japan-zone.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 06:07 PM | Show all posts
SuG Challenging a New Form of USTREAM with V-kei

July 22, 2010 by J!-ENT

- SuG will be presenting a new side of themselves in a new variety talk
program!-

This year in January SuG released their long awaited first major single “gr8
story” and with the energetic requests from their overseas fans, the USTREAM
program “SuG TV” has now been decided!

The program is a special version of “MJP TV”, produced by online music
magazine MJP (musicJAPANplus), directed at an overseas audience and will be
aired on July 23rd (Friday) at night at 10:00 o’clock. It will be ON AIR via
USTREAM for one night only world wide.

During the program, the band members will report on their current state in a
free talk session and amongst a present corner, there will also be a real-time
Q&A session, where the SuG members will be answering questions from their fans
in Japan and all over the world. Also, they will be challenging a “True or
False” QUIZ corner in an hour full of variety!

Certainly a thing to notice will be the costumes of the band members that day.
All of them will be taking part in the program with their private clothes and
MJP will engage them in a fashion talk upon their appearance. Until now vocalist
Takeru has already collaborated with a fashion brand and with their fashionable
reputation, they will not only be drawing attention with the contents of their
talk.

It is unusual for Visual-kei bands to take part in variety programs in Japan,
and as the artists will certainly be showing a new side of themselves during the
live broadcast, please expect a lot to come!

[Program Information]
* Program Name:SuG TV
* Airing Time:July 23rd 10:00 o’clock at night (Japanese Standard Time)
* Airing Place:MJP top page

http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/

* MJP is currently looking for Questions towards the band members concerning the
Q&A section as well as for the Quiz corner! Find more information here:

http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=52

Source: www.nt2099.com/J-ENT

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 06:10 PM | Show all posts
Foxxi misQ goes on hiatus
Thu, July 22, 2010 (10:18am EDT)

R&B unit Foxxi misQ has announced on its official website that it will be halting activities indefinitely. Each of the group's three members - CHiE, DEM, and YU-A - will be working on solo projects.

Foxxi misQ got its start in 2006 through the NTV audition show "Uta Star!!" They released six original singles and one album, though their last release was a mash-up single in November 2008. They also participated in several singles by other artists, such as Miss Monday and DOHZI-T.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 06:15 PM | Show all posts
Terry Ito directs first film
Thu, July 22, 2010 (11:55am EDT)

Stage director Terry Ito (60) is trying his hand at the big screen. His first film is a documentary titled "10 Oku En Kasegu."

Ito, who is also active as a television producer, talento, and critic, has been wanting to try film for some time. He decided to base his first picture on his own experiences in the character goods industry.

Starting in October 2008, he sold off some possessions to gather 3 million yen of his own money to create an original character, a bat known as NANITY 70 ? (Nanity Seven-oh Heart). Through licensing contracts and other opportunities, he set out to earn a total of 1 billion yen. Although he has not yet achieved it, he is still making progres towards that goal.

"10 Oku En Kasegu" is scheduled for release on November 20.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 06:17 PM | Show all posts
The GazettE announces first Tokyo Dome concert
Thu, July 22, 2010 (12:19pm EDT)

Rock band the GazettE just kicked off their new tour on Thursday with a concert at the Nippon Budokan. During the end of the show, they announced that they will play their first Tokyo Dome concert on December 26.

The band's current tour will run until August 31, but will resume with a second leg from October 1 until November 2. The Tokyo Dome show will be the tour finale.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 06:26 PM | Show all posts
2011 to be Koki Mitani's year
Thu, July 22, 2010 (7:48pm EDT)

Director and writer Koki Mitani ("The Uchoten Hotel," "The Magic Hour") is turning 50 next year, and to celebrate that fact, he has announced big plans for 2011. His project, called the "Mitani Koki Daikanshasai," involves him releasing a total of 7 works across various media over the course of one year.

It was already announced last month that he is working on a new movie called "Suteki na Kanashibari," starring Eri Fukatsu (37). In addition to that film, he will write and direct four plays and a television drama, and will write his first original novel in 20 years.

The first play, titled "Rokudenashi Takuboku," will start next January with Tatsuya Fujiwara (28) as the star. The next one will be "Kokumin no Eiga," apparently starring Fumiyo Kohinata (56). The other two plays are titled "Bedge Pardon" and "90 Minutes."

The television drama will be called "Walking Talking" and will be broadcast on WOWOW. Mitani has reportedly said that he would like to shoot the 90-minute drama in a single take.

The novel has been given the title "KIYOSU," though other details have not yet been announced.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2010 06:33 PM | Show all posts
Romance rumor for Satomi Ishihara denied
Thu, July 22, 2010 (6:55pm EDT)

The latest issue of FRIDAY reports that popular actress Satomi Ishihara (23) was out on a date with 30-year-old photographer Yasuyuki Emori. The two were seen together at the end of last month in Tokyo's Setagaya ward.

According to FRIDAY, Emori drove Ishihara to a Chinese restaurant in Setagaya. After having a meal together, they went to a nearby Don Quijote discount store, where the reporter captured a photograph of the two getting along well as they browsed through the electronics section. FRIDAY also reported on another occasion when Ishihara was seen leaving Emori's apartment.

During his university days, Emori was discovered by director Genjiro Arato (63) and was chosen to handle the photography for the movie "Akame 48 Waterfalls." Since then, he has been gaining popularity. He first worked with Ishihara last year when he was in charge of the official photobook for Arato's "Ningen Shikkaku," which opened in theaters this past February. In that movie, Ishihara played the wife of lead actor Toma Ikuta.

Ishihara's agency explained that she and Emori are friends through work and are definitely not dating. Emori stated that the two have become close since "Ningen Shikkaku" finished filming last summer, but also denied that there is a romantic relationship.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2010 06:23 PM | Show all posts
DiCaprio has plenty to dream about

By Chris Betros

TOKYO —

About a year ago, visitors to the ANA InterContinental Hotel in Akasaka got a treat when they saw Leonardo DiCaprio and Ken Watanabe filming a scene from their new movie “Inception.” The action later moved up to the hotel’s heliport during two very busy days of filming, before the team headed off to five other countries.

“I’m glad we started here in Tokyo because this is the sort of film that will appeal to the cerebral and surreal nature of Japanese audiences,” said DiCaprio, 35, back in Tokyo for his second visit in four months. Joining him were Watanabe, director Christopher Nolan and producer Emma Thomas.

“Inception” is probably the most original movie of the year, dealing with a team of “extractors” led by DiCaprio’s character, who enter the dreams of their targets and steal top secrets. Only this time, a billionaire (Watanabe) wants the team to go into the mind of a rival and plant an idea so that so he will awaken and act on it as if it were his own. “This is a very rare film to come out of the Hollywood system,” said DiCaprio. “It has a multi-dimensional plot structure and it’s thought-provoking. Too many films these days, especially summer ones, look like they have just been recycled from other plots.”

Nolan, 40, said he first started writing the script about 10 years ago. During that time, the British director has made a name for himself with films such as “Memento,” “Insomnia,” “Batman Begins,” “The Prestige” and “The Dark Knight.” “The studios and audiences crave novelty but they tend to go with what they know,” he said. “The trick is to convince the studio that what you’ve got is the novelty that audiences will respond to. For me, the dream world was a very inviting theme. Dreams feel real and for the most part, the dreamscape is familiar. All we needed was a peculiar twist.”

And that’s what we get with Paris streets that fold up like a map, characters floating about a hotel corridor in a gravity-defying fight scene, a train roaring through the streets of LA upside down and so on. “There wasn’t a day on the set when we weren’t totally flabbergasted,” said DiCaprio. “But I really enjoyed the emotional sequences. Without those, the film wouldn’t work. I think I had more existential conversations with my fellow actors than I have ever had before.”

Watanabe, 50, said “Inception” was unlike anything he had ever seen before. “Nolan is a visionary, like the Da Vinci of filmmaking,” he said. “I used to look at the script with all its scientific and literary intricacies and parts and I couldn’t imagine how he was going to put it all together. He was always discussing each character with the actors. At the outset, he suggested that I should play my character a bit like James Bond. The only trouble with that, I told him, was that there was no Bond girl for me.”

Before coming to Tokyo, the stars visited London, Paris and LA to promote the film, and at each stop, DiCaprio said the most commonly asked question was whose head he would like to get into, if he could. “I wouldn’t want to go into anyone’s mind,” he insisted. “There is no telling what is rattling around in some people’s heads.”

However, he may have to, since he is in talks with Clint Eastwood to play J Edgar Hoover in a film which will depict the secret life of the notorious longtime FBI director. Nolan, meanwhile, will be heading back to familiar territory – with a third, as yet untitled Batman film. “Batman has been very good to me,” he said. “The first two films opened up a lot of doors for me.”

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 3-8-2010 06:24 PM | Show all posts
Int'l peace film forum starts in Nagasaki

Saturday 24th July, 05:06 AM JST

NAGASAKI —

The first Nagasaki International Peace Film Forum began Friday, featuring 14 films that deal with the 1945 atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and other themes related to peace. The free forum through Sunday was planned by the Nagasaki National Peace Memorial Hall for the Atomic Bomb Victims to call for the realization of peace and a nuclear-free world ahead of the 65th anniversary of the U.S. bombings in August.

The 14 films include one depicting the late Tsutomu Yamaguchi, one of the rare so-called double hibakusha who fell victim to both the atomic bombing of Hiroshima on Aug 6, 1945, and Nagasaki three days later. He died in January at age 93. The film ‘‘White Light/Black Rain’’ by Japanese-American director Steven Okazaki was screened as the opening piece. Other events scheduled for the three-day forum include a performance by singer Tokiko Kato, who has close ties to atomic bomb victims.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2010 06:25 PM | Show all posts
Yoko Kumada hopes for a busy August with guys

Sunday 25th July, 05:30 AM JST

TOKYO —

Yoko Kumada says that August is her “Moteki” (period popular with guys). The 28-year-old “talent” was the special guest at a preview for the American black comedy “Jennifer’s Body,” starring Megan Fox and directed by Karyn Kusama.

Fox plays a possessed teenage serial killer who slaughters her male classmates. Kumada, dressed as a “devilish-cute girl,” declared “I’m more attracted to guys who are not that handsome. Once it is August, I’m going to make an all-out effort to get more popular with guys.”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2010 06:26 PM | Show all posts
Erika Sawajiri makes CNN's 'Tokyo Hotlist'

Monday 26th July, 03:00 AM JST

TOKYO —

Controversial singer and actress Erika Sawajiri, 24, is ranked the No. 1 “Most in-vogue” celebrity on CNN’s “Tokyo Hotlist.” The list was released on CNN’s travel-oriented CNNgo.com website. Sawajiri ranked first, with a tagline reading, “The Princess everyone is talking about.”

Pro golfer Ryo Ishikawa ranked fifth, while AKB48 came in at 19th. Japan’s World Cup team captain Keisuke Honda took the No. 20 spot.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2010 06:29 PM | Show all posts
Model Naoko Tokuzawa to marry
Fri, July 23, 2010 (10:28pm EDT)

CanCam fashion model Naoko Tokuzawa (25) is getting married to Chiba Lotte Marines shortstop Tsuyoshi Nishioka (25), it was learned on Friday. They plan to register their marriage on July 27, which is Nishioka's birthday.

Tokuzawa and Nishioka initially met in January 2007 for a CanCam photo shoot, but there was nothing between them until last summer, when they met again at a friend's party. They soon started dating, and their relationship was first reported by the media in January.

Nishioka apparently proposed earlier this month. On July 4, Tokuzawa attended a PR event for her movie "Remember Hotel," and a reporter asked her what she would do if Nishioka proposed. She quickly replied that she would accept, so when Nishioka later heard about it, he asked her to marry him.

Although they will register their marriage on July 27, they have not yet made plans for a wedding ceremony.

Source> www.tokyograph.com

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

30-9-2024 11:08 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.056805 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.